Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In Maires Chambers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 17:58

continuing in Maires rooms )

Maires dressing and sitting rooms were very comfortable. Once again the ever present roses and lavendar were set in vases on her dressing table as well as in the sitting room she had. A fireplace had been laid for a fire and candles were lit as the day was begining to draw to a close. Comfortable chairs and a chaise along with the dressing table and massive wardrobe still did not make the room feel cramped.

Maire closed the door behind them " I would be happy to lend you a fresh dress if you would like. I am afraid I have nothing as lavish as yours yet, however I can give you something comfortable and nice." She looked at Amarra and pondered " How about something in beautiful blue to bring out your eyes" she gestured to the table where a pitcher of fresh water had been set out with a washing basin. Crisp white linens that smelled of cedar and lavendar lay aside.

" feel free to use my brushes and combs and such, and I might suggest a lttle spritz of this" she lifted a silver atomizer" I grow herbs, and this is one of my favorite blends" she sprayed a bit in the air and waved her hand. The scent of sandlewood and citrus filled thier nostrils" It is quite refreshing for the senses" she sat on a nearby chair" if you like it I can make you some as well. I think the sense of smell is something that is often overlooked and many scents can invigorate or relax"

She seemed poised but there was a air about her of strength but tempered with warmth...not what most would think the wife of Rensain would be.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 18:12

~looks around the room with a mixture of caution and curiosity. She's a bit nervous, and guesses she can't entirely hide that fact, but then she's not very used to being in the company of another woman who isn't so far above her own station that there's a natural and unavoidable barrier. The events leading up to her being here have left her feeling a little overwhelmed, and she's grateful to go to the basin and dip her hands in the water. The little star on her forehead glows gently at the touch of water, and she smiles, feeling herself relaxing just a little bit~

You're very gracious. Thank you. I don't have much with me, and it's all packed away in the carriage.

~splashes some of the water on her face with a soft sigh of contentment as it both calms and helps to rejuvenate her a bit. As Maire sprays something in the air, she tilts her head and sniffs delicately~

You're right, that is lovely. You make it? I've never used a scent before.

~takes a seat, very glad that it isn't moving like the seat of the carriage, and picks up a comb to start detangling her hair~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 18:37

Maire moved to the wardrobe and selected a sapphire dress. She had been correct, it wasnt a ballroom dress but one much like the one she wore now. The material shimmered as the fabric moved like liquid. The sleeves were long and bellshapped with insets of lace sewed into them. A empire waist was chinched by a belt of the lace woven with silver thread. The neckline showed a hint of cleaveage but was modest in its presentation.

Maire laid it down on the chaise and then answered Amarra" Yes I did make it myself. I have always been fascinated with herbs and plants and their powers to heal and change ones moods. I havent a garden here but I did in Marloc. Since gardens are feasible in the Thunderlands, Rensain is allowing me to build a solarium. I also plan to buy some property in Merridia to open a apothcary. Not only will I have elixers and ungents for maladies but I want to have some items for ladies.
Bathsalts and scented oils along with soaps and scents to apply to their bodies and hair. I adore simplicity so they will evoke calming and invigoration for others. As you can tell my favorite by far is lavendar"

She smiled and continued as she watched Amarra brush out her hair " You have beautiful hair, I am sure you will make a lovely bride. You asked when Rensain and I planned to marry, there is no date set as of yet but Rensain insists that we be legally wed. He wants to make sure I am taken care of if something should happen to him."

She leaned back and spoke softly" He is a wonderful man , intelligent and witty, strong and protective yet not quashing my own thoughts and ideas. Besides being quite handsome..." she shook her head and laughed" Listen to me like some love sick child....though I am sure you feel the same way about your Prince."

Should Amarra look in the mirror to Maire she would see that it wasnt that candlelight that had Maires face glowing and her eyes dancing it was the talk of Rensain and what he ment to her.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 19:00

~pauses in surprise as Maire talks about Rensain, never having thought to hear him described that way. She desperately hopes she is successful in keeping that thought hidden, as she truly doesn't want to offend her hosts. She supposes that what she sees of the people of Aegis must be far different than what those close to them see. Her cheeks color at the mention of being a bride~

Jared is a good man. I think there is much he and I don't understand about each other, but we love each other, and that should be enough to help us want to learn all there is to know. I'm not sure if there will be a wedding, though. Actually, I'm not sure if we might officially be married already. From what I understand, I think we may be, but then there's still a lot about things that I don't understand. Still, a ceremony with gowns and flowers and everything would be nice to have. All the joy and the laughter. I hope that he and I will be as happy as you and Lord Rensain.

