Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin
Angel

Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Empty
PostSubject: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-01-19, 22:52

OOC: This is the last post, I thought starting a new one would keep things neat and tidy.

Maire wrote:
She gave a incline of her head to her husband and to Jaric leaving them she ushered Angel out of the room and up the stairs to the family wing. She spoke reguarding Angels statement about the Caladores not being the only ones she knew of having a upcoming birth" I hope the kingdoms will be blessed with new life. There is nothing sweeter then a childs innocence and hope. The world can be harsh but children do give us reason to hope that it will be a better place." she walked them past tasteful paintings that reflected her elegant simplicity. Rugs laid along the length of the hall hushed their footsteps, as flames from the lamps flickered against tapestrys on the walls." I must say that the Thunderlands does not lend itself to green and live things. I have tried to decorate to compensate for my love of growing. Earthtones give one a sense of serenity" It was all smalltalk while they reached Maires dressing chambers.

Her chambers were off of the master bedroom and gave her a very feminine place to dress, drink a cup of tea in solitude or read. A chaise sat near the window and a small table and two chairs were nestled in the corner. A large gilded mirror hung on the wall above the oak dressing table.
Upon it fresh linens and just as they were entering a servent bobbed and excused herself to fill the porcelin bowl that rested on the dressing table. A scent of lemons and lavender rose with the steam. The servent left the remaining water in the pitcher and left closing the door behind.

Maire invited her guest to sit at the dressing table whose top was adorned with a array of pins and small bottles containing the scents that Maire loved to create. The fire crackled merrily and showed the glint of a silverbacked brush and comb near the mirror" I can leave if you wish some privacy or I can keep you company. Sometimes one can weary of hearing only men" she smiled and awaited the Ladys pleasure.

*Angel turned and followed the Lady Maire out of the Main Hall that Rensain and Jaric were sat in. Her mind was clouded with thoughts, and no doubt Maire's was too. It would be a couple of steps before Maire broke the silence with her talk, and Angel was relieved to hear her speak. Clasping her hands infront of her respectively, she nodded and added her own opinion.*

"You're quite right, Lady Maire...Children are amazing. I meet so many children in my orphanages who have such wonderful personalities." She paused briefly, as she followed Maire around the corridor. Ah yes, she remembered this beautiful home very well. It had changed since the Caladores had moved in, but the ambience and beauty of its very design had remained.

Finally they reached the door to Maires dressing chambers and Angel allowed herself to be shown inside. She gave a small smile. "Lady Maire, please stay if you would?" With a deep breath, Angel continued to speak when she had sat down at the pretty dresser, looking into the mirror.

"Before we go any further, I wish to say something if I may..." her hand came up and she removed her hat, revealing her more cropped and shoulder length hair. A difference from the many moons ago that she had first met Maire. "Lady Maire..I know that we have both had our differences in the past. Regardless of what they were - it is my greatest wish that we can put much behind us. So much has changed now.." She turned around and looked to Maire.

"Now...lets speak no more of it..I long to move on..I hope that we have much to look forward to in the future." With another thoughtful smile she said softly. "Especially you. Congratulations again on your new additions, twins..how lovely."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-01-23, 13:14

Maire closed the door behind them and remained at Angels behest. She sat in a chair near her dark eyes watching as Angel removed her hat and settled in front of the mirror. At her request that the past be put behind Marie broke out in a soft smile and a nod" Things do indeed change, I myself find that I had much naivete when I first came to Aegis though I thought myself wise. Time has a way of taking our perspectives of old and reforming them." She herself was relieved that Angel set the tone and it wasnt adversarial. So much was at stake for the people of Aegis and the glimpse of Angels heart gave Maire hope that they both had the same compassion for the people that lived in the lands that they served.

At the mention of the twins Maires expression turned to unadultrated raidence. " I am very blessed and Rensain is happy as well. I think that many would be surprised to know that he is a devoted father and quite a family man" she smiled " a child has a way of changing your world and Rensain was no exception."

