Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Awaiting another kind of Thunder.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Empty
PostSubject: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2010-12-31, 11:13

((Note: Continued from 'Judgement' in Meriddia))

{The portal would open into Rensain's main hall, and he stepped out with more haste than ever before. There would be no pause in his step.}

"Maire!"

{He called out her name a few times, and instructed a servant to find her immediately.Clearly, he was troubled and no one else would do. Sitting down in front of the hearth, he called another servant and alerted him to stand out the window and watch for the impending army.}

Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2010-12-31, 12:29

Rensains last word to her was that she was to make ready to leave their mansion. He had left presumably to find them a suitable place though she was sure that the apartments above her shop, though small, would suffice. She was in her room gathering clothing and personal items , a servent was putting them in a trunk for her. She had not told the staff but she would be giving them instructions on making their way to her property. There were buildings upon her "farm" that though not ideal would suit keeping the staff away from the marching armies, at least for now. She hadnt said anything at the moment not wanting to alarm them. When she was ready to depart she would inform.

The servent said nothing as Maire bustled around. Maire herself kept a calm demeanor, nothing out of the ordinary for her to want some things taken to Merrida. She did have her apartments and as far as the maid that waited upon her knew she was simply adding to her closets within the apartments. After all , with a husband such as Rensain , she might be called upon to be ready to dress for a important guest at a moments notice.

A servent knocked upon the door and spoke " Lady Maire, Lord Caladore wishes for you to meet him imediatly within the main sitting room" The servent gave a small bob and Maire spoke to her maid" When this trunk is full seek me out for I have a few more things to be done" The maid nodded and continued to carefully place items in the trunk, wrapping them with tissue paper.

Maire made her way quickly down the stairs. She assumed Rensain would have some news. Gliding into the room she spoke "Rensain, I shall be ready within the hour, sooner if need be" She had a child within her and no document or dress, was worth waiting beyond prudence for. She started to speak something else and then stopped before the words left her mouth. Her eyes fastened upon Rensain. She knew her lover better then anyone else and it took her only a glance to see. There was something not right and when she did speak there was a hint of worry in her voice."Rensain? What is it ?"
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-01, 19:17

Rensain says:
{The plans had incontinently changed once again, thanks to the nature of King Vladimir. His hand rubbed his temples, whilst his elbow leaned upon the chair. He was loosing patience quick, and contemplated going to find Maire rather than expecting her to come to him. >

< Finally, he heard her footsteps reach the room and even though she had not reached him yet, he could smell her sweet perfume. Dark eyes cast to the entrance and upon sight of her, he rose from the chair. Turning to the servant he said "Shut the door." and that would be it.>
< Reaching for her, he swept her in his arms and held her tight for but a few moments. He would savor this, for time running out. Holding her with a sway, he began, speaking quietly in her ear. "Jaric and his army are making their way here. I’ve been instructed to act perfectly normal. If I send you away as I had hoped, then Jaric will suspect - but I cannot abide putting you in danger." >
< He kissed along her cheek, nuzzling his head into the smoothness of her neck. "Tell me my love, what would you have me do?"

Maire says:
Maire fell into his arms though she was troubled by his manner, he was discrete as he whispered her the cause of his angst. She was relaxed within his embrace but her heart skipped a beat. This was news indeed for they were but sitting ducks to buy the kingdom time. Her fingers played with his hair as she always did in intimate snatched moments. A deep breath >>
was slowly expelled as she steeled herself and spoke” When I married you I became a Caladore, and there is no shirking duty when one bears such a noble name. " She cupped his face and spoke softly with conviction" If we are to aid the land you love by staying here then I shall be by your side and not let you face this task alone. I will not dishonor your family name by running" She let her warm >>
lips touch his tenderly as she whispered against them "For Aegis my love..." She knew that they walked a tightrope as soon as Jaric came, and it would be a dance but oh what a dance it would be~

Closing his eyes, he exhaled and remained close to her, listening to every single word she uttered. "I told Vladamir I would do it. What was I thinking?" shaking his head, he only looked at her when she cupped his face. Taking her small hand into his larger one, Rensain held it tight. >
< "Maire..my love, you mean too much to me. I cannot put you at risk in such a fashion...not in such a condition.." His shoulders visibly shrunk. She would see a more human Rensain than any had seen before. "I thought to myself...that I could send you away, but I have no where to keep you safe - not even Meriddia will do. I have seen Jaric's style, he will not stop until he has salted the land >
< after he has burnt every village." He took a deep breath. "I am proud to call you my wife, that you wish to take stand and honor my name. You are a good woman and my love for you outweighs that of the realm." With this, he turned his head and brought her gentle face towards his, lightly kissing her lips with closed eyes. >
< However, his mind was clouded, and he had to say what needed to be said. With reluctance, he pulled back a little. "Maire, if we leave, either way Jaric or Vladamir will call us traitors. Depending on who wins the war - assuming there is a war. We might be the only chance to stop whatever might happen next."

