Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Empty
PostSubject: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-12, 08:08

It had been sometime that Jared and Amarra had been travelling by horseback into the forest. The weather was cold, damp and growing more unpleasant. He looked across to her, and spoke for the first time since leaving Meriddia.

"We should let the horses rest and drink. I was thinking, Jabo had a wooden lodge out here...not far, perhaps we could shelter there for now?"

He guided the horse through the tree's, still holding it by the leather reigns.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-12, 10:51

~keeps her eyes straight ahead, her discomfort with horses evident in her tense posture. After recent events, and knowing what might be coming in the future, being afraid of horses seems completely ridiculous, but that still doesn't mean she's comfortable riding, or that she's any good at it. Still, her face is determined as he tries to remember everything anyone has ever taught her about handling herself on horseback. She nods at Jared's suggestion and risks a very quick glance at him with an even quicker smile~

You know the forest better than I do. It sounds like a good place to stop. I can gather water for us and the horses if there is none there.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-14, 09:56

"Its really not too far from here. I'm hoping we get there before the rain begins..."

He let his voice trail off, allowing the horse to tread at the same pace as Amarra's.

"Just between the tree's....over in that direction"

He pointed, glimpsing some of the log house already.

"Hmm...it wasn't as far as I first thought after all..."

Dismounting from his horse, he lead it through the shallow brush, kicking and pushing away branches as he walked. Occasionally, he'd stop and hold them so that Amarra could walk through. Finally, he found himself standing infront of the log cabin, that was surprisingly well kept on the outside. It made him extra cautious.

"If you tie up and water the horses...I'll go in and inspect that the cabin is empty and safe."
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-14, 10:46

~sighs with relief at the sight of the cabin and slides clumsily down off her horse, thankfully managing to keep her feet. With a nod, she takes the reins from Jared and leads both horses around the side of the building in search of someplace to tie the beasts. Remembering whose cabin this was, she knows there must be something... With a faint smile, she gently kicks aside some small brush partially concealing a post and an overturned bucket. She is careful to secure the horses so that they can't wander off but can still be freed fairly quickly in case of an emergency before examining the bucket and finding it sound. Not much effort is necessary, the weather being so damp, to draw enough water from the air around her to fill the bucket and allow the horses to drink, and then she waits there, both in case more water is needed, and to keep from being in Jared's way as he makes sure everything is okay~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-17, 00:55

((Rae gave me a narrator nod for what I post next, so I'm good to go.))

The door wasn't difficult to open and because of the good condition of the entrance way, Jared frowned instantly and became confused. As he swung the door open, he looked about the living room. There were logs for the fire, and a blanket tucked nearby the sofa. The place wasn't just mildly clean...it looked spotless. Yet, as he listened, there was no sound of anyone else.

Stepping further into the kitchen area, again, all was clean. Opening up one of the food pantries, it was stocked full. His ears were still on high alert when he checked out the other rooms, and soon he was back in the living room scratching his head. There were no signs of an occupancy...no dirty clothes or a plate - yet there it was.

Then, as he stood there something caught his eye - a note, which rested on the side table. He hadn't seen it before. Nearing, he recognized the writing before he could read the words, and upon picking the paper up, he laughed. It read:

To my Son and Daughter-in-law,

Enjoy your honeymoon, its not much for now, but I hope it'll do..

Love you,

Ava Bathory
X

How she had known that they would end up there, he did not know. Turning, and looking up he glanced around for Amarra to show her the letter.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-17, 06:27

~watches one horse drink its fill from the bucket, then draws some more water to refill it for the other. She glances down into the water at her reflection and winces as she notices the angry bruise on her cheek from the king's blow and her otherwise dishevelled appearance. With a grumble about horse travel, she combs her finger through her hair to smooth it as best she can. After a few minutes, she realizes she's heard nothing from Jared. Assuming he'd have shouted or mindlinked her if there was some kind of trouble, she leaves the horses and goes back to the front of the cabin to peer in the door.

She sees Jared fist and step innside to take the letter,but the room catches her attention before she can read it. she looks around with surprise, having expected it to be run-down and empty. Finally she reads the letter and smiles faintly, fondly, the part of her face not bruised coloring slightly, even as she mutters, «I knew she didn't disapprove.»

After a second read, she looks back up at Jared as she hands the letter back to him, her expression both guarded and questioning~

That's if you still want to be married to me. You didn't when you left Rensain's.

