Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A visit to see the sights.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 18:27

~looks over to her father~

"Where is what?" ~she looks at the new building~

"You know mom mentioned at one time that the cape was attacked and she was helping with the rebuild."

~she looks back at her father steak still on her eye~

"Maybe it was destroyed?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-10, 02:28

He stood in the street, still clutching his daughter, staring at the building.

The tavern. The iron Mermaid. It's gone. He paused for a moment.

An attack? Another attack?

He paused again.
If Indis knew about this attack, then it happened before Draco. Had the other cities been attacked as well?

No, not another attack. Draco was the other attack. This one happened first. But why?

Why indeed? And why hadn't he noticed the Iron Mermaid had gone when he first arrived?
Ah, that last question he could answer easily. He had purposely avoided the place when he first came here, because he knew he would be recognized instantly.

Still, at least he could suspect what had happened to most of the guards he knew around here. He drew in a breath. He hadn't cried over the loss his friends at Draco (Indis with standing), and he wouldn't cry over the loss of them here.

Mac? Louis? Jesse? Aaron? he said softly, then looked at Jade.

We need to get out of here. Move further into the city. I need to.. think. He really hoped he was showing the right composure to his daughter; hoped she couldn't see the pain he was going through right now. He didn't have time to have a breakdown right now.

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-10, 16:27

"If I remember from her letters the attack on the cape wasn't to much before the attack on the library. Cause she was appointed dutchess of the cape and went down and helping with the rebuilding. it was that stupid dracolich thing that did it..what was his name..chaaran.. I think..same one that attacked the library." ~she took a deep breath as she watched her father. ~

"I think she said aaron was missing.. but the rest am not sure.."

~she nods as he saids to move further into the city.~

"I could use the rest." ~he didn't show the pain she figured he was in all his close friends where gone.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-10, 18:08

Yet another thing to blame that bloody Dracholich for. He added Angel to the list of the names of people who had died since he left.

He continued to push through the crowd - although push wasn't quite the right word. Most of the people heading towards them took one look at the man and the battered-looking girl he was half carrying, half dragging, and moved aside; often muttering to the people around them about it.
Of course, this was Salarain and odd things often happened, but people still took notice.
The guards as well had taken notice, Artimus spotted.
Well, to be honest, if he'd heard of a similar situation, he would have gone to investigate - or least sent someone to take a look and make sure the girl was alright.

Look alive Jade, we might be having company soon. He wasn't sure if she had noticed them as well, but it was best to warn her.

He turned left into a smaller street and stopped to catch his breath.

I need to get you somewhere. As he spoke, he noticed a sign hanging over a doorway of one of the buildings here. The sign for a healer/herbalist. Yes!

He moved her towards the shop, opening the door and helping her in.

Help me, please. She was attacked. I tried to help. He thought it best not to disclose their identities, just pretend he was a concerned citizen.

"My Goodness"said the woman who was behind the counter. She moved from around the counter towards Jade, taking her hands. She glanced over to him.
"Thank you for bringing her in." She then turned her attention back to Jade.
"What happened?" she asked, her voice full of warmth.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-10, 18:25

~she glanced around when he said they might have company. As she noticed the guards~

"Thank you for bringing her in." She then turned her attention back to Jade.
"What happened?" she asked, her voice full of warmth.

"I was attacked by four sailors. and this man here stepped in. If it wasn't for him I probably would be in worst shape if not dead. " ~she glanced up to her father and smiled alittle~

"Thank you sir for bring me to her. Your kindness is great. I know you spoke of other things you had to do. I am in good hands here." ~she smiled to the lady as she held the steak in her hand her eye purple and not as swollen as it had been.~

~ml~ "I know you wanted to do some scouting go ahead I will find you after she finishes. "
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-10, 18:43

He MLed her back.
I'll be back soon to check on you. If you leave without me, try not to get yourself into any other harm. He gave her a wink, to show he wasn't angry with her at all, then turned to the healer, pulling some coins from his pocket.

I hope this can help towards the cost of any help this lady requires. He spoke discreetly to the healer, handing her the coins, then turned to leave.