Maire says:
She knew the seriousness of the situation, Rensain and her were in danger. Just when their lives had been taking a turn, life was becoming bearable and they were enjoying fruits of their labors. Their missing son still troubled their hearts but they were not crippled by their grief. Instead they had turned that energy into a positive. They were married and things had moved along toward their >>
favor, now war... . Maire stepped from him and spoke " We do what we must Rensain, because we love Ageis. I would not wish to be parted from you in this time. Not knowing and ever waiting for that fatal word, it would be far worse for me to be away from you. Live or die, we do it together." She smiled softly to him" Without you I am nothing anyway." she straightened her shoulders and frowned>>>
"To keep them here as long as we can will not be easy. Did Vlad tell you how long he needs? If Jaric has a mission, no amount of hospitality on our part will deter him. I think this is more of a matter of war between him and his brother then the people of Ageis. Perhaps he will show mercy?" she had never met Jaric and relied on Rensain to confirm or deny her supposition.~

Rensain says:
Rensain found himself appreciating more than ever, the strength that was Maire. With all they had been through, she was still able to stand with her head held high. He knew, that despite everything that Maire would never let him down and that her loyalty was unwavering. It was ironic that she was reminding him to think of Aegis, when it had been his priority for so long. >
< With a nod, he privately agreed that this would be a bad time to part. Straightening his own back, placing a hand neatly behind it, he stood before his wife and answered her questions. "Vladamir was not specific. He has sent Jared into Everest Forest already and he took Amarra with him. I interrupted before he could kill her." His lips twitched into the faintest of smirks. >
< However, he knew that this wasn't the time to be smirking, but he was sure Maire would appreciate that her friend was safe - at least for now. "In the meantime. We are to dress and receive Jaric as we would a visiting Royal. We'll hold a feast and attempt some strange sort of joviality, which I can't imagine doing in a manner that wouldn't raise suspicion. I have >
< a few ideas on why Jaric might be displeased, but cannot pin point the exact, which rather leaves me in the dark. If his wife Angel is not with him, it might indicate that she had some sort of affair with Duke Ralean after all, and he's come to give him and the realm hell to pay...unfortunately, Jaric is not one for mercy. Less so than Bathory, as Amarra recently found out."

Maire says:
Maire shook her head " Vlad has asked us to do the impossible it seems. As far as a feast, how about we have our wedding reception. We had planned if for a future time to be sure however, you are a royal and it would be feasible that Jaric being a royal would be invited to such a thing. Decorum if Jaric would go for such things would dictate that a wedding reception should be given some >>
credence" it was not the reception that they had wanted of course but if it could prolong their lives as well as help somehow to give Aegis a fighting chance she would be more then willing to make such a sacrifice. She gave a relieved look" I am glad Amarra was spared. If Jared is with her perhaps there is some reconciliation going on there. She is a sweet girl, though perhaps she was naive"~

Rensain says:
"Maire there's no time for such. He will be here in but a day at the most, and we have to play the part as if we are surprised to see him." Rensain paused. "Although...I suppose we could pull it off, but I wouldn't want him wondering why he was not invited. Unfortunately for us, if he's determined with war, he won't give a damn about our wedding plans. He is forced to stop here, only because we>
< sit in the middle between Icehold and the Khemerian desert and he will need supplies. I'm praying he doesn’t strip us of everything."
Need to add to that, wasn't finished.))
< He paused and thought carefully. "We shall ride the wave and see where it gets us. Our plight might be better should Angel appear with him. If anyone is likely to have mercy, its her." He couldn’t stand the idea of saying such. He didn't enjoy his own fate being held in the hands of others and it clearly bothered him. He opened his arms. "Please, come and talk in my arms. I must learn to stop >
< being so formal with you.."

Maire says:
Mercy....she could almost see her husband choke on the word. The world grew a bit colder as Rensain gave forth his knowledge on the monarch that was about to descend upon them. She went into her husbands arms willingling , a bulwark against the growing scenario of desperation that they had been thrust into. "Then we shall meet our fate with courage and do our best." she held him tightly her ear >>
against his chest listening to the steadiness of his heartbeat. " I will not say that I am not afraid, for I feel as if Vladimir has asked us to put our heads in the lions mouth. " she looked up at him " but if you are by my side I would walk the very fires of hell ." she closed her eyes and laid her head back on his chest." I will make sure that from a hospitality aspect we are without >>>
reproach, however on such matters of politics or anything beyond small talk I shall leave you to that conversation. I am not versed on what things from the past or present might set Jaric off. If he thinks that I am but a simple woman content with keeping house then so be it. Better that then a slip that might cause his ire to raise even higher then it is "~

Rensain ached to feel her close, and as he leaned his head into her shoulder, he never appreciated more than now how it brought him a sense of comfort that none other could match. His arms kept at her tiny waist, locking at the small of her spine. "Truthfully, I've never felt so unprepared...but we will handle this, meet our fate as you say." >
< Raising his hand, he caressed along her beautiful and flawless cheek. "It seems you have stated our only option. If we are lucky he will just pass us by, or decide that Vladamir is the only one he is discontent with, and leave us well enough alone. This will be difficult, I know neither of us have gotten along with the god awful Angel girl let alone Jaric himself. However, we do have our own >
< military if things go awry on a larger scale. I have my army, and I am not without my own tricks, as you know." In his head, he mulled it over and exhaled deeply. "If you could inform the house staff not to panic, they will be more than looked after." and with this, he raised his hands to stroke her preciously ebon silk hair, letting the strands fall between his fingers. >
< "I cannot talk more of this. What will be, will be. Let us enjoy what little time we do have together."

