Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A chapel visit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amarra

Amarra

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-01-14, 21:12

~lies on top of her bed staring at the ceiling and sighs softly to herself. She's spent entirely too much time here in the room, though she's not sure what else she should be doing with her time. She can't leave the fortress, not that she would even if she could, but there aren't many places for her to go within it, either. Especially given the reasons she can't leave. Her thoughts are as jumbled as her emotions, and she's long since given up trying to make any sense of those.

Finding no solace in the silence of her room, she decides it's time to visit the place that has been a consistent comfort to her, despite everything. She slips off her bed and leaves her room, glancing down the hallway to make sure she is alone before continuing on. She still remembers her run-in with Jared when he'd followed her to her room his first day here, and she's not about to let that happen again if she can help it. She keeps her head down and walks quickly, feeling, however falsely it might be, as if she's being judged by every pair of eyes that sees her go by.

When she finally reaches the chapel, she steps gratefully inside and chooses a place far to the back, away from where most people are likely to be. She kneels there and folds her hands in her lap, paying little attention to what else is around her. She doesn't pray, not in words, still afraid to do that after the last blunder she'd made, but she lets her thoughts dwell on the magnificence of the gods, and of one in particular, and lets herself be comforted in the knowledge that something out there is so much greater than she is~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-01-14, 21:34

*Angel was already within the impressive Chapel, kneeled in deep thought and prayer at the top of the altar. It was a serene sight. Her blonde hair was down, and fell past her shoulders, complimenting the white dress that was covered in rich lace. Her staff were waiting patiently and discreetly to the side, whilst the high priest gave his own blessings.

She was usually there at this time, and she had heard the door open and close. Without saying anything or looking up, Angel rose from her position and nodded respectfully to the older gentleman priest, then to the sky of the chapel.

Backing away from the main altar, Angel began to walk down the aisle, gesturing for her retinue to follow. Pausing at the pew where Amarra was positioned.

"Walk with me, Duchess Amarra."

She instructed, rather formally. The stone chapel was not the right place for casual conversation and so she walked onwards, expecting Amarra to follow.*
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-01-14, 21:41

~looks up, startled, at the queen's voice. She stands quickly and dips a brief curtsy, though the queen has already gone past, then hurries to catch up with her. She finds a place behind and to the side of her, close enough that she should see her from the corner of her eye but far enough to be respectful, and walks along with her in silence, waiting for her to speak when she feels it's appropriate~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-01-14, 21:55

*Waiting for the large doors to be opened for her, Angel stood straight, regal. Her hands were clasped neatly infront of her, resting on her stomach. It was clear her mind was in deep thought.

Finally the doors cleared and she moved forwards, her staff leaving with her. Angel looked to the side on which Amarra was walking.

"Lady Amarra, it is my intention to discuss with Jaric these present circumstances with you. I do not think it appropriate that he insists you stay here under such pretences."

There was something about Angel that was slightly different. Perhaps of late, she had seen too much misery.*
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-01-14, 22:06

~takes a few moments to think before replying softly. She tries to be careful of what she says, aware that they are not alone~

Pretenses, my queen? I don't understand. If the king believes what he has charged me with, then I'm grateful keeping me here is all he has done so far. In fact I'm grateful to be here at all. I would rather be in a prison cell here than free but in... other hands.

~pauses another moment, considering~

If you would rather I not be here, I would understand, after all that's happened.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-01-19, 15:09

continued in Messenger with Angel, Kinsen, and Amarra))

