Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Empty
PostSubject: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2011-10-01, 11:30

Continued:
Another Kind of Thunder

Maire's last post:

Quote :
Maire had been relieved when Angel emmerged and they made their way downstairs. She smiled to Rensain , the man who knew her better then any other. It was a dangerous game for he could read her like the back of his hand.

She veiled her gaze and avoided his eyes for now as she took his hand. Her voice as smooth as velvet "I think your offspring are insaitable in their hunger" she said lightly glad that they would have dinner to distract them. The tension he would assume was because of the precarious situation they found themselves in.

The rest she would deftly avoid to the best of her ability. Jaric was dangerous and should he catch one errant comment then all could crumble like a house of cards. She prayed that even if Rensain might suspect something he would not reveal her hand.

As the hostess she spoke "Let us all gather and see what delights await us then shall we?"

He returned a smile to the one that his wife had granted him and waited patiently for her to answer. As she came down the stairs, his eyes couldn't help but wonder down and admire her form. One thing Rensain took deep pride in, was how beautiful his wife was - and now, pregnant she was glowing. It suited her, he mused to himself.

Clearing his throat and nodding, he went along with Maire's suggestion to move into the dining hall, and promptly took her arm in his own. "Absolutely, my dear. We have excellent staff, so there will be plenty of delights to snack on."

He gestured for everyone to follow him through, and guided his guests through the corridor to the double doors that would be the main dining hall. A long and massive table was set, candles were alight, and silverware polished and perfectly set. The scene certainly looked fit for a King.

Turning to Jaric and Angel, he grinned. "Whilst its humble compared to your own holdings, I hope you find the room suitable enough for this evening. " Inviting them in to sit, Rensain guided Maire to her seat.
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2011-10-02, 23:44

{{ Jaric moves to the table, pulling Angel's chair out for her to sit as Rensain speaks regarding the room and the preparations that his servants have made. With no sign of being even remotely impressed he takes his seat.}}

Such grandeur and extravagance is wasted on us I am afraid. In our realm, the expenditure of so much food and money on such a simple affair as supper would be seen as an indication of greed. No, it would be far better to spend such wealth on a more noble cause, like the care of those women and children left bereft of home and family in the last war this realm faced.

It would be a noble act indeed if one so well off as to afford such a well appointed dining hall would see fit to liquidate some of these assets and donate the procedes to a worhty cause, such as the charities and orphanages operated by the church. Such an act would ensure the freindship of the Auroran people to such a noble and generous lord...

{{ Jaric's tone remains even and he does not look directly at Rensain at any time while he speaks, simply taking a seat next to his wife and summoning one of his personal guards into the room.}}
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2011-12-23, 20:36

*Angel listened with interest, moving to her seat whilst Rensain and Jaric talked to each other. At this moment in time, she didn't feel the need to speak - her mind on the events which had just taken place upstairs in Maire's Chambers. She had to find a way to stop the madness, but despite it all, she kept a calm demenor, and smiled as Rensain looked to her.*

"Material goods only take you so far, Rensain." She chimmed in after Jaric, following his lead. "This house is vastly large for two people alone...its such a waste of space. My Lord husband has a good idea, you might do well to listen."
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2011-12-25, 18:25

Rensain found himself clearing his throat, reaching for his neck tie. With a warm smile he replied, "An excellent suggestion, your Majesty - However, everything here belongs to my landlord, your brother. It would not be fitting for me to sell his things."

Rensain reached across the table and gently squeezed Maires hand.
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 21:55

{{ Jaric nods slowly}}

I can understand your predicament, though I would not fear too much of my brother's retribution should you perfom such a charitable act, no doubt he would turn it into a tax deduction and profit from the matter, but you are right, it would be most unwise to upset your landlord, especially since he is, for now, your King.

{{ Jaric takes a small sip from his water glass.}}

Then again, I seem to recall that you own a rather large castle, one that would serve well as a new hospice and orphanage, a gift that would not go un-noticed by ourselves and the church in the future, and would endear you to the realm as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-02, 13:14

Relieved that Jaric was willing to drop the matter of turning the great mansion into a dirty orphangebhe muutered "Mmm... quite. I am glad you understand." With this he paused to drink a sip of wine. Then, as Jaric raised the idea of Rensain giving up his castle he almost spat it out.

"The castle has sentimental value, your Majesty..and in its current condition I can't say it would be much use to your cause." He gave an appologetic shrug, pouring himself some more wine.
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-12, 21:13

{{ Jaric nods}}

Of course, this is indeed true, which is why I am certain that you would be most gracious in seeing it renovated for our purposes, as a gift of freindship between our families, since you will, of course, be family. Once our children are appropriately situated.