Maire says:
She lifted her head and nodded” Very well, have you seen the solarium yet? It is finished however I have planted nothing. Care to take a stroll? It is beautiful even though nothing grows yet." she was quite proud of it and in all the things that had gone on she hadn’t gotten a chance to show Rensain. He had much on his mind when he came home. She had hoped to surprise him with plants growing but>>
perhaps this was just the distraction they needed. "I put in a few surprises to make it more then just a greenhouse" She took his hand and laced her fingers with his and teased” Although I am afraid you shall find no silks and fine linens in my garden, roughing it might do you a bit of good" her eyes twinkled with mischief, trying to lighten his somber mood~

Rensain says:
"The solarium?" He repeated with an eyebrow raised and a chuckle. "My love, I barely know my own home outside of that wretched office." He broke away and offered his arm for her to take. "How can I refuse such an invite? Let us take a look." He followed along, rather impressed and squeezed her hand as he locked it with hers. >
< "There are no silks nor lace? My goodness, are we to walk and discuss botanic naked?" He chuckled once again, his own dark eyes seeming more alive than they had been of late. "You might be surprised to hear I'm very good at 'roughing it' " with this, he winked. Yes, this would be a welcomed distraction indeed. Passing another servant he >
< paused them. "Unless its Jaric's arrival, we are not to be disturbed." Once more, he turned his full attention to his wife. She was certainly excellent at keeping him entertained.

Maire says:
They passed through the house and through Maires formal sitting room a pair of large French doors had been built in. Through the sparkling panes of glass Rensain would see a glimpse of what waited beyond the doors. There was no green to be seen as of yet however as Maire opened the door the sound of water could be heard. In front of them was a large tiled patio of sorts. Each tile had been >>
fitted together like a mosaic of stained glass. The pattern was ivy and leaves twisting and intersecting among white and red roses. To the left where the sound of water could be heard was a fountain, simple, it was of a white marble maiden with water streaming out of her water vessel and splashing in the pool below. To the right a naked arbor. Maire pointed out" I plan to have white and red >>
roses growing there, it shall be very fragrant once they are in full bloom." she seemed alive as she watched him take in the gardens” There is more to see however"

Rensain says:
It was only now, when Rensain realized that he might loose it all, did he truly appreciate the beauty of his home. He felt selfish, to never sit and wonder enough about what Maire had been doing whilst he had been absent.>

< "My Gods, Maire!!" Rensain was delighted, and baffled that somehow she had managed to arrange such a design. Almost, he was speechless and approached the fountain "Remarkable!" he turned and looked into the pool, then looked up as she said there was more. "More? Well then, my dear, lead the way!" He brought himself around so that he could take her arm once again. "Truly, your tastes are divine"

Maire says:
She laughed and then gave a wink” They are indeed for I wanted you from the moment I saw you " she drew him further inward. She had designed the paths with the same tile work and as they walked he would see large planters devoid of soil for now and beds that were being groomed to plant. They walked through another arbor and a cabana had been erected though it was empty. She explained" I thought >>
that here would be the perfect place to have small intimate dinners. I could decorate depending on the occasion. "She waved her hand toward the right" Over there a reflecting and meditation pool ." There were some twig bound chairs, simple and fitting for this environment. " In anticipation of children (sorry about that) I have a swing" she brought him over to the left and a swing on a frame>>
was nestled inside another arbor. It had a back and arms and was plenty for two or three people. She drew him to it and sat patting the seat beside her.” There is room in the cabana for a few musicians if we wanted ...but I thought besides children that this could be a restful spot" >>
Once seated she would push the swing with her tiny feet and begin the motion which seemed soothing, as the water tinkled in the front of the solarium~

Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-03, 20:05

Rensain says:
Rather alike in their ways, Maire knew what she wanted as much as he did. This was one of the reasons Rensain held such a high attraction to her. In his own mind, she was fit to be a Queen, with her grace and elegance that out matched Bathory's ten times over. >
< Her laugh was contagious, and he found himself laughing along with her. For all the dire darkness that was his workplace, the palace - Maire was the only fitting respite that he needed from his home. It was in these precious moments that he was able to forget the politics of Aegis, and simply be a man. >

<"Let us have dinner out here this evening, its simply amazing. Truly Maire, I could live here alone." He was pleased with her work indeed. Leaning his head towards hers, he affectionately kissed her forehead. "..The "children" will be excited to have such an area to play and relax." His hand moved to her stomach with affection, his head nuzzled close to hers. "...I sense two of them.." he >
< smirked, indicating twins. He wondered if Maire shared his suspicions.

Maire says:
" It will be so much better when there are trees, roses and other plants. I have seedlings ready to be transported here from my gardens in Merridia." she was very pleased he liked this oasis she had created. They had such a lovely time in the forest but it was not always convient to set up a tent there. The stress of what they were going to face was pushed to the back of her mind as she reveled >>
in just being with him. "Dinner sounds wonderful. I had hoped to have many dinners here ...private and with friends." They had become quite sociable as of late and she loved being a hostess. She rested her delicate hand over his as he placed it on her stomach and with surprise laughed merrily." Indeed I was thinking the same thing . I had planned to ask what you had sensed but it seems that you>>
were a step ahead of me" she inhaled deeply. She loved how he smelled and though she didn’t admit it she often when he was gone would curl up with a shirt of his while sipping tea and watching the rain. Love like this came once in a lifetime and she cherished each second. "I will see a midwife as time allows. Things have slowed down for me as the growing season is not for another few months when >>
spring comes" she moved her fingers over his and leaned back as the swing swayed them both back and forth. " Perhaps I should build a place in which we could come and sleep out here. All the positives of being outside, stars, sound of water, smell of earth...without the negatives"~

Rensain says:
He liked her plans for the future and contemplated them silently for a few moments. "I hope we are able to see your plans come to light. By tomorrow night, I pray we still have a home at all." He shook his head, not wishing to dampen the mood, but how could one forget entirely how with a foul swoop, all his hard work would be taken from him. "I'm sure we will have many more dinners here. When >
< Jaric arrives, I plan to talk to him privately in my study. Mayhap you could bring the Lady Angel here? She might enjoy the design as much as I have, and you have indeed always made the most excellent of hostesses." He glanced down to her stomach and thought about the small lives within, a pleased smile raised with a determined nod. "See the midwife often, I want to be sure you are safe." >
< He would not play games with her, childbirth concerned him greatly, even if he did not come out and directly tell her so. "I hope to feel them kick, I am impatient for it.." he smiled once more, leaning back into the swing whilst it moved. "...and yes, a place to sleep here would make this area perfect. I am in love with the idea already."