She nodded to Angel " Please feel free to use whatever you wish to shed the travel. Tea will be brought shortly, I must confess it is a passion of mine. I opened a apotocary in Merridia and I have a tea room attached as well. My love for growing things has been quite stilted here as nothing seems to grow, which is why I have built the solorium. " She gave a wry smile" It is rather barren of green right now. I havent had the chance to plant but when it is finished you must come and see . It is my santuary....gardens that is and it gives me a connection that brings me much joy"

She tilted her head and asked " And what are your passions Milady....have you a hobby that calms your soul and offers you some moments of escape?" She wondered if she inundated Angel with too much small talk however it was a long ride with men and she knew that sometimes woman talk was welcome after the grunts of conversation that men often gave. She also truely wanted to know what Angel was like now ...for she remembered a impassioned girl with absoulutes of black and white and it seemed that the edges were gone at least from what Maire could see.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-01-27, 22:13

Angel listened to Maire and began to undo some of the furs around her neck as she looked in the mirror and smiled faintly. When Maire mentioned Rensain's penchant for being a good father, and laughed lightly, her voice ringing out.

"Is that so? Is he really? You are right, the fact does suprise me. Its common knowledge around the realm that Lord Rensain does nothing but work, I find it hard to imagine he has family time." She paused very brielfly, adding. "I should think you're right..a child can change ones priorities if you choose to care for it...but I'm not a mother, not yet. I see the children of my own realm as my own, I have a duty to protect them all."

Peering into the mirror, she looked at her eyes and how much older she looked. "Oh.." her hand came to touch her face, then she laughed. "I had no idea I looked so...worn. I should think the cold of Icehold might do that to a person...or a crown."

Quickly, Angel turned around to Lady Maire. Her tone wasn't so much commanding, but more of a guest requesting softly. "Would you be so kind as to order me a warm bowl of water and a wash cloth with the Tea you suggested? Thank you." then, reaching out for the beautiful brush, Angel combed through those sunkissed locks that now ended abruptly and short across her shoulders.

"The Solarium sounds lovely, Lady Maire. I wish I had thought of such an idea for Icehold...our weather is so harsh, that its hard to imagine that anything can grow. I should like to see the Solarium if we ever get the time." Her pause was brief and thoughtful. "You ask of my passions, I like to think I have many. Lord Alex, my brother in law, has taught me how to create a sword in the forgery. I can't claim its very good, but practice does make perfect. My other hobbies are particularly my charities. I adore funding and visiting the elderly or the very young...all of whom clearly need my assistance. I provide for them the best I can."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-01-28, 20:42

<< From a darkened corner behind the ladies the Baron's voice is heard, sitting in a chair with his feet up, a glass of vodka in his hand >>

You know dear, I have noticed the distinct lack of green here as well...what did you two do to my gardens?

Angel dear, looking as lovely as Aurora allows, Lady Maire, do pardon the intrusion, but I have needs to speak with my dear sister without big brother's knowledge. Do see to it that he doesn't find out I'm here when you go...I'd hate to see Jaric burn your house down and kill everyone here. Rensain has grown too fond of you to allow you to die so horrendously.

Be so kind as to wait for the lady in the next room, and try not to listen in too intently. As I said, Jaric discoverring this meeting would be disastrous for us all.

<< waves Maire off dismissively, locking his eyes on Angel>>

Down to business child, we have a marker come due, and I am here to collect.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-01-28, 22:22

*The minute Angel heard Vladamir's voice, she tensed her shoulders and instinctively, her hand span round to the dagger at her hip and rose from the chair. Instinctively, she wanted to ML Jaric, but Vlads words made her pause and hesitate.

Not once did Angel's eyes avert from his presence, but she wasn't about to look him straight in the eyes either. The stench of his dark aura radiated and almost made her feel sick. It had felt stronger than before. Perhaps it had been so long since she had seen him. Clearly, Angel's face visibly paled and as Vlad talked to Maire, Angel used the time to think a way out of the situation. *

"Lady Maire..I will be well.."