{{ Jaric's tone is the same flat, emptiness he always uses, and yet there seems to almost be mirthe beneath, as if he knows Renny couldn't pass up the oppurtunity.}}
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-12, 23:24

Angel watched the verbal exchange over the floating castle with interest, ordering a glass of water and taking a sip. She waited patiently, somewhat suprised at Jaric's last comment. "Our Children, Jaric? We shall have to see if..well..."

She didn't understand why he wanted Rensain's castle to begin with, but clearly she was confused as to why Jaric wanted to marry off future children to Rensains. For this one, she shook her head and said "Nevermind, forgive me." and she shifted in her seat. Then her eyes cast upwards to Jaric in a moment of thought. Did he know something she didn't? Was she pregnant again?
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-13, 23:47

With an arched eyebrow, Rensain leaned back in his chair. "Children can be so fickle in their choices. Rather like my son Marcus - he has opted to take the cloth rather than marry dear Claudia. Such a waste. However, your offer to unite Caladores with Carthallions through marriage is most tempting. It proves that my efforts for such has not been a complete waste of time...assuming of course that you are blessed with such..gifts. Is there something we should know? If this is the case..then I am sure that my castle won't prove to be too much of a bother to rearrange."

His eyes cast along to his love, the Lady Maire. She had been sat rather quietly and he hoped that although he had not discussed this with her, that she would understand.
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-16, 22:08

{{ He looks at Rensain with an expression that makes no mistake he is less than amused.}}

I am not certain that such a question falls within those that should be asked of company. Were such a matter to be announced, I am certain that it would be done in a more formal manner befitting the importance of the event, rather than done as part of dinner conversation. I expect that such a breach of ediquette was merely due to the close freindship between our famillies and not, as it appears, because you are trying to ferret information regarding my wife for my "dear" brother.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-16, 22:39

Rensain frowned at the accusation before him. He was surprised to be called out by Jaric in regards to spying for Vladamir. A servant approches and filled his glass full of wine, but Rensain waved him quickly away.

"I was speaking merely in the spirit of the conversation - it did not occur to me that you'd assume I had an alterior motive." His tone dripped with sincerity. "I had thought that should your lady wife be with child, then we would have something to celebrate, and that my castle would have served as an excellent gift. Forgive me if I have offended, it was not my intention."
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-17, 22:33

Angel once again looked from one gentleman to the other as Rensain and Jaric verbally sparred across the table. The conversation was making her feel akward at best and so, yet again, she shifted this way and that on the seat, her cheeks blushing red. This was not what she had in mind for the evening.

It was in her mind to open her mouth and say something - but she highly suspected that it wouldn't have been appreciated by either party - so she grabbed a spoon and a bowl of soup. Then, to be clever, she ordered a second bowl of soup and sat it next to her first.

"Just in case." She said, laughing in jest. If she were to be accused of being pregnant, she might as well eat for two.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-18, 00:02

Maire had remained quiet as she and Angel had joined the men for dinner. Leaving Rensain to speak as she tried to act her usual self without giving away her angst of what had transpired in her chambers. Rensain was a keen observer but not only that he knew her well.

She hoped that if there was any question that came up she could beg off the fact that she was feeling a bit under the weather because of the pregnancy. She had confidence though that if Rensain thought anything supicious he would only shoot her a questioning look but wait till they were alone to ask.

When he spoke of bringing the two familes together through their progeny she stiffened a bit . She was not sure that she wished this. Jaric could be a hard man as hard as Vlad could be and the thought of one of her beloved children potentionally being bound to him was not a comforting thought.

She did not let this display upon her features though but just spoke lightly "Well of course it depends on the gender of the children does it not? I mean two girls cannot wed ..." The stress of this situation and the happenings in her bedchambers had left her with little appetite but she pushed through and sampled the dishes that had been brought though it was like swallowing sawdust.
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-20, 19:35

{{ Jaric's eyes pass from Angel to Maire as each speaks in turn, with a small nod to Rensain he sips from his water once more.}}

Perhaps we will continue this discussion at another time, it seems to be distressing the ladies.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime2012-01-22, 21:41

((We are going to close this thread for the sake of moving on with storyline. Maire and Rensain are free to rp within the mansion as though, for now, the Auroran Troops are still there on the surrounding land. Angel and Jaric have left the Mansion without any reason spoken to Maire or Rensain about where they were going or why.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?   Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunder has passed. Anyone for Dinner?
Page 1 of 1