Maire says:
She chuckled” I think I could suggest living without clothes and singing tavern songs in our main hall when guests came and you would be in love with the idea if it came from me" she leaned up and kissed his cheek tenderly" you do indulge me far too much but I shall not complain" She lifted her feet as the swing laid them back ."Two indeed will be quite interesting. The kicking with one often >>
kept me awake. I know what to expect now of motherhood. I must confess I indulged Marcus because I didn’t know better. Being a new mother was quite daunting. I think I have learned many lessons and I am looking forward to the sound of childrens laughter once again" she looked around." I shall get the furniture needed out here and shall ask Angel if she would wish to have tea and sup. I do not >>
think she likes me much however, so I hold no high expectations we could become fast friends but I shall do my best . She has grown from a young girl as well and sometimes the ideals of youth are tempered by the wisdom of age"~

Rensain says:
Her jest about how he agreed with her suggestions made him shake his head with a chuckle. "Perhaps, perhaps. I have yet to catch you out with a bad idea, you should be flattered." He caught her kiss on the cheek, then turned his head fully so that their lips should meet briefly once again. "I know I complained that you spoilt Marcus. My own upbringing was so very different.." >
< He paused briefly and exhaled. "I should never have commented on such, you're an excellent mother and you will be again." His thumb stroked along her stomach with affection and he nodded when she spoke of attempting to friend Angel. "Its an unusual situation, one I regret getting you involved in. However, I have every faith in you...befriend the Queen momentarily and it may work in favor should>
< Vladamir fall from the throne...and right now, the circumstances do not look good for Aegis. If General Ralean has deserted his military post, we are without a suitable General to lead the already tired troops into battle. Maire..we're possibly out numbered in military arms. I have looked through it all...this realm cannot finance another war...its all so ridiculous, a war I know no reason to >
< start in the first place."

Maire says:
" I do not understand it either. The declaration of war was not given and as far as I know there has been no politics or disputes that should warrant a attack. It has to be something personal and it is the people that will be pawns and asked to lay down their lives for this. It is a waste" she sighed" I hold no great hope that we can get the King and Queen to see this. It should be Vladimir and>>
Bathory that meet them and try to dissuade them for the sake of the innocents. " she looked to him and gave a sad smile” You are many things beloved, but one thing I think that everyone has underestimated you in is your love for Aegis. All your conniving hasn’t just been for your gain, but to put you in a better position to help the country that you love so much" A servant could be heard opening the >>
doors in the distance and made her way to the couple" Lady I have finished your packing you said to seek you out" Maire nodded” Tell the cook we shall have our supper out here and after such I wish to have a meeting with all the staff including those that work the gardens and the stables" The maid gave a curtsey and left the Lord and Lady to their privacy once again ~

Rensain says:
Rensain could only agree with his wife on the matter of war. It was a waste, and indeed, he had hoped Vladamir and Bathory would have stepped into their roles and taken up responsibility. Instead, they had acted as children might when caught by parents. Watching her sad smile, he too gave one of his own. "I am tired of loving this realm, Maire. I fought for it because it was the only link left >

Maire says:
She wanted to comfort him and to tell him that it would be alright in the end. She knew however that to act as if all this could magically be fixed was foolish. Things were grave and they both knew it but the burden upon her husband weighed him down. She did what she could however” After all that has happened you are still here and you have never given into the idea that things had to remain the >>
same. Perhaps this is the catalyst that will finally change things within Aegis. You have not left and you are one of the few that would care to build things up and make it better. If Jaric lays waste to Aegis, you will be needed more then ever. Vladimir has never appreciated you the way he should have, maybe your surviving all the politics has been for this moment" she leaned upon him "Whatever>>
the future holds I have never been prouder of you then I am right now" she gave another kick to the swing and let it cradle them back and forth as she hummed softly, just enjoying the feel of freedom from gravity if only for a moment~

Rensain says:
Her words had Rensain transfixed and he allowed a thoughtful silence to swirl until Maire had finally finished. Just resting, he savored how she leaned on him, and breathed in her scent. >
< Eventually, he said "Hmm.." and let the swing go back and forth a few times. "You bewitch me with your words, dear. Your love and support throughout has always allowed me to see the best, even in a situation such as this. Yes, you are right. This change might be what’s needed for Aegis to shift into better times. Perhaps I have been looking at it all wrong. Vladamir may not have appreciated me, >
< but through his generosity, he has given me this home and I am more revered than I have ever been. I've been happy and settled - for the first time ever I didn't think I needed the throne."