*She looked to Maire and with her eyes said, "Its ok.." to leaving her with Vladamir. Whilst Angel didn't doubt that Maire could protect herself, she still worried for her safety against the Baron. When Maire left, Angel remained with her hand upon the hilt of her dagger. She kept calm but her eyes were unwelcoming and hard.*

"Is that so? What marker would this be?"

Last edited by Angel on 2011-02-01, 14:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-01-29, 14:45

Maire herself wsa startled by the presence of the King as she stood calmly. She placed a quick hand on Angels arm and mummered " I shall be in the other room should you have need" She knew Angel could handle herself with Vlad and if Angel wished Jaric to know he was there, Maire had no doubt that Angel could inform him.

Maire gave a slight bow to them both though as she made her way to the door that joined her and Rensains bedchambers to her dressing room. She gave one last glance at Angel and then closed the door, its latch catching with a slight click. Maire moved to the bed and rubbed her temples. Had it been any other man that entered her private dressing chambers uninvited there would have been hell to pay and Rensain would be the one that held the recipt. This was no ordinary situation however. She like everyone one else was caught between some crisis that she didnt even know the origin of. She and Rensain had been thrust into something that hinted at great danger and yet they had no clue of what or where that danger would come from.

The news of Marcus that Angel had given now could ruminate within her as she was now alone. It felt as if she had been punched in the stomach, hope , frustration and sadness all rolled into one. Yet even her beloved son must be put on the backburner for now. There was nothing that could be done and the fate of all hung in the balance now. Maire put the thoughts of her son in the back of her mind and came back to the present. She sat doing her calming excercises, at best she would hear only mummered voices as the clock on the mantle of her bedroom fireplace ticked the moments away she only hoped that this would all end soon with limited casualtys.
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 20:02

<< smiles slightly as he tosses the contract onto the table in front of her. >>

The conclusion of our business transaction, the one that put you on the throne in the first place. You see dear, I need you to take care of a small matter for me, and you are bound by law, honor, and faith to pay your debt in full.

<< sips from the glass>>

But do not fear, I will not ask anything of you that you, yourself, would not be willing to do alone. In fact, I simply ask your assistance in saving a single soul from an eternal damnation worse than any that I have ever caused.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 20:17

*Angel's eyes averted to the papers infront of her and she had bile in her throat. Her eyes wavered from their strong resolve and very briefly, he had her heart almost stop from the shock of it.*

"This is not the time nor the place.."

*She began, but his next words of saving a single soul from damnation caught her off guard. Angel feigned naivety, but kept her hand on her dagger for reassurence. Her voice remained cold and calm, rather Auroran, one could say.*

"What are you talking about? Get to the point."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 20:27

<< loses all pretense of a smile>>

Actually dear, now is exactly the time and place. You see, my dear brother is going to march on my home and kill me to get his precious sword back, and neither of us wants that to happen.

<< leans back in his chair>>

Nearly a thousand years have been spent preparing for this mess, and it is no secret that I put you in his bed above many mor epliable candidates. Have you ever stopped and asked why? For that matter, did you not wonder why I made you available to Jaric as a weapon against the demon in the first place? Or why, since he had the sword capable of killing the creature, and the skill to do so, he sent a small girl to do the job instead?

<< finishes his drink, tossing the glass into the fireplace>>

I spoke of saving a soul. It is not a matter I take lightly, especially since the soul I am asking you to save is my brother's, dear Angel. I need your assistance in keeping hundreds from dying, and thousands from becoming no more than slaves to his hand. If he takes the blade, the demon will claim him, and in doing so, we will be faced with a force far more dangerous than I ever was.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 20:55

*Standing there, she saw his smile fade and her body tensed even more so. Her heart began to pound heavy and loud. No matter how much one could train, a fear of the Baron was hard to overcome. However, he spoke of ending the war, and she made no move to interupt him until he was done.

