Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin
Angel

Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-08-07, 19:48

*Angel weighed the options presented. There was no way out of this one. She would be forced to make a decision right there and then - a factor she didn't appreciate. *

"You make it all sound easy. Its not, its far from it. Jaric is adament to have SoulReaver returned, he would not be pleased to find any negotiations made behind his back, and I have no doubt that when you have your signature from me, you'll use it to prove treason. Here you are, selling me promises of peace, when I fear your true intentions are to simply get rid of me. I am not your puppet - what we..what was discussed between us was a long time ago and remains in the past. How dare you come and make demands of me that go against my own beliefs."

*She was defensive, upset and downright annoyed. Vladamir had an answer for everything. She tried to appear poised and upright, but inwardly, Angel was in turmoil. There was no true answer to this. She didn't know what to do for the best. Vlad had it all planned out, yet she knew, he was only looking to his own best interests. Jaric himself had warned never to trust him. Yet Jaric's soul was under question now, and there was no where left to turn. Her eyes lowered even if she kept Vladamir within her sights. A small exasperated sigh escaped her lips and she found her hand coming up to rub her forehead.*

"I don't want to risk our marriage- I don't want to lose Jaric. If I sign..he'll never forgive me. If I don't, many will die. Either way, nobody wins."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-08-07, 23:42

<< lays the cocked and loaded crossbow on the table in front of him>>

If all I wanted was to get rid of you, then IO would have shot you through the heart when you enterred. No dear, what I want is precisely as I spelled out to you, you simple little girl. As for how I dare to bring up what was discussed in the past, need I remind you we have a contract, you have obligations, and in the end you seem to have forgotten that your entire position is due in no small part to the fact that I put you there.

Now, since we are both agreed that you are in a bad position, and that should this go wrong you will suffer first, let us weigh the options properly. Do as you are told, sign the papers, and save millions of lives at the risk of your own, or ignore me and doom them all to a terrible death at the hands of one monster or the other.

Every moment you sit here puts us one step closer to war, and should you take too long to consider, allow me to make one thing very clear. For every Aegean Jaric kills on his march, I will kill three of your own, and they will not be soldiers. I will start with your children, their mothers, and your old. I will kill weavers, bakers, and blacksmiths, farmers, tailors, and fishermen. I will make your people suffer for every life he takes until even they lose the will to fight.

I have had two thousand years to study Jaric's warfare, make no mistake, if you waste any moer time, there will be blood, and it will be on your hands. Reconcile that with your faith if you feel our deal does not sit well with your beleifs.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-08-14, 11:38

Maire kept pacing in the other room. It was taking a while and she was sure that Jaric and Rensain were probably wondering what was taking so long. She was caught between a rock and a hardplace however. She held within her the heirs of her husband and that was formost in her mind.

She glanced to the door as the minutes ticked by and finally making a decision that might save all their necks she moved to it and knocked speaking through the door "Milady, Lord Jaric is surely wondering what is taking us so long, please hurry for their could be a inquiry any moment from your husband or mine...."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-08-20, 13:43

<< glares at the door>>

She's right child...you have one night to decide. That is all the time he will delay here. Have your answer ready for me by then, or there is no further help I can offer.

<< rises to hsi feet, leaving the glass on the arm of the chair>>

Sleep well little Queen, for by dawn you will have to decide the fate of thousands.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-09-09, 22:21

*Angel watched Vladamir leave, completely on guard until he was no longer visible. She placed a hand to her mouth and tried to take it all in. The knowledge and decisions were all becoming too much. Maire was right - Jaric was waiting downstairs, and if she didn't hurry, he'd come up to find her.

She looked back to the door and raised her voice, trying to get Maires' attention. "Maire..please help me, I need to look ready.."

Then, as soon as she felt confident, Angel stood up and prepared hereself mentally to go back downstairs to Jaric.*
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-09-13, 19:36

OOC: Maire, I've moved back into this thread with Rensain and Jaric to keep things moving. Hope you don't mind!

Another Kind of Thunder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2