Maire says:
Dinner arrived and was set upon a table. Two chairs were quickly placed and Maire nodded and spoke” That is all" she wished to have no servants waiting on them while they ate, wanting to hold fiercely to the private moment she and her husband were sharing. She stood and offered the bottle of wine to Rensain to open it. She then began dishing up rich pot roast and potatoes>>
simple food but she had been craving it. She apologized" I am sorry but the menu was adjusted for my tastes. I have been craving roasted meat and potatoes. Also oranges and the poor cook has been going out of her mind because they are not readily available this time of year" she chuckled” I shall make sure the menu while our guests are here don’t reflect the odd cravings of a pregnant woman...just >>
in case you were wondering" She gave him a wink and sat in the chair the succulent smell making her mouth water~

Rensain says:
He could smell the food as it arrived and the tables were set up. Rising to his own feet, he made his way over to the arrangement. "Mm, its just what I wanted to eat." and he offered her a smile. "My dear, do not apologize. You are the wife of one of the most powerful men in the realm. If you desire pot roasts, then so be it." He pulled out the seat for her first and when ready, helped himself >
< to a plate, and also sat down. He began to enjoy the food, and after a few bites, he suddenly laughed, remembering something. "I forgot to open the wine. Dear god!" and with this, he got up from the table and moved to the place where he had left it. Bringing the bottle back, he found the cork opener and carefully opened the bottle. >
< Reaching out to her glass, he poured Maire half, then himself. "If this wine is too good, we shall be nursing Hangovers by the time Jaric arrives." This thought alone made him smirk.

Maire says:
She lifted a forkful and nodded "I must admit I do not know what might please them. Do they drink wine? Are they offended by servants...Amarra had been there and I wish I could question her on their likes and dislikes. It might make things easier. Have you ever been to Icehold? " She wondered if he had traveled there, before they met , if he remembered anything at all it might give her some sort>>
reference. The food was good and satisfied the cravings she had been experiencing. The servants had lit lanterns so there was a soft glow as the sun dipped below the horizon. The ceiling was glass and so if there were stars they would be able to see them. It was a perfect setting indeed, and even
with the seriousness of the conversation it was still light and easy.~

Rensain says:
After eating some more, he pounded on Maire's question. "I have never known Jaric to drink wine..but we shall offer it anyway for the sake of appearances. To be honest my dear, I've never been to Icehold and I couldn't say what they do or do not like. We'll offer something familiar, that Lady Angel might prefer."
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-04, 13:21

{{ Jaric alls the men to a hault some distance from the proper grounds of the small palace that is the only inhabitted teritory of the Thunderlands. With a silent command the troops spread out to encircle the encampment, the preists and battle mages among them casting their warding spells to prevent magic from allowing anyone inside from making an easy exit past the assembled soldiers.

Once preparations are set, he motions his honor guard forward, making their way openly and deliberately toward Rensain's front door. }}

The first sign of an ambush,burn it to the ground. Do not give the elf a chance to use his magic. We resupply here and sercure the chataeau as a base of operations to tend the wounded as we move forward, we will advance the camp as we claim more ground. Angel, you will remain here with suffcient troops to hold the area. We will also leave the preists necessary to sanctify the grounds as protection against the baron's assassins.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-05, 23:46

*Angel, wrapped in the thickest furs approached Jaric on her own horse. The weather of the Thunderlands was beginning to give her a headache, and she longed to be inside and out of the cold. Carefully, Angel listened to her husband and the commands he gave. With a determined nod, she dismounted and followed Jaric to the big main doors of the mansion.

In a moment, she had a flash to her past and how Vlad had kept her here in this very house. She remembered well all the different rooms, and how she had to serve Bathory tea once. It had been a daunting expeience. Now everything was different. It was hard to believe that this big and luxurious home belonged to Rensain and his wife -least, until Jaric decided he wanted it.

Privately, Angel prayed that at the very least, they could be civil with Rensain and Maire. It had been a long time since she had seen either people, and she wanted everything to remain as peaceful as possible.*

"I am happy to stay here, My Lord. I'll hold the troops."
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-06, 09:41

{{ On reaching the main entrance to the chateau Jaric gives the silent order for his men to make camp in the courtyard, the Twins moving ahead of him as he dismounts and heads for the front door. They stop as his guards wrap smartly on the door, their gauntlets leaving a large mark in the painted wood.

They return to their positions beside the King as the collective group waits for their "host" to open the door.}}
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-06, 10:57

A servant opened the door for Jaric and Angel. She had no idea who the two were at all but was daunted at the obvious activity behind the two. Never had any guest come with such a contingent. She bowed and spoke " Welcome to Lord and Lady Caladores home, please come in and they shall be sent with right away." The servant wasnt sure how many would be coming in and kept the door opened allowing them to enter. She would offer to take their coats as another maid ran to the solarium where the Lord and Lady were having dinner.

Maire though not serving a diety anymore knew when divine magics were being used. She didnt know who or what they were exactly doing as she wasnt tuned into the divine anymore . It had to be Jaric for as little as she knew about him, she did know that he served a deity. She paled for a moment, not out of fear but out of the want to have Rensain for herself just for a little longer. Rensain hadnt expected them till tomorrow but nothing was within their control.

A moment later a servant came in and apologized" I know you were not to be disturbed Lord Caladore, you have guests and they are being ushered into your front hall "

Maire put her fork down and quickly dabbed the linen napkin to her lips. Standing she straightened her dress and took Rensains arm"It has begun,let us hope that we can avert as much lifetaking as we can. And remember dont let Jaric bait you, remember our purpose" she kissed him tenderly" I love you dark one, shall we meet our destiny?" she smiled her trepidation hidden deep within.

(going to give Rensain a bit to post will try to email him)
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-06, 12:04

{Rensain looked up from his dinner plate as the servant entered and knew immediately what she was going to say. It was the grim expression upon her face. His smile fell, and he nodded calmly to her as she confirmed his suspicions.}

"Very well. Run ahead and tell Lord Jaric I will be there immediately, explain the only delay is that I am escorting my pregnant wife to the room."

{With this, he let her leave, rising from the table and pulling his own napkin to wipe his face. Rensain took a look at himself and carefully brushed his clothes down. Ready or not, it didn't matter. Maires' words raised a smile upon his lips. They would face their destiny together.}

"Trust, my love, I will do everything in my power to allow this whole matter to go away smoothly. If it cannot be, then I will die knowing I did my best."