Shaking her head, she looked at Vladamir with sheer disbelief.*

"You put me in his bed? No, if I remember - I came to you first...I wanted to be there. As for why? Why not? I am the daugher of Angelfire, its a good enough match if I had more money and titles, you wouldn't have been needed at all.."

It didn't matter, Vladamir had a knack for planting the most wicked of seeds into peoples heads, and now was no different. She questioned the matter and tried to have an answer to everything he had asked.

"SoulReaver could not be defeated by anyone but me..Lord Jaric has a realm to lead, I would never have expected him to go..."

Memories of SoulReaver, being trapped with Kinsen in that god awful cell...it was too much and she shook her head - but then came her own knowledge - what she knew about Jaric now was that he would have gone to defeat SoulReaver. Vlad was right, why hadn't he? Angel blinked and snapped out of her thoughts as Vladamir dropped the glass into the fire. Her resolve was already weakening, and she didn't like it.

Her blue eyes looked up at Vlad, her hand coming up to her forehead as she heard him speak. It was the last thing she had expected or wanted to hear about Jaric and his loss of control to SoulReaver.

"No Vlad...you're wrong..He has been in control for centuries - nothing has changed."

Ah, but she knew it had. She knew in her heart that Jaric had not been the same for a while. She felt her breathing get heavy with panic and her hand reached out for a hankerchief to steady herself.

Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 21:03

<< shakes his head>>

Come now child. Surely you have seen it. He grows colder, more distant. He rarely touches AngelFire anymore, his hand hovers near, but he does not go for his blade. He speaks of harsh justice and cold judgement, but there is no mercy, nad he sacrificed his own children to the Goddess for the lives of two soldiers. Does this act in anyway redeem him? Can you defend his humanity in the face of the fact that he cost you your own children so he could wage war?

As for you being a perfect match...Victoria is a perfect match. She has all the bearing nad grace of a true Queen. With the noble birth to make her a more viable choice. But she is as cold and heartless as I have made her, and in the end, she would have destroyed the realm as surely as Jaric will if he is not stopped. No, we have one choice child, you must work with me, and we must preent him from ever gaining access to that blade. You must be the one to convince him to turn back, to see the danger, and to save the people of both realms from a fate worse than death.

<< holds out his hadn, the darkness of the room coalescing around his palm, solidifying until SoulReaver rests in his hand, pulsing with dark light.>>

And if you don;t beleive me, then by all means, deliver the blade to my brother and I will leqave you to kill him when he becomes the Demon he is rapidly turning into.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 21:52

*Angel lowered her eyes and her heart sank. She didn't want to believe what he was saying, but everything was making sense. As Vlad brought up what Jaric had done - sacrificing their child...no..he'd said children. The shock of how he might have known about the whole ordeal made Angel feel sick. Her hand remained at her mouth with the hankerchief..her mind repeated it to her again...he'd said children. Was it a mistake?

Vlad asked the question "Can you defend his humanity in the face of the fact that he cost you your own children so he could wage war?" and now she truly felt she had been punched in the gut. Her calm and stern demeanor broke, as she felt the tears in the corners of her eyes.*

"Children? There were two? I see...and how would you know all this? Hmm? What would you know?"

*Her voice trembled, but more so, she wasn't focused on the two losses, but more what Jaric had done. He had never consulted her once...but she had readily accepted his crime and forced herself to hurt privately, away from him. Blinking and exhaling, Angel relaxed her hand a little on the dagger. She didn't want to confide in Vlad, even though he was the one that strangely understood the madness of what had been going on.

However, Vlad's question remained. Could she defend his humanity anymore? Could she honestly?*

"Jaric..I trust him. He knows what he's doing, he always has."