Rae says (3:21 PM):
"I do not expect you to understand, Lady Amarra. It does not matter if you don't." Still walking stiffly, Angel walked out into the courtyard, nodding to some familiar faces as she passed them. "Really, its not a case of if I want you to be here or not - its a case of the law, as you know." <d>
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (3:24 PM):
"I always expect the law to be upheld, especially here. What would you expect the king to have done?"~Her tone is not confrontational, just vaguely curious, as if she isn't talking about herself at all, but someone she doesn't really know.~
Embrace the Coda says (3:25 PM):
~Kinsen steps from his place outside the chapel doors as the troupe passes by, offering a silent nod to both women as he falls into step slightly behind Angel. noting the severity of tones, he keeps his greetings silent and his expression calm~
Rae says (3:35 PM):
Angel nodded to Kinsen and continued her slow walk, looking at Amarra. Quietly exhaling, she shook her head. "Truely? He did exactly what I expected of him, and I don't think I can hold it against him." With a small smile, she gave a little shrug. "I do not think anyone can presume to know what Lord Jaric will do next of course, since he always has another card up his sleeve." She rubbed her >
Rae says (3:36 PM):
< hands together against the cold and glanced to Kinsen. "Admiral, you'll know the answer to this. Has Lord Jaric ever let a prisoner go?" Angel smiled slightly, already suspecting she knew the answer.
Rae says (3:37 PM):
<d>
Embrace the Coda says (3:38 PM):
~kinsen offers a small smile. "Of course he has, my Queen." he nods again, taking time with his words. "But always of course for good reasons. You can't bargain with a corpse as collateral"
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (3:40 PM):
~nods respectfully to Kinsen but doesn't say anything. She seems to be back to her habitual state of confusion, not sure what's going on with herself or the others being held in Icehold, so she decides keeping quiet might make her less likely to feel even more stupid~
Rae says (3:43 PM):
Biting her lip slightly at this thought, her tone somewhat light hearted. She tried not to laugh. "Kinsen, I was trying to offer some sort of comfort...that wasn't the answer I thought you'd give."
Rae says (3:46 PM):
> She made her way into the warm building, inviting Kinsen and Amarra to follow down the large open stone corridor. "Well, if thats the case, we might as well eat lunch and be merry...before anything awful happens." Now she truely wasn't being much comfort for poor Amarra, but it was the least she could do.
Embrace the Coda says (3:52 PM):
~Kinsen steps aside for the others to enter and steps in. "Well, non-political prisoners, it really depends on what they've done." he chuckles softly. "And since to my knowledge lady Amarra has committed no high treason or unwarranted murders, she stands a chance of seeing friendly roads"
Rae says (4:00 PM):
With a small nod, Angel paused at the double wooden doors to the main room, waiting for them to open she said "Indeed...but we all know Vladamir and Bathory aren't going to like any of this one bit. Ralean or Amarra, perhaps won't bother them..but Jared? Especially since he's apprently been named crown prince...which upgrades your status considerably Amarra, IF you're deemed married to him."
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (4:03 PM):
"I am no princess." ~For the first time in the conversation her voice takes on a bit of emotion, a harsh sound, angry, but not at the queen. It vanishes with her next comment as she follows the queen~ " Do you know he came to my room after King Jaric dismissed us? He assured me that I would have plenty of time married to him to remain miserable."
Rae says (4:08 PM):
Walking into the throne room, there was a table prepared with a jug of water and three glasses. Taking a seat herself, she invited Kinsen and Amarra to sit with her. "Please, both of you, just help yourself..." Leaning back into her seat, Angel sighed. "I don't think you understand, Amarra. If you take the higher title, regardless of what Jared says...it probably puts you in a better position...>
< " She looked at Kinsen. "Wouldn't you agree?" <d>
Embrace the Coda says (4:10 PM):
"if she is princess, then she is worth a healthy ransom. But only so long as the title remains." he looks to Amarra "to be blunt, if he wanted, he'd force the prince to marry another."
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (4:12 PM):
~takes a seat but doesn't touch the water~ "The marriage is a lie. It never happened. I would have to lie to say it was true. Surely King Jaric at least would know it if I lied. How could I clain a title that isn't mine? Even if I wanted it."
Rae says (4:14 PM):
Taking the jug of water she poured it into everyones glasses rather than waiting for the staff to do it. "Its politics, Amarra...whether we like it or not."
Embrace the Coda says (4:18 PM):
"Kinsen nods at Angel's words, standing behind his chair. "And the accepted truth means as much as the honest truth. if you are the princess of the realm, then the title stands. especially in the eyes of the realm's king"
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (4:21 PM):
"The realm's king. King Vladamir? How long do you expect it will take before he or Queen Bathory, or Jared himself, decides to act on the knowledge that I betrayed them? Will my calling myself a princess and subjecting myself to Jared's whims make them any less within their rights, or desires, to punish me for what I've done?" ~shakes her head slightly~ "I can't imagine it would. Not with them."
Embrace the Coda says (4:27 PM):
"No, I can't imagine it will. But at least until they rescind the title, you are useful, to Jaric, and to them. When whatever plan they have for you must be changed, aye, you'll be punished, and with impunity. such is the risk of politics." he casually touches the haft of the mace hanging from his hip, an unconscious gesture. "With them, what can we call safety but a facade?" he looks at Amarra<c>
Embrace the Coda says (4:28 PM):
"But at least you, have a place in this game, with that ghost-crown over your head."
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (4:30 PM):
~sighs softly and picks up her glass of water, looking down into it but not touching it~ "How is that better than denying that ghost crown and letting myself be killed. At least that would end it quickly. If the king tells me to go back, I will, but I can't claim to go of my own will, any more than I could claim to serve Aegis again. What else am I to do?"
Embrace the Coda says (4:32 PM):
Kinsen lifts a brow, touching the holy emblem hanging from his neck. "You do what you can, while you can"
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (4:34 PM):
"A pawn has few options but to be moved around at the player's will. Who is playing this game? Who will win? I can accept being sacrificed for the right player..." ~looks up at Kinsen~ "How would I go about dedicating my life to the goddess?"
Embrace the Coda says (4:39 PM):
"It is merely a matter of faith. Dedication. Sacrifice." he nods. "You don't follow a prescribed path towards faith, merely acknowledge your destination and fight your way there"
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (4:42 PM):
~nods thoughtfully and goes back to staring at her water~ "I suppose, then, it's already done, as well as I can do it, and I just have to hope I end up in a position that will help Her win the game."
Rae says (4:44 PM):
Angel had been listening closely, taking a sip of her water. "Amarra, Kinsen is right. It does take faith, dedication and sacrifice..but it all takes time. I know you've willingly embraced our religion, but I wonder if Jaric thinks this might be because of your fear of Ava and Vladamir."
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (5:10 PM):
~looks down at the table to hide a wince~ "He probably does. I think it's clear he doesn't have a high opinion of me. But it doesn't change things. My decision would be the same even if I was free and safe. I'm not sure it would do me any good to try and convince him of that, but it's the truth regardless. And I don't expect it would change his actions, anyway."
Rae says (5:13 PM):
Leaning back in her chair, Angel exchanged glances from Amarra to Kinsen, still deep in thought about the whole matter. "I know its hard for you, when you don't really know whats going on Amarra...all I can ask is that you try to relax. There's simply nothing that can be done for now except wait."
Ralean/Kinsen/Catona says (5:14 PM):
~Kinsen nods in agreement with Angel. "Aye, patience."
Rae says (5:16 PM):
"Perhaps Amarra...you can take up a hobby whilst you are here? I know I did." She paused and laughed lightly. "Kinsen, I think Alex still has the god awful sword I tried to make on my own with the kiln. I had the temperature all wrong and bent the metal."
Ralean/Kinsen/Catona says (5:18 PM):
Kinsen chuckles "Aye the forge is humbling at the start. Especially since that man works steel like the finest clay." he looks to Amarra and nods. "Aye, it's best to make of the time what you can"
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (5:19 PM):
~smiles faintly at Angel's attempt to be comforting, and at her story of the sword~ "Is there anything I could do that might be helpful, somehow?"
Rae says (5:24 PM):
"Helpful? Hmm....yes. You can help set up for Mass each morning...there are certainly jobs you can do. But what is it that you enjoy?" Taking a sip of water, Angel smiled at Kinsen. "Alex has done some amazing work, he makes me feel a complete failure when it comes to metal in comparisson. My sword really was laughable, and worse still, I had thought it was quite good until Alex came in and >
< pointed out the flaws."
Nicolette/Myranda/Amarra says (5:33 PM):
"I like to... Well... I don't really know. When I first came to Aegis, I was doing research, and I liked that well enough. I've always been good at recording information. And of course doing anything in the water, but I don't think that's much of an option."
Ralean/Kinsen/Catona says (5:36 PM):
"We have loremasters here, keepers of our archives. we have healers, alchemists" he smiles slightly
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-02-25, 18:38