~changes quickly from her travel-worn dress into the blue one offered by Maire and watches in the mirror as she smooths it out. Even in its modesty, the neckline is lower than she's used to, and she blushes lightly again as she resists the urge to try and pull the material up a little higher. She picks up the bottle of scent and turns it gently in her hand, afraid to spray it in case she uses too much~

This is a lovely dress. Thank you so much for letting me borrow it. Will this relax him, do you think? He needs that. Things have been... stressful.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 19:24

Maire looked over Amarra and smiled " that is lovely on you " her dark eyes met with Amarras for a moment " If I might be frank Lady Amarra, I get the sense that you are shy and perhaps dont feel entirely comfortable with others, as if you dont have as much to offer" she had spent most of her life in the temple and observation was key. She had watched cues in Amarras behavior, heistancy and as if she wanted to not be the center of attention.

She gave a quick smile " I dont mean to offend but I get the feeling that you are very unsure of yourself." she took the young womans hand "Aegis can chew you up and spit you out. You I am sure know this as you must be close to the royals. Find that inner strength and dont let anyone tell you or make you feel that you are less then anyone else. Your beloved carries many weights and perhaps being young he overlooks the treasure you are. Shine and be his other half.

Rensain allows me to express myself and he listens to me. He never talks down but I am his partner. I know where I stand with him and he makes me feel as if I am the only woman in the world. " she squeezed Amarras hand " He also knows that he can trust me and that he can confide in me. I know almost instinctively when he is troubled and one thing that I do is I will just hold him. I dont need to speak words because the heart can speak volumns"

She pressed the atomizer in Amarras hand " Keep this and the dress too for it suits you well, and it is my gift to you. May it remind you that you are worthy of the love of your Prince and that you are a treasure as every woman should be to their husbands. I pray that he does treat you as such as Rensain treats me...though I know many would find it hard to believe of him" She thought for a moment and then bid Amarra to sit " I have a decorative comb that matches that dress, if you dont mind I will fix your hair for dinner" she took up a silver brush "forgive me if I was blunt or off the mark, I tend to not have the niceties of court ladies"
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 19:47

~stares at Maire in stunned silence for a long moment before slowly sitting back down. She clutches the atomizer in both hands as she turns to face the mirror, unsure of how to respond. She clears her throat softly and blinks a few times to force back the tear that threatens, then manages a slightly tremulous smile, speaking just above a whisper~

You are... very perceptive. And very kind. I don't know how to thank you. I feel like I may need to ask your advice about how to be the other half of such a prominent figure. You have as much grace and bearing as any other court lady I've known.

~rests her hands in her lap to allow Maire to work with her hair, though her fingers still fidget with the atomizer as she considers everything the other woman had said~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 20:09

Maire took the brush and ran it through Amarras thick locks. "I think the first thing that Rensain and I share is a passion for one another. He does little things for me just to please me and I him. Perhaps you can find a small gift that suits him, something that shows that you know him. I found a wonderful silver cane for Rensain. You know his penchant for always looking dapper. He likes fine things but there are other things as well."

She began took a small segment of Amarras hair and began to weave it with a segment on the other side so that it created a pretty pattern of braiding. " Perhaps a shared glass of wine in front of the fire just the two of you so that you can talk over the day. " she smiled as she met Amarras gaze in the mirror " One thing Rensain likes is for me to help ease the tension in his shoulders and neck with massage." she twisted the remaining hair and then deftly slid the comb into what looked like a french roll. The comb was silver and held tiny stones of blue in its spine.

She closed her eyes thinking " I have some tea that I drink before bed, since your Prince has had stress perhaps a cup of that before he goes to bed will help him relax, " she finished working the muscles in Amarras shoulders and then stepped away.