*Was she trying to reason with herself? Angel didn't know. Taking the hankerchief and wiping her eyes, she shook her head. She desperately didn't want to believe him.*
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 22:05

<< shakes his head, looking away breifly before snapping his eyes back to her's, his eyes glowwing a baleful red as he forces past her mental walls and into her mind with the force of a batterring ram. In her head images flash and move as if outside a carriage moving at great speed. His voice is heard directly in her mind as the images of the last thousand years of Jarics downward spiral plays out in her mind.>>

" How do I know? I lived it. I have watched it all dear, in visions and dreams, in the courts of the realm, and in the number of men I have killed at the orders of a callous King in the name of the realm. You want to know more child?"

<< The images flash to Jaric in the chaple as he bargains with Winter, the lives of his own flesh and blood traded for those of his strongest soldiers>>

" And this happened after I had taken the blade, removed the demon from his presence. All of this doen to save these people. Tell me dear, which of us is the monster now?"

<< With that the world snaps back into focus around her. The baron sits comfortably as if nothing at all had happened.>>

I know more than I should dear, more than even I would wish to know sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 22:36

Angel's eyes widdened when she caught his red eyes, and she cupped her ears.

"No..I don't want to see!!!"

Her eyes closed shut, but she shook her head trying to shake off the mental attack. However, nothing could protect her from it. The visions blurred and forced her to see everything that he wanted her to. Angel found herself stepping backwards. She toppled over the vanity seat at the dresser and found herself on the floor.

It snapped her out of the visions, but by then Angel had realized that she was almost screaming, the tears falling down her face so hard and fast that it blurred her vision. She scrambled to her feet and lunged at him, yelling loudly at him to stop.

"Its not true! It can't be...I can't see anymore...I love him, he has his reasons..he must!"

He could have killed her there and then, for she had realized she was on her knee's, staring at the floor completely heartbroken. Her poor babies, sacrificed before they had the chance to grow. It took a few moments of contemplative minutes to gather her thoughts. No, he had shown her the truth.

"You're both monsters..both of you. I'm not playing your games...either of you"

Now, gathering inner strength, she rose to her feet.

"You're not a hero, Vladamir. You caused this..you set the demon out, didn't you? How can you claim my Lord Husband is responsible for it all. He was trying to help Aegis and defend it...he was trying to save them."

She shook her head.

"What do either of you want of me? I'm done."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 22:42

<< Shakes his head>>

Silly girl, I let the demon out in hopes you'd actually kill him...I had sincerely hoped your heritage would have ended his fall entirely.

As for being a hero, I have never laid claim to the title. Your interests and mine simply coincide at the moment. You wish to save the people and redemm his damned soul, and I need my people alive to furhter my own ends. Our objectives are the same, and in the end, my brother and I both get to live.

No dear, I am no hero, but you can;t help but try to be. Which is why I chose you in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 22:51

Angels' anger was begining to rise, and she clenched her fists. Had she been a lesser person, she'd have lashed out at him.

"You deliberately put me through my own personal hell - both of you, and then you expect my help???"

Her head was swimming again and she brought her hand up to swipe the annoying tears from her eyes. Angel was now angry with herself for acting like this infront of Vladamir of all people. Yet Vladamir had reached into the very depths of what had mattered to her most - that lost child, those children. Her mind flickered to the people of Aegis and Aurora, caught so innocently in the crazy Carthallion mess.

Finding another seat, she slumped into it and stared ahead. After a few minutes of quiet, she finally spoke up.

"I'm listening.."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-01, 23:02

Woman, I have put you in a position to prevent hell from coming to us. The Black Rose has been falling to the enemy for quite some time, and you presented the perfect oppurtunity to save him from that fate. So do try not to fall into the trap of self pity. I need you to act like a Queen, protect your people, no matter the cost.

Jaric will not listen to me, he can not bring himself to accept that I speak the truth no matter what I bring as evidence because he can not read my words like he does others. I am the only one who can lie to him, and it is that fact that has me facing death for the final time.