{Then, deeply exhaling, he allowed her arm to loop his. There was a brief pause until, with his hand, he delicately cupped her chin and returned her sweet kiss, his lips lingering upon hers for some time. Rensain quietly spoke close to her face, tenderly, as if he could not bare to let her go.}

"I love you also, my sweet. Stay brave and I will protect you with everything I have. Know that there is no force in this kingdom that will ever keep me from you."

{He forced himself to break away from her and it was almost too difficult. Finally, he straightened his back and turned, walking towards the doors - and the fate of the Black Rose (Jaric Carthallion). }
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-06, 12:57

*She stepped into the house and her smaller frame that stood next to Jaric's was almost laughable in height. Perhaps they looked the odd combination, her blonde hair whipping through her fur hat and those blue eyes that looked excited to be there. She was always full of hope and faith, which many would have lost years ago. However, on this day, her eyes although blue and usually innocent, held a note of seriousness.

Looking around, Angel smiled faintly and allowed herself to be lead into the Great Hall. Her footsteps rang out in the corridor as did those of their entourage. She looked up to Jaric and talked whilst they walked.*

"I have always thought this was a beautiful home, Jaric..if nothing else, your brother has an excellent sense of style."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-08, 14:15

The servant had nodded and hurried back while Maire and Rensain made their way to the great hall. The servant relayed Rensains message and then moved to the side sure that the Lady would have instructions for the comfort of their guests when she arrived.

Maire and Rensain appeared only a minute or so behind the servant. Maire used to greeting guests smiled warmly and welcomingly as she gave a bow of her head" Your majesties, welcome to our estate" She slid her arm from Rensains and spoke"I am sorry were werent here to greet you as you entered. We did not expect company this evening. " It was all true, they had expected Jaric sometime the next evening. "Please come and warm yourselves by the fire. Might I offer some tea or perhaps you would prefer wine? If you are hungry we can have something brought to you straightaway as well. We just finished our own dinner but it would be no trouble"

Her dark eyes showed nothing but warmth, the Lady greeted all their guests the same and though she knew the reason that Jaric and Angel were here, they were guests and she was determined that no fault be found with her hospitality. "Lady Angel you must be weary, I am sure we are the first civilization since you left Icehold. If you wish to freshen up I can show you to a room where you can do so if it would please you"Angel looked nothing of the girl that Maire had met years ago. Time had a way of changing ones perspective and she wondered how much Angel had changed. Ruling a kingdom could put a heavy burden on even the most stout of spirits. For now however Maire could discern nothing from the Queen, nor was this the time to do a indepth analysis.

Maires pose was relaxed and casual , she had long learned a inner meditation and she employed it at this time. She could not let anxiousness taint her for she had two tiny lives within that needed her to be calm. She awaited her guests wishes without any clue to knowing the situation she and Rensain found themselves . They were walking the edge of a knife.....
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-09, 19:57

{{ Jaric follows the servant into the hall, the sound of steel echoing in the room as he and his guard cross the polished marble floors. The black of their armor a distinct contrast to the white stone that Vladamir had found so appealing.

On hearing Angel speak regarding the home he nods}}

A nest of vipers in a rose garden is no less dangerous for the beauty of their home. His appearance is a tool to disarm the unwary.

{{ As Lady Maire arrives Jaric follows to the main hall, taking a place with his back tpo the fire as his guards take up flanking positions to either side. }}

Thank you for the offer madame, but we require no refreshment, only the presence of Lord Rensain, we have matters to discuss that do not require the presence of ladies.

{{ As she speaks to Angel he sends her a ML: " You may go with her, but be prepared for anything, this is, first and foremost the Baron's domain. We can not trust the intentions of any of his servants."

His eyes lock on Rensain, his expression as cold and blank as the stones they stand on.}}
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-12, 07:47

{With his head held high and Maire on his arm, Rensain made his way calmly to the Main Hall. His ears could already catch some chatter - Angel's voice, and that of Jaric's, but he pretended not to hear a word of it. As always, Rensain was determined to play the perfect host alongside of his beautiful wife.

He offered a smile and nodded at Maire's invitation to Angel. Watching Maire leave his arm, he found it appropriate enough to pay respects.}

"Lord Jaric...."

{With a respectful nod of his head, he turned his form towards Angel.}

"My Lady Angel...."

{Once again, he performed a semi-formal bow out of respects.}

"How interesting that we all find ourselves here this evening? Please, we want you to feel welcome and settled. A meal and some warmth might aid you on your travels. Tonight we are celebrating, you see - My wife and I are expecting twins."

{He paused at Jaric's displayed wishes of privacy and nodded in understanding.}

"Very well.."

{He turned partially to Maire.}

"Perhaps the Lady Angel might delight in what you have shown me this evening, my dear - the new Solarium?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-12, 22:59

Maire caught Angel's attention first, inviting her to freshen up and so she smiled politely. "How good of you to ask, Lady Maire. I think I would welcome a nice clean washcloth and a change of clothes..."

Taking off her fur hat to reveal shortened hair. It strangely made a big difference in the way Angel looked. Her blonde tousles were now cropped straight at the shoulder and certainly brought an appearence of maturity and harshness. Clearly, from the past to now, she had seen too much for such young eyes and her soul conveyed it, even though she smiled with sincerity. Jaric had turned down the offer of a meal, and she gently tilted her head in his direction with a smile.
"I see no harm in pausing for some food and drink, Jaric. Its been so long since I have spoken to the Lord and Lady Caladore that I'd very much like to catch up."

