Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A visit to see the sights.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

A visit to see the sights. Empty
PostSubject: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 12:01

The sun was high in the sky as Artimus M Morningstar, along with Azure his palomino entered the city gates. He had left his daughter back in the Everest Forest with instructions of which route to take, but he himself had taken a different route. He was curious to see which one of them had arrived first.

Azure was panting hard, the horse not used to such a workout; he would get over it. But Artimus himself felt good. He felt alive. He had his sword on his belt, the wind had been in his hair and his old trusty and faithful horse under his total control.

He came in through the West gate, knowing Jade would approach from the South, and paid for a stable for Azure for the duration of his stay. Then he headed out onto the streets, his eyes constantly looking for any signs of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 12:11

~she entered the city from the south having followed the directions her father gave her she hopped off her horse and gave him a pet as she walked besides him looking for stable to keep him in. Finding a suitable place she paid to have him put up. and thanked the stable hand. she walked out of the stable and down the road seeing the busy street she stood on a corner and looked around abit. wondering where her father had gone off too.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 14:16

He strode with confident steps, eyes still scanning the area constantly.
From down the street he saw he standing, looking around, and he ducked out of sight as her turned in his direction. He counted to 5 slowly then moved his head around. She was facing another direction.
He was on the point of sneaking up on her, when he realised the eyes of the ever-present guards might spot his suspicious behaviour. He himself would never have tolerated a story of "It's ok, I was messing around" and arrested the person if he were on duty, so he couldn't expect the guards to do otherwise.
And being arrested was the last thing he needed.

So instead he walked out and walked confidently down the street towards her, wondering how long it would take her to spot him.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 14:27

~she was scanning the area there was alot of groups of people around and out of the corner of her eye she saw him and ducked in with a group of girls about her age. she moved with them laughing and giggles with them like she belonged. she wanted to see if he could find her this time.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 14:58

He thought he saw her look his way, then he blinked and she was gone!
He scanned around, without breaking his stride, trying to find her.
His eyes took in everything around him.
The man with the tray selling pies; The man with the fur coat yelling about his finest carpets; the old couple standing, arguing over 'deal' the man had purchased that they didn't need. The group of young girls laughing together on their way to stand near the docks. The young couple walking hand-in-hand towards the jewellery store.

He took it all in, but he missed the one thing he needed.

He reached the point he had seen her last and turn around, hoping he didn't attract too much attention and started to walk back. He couldn't see her East or West, so she must have gone North, the direction he had come in.

Clearly she was paying him back, playing his own game back at him. But it wouldn't work.

He walked along at a slow pace, trying to work out where she was. His eyes continued to track any alleyways she might have tried to hide in, any doorway she could use for cover.
She would have to be watching him, there would be no point doing this if she couldn't see him.
Therefore the obvious way to out-fox the hunter was to make her break cover.

He was alongside the carpet seller, and he stepped to one side, behind a carpet, then moved behind the stall and used the carpets as cover to allow him to move around one of the houses, knowing he would be unseen from the street. He quickened his pace as he went around the house, coming out in a narrow alleyway from which he could see the street once more. He stood, pressed against the wall, eyes scanning to see if anyone broke their stride.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 15:27

~she looked around..."Damnit where did he go." she thought "If I break now he will see me..." just then the group went around a group of sailors that had just come in and as she turned her head back forward she walked right into him..."Oh crap.." she thought to herself. but then turned on her charm. did alittle hair flip and flashed him a smile.~

"Hello there sailor." ~she adjust her shirt some.~

~the sailor reaches out for her and grabs her faster then she expected. and she yelped alittle bit. he picks her up and holds her up her feet tangling and she leans down like she was going to kiss him the guy brought her closer to him and when the timing was right she kicked him in the family jewels and he dropped her. She flipped backward and got a few steps from him. When a few more sailors came to help him and he grab her again. and this time they side stepped into an alley. One sailor popped her in the eye and she struggles to get free. She kicks one back off her and elbowed the guy holding her and she got free for his hold but was cornered against the wall. She was looking around looking for anything to use or a way to get out of this mess.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 16:47

His eyes continued to watch everything at once, focusing on as many small details as he could take in. No one changed direction or glanced over at the carpet stall - well, no one he could see.