Once out of the shop he headed back to the main street once again, this time taking the time to look around properly, to see what other changes had happened.

He was worried for his daughter, but knew she would be in good hands. Hmm. Safe places and Cape Salarain didn't always go hand-in-hand.

he headed off down the road, walking slowly, his eyes taking in everything.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-11, 03:23

~the woman moved jade to a cot she had set up and told jade to just relax so she could perform her healing. Jade laid down on the cot and relaxed and closed her eyes as the woman was very softly chanting as jade felt the magics start to work. After about 15 mins of chanting jade drifted off to sleep. She relived the whole event in her head and sat straight up after remembering getting hit in the face. She looked around the room and in the back to the left the lady was mixing things and doing something else. Sitting at the edge of the bed Jade stood up slowly catching herself for a moment. then walking to the counter and the lady smiled at her.~

"How long was I out?"

"Oh about a good hour." ~the woman smiled~

"Thank you for your help." ~she flashed a smile to the lady~

"You are welcome. Tho you are healed because of how bad your eye was it may still be alittle sore. Just becareful for a few days." ~she smiled and went about do things in her shop.~

" I will and thank you once again." ~jade was leaving when she noticed a cloak for sale.~ " How much for this?"
~the lady told her the amount and jade pulled out the coins in her boot and handed the to the lady. and wrapped the cloak around her and over her head. and walked out into the street. Jade walked around staying out of trouble keeping her head down and the cloak tightly around her. She found a quiet spot on the edge of the docks and sat on one of the boxes looking out at the sea.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-11, 11:43

Artimus had spent most of that time trying to gather information from the various people around Cape Salarain.
It seems word spread fast, and the pie seller still knew a few of his old network of thieves and brigands. They each approached Artimus, telling him they weren't "doing none of that no more, honest" clearly unaware that Artimus himself wasn't in any position of power any longer.
He told each one he believed them, and asked them different questions about various topics.

He learnt there was a very good possibility Angel wasn't dead. Most of them agreed that she was still around, and a few of them seemed to think she was now a Queen!

It also seemed that word had gone around (and changed slightly with each telling) about him beating up as young girl. The last version he heard whispers of - while hiding in a tavern (some habits died hard for him) was that someone matching his description had been seen raping a girl by the docks.

He left the tavern shortly after this, not wanting to draw attention by leaving immediatly, and purchased a new shirt of a different colour from a stall holder, who eyed him with suspicion.

He finally headed back to the healers, to find Jade had left several minutes earlier.
The healer hadn't apparently heard any of the gossip going around, which was lucky, and he left and stoof outside, wondering where she might have gone.
Would she have been stupid enough to go back to the docks?

He thought he better go and double check.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-11, 12:15

~There was a few crates stacked up and she sat in between them in the cloak she looked like just some piece of material stacked up. she sat curl up her arms around her knees and dagger in her left hand. if you looked really hard you could catch a glimpse of the metal. She had hid when a few boats came in and the sailor came off the boats. she froze when she would hear footsteps near. cloak and hood up and hiding her well.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-11, 13:55

He walked slowly along the dockside, once again his eyes taking in everything.
He spotted several stacks of crates, and the beggar sitting between them trying not to be seen. He turned away when he glanced a flash of metal from the beggar's hand.
Armed beggars? That didn't bode well for anyone who refused to part with a few coins.

His natural instinct was to take action. But he stopped himself. That wasn't his life any more. Let the guards deal with it.
He made a note to let Kharne know about the possibility of this, then thought.
Would he have acted on a rumour? No.
He decided to just double check. A little look couldn't hurt, could it?