I need you to make him see what he has become. To convince him I acted in his own interests, tried to save what family I have from a fate worse than we have already sufferred, and failing that, you must take up your father's sword, and kill him before he becomes too much to stop. It may fall to you to kill the one person you would die for, and I need you to be ready for that possibility.

You must be the one to save the realm Angel, because I can not. The people have turned to you once before in this manner, and now, as their King, I would ask you to risk everything for them again.

What say you? We do not have much time before his march is noted by the idiots I govern, and once they act, Jaric will not relent for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-02, 23:34

It was hard to hear him speak, yet every word Vlad said rang out loudly in her ears. Angel almost felt the onset of a headache, her body was tense and on guard but the stress of what he was saying was clearly distressing her. Angel didn't want to believe him. Her mind was reminding her how Vladamir was a scheming bastard who did all he could to turn everyone against Jaric - but deep down she knew Jaric had been slipping. She knew she couldn't argue with the fact that he was...different, but she never understood why...now she knew.

However the suggestion of killing him was too much and she shook her head violently. "No..I can't do it..No. I won't." The feeling of being sick swayed over her body and she held the hankerchief over her mouth. She couldn't kill the man she had admired and respected...then loved above all else. No..

"There has to be another answer." She glanced up at Vlad, her eyes lost of innocence but displaying a deep hardness. Her tone remained blunt and the same, but determined none the less. "Find another way. I won't let him go.."

Another voice whispered in her mind "Protect the people...even from me." Jaric had uttered it once, but she had not taken him seriously. He WAS the protector...this wasn't how it was supposed to be. She wasn't supposed to take on this role - not like this. Angel's self-revelation made her groan outloud and she shook her head. She knew deep down that she couldn't lead the march against Aegis - not now.
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-11, 10:05

Then save his soul, or condemn us all.

If we do not stop him on this path now, we all face the rather terrifying prospect of trying to kill the man. and I for one do not wish to have my brother's blood on my hands any more than you. Murder for money is a sin, but there is a special pit in hell for the kinslayer that even I do not want to visit.

<< holds out his hand>>

Do we have an agreement?
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-02-19, 21:24

*Angel shook her head slowly, her hand sharply raising half way up as if to stop him from coming further forward.*

"One moment..wait.."

*She paused briefly, picking up the chair she had toppled over and putting it back in its place. Sitting down on it and facing Vladamir, Angel cleared her throat and thought for a second.*

"There are a few things first - If your claims are genuine, I want you to hand over the sword where it can be placed in a prision built by Alex. That way you cannot be corupted by it any more than Jaric can. Secondly, I want Aegis."

*Her eyes looked deathly serious, as she curiously awaited Vladamir's answer.*
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-03-06, 22:36

<< Straightens in his chair, a spark in his eye giving away that Angel has enterred his realm...negotiations...>>

The first I will do glady, we bind the blade as soon sa you secure Jaric's withdrawl.

As for the second. You have no right to lay claim to my realm, nor do i have the desire to simply hadn it over. No, since we both stand to lose everything should you fail to convince him of his error, I am dis-inclined to agree to that term...unless you have an offer of equal vaue for me...
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-03-06, 22:53

*Angel shook her head slightly.*

"No. Alex should have the the blade immediately -or Jaric will never believe you're genuine about handing it over."

*She exhaled deeply and prepared herself to negotiate the second matter. Aegis.*

"Very well, in exchange for Aegis, I will offer you and your family the titles and lands that were once yours. Castle Winterhaven. Should my King agree, you will then resume your previous position and work under the Auroran Banner as Baron. As you once were. Once again, this must be pending my husbands approval."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-03-06, 23:03

<< shakes his head>>

No. The blade remains with me until you suceed. otherwise I lose a major bargaining peice, and perhaps the only weapon I could use to stop him should it come to that.

Your offer for Aegis is paltry. You offer me a place as Baron, when i am currently King. Not exactly a step up for me dear. No, I think we will need to sweeten the deal, and remove the little bit about Jaric's approval. I do not hinge a deal that needs to go in effect immediately on the decision of a third party after the fact.