The married couple had moved inside a shop; the elderly couple were still arguing; the pie seller had moved on, presumably to peddle his wares to other unsuspecting buyers; and the group of young girls had disappeared out of sight at the docks.

The rest of the street continued to move at a quick pace, although Artimus' attention was suddenly pulled by the sound of a slight rucuss near the docks.

Most people probably wouldn't have heard it, but Artimus was used to hearing things most people ignore.

He moved with slight haste to the docks, eyes still scanning. He spotted a group of sailors crowded around something. He could smell the drink - he knew their type instantly. Recently off a ship and happy to be back on dry land, they headed for the nearest tavern and have now come out to find something to play with.

His natural instincts took over, and he placed his left hand on the hilt of his sword.

Excuse me Gentleman, I think you might want to move along here.

They turned to look at him, and as they moved he spotted Jade in the middle of the clump.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 18:14

~her breath quicken as she was reaching behind her as she heard him.~

Excuse me Gentleman, I think you might want to move along here.

~when the turned to her father she pulled her sword to and croutched down in a defense position. Her left eye all red and starting to get purple and puff up. As she looked between them to her father~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 18:48

He saw the state of her face, the swollen eye flashing memories in him of the time he was beaten. No one hurt his daughter.
His eyes took in the positions of the sailors. The big guy in the middle was clutching his crotch; from the position of him and Jade it appears she already administered a blow on him. The three other guys were standing, 2 on the left hand side of the gig guy, one on the other. No weapons were in their hands - yet.

"This is none of your business, just turn around" says one of the pair on the left.

Art's grip on his sword hilt tightened, then loosened. He made on last assessment of the situation, then with one quick flick of his wrist the sword leapt out of the scabbard and into his left hand. he held the sword backwards, so the blade ran along his outstretched arm.

With one fluid movement he moved to his right, but punched to the left, using the hilt of of his sword for added force as he punched the one who had spoken, then spun and dropped, kicking the legs of the man on the right.

He was already out of reach of the 3rd smaller man, but he drew in magic ready as he waited for the next move.
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-06, 20:00

*** Several of the more lawful citizens had gathered in the main street at the mouth of the alley behind Artimus. At the sound of a weapon being drawn they turned away from the curiosity that had struck them at the sound of a scuffle. This was a port after all, fights happened. Things were turning more serious now however, one of them turned and fled up the street to summon the watch.***

Deeper in the alley, where the buildings grew so close as to almost cut off the daylight, a figure dropped through the narrow gap. Fully in view of Artimus the figure landed silently as though stepping softly from a low curb. He then turned towards the group and advanced slowly and still in silence even as Art made his initial attack, as though on a casual afternoon stroll.
Back to top Go down
http://wrinkly-ninja.deviantart.com/
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-07, 03:15

Artimus had been aware of the figure, and had a very good idea who it was. His respect for law and order had also ensured that he hadn't actually killed, or mortally wounded either of the two men so far. Just used extra force to subdue them, and he was pretty sure Kharne was magically aware enough to realise he had just drawn magic to himself - even if the Dragon didn't know Art could use magic.

He had avoided looking at Kharne once he'd realised he was there, to avoid drawing attention to him. Perhaps the old "Look behind you" routine might work, but he'd leave that one till the end.

The man he'd punched was rubbing his nose, and the man he had kicked was still on the floor at Artimus' feet. Art gave him a quick knee in the face to ensure he kept down, then turned his attention to the two remaining men.

The big one was still rubbing his crotch, while the forth was now looking angry. Good.

The little guy ran over towards Art, who simply span to avoid the incoming blow, and administered an elbow to the back of his neck, pushing him into the man on the floor, and into the wall. There was a crack as his teeth hit the wall.

That just left the big man who was standing over Jade.
It was time to use the gambit. He pointed towards Kharne.

