Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A visit to see the sights.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-14, 04:00

He gave a small smile.

If you asked these questions a few years ago, I would have very different answers for you.

Back then, yes I do wish things could have worked out with us. But not now. If she suddenly appeared on these shores tomorrow, I would have no problem in turning around and not speaking to her.

He gave a small sigh.

Part of the problem back then, was everyone telling us we shouldn't be together. But the same people kept pushing together. Because of our duties we were forced to work closely with each other. Not now. Not now.

He drifted off in his talking for a moment.

Your mother appeared at the right moment in my life. I needed a distraction and she provided it.

He looked at Jade, suddenly realizing what he had just said.

No, not in a bad way. In a very good way. She was someone who loved me for who I was, not WHAT I was. She saw past the uniform and got deep into my heart. I was just to stupid to see it until it was too late.

I do wish things could be different. I wouldn't have run away. Maybe she would still be here, or maybe we would both have died in the library.
He paused once more, thinking things through.

It was obvious that the guards had been in the library at the time. Sheldon and Treguard were both Royal Guards, assigned to watch the Queen. They would only have left if she told them to go help defend the Library. Would he have gone as well?
The answer, he was pretty certain, would have been Yes. The Queen would have told him to redeploy the guards, leaving some to remain close to her. He himself would have lead the charge into the library and..... He would have died with the rest of them.

On that plaque we saw, did you read the rest of the names of the people who died there? I lost more than just a future wife in that attack. I lost some good friends. But Indis hurts the most.

He turned to look at her once again.

And if you're asking if I regretted breaking up with her, then no. Not now I know I've got you. If I had to pick between you or her, then you would win every time.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-14, 14:01

~she nods and watches him closely to see emotions on his face his actions.~

"Part of the problem back then, was everyone telling us we shouldn't be together. But the same people kept pushing together. Because of our duties we were forced to work closely with each other. "

"I would see how that would be a problem. Its hard to move on when it keeps coming back at you."

~she rode quietly as he sighed.~

Your mother appeared at the right moment in my life. I needed a distraction and she provided it.

He looked at Jade, suddenly realizing what he had just said.

~she raised an eyebrow at him and smiled softly~

~she listens to him talk about things at the library how he wish things would have been different.~

"If you her both would of died there..I would be alone...but it be ok cause I would know you guys were together."

~she nods and takes a deep breath as he talks about the plaque.~

~as he looks at her she blinks back some tears~

~she smiles~

"Well at least we can go see her still. That is quite the surprise. Drop me off at the healers and you should go see her again. I know she would like that. and she doesn't need to see my face..this way.."

~she reached up and touched it and winced some.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-15, 14:30

He had already planned doing just that, after all a mages healing wasn't instant, so he would have enough time to go see Indis.

Yes, I had thought about going to see her. Don't worry, I won't tell her what happened.
He decided she didn't need to know about Jade being attacked, and he did need to work on her training a little better.
Maybe some defensive moves were in order.

So, what happened to you after your mother shipped you away?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-15, 19:03

So, what happened to you after your mother shipped you away?

"It wasn't that she sent me away she was with me for awhile. She left me with some old friends of hers that caravan around from place to place. I came to visit here once or twice. She had a carriage come get me. I only stayed for a few days. Then I would go back to the family. They taught me more to help out with things. Like fixing wagons and hauling stuff. I only did weapons with mom and she didn't really want to do that but didn't want to leave me with not being able to defend somewhat. She planned on doing more. But duty called her back here. then she got that posting at the cape with kharne. She went to that ball and that is why she was even near the library. So when she sent for me to come here to offically stay. I was excited and packed up all the things I had and came here to find out about the attack..I ended up in Grorr..and thought I might be able to learn things. and I knew you had trained some of the people around so I was just...trying to find pieces of you or mom to connect with. But I kept who I really was a secret...even the elemental elf part.. which up until last year started to be able to do things. and even then I didn't do anything unless I was alone in my barrack...but the whole time it was like i was in a trance just doing things to let the days go by. not letting anyone in. and one night I just had to see if there was a possiblity that mom had some things some where...and that is where I ran into Gil.. and we talked for hours. we figured the castle might have something since she was posted there as the lady in waiting. and she was still moving stuff to the cape when she died..I talked to the queen and Lord Resain and told me to send word when I was ready for her things. I did that a few days ago I will have to check back in at grorr soon then."

~she took a deep breath realizing she had been going on and on.~

"Sorry.. I tend to do that.." ~she chuckled~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-15, 23:00

No, It's alright, I asked a question and you answered it.
Dammit, why did he feel like he was questioning her like a suspect? Thought he was interested about this Gil character.

So, do you have any feeling for Gil? I'd like to meet him at some point.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-16, 15:34

~she chuckled softly~

"Yeah I like him and yes I am sure you will meet him sometime. But there are quite a few guys that are interesting around aegis." ~she grinned.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-16, 16:41

He raised his eyebrow.

Oh? Interesting guys? Well I hope you're going to let me meet them all before.....

He almost blushed. Almost... Was she saying what he thought she was saying, or was it totally innocent? Either way, he wanted to the chance to check out any would-be suitor to his daughter.

He thought it best to change the subject.