What you will offer is simple. Aegis will become a vasal to the Auroran throne, We retain our monarchy and function as normal, save with Auroran oversight. You will restore House Winterhaven to its rigthful place nad pardon the family for any crimes they may have comitted prior to this agreement. Further, you will pardon Bathory, her children, and myself in a similar manner. In exchange, we will provide our alotted tithe to the crown, and allow the founding of a cathedral in Aegis, as well as allowing the orphanages to continue operations within our borders.
In addition, Aurora will deed to me all of the province of Winterfell, and my holdings in the Thunderlands, irrevocably, until I should transfer the ownership to another party.

Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-03-06, 23:31

*Clearly Angel was thinking deeply and a few moments would pass by in silence between them.*

"You must trust me with it, Vladamir. You know as well as I do that words alone will not convince Jaric - thats why he must be satisfied that the blade is safe and in good hands. If you hand over the blade to Alex, you are proving that its not about the power that the blade has - but the genuine concern for your brother. Isn't that what you want, after all?"

*Her cold eyes did not leave his for a second. She contemplated the matter of Aegis, and what he was proposing to her as an alternative. Again, there was a few minutes of silence that felt like forever.*

"I found my offer quite generous considering the possibilty that Jaric could, effectively, take all of it without such bargining. I do not find it apropriate that you seem to think it reasonable that I do not include Jaric in our negotiations. How can you expect me to hide anything from him?"

*Leaning forward in her chair and crossing her legs, Angels back was straight and on high alert.*

"Lets start again. Aegis will become a vasal to the Auroran throne, you will retain your traditional rule of monarchy and function as normal, save with Auroran oversight. Very well...I will restore House Winterhaven - but I want to know what crimes you are expecting to be pardoned. I wish to know without vagueness. I could not have it on my moral conscience if I pardoned crimes so heinous that even my own lord husband is disgusted with me. I want those involved in the crimes to demonstrate pentance."

*She rested her hands into her lap and relaxed a little*

"Bathory..and her children I will pardon, along with you. I approve of the Cathedral but only on the condition that it is of the faith that I follow and not some blasphemous God of your choosing."

*Then she stopped, halfway through the negotiations.*

"I cannot confirm it all without his approval, I will not risk his displeasure and my own death on your behalf...I am happy to consider all this, but Jaric must know...because his fury will know no bounds otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime2011-03-07, 00:12

By all means then your highness, proceed downstairs and ask his permission to go ahead and negotiate with me. I am certain he will be so excited to know I am here, he may burn down the house in his enthusiasm. No, this is how we are going to do this child, so there are no mistakes made.

You are going to agree with my offer, because it makes the most sense, and gives us both what we want in the end. You get Aegis, I get to kee my money and my head. Jaric gets to keep his soul. Then you will attempt to convince my brother that you can negotiate a peaceable solution to the sword issue, one that saves his soul and the realms..the exact one we have already hammerrd out here.

Then we present the entire matter as your own initiative, and the matter comes to a close with all parties happy, the world saved, and Jaric's esteem for you increased.

As for the crimes comitted by House Winterhaven, I can tell you now that the House suffers as a whole for the actions of one member. Lady Abigail Winterhaven was convicted of treasom, murder, and the attempted assassination of your husband. She admitted to being the killer known to the people as the ShadowKnight, and for her admission her house was stripped of rank, title, and lands, and reduced to the station in which you met them. With your pardon, they will once again rejoin the nobility of Aurora as equals, and return to the honor and dignity their House deserves.

In the end, you gain territory, save the world, and redeem your favored instructor's honor. All in all, you come out ahead. My family and I are left to our own devices, and I get to retain my private wealth and holdings. All in all, a good arrangement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)   Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maire's Dress Chambers (Cont. Awaiting Another Kind of Thunder)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next