Hey, look behind you.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-07, 10:54

~she watched her father work as he took down two of the four guys her eyes notice kharne she was still in defence mode and watching the guy she kick and who had punched her in the head the adrenaline still running keeping her up on her toes her head was killing her. but had to keep her guard up. The big guy looked like he might try to take another swing when her father called out. and the big guy spun around and she got around him and back on the side of the alley with the people she was back out in the open. She ran around the corner to the front of one of the building and slid down the wall. she could still heard everything. She wrapped her arms around her legs her left was barely open purple completely and puffed up. the adrenaline was starting to wear off now that she wasn't in direct line.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-07, 15:19

The movement of the big guy was all he needed. He knew a simple punch wouldn't be enough, so he gave a powerful swing with his right hand, followed up with fast jab with his left. The left hand still held the hilt of his sword to add a little more power to his hit.

As the big guy fell, Artimus flicked his eyes to the other men, ensuring they were staying down, and to make sure his daughter was safe.

Then he straightened up, replaced his sword in the scabbard and looked straight at Kharne.

This is your town, Duke. I apologize for starting a fight, and will face any consequences for my actions.

He held his hands up at his chest, clearly showing he wouldn't put up a fight.
At the end of the day, he had thrown the first punch and he would accept Kharne's judgement.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-07, 16:07

~The whole thing had started out as a fun hide and seek then before she knew she had gotten herself in real trouble... and she didn't handle it well... her first fight outside of some training and she was falling apart the punch to the head had really shook her up. she peeked around the corner seeing all of them down and her father turning to talk to kharne. She knew he would think she was weak but she didn't care. She got up and ran over to her father wrapping her arms around him sobbing. The adrenline completely wearing off.

"I am sorry...dad.. "~she looses balance and collaspes~
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-08, 20:15

Kharne stepped silently past the biggest of the fools, barely paying him any heed other than to use one of his customarily bare feet to put him aside. His eyes took in every detail of Artimus and held the mans own gaze for a moment before looking to Jade as the young woman collapsed. In particular he looked closely at Jades injuries.
He wasn't happy.
He turned and grabbed the obvious ringleader by a handful of his hair and lifted the mans head. He pulled the mans eye open and seemed to be examining it for a moment before letting the head fall.
"I have no intention of punishing you for protecting your.... friend." said Kharne as he turned back to Artimus, "You've might just have saved everyones lives."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 03:26

Artimus let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, clearly relaxing as it became clear Kharne wouldn't be pressing charges. He had guessed Kharne would do the right thing, and although Artimus was only playing the loyal hero, he had had the intention of following through with whatever Kharne decided.
He'd had no intention of running.
He also appreciated Kharne's discretion on the matter of his daughter, even if she did blow it herself.
He smiled at Kharne, shoulders slumping forward. That fight was going to make his joints ache in the morning.
I thank you, Duke. If I can be of any further assistance, we shall be in town for most of the day. Otherwise, you know where to find me. I'll try and avoid finding myself in any more.. trouble. He gave a grin. Once a guard, always a guard.

He put his arm around Jade, giving her a small squeeze to let her know he wasn't angry with her.

Now, if you'll excuse us, I shall go and see if there is a healers shop anywhere nearby.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 11:50

~as he put his arm around her and gave her the am not angry at you squeeze she smiled alittle she was kicking herself for all of this. It got out of hand faster then she thought.~

"God my eye is killing me...Thanks for stepping in.. it happened so fast...and I thought I could have talked my way out of it..." She walked along with him.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 13:13

He gave Kharne one more nod before turning and leaving with his daughter.

Don't worry Jade. You can't win every fight. Just as long as you know someone will always have your back. So, how did you get there from the corner? I saw you there, then you vanished. I tried tracking you but you slipped past.

He started to guide them back towards the carpet seller. There was someone nearby who he wanted to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 14:23

~she chuckled~

"I can't believe i had gotten past you..I was with that group of girls. and then I lost you and was looking and I ran into that big guy and then after I kicked him he hauled me into the alleyway there and the others came and held me as he took a few punches to my face. I kicked him again. and that is when you came around the corner."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 14:47

He remained silent for a moment. The group of girls. That was going to be his next point of checking.

The girls. Nice hiding place. You lost sight of me because I double-backed, to see if could get anyone to break cover. You didn't bit.
He gave her a smile as they continued walking, the people heading towards them looking at them in an odd way. He guessed most of it was down to Jade and her face. Well, he'd help get that sorted very soon.