Angel returned the ML to Jaric "Please, Jaric..I'd like a few more moments with you before you must continue on your journey. What harm will it cause you to stay just a little longer?" Looking back to Rensain, she inclined her head politely to acknowledge him as he had acknowledged her.

"My Lord Rensain, it has been such a long time since I have last seen you. You certainly look happier, the Lady Maire must be having quite the effect." She paused, and upon hearing that the couple were expecting twins, nodded with a warm delighted smile. "Well now, that is wonderful news indeed. Children are always such a blessing, are they not?"

Angel glanced to Jaric "Isn't that good news, Jaric? It seems everyone has been blessed with children of late..." her voice trailed off, as she wondered if she had said too much.
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-13, 08:37

{{ As he listens to the gatherred company speak he sends out ML orders to his troops to prepare for a longer than planned stay.}}

Very well, since we have unexpectedly intruded on your celebrations, and you have been gracious enough to include us, we would be more han happy to share your table Lord Rensain.

I wish you both congratulations on the coming children. Which reminds me, where is your son this evening Rensain?
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-14, 09:03

{He specifically addressed the Auroran King.}

"Excellent..then perhaps the ladies may freshen up whilst my staff caters the food and dining arrangements? Had we known you were coming this evening, we would have had it all prepared in advance so once again, we appologize. In the meantime Lord Jaric, we can sit and talk privately. As kind as Lady Angel is, I understand all too well the urgency of state business."

{He approached the elegant silk sofa seats opposite the hearth and invited Jaric to sit, knowing full well he wouldn't.}
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-14, 11:28

Last edited by Maire Caladore on 2011-01-17, 10:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-15, 12:34

*Angel nodded at the suggestion of freshing up and began to walk slowly towards the exit with Maire. However, the conversation took a surprising turn and caused her to pause in her step. With a small frown at Jaric's mention of Rensain's son - and Maire's revelation that they did not know where he was, she turned around and stepped back into the room.*

"I know where he is."

*Her eyes averted to everyone else, whilst she thought on it more. Her voice raised as she spoke.*

"He was the little boy with my neice and nephew, yes? Claudia and Xavier? I know this because I was awaiting their arrival in Icehold, and they were travelling by carriage - however, before they reached us there, the Dracolich Chaaran swooped the carriage from the air and took it.......I'm presuming...to SoulReaver's old home? Does that place have a name, Jaric? Its' where Chaaran lives I assume."

*She waited, looking from Maire to Rensain.*

"He popped his head out the window to see what was going on. I knew it wasn't Xavier."

*Inhaling, she was well aware that the gentlemen had business to discuss, but to Angel, this was important information also.*

"Forgive me, Lady Maire. I will come with you in but a moment - I thought you ought to know. I'm sure it was Marcus."

((OOC: Sorry I disregarded the rest of your action Maire where you take Angel upstairs, however, I just wanted to add this and wait for everyone's reply before Angel leaves the room))
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-16, 12:59

{{ As Renny sits Jaric waves off the offer of a seat}}

Thank you, but I have been sitting awhile already, I will remain standing.

{{ As Angel stops in the door and speaks Jaric's lips drop into a slight frown, not immediately happy that Angel has given away information that could have been used to their advantage had Rensain been left in the dark, }}

I would ask if you were certain if I did not already know the truth of your words my dear. I had hoped that the Baron would have orderred his beast to return the boy already, it seems he has not, a shame.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-17, 00:37

{If Rensain had felt any emotion, none would have seen it. He sat down and leaned on the arm of his chair, with his eyes focused upon the Queen of Aurora as she came rushing back in to speak. Poor child, she clearly thought she had done the right thing by helping, and Jaric's sour reaction had left him in stunned silence for but a few moments. Eventually, he cleared his throat and leaned forward.}

"Many thanks for your information, Lady Angel...the Baron had informed me that the carriage had left with Chaaran, but the trail went dead from there."

{He'd make no mention of Jaric's comment of Vladamir, it simply wouldn't have been wise. }

"I'm sure your brother - the King of Aegis, has his reasons for all he does, Lord Jaric."

{And with this, he returned his gaze to Angel and Maire.}

"Ladies.. please, if you'll be so kind as to get ready for dinner. I'm sure it will be prepared soon enough."

{He wanted them safely out of the room and would wait until they had done so before turning back to Jaric.}

"I remember a King...Lord Jaric, who was the best General Aegis had ever seen...and one day, when that realm fell to darkness - you lead the charge and gave me full support to rule based on my true linage. You were the only...and I mean ONLY voice of reason that this realm had - and has ever had."

{He stood up and walked up to the hearth, turning to face the tall Warlord. He was serious and sincere, his tone respectful and honest.}

"What has happened....why your mood has been swayed, I do not know - nor need to know. But what I have to stress and beg of you, is that you understand that this is the same realm you have helped defend time and time again. That the people of this realm wish no ill towards you. They...cannot defend themselves against you when all they had was you to defend them against everything else."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-17, 10:48

Maire remained motionless as Angel revealed her information. She stood very still holding back any emotion as Jaric and then Rensain spoke. Inside she was a in turmoil however she took her cue from her husband and simply listened. She wasnt involved in politic as the other three were but she knew how to behave especially when given information that was close to the heart. She had probably revealed too much at her sign of grief when the mention of Marcus came up in the first place.

How she wished to speak to Rensain about this but she simply swallowed lightly and then ushered Angel out of the room.

Maire nodded to the servant "Set the dining room for four. Notify Lord Caladore when you are ready" The servant scurried off to the kitchens where the cook was put in a flurry to try to accomadate important guests at a moments notice. Maire had full confidence in her staff however and knew that the dinner would be lovely.