" When I make my oils I will send some and you can massage his shoulders with that. With your touch and the scent it should be very soothing. Perhaps some bath salts for you too ." she smiled kindly " Amarra you are beautiful, you shouldnt hide yourself, it isnt a evil to show yourself to be pretty, modesty doesnt have to hide your face and figure"

She sat and then spoke again " thank you , I dont get to talk to many ladies. Many people shy away because of Rensain though I think if they truely knew him they would see he isnt a monster. He cares for Aegis and its people. He really does though most see him as ambitious and arrogant I see as strength and confidence. I suppose its all in how one looks at a person, and when I see you I see a lovely woman that is smart and kind....but maybe a little lost"
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 14:33

~As Maire speaks, her mind plays images to accompany the words. She pictures herself sitting and talking with him, smiling, something they don't do very often lately. In her imagination, at least, they can have a conversation without making each other angry, and she sincerely hopes it's possible in reality, too. She imagines herself rubbing his shoulders after a long day and smiles slightly, though she shies away from that imagine fairly quickly. They've never been physically close at all, and while the thought isn't at all unpleasant, it still makes her a little nervous.

She looks up into the mirror to see what Maire did with her hair and smiles brightly in surprise. She lifts a hand to touch it, then thinks better of it and rests it back in her lap. She doesn't think of herself as especially pretty, but she doesn't hate what she sees in the mirror, and the person looking back at her right now looks different enough than usual to make her even feel a little differently about herself, and to wonder what Jared will think of her. Despite everything, she always has loved him, and she does want to make him happy, if she can~

Can you teach me how to do that? I like it. And... will you show me how to use this right?

~holds up the atomizer again with a small, self-conscious giggle. Somehow, being here with Maire has lightened her spirits a bit. She finds herself wanting to share with Maire everything that had happened, from her reasons for going to Icehold, to all that had led up to being here tonight, but she still doesn't know the woman well, and she supposes that's probably not a wise idea. Especially not when she still doesn't know what's going to happen when they travel back to Meriddia, or how things will reflect on Jared~

I've never thought of Rensain that way before. I... I have to admit, he and I haven't gotten along well, previously. Maybe there's more to him than I thought. There must be, if you're here with him. It's hard to change opinions overnight, though.

I don't get to spend time like this either very often. I don't know where I'll be after... we go home. But maybe we can arrange to meet once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 15:17

Maire gave a geniune smile " I would very much like that. I will be in Merridia quite often as I get my business of the ground" she took the atomizer and showed Amarra how the top came off and one could fill it with the scent."You can use any perfume that you would like. I dont do many perfumes as they are tedious to leech the scents out. I only do one or two but my heart lies with other things like the scented oils and such." She screwed the lid back on and the gently squeezed the small bulb that was attached and a fine spray blew out.

" I wouldnt use too much or you will smell like you came from a brothel" she chuckled and then indicated towards the door " Lets see what your Prince thinks fo your hair, I will teach you how to do it. You will have to practice as it is a lot easier to accomplish when you can see what your doing. I know many hairstyles. When we were at the temple we were required to keep our hair up for certain cermonies and to fit headresses on could be a nightmare"

She went to the drawers quickly and pulled out a nightgown and then opened the door and called for a servant. One appeared within moments and she gave the maid the nightgown" Make sure the Lady has our finest guest room and place this on her bed for when she retires and take her dress and have it aired and pressed and ready for when she leaves on the morrow" the maid bobbed and then quickly left as Maire turned back to Amarra"I will send you a basket of things with you tomorrow so make sure you dont leave before we get a chance to say goodbye..." she gestured that they should walk back to the main hall where the men were.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 15:47

~touches her hair delicately and smiles as she moves to follow Maire back into the hall. With a glance down at herself, she again resists the impulse to adjust the material of the dress and has to remind herself that it fits well and looks nice~

My people don't do much with their hair. It doesn't work well in the water, so all I know how to do are simple things. I've always envied women who could do these things. I really would appreciate it if you could teach me. If I'm to be the other half to a prince, I should probably be more careful with how I look.

~watches the servant go with the nightgown and smiles shyly, gratefully~

You have been more than kind. Once I'm settled, ff there's ever anything I can do for you... if I'm able...

~her voice trails off as thoughts of the uncertain future creep in again, but she shakes her head to clear it and smiles again. She feels good, better than she's felt in a long time, and she's determined not to let anything ruin it. Tomorrow will come tomorrow, but tonight is here now, and she will try to be as happy as she can be right now~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 15:58

continues in a Quick Visit))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Maires Chambers Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Maires Chambers   In Maires Chambers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Maires Chambers
Page 1 of 1