~smiles slightly. There's no bitterness in her eys or her tone, only a touch of irony in her next words, along with a soft laugh~

I think both of us had better decide once and for all what it is we do want.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-19, 23:27

Taking the letter back from Amarra, he looked at her for a few moments. Clearly he was thinking carefully about what she had just asked of him. He stepped closer to her, bringing his hand to her chin and lifting it up more so that her eyes would meet his.

"Of course I still love you..I left you at Rensain's because I had to. There was a lot going on and I needed to get my head straight. Maybe this time here will allow us to build on what we have?"

He closed his eyes and leaned down, softly letting his lips meet hers. Pausing to give an amused smirk, Jared kept his lips close and his head tilted.

"This feels like a good start..."

Carefully, he reached along the side of her body, one hand curving along her slender hips and tenderly pulling her closer still. His other hand stroked along her cheekbone as he pressed his lips against hers once again, this time with more determination and passion.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-20, 08:50

~a soft gasp of surprise escapes her lips the first time his touch hers. She'd been afraid to hope that things might still be okay, hadn't even let herself consider that he might still want her after all, that it all seems almost unreal now. She rests a hand on his chest, over his heart, with a hint of a smile. A tiny giggle cuts off almost as soon as it starts as he pulls her close, her body stiffening uncertainly for just a second before she slips her other arm around his neck and all but melts against him.

Still, after a long moment, the giggle returns even through their kiss, the gentle sound a reflection of a touch of nervousness, more than a little relief, and most of all of a happiness at being here, with him, that she doesn't remember ever having felt in as long as she can remember. She doesn't want the moment to end so soon, but try as she might, the giggle refuses to be stifled. She's been unhappy for so long, for one reason or another, that now that she is actually happy, it's as if it doesn't want to be contained~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-22, 01:04

Amarra's giggles made him grin, his own deep laugh ringing out as he took the reality of the situation. His arms around her tiny delicate waist kept her close as he neared for yet another kiss. This was the first time in a very long time that they had been together without any interuptions.

It was with reluctance that he broke away from the kiss. Keeping her still in his arms, he kept her embraced and swaying slowly.

"I think we'll enjoy it here..my dear wife."

There. It was said aloud, and it didn't sound half bad. He grined widely and brought his arm up, stroking along her cheek and through her silken soft hair. Everything about her was still wonderful.

Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-22, 09:46

~her giggles taper off to a grin that matches his own, then further to a soft, contented smile, and her eyes drift closed as she leans just slightly into his touch, in no hurry at all to leave the security of his arms~

It's been a long time since we've laughed. We should do it more often. And I can't think of any place I'd rather be... husband

~her cheeks color slightly at that last word, it sounding strange to her, but not unwelcome. She guesses there's a lot she'll have to get used to, and the idea of diving into unknown waters with him is both exciting and compelling. While part of her can't help but be a little nervous still, his very presence is warm and comforting. One thought does giver her pause, though, and while she normally would shy away from it, she decides it's best for her husband to know now~

Jared, you should know that I'm... I mean, I've never... never been... Married. I've never been married.

~her last sentence comes out in a rush as her face reddens again, deeper than before. She looks around the room for something to distract her, something she can use to change the subject quickly. Her mind refuses to obey her, of course, so instead, she buries her face against his shoulder to hide her embarrassment~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-27, 20:36

Hearing Amarra call him 'Husband' was just as alien to him calling her wife, but he would not comment on such at this moment. They had moved on to another matter entirely, and instead of addressing Amarra's new found revelation with her, he gave a small nod of understanding. Leaning closer to her once more, Jared spoke into her ear and she would feel his breath tingle along her lobe.

"It doesn't matter. You're mine now.."

His arms remained around her waist, and because of their height difference, he had to tilt his head down to reach her - but all the same, Jared made sure his lips meet hers with deep determination and desire.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime2011-01-28, 08:31

~the feel and sound of his words sends a shiver down her spine, and she realizes that this is what she's been looking for since she came to Aegis, and even before. She belongs here, now, with him, and knowing that she's really wanted is enough to push every other thought from her mind. No worries over the future, no fears, no anger or frustration can get past the safety of his arms. For right now, nothing else in the world matters besides the two of them.

She sighs deeply against his lips, and she suspects his hold on her is possibly the only thing keeping her standing as her knees suddenly feel like jellyfish. Even a response to him isn't worth breaking this kiss that's unlike anything she's ever felt before, so she sends a gentle mindlink instead, her 'voice' both playful and absolutely serious at the same time~

"Don't you forget it. And don't ever let me forget it either."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}   Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cast to the Forest {Cont. Judgement}
Page 1 of 1