At the mention of her son a wave of grief passed over her eyes but she quickly hid it as she spoke softly without tremor in her voice" He is not here at this time" she didnt wish to sound as if she was trying to get sympathy so she left it for Rensain to elaborate if he wished with Jaric. She cleared her throat and then smiled " Please Lady, I will let you use my chambers. The guest chambers surely are not warm as the fires have not been lit. I assure you that they will be toasty if you should wish to spend the night."

Maire remained motionless as Angel revealed her information. She stood very still holding back any emotion as Jaric and then Rensain spoke. Inside she was a in turmoil however she took her cue from her husband and simply listened. She wasnt involved in politic as the other three were but she knew how to behave especially when given information that was close to the heart. She had probably revealed too much at her sign of grief when the mention of Marcus came up in the first place.

How she wished to speak to Rensain about this but she simply swallowed lightly and then ushered Angel out of the room.

She gave a incline of her head to her husband and to Jaric leaving them she ushered Angel out of the room and up the stairs to the family wing. She spoke reguarding Angels statement about the Caladores not being the only ones she knew of having a upcoming birth" I hope the kingdoms will be blessed with new life. There is nothing sweeter then a childs innocence and hope. The world can be harsh but children do give us reason to hope that it will be a better place." she walked them past tasteful paintings that reflected her elegant simplicity. Rugs laid along the length of the hall hushed their footsteps, as flames from the lamps flickered against tapestrys on the walls." I must say that the Thunderlands does not lend itself to green and live things. I have tried to decorate to compensate for my love of growing. Earthtones give one a sense of serenity" It was all smalltalk while they reached Maires dressing chambers.

Her chambers were off of the master bedroom and gave her a very feminine place to dress, drink a cup of tea in solitude or read. A chaise sat near the window and a small table and two chairs were nestled in the corner. A large gilded mirror hung on the wall above the oak dressing table.
Upon it fresh linens and just as they were entering a servent bobbed and excused herself to fill the porcelin bowl that rested on the dressing table. A scent of lemons and lavender rose with the steam. The servent left the remaining water in the pitcher and left closing the door behind.

Maire invited her guest to sit at the dressing table whose top was adorned with a array of pins and small bottles containing the scents that Maire loved to create. The fire crackled merrily and showed the glint of a silverbacked brush and comb near the mirror" I can leave if you wish some privacy or I can keep you company. Sometimes one can weary of hearing only men" she smiled and awaited the Ladys pleasure.

added to the post to make it current with the conversation))
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-19, 22:55

I've continued Maire and Angel's conversation in another thread to keep it tidy. Please find it here:

Maires Dressing Chambers
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-22, 01:37

{{ nods to the ladies as they leave the room. when Renny speaks he stands quietly in front fo the fire polace, watching the flames dance. Stretching out his palm to the flames he watches as those that ner his hands darken in color, fading from the warm red glow, to a cold, pale blue.}}

I have no ill will for the people of Aegis Lord Rensain. Nor do I hold any ill will toward you and your's. As for my issues with his Highness, your King, Itis a matter best discussed between us in person, thus the reason for our procession toward the capital.

{{ turns from the fire to face Renny}}

Those who wish me no ill have no reason to fear my anger, and those who are wise, will never be forced to see what happens to those I would see as my enemy.

Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-22, 02:09

{He nodded and allowed the silence to decend after Jaric had spoken.}

"Your Highness..please understand my position. If I let you leave here...the people of Aegis will be distraught that you seemingly turned against us. It will look that way and they will see the troops and think that they know the truth - that the General that they loved so dearly turned against them. The common folk will not understand that you have no ill will against them and some will die for their misunderstanding, especially when they attempt to do is protect what little lands they have gained since the past wars that - you - yes you, M'Lord, defended.

All they will see is a marching Auroran army. The King of Aegis, although your brother, he does not care for others in his own greater schemes and both of us know this. I, however, do not have such luxuries. The people of this realm were the responsibilty of my family for centuries...regardless of my own lowered station now, I cannot give up my loyalty to them.

So now I ask...these people have been through enough and this realm cannot suffer anymore. Please, I beg of you to reconsider your cause.."

{He paused briefly, as if he had to contemplate his next words, which he truely did.}

"Lord Jaric...If I may - although I cannot say I know you personally...your past actions have never caused you to be so drastic. In this case, I fear for what Vladamir might have done to insult you so sharply...and can only express thanks that you understand that those who are subjects underneath him, have done nothing but obey protocol and respect the Royalty of this realm..regardless of whom it is."
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime2011-01-25, 21:11

{{ raises an eyebrow at Renny}}

You beleive that the people of Aegis will begrudge me the small retinue I travel to see my brother with? I hardly think they will be as upset as you beleive by my small escort, especially since I must traverse the more hostile areas of this land in order to reach the capital.

While you worry for a seemingly foolish misunderstanding among the peasntry I am afraid you are ignorant of matters that should concern you more directly. It seems that, given your ties to the realm, it would be only courtesy to inform you of my reason for travelling to see your King.

{{ crosses his arms behind his back, }}

The blade housing SoulReaver has been stolen from IceHold. The demon is once more free in the realm. The taking of your son and the children of the BAron leads me to beleive that the Demon has already struck the first blow. Unfortunately, I can not be certain who has fallen to the beast's whispers, and given the ties Bathory has had to the enemy, she can not be trust to recieve this information via falcon.

If my coming puts fear into your peasants, then so be it, they will be prepared then when the demon comes for their children.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awaiting another kind of Thunder.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next