Anyway, while we've still got a way to travel, I'll tell you what I need to teach you next. Defensive fighting.
Now, you might think that fighting is fighting, but there are many different styles. Most people learn attack movements and postures, but one of the best you can learn are defensive moves.
I used a combination of attack and defence in the fight with the sailors.
The first thing you need to do is weigh up the situation and the other combatants. I instantly saw you had injured one of them, so left him till the end. That left 3, 2 on one side ad one on the other. The logical thing to do was to strike the one on his own, then move to a position that would allow me to strike the 2 near each other.

Of course, it helped when I saw an object fall in the shadows and rise up. There were only a few things it could have been, so I laid a bet on it being Kharne.

So, in a few days time, we'll work on some defensive moves for you to learn. It's often easier to be REactive rather than PROactive.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-16, 17:14

~she chuckled softly seeing the blush be fought off.~

~she nodded and listened to him talk about how the fight when for him~

"I look forward to it."

~she started to get alittle ahead and in passing him~

"I have only kissed someone nothing more.."

~she stayed a few paces in front of him.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-16, 23:01

His eyebrows raised again. Was she trying to move away in case he swung at her or something? He had no intention of doing that of course.
Dammit, why did she have to be a female. Couldn't she have been a male. It would have been so much easier. He never had been any good at reading women's emotions.

Oh, and who was it? Anyone I know? and can hit? - he added to himself.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-16, 23:41

~she shook her head softly~

"No you haven't met him..and its Gil. And he isn't exactly a small guy either. But I think you would get along with him. and before you ask.. I kissed him."

~she watched him closely trying to figure out what he was thinking.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 13:19

Well now I definitely want to meet him!

A small plan started to form in his head.

Where is he from, do you know? Artimus was certain he couldn't have been Aegis born, else he would have heard of him. Wouldn't he?

Anyway, this new plan would require yet another trip to Meriddia in the next few days, which should all go fine as long as he can avoid that tea shop. Ah, maybe the glass crafter was set up now. May as well kill two birds with one stone while he was there.

Yes, this should work out just fine...

He gave a small grin as his plan clicked into place in his head.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 13:26

~she chuckled~

" He is not from here actually him and Ralean are from the same place. But it was destroyed and he came here looking for him. and he has been with him thru alot."

~she looked up in the sky for a moment.~

"You will meet him. question is as my dad or just a friend?" ~she smiled looking over to him~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 13:32

She had a point. That was the one part of his forming plan that he hadn't considered. What capacity should he introduce himself as?

Oh. Er. He's related to Ralean, you said that before didn't you. Ralean is related to the Baron - or is it King now? Vladamir. So by introducing me as your father, word will get back to Vladamir that I'm back, and all pretense of trying to remain hidden vanishes. On the other hand, if you are in love with this man, how could we meet where you would be with me?..... He started to trail off as thoughts began tumbling through his head once again.

That smile started to form on his face once again as the entire plan was turned on it's head and reformed.

Yes, that could work....

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 13:39

"Gil would keep it quiet if we asked him to. He is a good guy. They might not be blood relatives but they are brothers in bond."

~she looked at her father in the eyes~

"Am not sure if I love him yet.. just that i like him alot..am not set to settle down yet..so i am keeping my options open."

~she leans down to pet her horse~

"How much further?" ~she winced alittle bit as some of the pain was coming back~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 13:52

His plan was pretty much formed now, and no amount of reassurance from his daughter was going to convince him to trust an Auroran without meeting him first. No, stick with the new plan. Jade didn't need to know it just yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing him. And it shouldn't be too much further now.

He could see her wincing, trying to hide the pain from him. He was about to tell her not to worry about showing pain in front of him, but then realised he had done exactly the same to her.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 14:36

~she nodded~

"Just no trying to kill him.. just talk with him and get to know him first. Just cause he might know aurorans doesn't mean he is like them... ow damn it.." ~she winced as the pain hit her hard and it surprised her.~

"Well whatever she did its wore off now."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 14:51

He could see the spires of the Academia in the distance, it couldn't be any more than a mile away now.

This was a new view for him - last time he had been here the Academia would have been blocked by the Golden Library towers, from this angle.

Looking at the spires he spotted one very familiar window, and almost let out a small sigh. Odd how things happen.

He turned his thought back to his daughter.

Don't worry, I have no intention of hurting him at all. I just want to know what kind of person he is. I think it best that we don't reveal who I am for the time being. I'll let you know if I think it's safe to go further. But, let us cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, we need to get you to a healer. Look, those spires there, that's the great Academia of Draco, where the mages learn there.. whatever it is mages do.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 15:02

~she chuckles~
"I would think you would know what mages do being that wasn't the one before mom a mage?"

~she touched the side of her face alittle testing what part hurt the most. glad to be so close now.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 16:19

He gave a small laugh.

I might have bedded one, and learnt a thing or two, but I have no idea what it is they do with their days, when they go.. maging... in their maging ways...

The entrance to the city was looming large now.

Won't be long now
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 16:46

~she chuckled~

"Good."

~she watched as they came to the city enterance. she didn't really like this city after the sorrow it cost her. But yet she was glad that she could if she wanted to see her mothers ghost.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-08-17, 16:54

Azure guided them through the gateway, and stopped outside the stables. Artimus dismounted and handed the reigns to the stablemaster, watching as Jade did likewise.

You'll want to head over to the Academia, there will be someone there who can help you. I'll head over to the library. let me know when you're done.

((I think we ought to move this to the Draco board now Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A visit to see the sights.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3