He cautiously moved around the crates, hoping to catch a look at the beggar, and see if he really did have a blade of some description.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-11, 15:38

~She held the dagger along her arm she listened as he moved closer. the blade ran along her arm the hilt that was mostly covered by her hand was a goldish color and the top of the dagger had a jade on the top of it with a dragon holding on to it. As he moved even closer she swung her arm to the left of her in his direction hoping it would scare whomever it was if not knick them and hopefully make them run.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-11, 16:16

Artimus had been ready to make whatever move was thrown at him - he'd guessed this beggar wouldn't be happy with him taking a look.
As the arm flew out towards him, he spotted the dagger, which gave him all the warning he needed.
He moved to the side, to avoid the blow, then put his own hand out, grabbing the wrist of the beggar, putting his body close by and pinning the arm to one of the crates. He had a firm grip on the wrist, to stop the dagger stabbing any part of him, and he twisted the wrist slightly.

Having stopped the beggar from doing any instant harm to him, he looked towards him.

Word to the wise, my friend. Attacking people just because they don't wish to give you money isn't.....

He spotted her face, and released his grip, relaxing once again.

We really must stop meeting like this, Jade. I didn't hurt you, did I?
He knew his grip would have been very firm, but not harmful.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-11, 16:32

~she was alittle surprised she made a little noise as he had her arm.~

"I am fine. I thought it would be a good idea to hide. and not be out in the open."

~she put the dagger back in her boot and straightened up her cloak.~

"Did you find anything else out?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-11, 17:34

He glanced around, just to see if anyone had noticed his activities.
Yes he'd changed his shirt colour, but that didn't mean he didn't still match the description of the man who was doing the rounds.

You're looking a little better. Anyway, I managed to get one or two titbits of information. Word on the street seems to indicate Angel isn't actually dead. In other news, it seems there is someone lurking around this city who is randomly attacking young women, and possibly raping them. He has blond hair, short on top and longer at the back, and a small beard and moustache. He gave a small grin.

I think we better get our of here before someone starts trying to be a hero and take me down. We can come back in a few days when all the fuss has died down.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-12, 11:43

~she nods~

"Well do you just want to meet back at the forest? since I am guessing your horse is not at the same place as mine."

~she pulls off her cloak~

"Do you want to use this? ~handing the cloak to him~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-12, 13:43

He gave a smile back to his daughter. She did think like him.

No, I should be alright. I left Azure by the West gate stables. I should be able to get back there without any trouble. He gave her a wink. It won't be the first time I've done this. No, I'm more worried abotu you. Can you ride alright with your eye? Actually, wait outside the North gate and I'll swing round to help you back.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-12, 20:04

~she nodded~

"I would be fine. But maybe be on the safe side I will meet you at the gate."

~she put on her cloak and tied it and pulled the hood up. She did it with a fancy spin and smiled.~

"Shall we."

~Started to walk back to the stable quickly and quietly~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-13, 09:36

He gave a small nod, watching her go towards the North gate, then turned towards the West gate, walking at a brisk pace.
He watched the shadows, because that was the most likely place an attack would come from, but saw nothing. Finally he reached the stables and saw Azure there.
He thanked the stablemaster and mounted his horse quickly, leaving the town and heading alongside the walls to the North gate, hoping to find Jade waiting there.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-13, 10:58

~she had made her way to the stable and paid the stable hand and hopped on the horse. and made her way to the north gate. she rode out of the gate and looked over and she saw her father riding to her.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-13, 13:11

There she was on her horse, Artimus. He shook his head, thinking about the name of the horse, smiling to himself. he rode up towards her. He looked up at the sky, then over to her.
You know, we've got time if you want to head over to Draco; get a proper mage to heal the wounds.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-13, 16:03

~she looked at the sky. and nods~

"Actually has sound like a good idea. I think I would be more to trust them then most in the city here. I wonder why mom wanted to come here..seems like a bunch of bad people are in the city."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-13, 17:19

He knew she must know he had reasons to keep away from Draco - all the bad memories connected with the city. But it was the most logical thing to do.

The mages over there can be trusted more than a back-street healer in Salarain. I was once badly beaten up; my face was smashed into pieces, and a mage healed it as good as new. He didn't elaborate on how it happened, or that it wasn't just "some mage" that healed him - although he would go into more detail if she asked. It was a long journey after all.