They went past the carpet seller, his eyes looking around, seeking out the man he needed. Ah, there he was. He headed towards the man with the tray, selling the pies that he had spotted earlier. He adjusted his hold on Jade, moving to grip her a little tighter.

Hello. His voice held an air of authority. The man turned to look at him, getting ready to give him the sales patter, but his face fell as he clapped eyes on Artimus.

"Captain? I heard... they said you had... I thought.... What are you doing here? I ain't done nothing wrong Captain, I got a business now. I'm on the straight and narrow these days!"

Artimus smiled at the man.

It's alright. And yes, i had left. But now I'm back. Now, where do you get the meat for your pies?

The man looked shocked at the question.

"Meat? Er... I buys my good legitimately now, Captain. None of this cutting purses and petty robbery for me no more. I moved on! Honest I have!"

I'm sure you have. Now, answer the question.

The pie seller looks down at Jade, his face falling even further.

"You ain't going to hurt the girl no more, are you Captain?"

I might have to, if you don't tell me what I need to know.

"Andersons. The butcher over there."

Thank you. He tossed a gold coin onto his tray and started off towards the butchers shop.

Sorry about that Jade. Had to make it look realistic. He spoke in a very low voice, in case the pie seller was still around.

They reached the butchers and Artimus manhandled her inside, then released his grip and turned to the man behind the counter.

I need your juiciest steak. Please.

Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 15:08

Kharne gave a nod as Artimus turned away and left with Jade. It was obvious that the woman was in shock, probrably unused to ho savage even civilised life could be.
Several guards had finally been roused from their usual patrol and had appeared at the end of the alley, looking around curiously.
"Take these fools into custody while I decide what to do with them."
There was a groan from behind him as the ringleader regained consciousness and rolled onto his back, then a yell as the man found himself hauled to his feet and slammed against the nearest wall with his toes barely touching the floor.
"You have no idea how lucky you are." growled Kharne, who was holding the idiot beneath his jaw with deceptive ease. "Had you not been interrupted and knocked senseless you would have committed crimes which would have seen you hang! And that would have been had I been lenient."
The ringleader struggled for a moment, freezing as he saw fangs slipping into place as the short man snarled at him. Then he relaxed, seeming to finally sober up and accept the inevitable. Tears streamed down his face then as Kharne released him and gestured for the guards to take this one away as well.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 15:20

~as the pie seller looks at her she just had a glassy look and then winced alittle as the pain kicked in some.~

"Sorry about that Jade. Had to make it look realistic."

"Its ok. Good thing I can play the part." she said softly.

~she stood there looking around as he moved to the counter and asked.~

"I need your juiciest steak. Please."

~finding a chair and sitting down to steady herself.~

~ml~ "what is the steak for I thought we were looking for a healer person?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 15:58

He turns to look at her as Mr. Anderson goes to find a steak.

It'll help with the swelling he ML's back to her.

The butcher returns with the steak, and after a q quick haggle over the price, Artimus takes the steak and gives it to Jade.

Put this over your eye. It'll help. I don't know where the Healer is any more. I'll have to get you somewhere safe while I go explore. Let's go find the Iron Mermaid tavern. Angel can look after you. I trust her.

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 17:41

~she holds the meat over her eye~

"Really?" ~she makes a face as she does it~

~she nods as he saids he would leave her somewhere safe.~

"who is angel?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime2010-08-09, 17:47

Angel is the owner of the iron mermaid, a tavern near the main docks. I've been there once or twice, but a good friend of mine, Mac, used to be a frequent visitor. Mac told me he could trust Angel, and if Mac could trust her, then she's trust worthy believe me. Mac didn't trust just anyone.

There was a twinge of sadness in his voice as he thought about his lost friends. What had become of the rest of his group? He knew what happened to Sheldon and the Mage guards - crushed to death when the library collapsed. But what of the others?

They walked in the direction of the tavern, then stopped.

Where is it? He was in the right spot, he never got lost in the towns and cities that he knew. But the building that had used to be the iron mermaid was... gone....

In it's place stood a newly build shop. What had happened to the Tavern?

Dammit. Everything had changed!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A visit to see the sights.   A visit to see the sights. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A visit to see the sights.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next