As for the Salarain, yes it's populated by cut-throats and beggars and the kind of people who if they saw you lying in a gutter would be more likely to pick your pocket than help you; but not all of them are like that. There are some rich merchants who live in the town, because they like to live near the port where their businesses are.
I knew a family who lived there. The father was a rich merchant who made his money by importing certain goods - nothing illegal, trust me - who had 3 boys. While they were a bit rough, well two of them were, they were the best group of friends you could wish for.

And now they could be dead. He didn't say that of course.

He had turned Azure onto the road to Draco. He patted the horses neck. Azure knew the way to Draco too well. If he could have sighed, he would have.

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-13, 17:58

~she nodded and listened~

"How did you smash your face in got connected to some big bad?"

~she tilted her head towards him as they went.~

"Did you know the healer well? the one that fixed you up?"

~she kept up with him as they went~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-13, 18:38

Well, it was a long trip, and he didn't need to think too hard about the journey, Azure knew the way.
And he supposed this was a chance for his daughter to get know him better. Best she knew his failings as well as his achievements.

I'd love to say my face was smashed in due to taking down a major threat to the island. Unfortunately it's nothing so glamourous. I was beaten up due to a major lack of judgement of my own making. I made a mistake that cost the Queen very dearly, so she attacked me. I refused to defend myself, because to fight her in my position as 'Bodyguard' would have been treason, so I ended up with a face that looked like a sack of potatoes. Oh, and a banishment from Meriddia.

She didn't want to see me around for the time being - which is understandable - so she sent me packing to anywhere I chose to go. I decided to go to Grorr. Not through any real choice, more down to deductive logic.
I didn't want to go to Draco due to my recent...er... delicate breakup with the Duchess. Cape Salarain didn't appeal as somewhere to lie low. Marloc and Icehold were pretty much out of the question, so Grorr was the logical choice.

Of course I'd wanted the position of Duke of Grorr for a long while. My desire for it wasn't exactly a secret. Not that i hankered after being a Duke. No, the reason I wanted it was because traditionally the position of Duke of Grorr had also carried the rank of General. THAT was what I was really after.

But due to the incident, I knew that was pretty much out of my grasp.

So, I went to Grorr with a broken face, and started working on the guard programme. Not that there was anything wrong with the way they were being trained, it was just I could see a few ways to improve the training of the new recruits.
Most of them who graduated and came to Meriddia usually needed some hands-on training from me or Tiberious eventually.

Anyway, I spoke to the Master of Training and gave them a few pointers of things that should be taught. Oh, and i also started the apprentice plan, where a newly recruited guard would team up with an experienced Royal Guard, to see what life was like at the thick end of the business. This provided two benefits. The benefit to the recruit was the chance to experience the actual job and see how things were really done. The Royal Guard benefited by having an extra pair of eyes and ears in times of danger.

Anyway, I'm going of the subject.
I didn't bother getting my face healed, because it reminded me every day when I looked in the mirror, that I had made bad choices.
Not long into my exile, I received a letter from the Queen, asking me to see her. It wasn't an apology - I was the one who had to apologize, which I had done - but it was an acknowledgement that she realised I was of some worth.

She needed me to deal personally with a serious matter. So once back in her good books - or at least on speaking terms with her once again - I then sought to have my face healed. I went to Draco of course, and who should I stumble into, but... the Duchess.

So yes, in answer to your other question. Yes, I did know the person who healed me.

They had ridden quite a way in the time he had taken to tell the story.

Jade, you have to understand, that when I talk about her He was sure he didn't have to explain who "she" was it's because we shared something together. But it doesn't mean I don't care about your mother. I know it appears most of my stories revolve around her, but please understand she's history to me know. You are my center now. You and Indis...
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-08-13, 18:58

~she listened to his story seeing it play out in her mind as he spoke.~

"Do you wish that things would have worked out with her? Things would have been so different..for mom... I probably would not be here..she might be still alive.. I think she still would have been here...but I guess you can't change the past..what would happen if she came back? ~she stared off into the woods not sure she wanted to know.. but had to ask.~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A visit to see the sights.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next