Archives?

~her face brightens a bit, despite herself~

Loremasters... I left home to learn about the world. If I could do that again, learn I mean, and do something useful while I was at it... And I'd be out of everyone's way. Can you think of any reason the king would disapprove? I don't want to make him angry again. I've caused enough trouble here already.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-02-25, 19:25

Makes his way towards the main throne room, and slowly approaches the table carefully where Angel, Kinsen and Amarra were sat. Kneeling before the Queen, he kept his head respectfully low.

"If you would excuse me for interupting, Your Highness..."

Jared cleared his throat, and assuming he had permission to speak, continued.

"I respectfully request a private moment between Lady Amarra and I...if its not too much trouble?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-02-25, 19:58

*Knowing that Amarra wouldn't appreciate it, but hoping that somehow Jared had something useful to say to her, she pondered briefly for a few moments and left him sat on his bowed knee. Then after glancing from Amarra to Kinsen, Angel finally focused back on Jared.*

"Very well Jared, Lady Amarra may be excused."

*She returned her glance to Amarra.*

"When you are both done talking, you are free to return back to me here if you wish, Lady Amarra."

*Angel gestured for Jared to get up with her hand, and turned back to the table, to look back at Kinsen.*

OOC Note: Amarra and Jared, could you please start a seperate thread so that I can continue the rp with Kinsen here? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-02-25, 20:36

~her eyes lose the light of interest they'd held a moment before, slipping back to a dull, distant look, as if she's not really seeing what's around her even if she's looking directly at it. She stands and curtsies stiffly to Angel~

Thank you, my queen, I will return.

~with a nod to Kinsen, she glances at Jared, then walks to the door, waiting just inside for him to finish before leaving the room~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime2010-02-25, 22:54

He watched Amarra's reaction to him and felt somewhat disgusted with her. He was sick of her "victim" routine. Yet, he said nothing of his thoughts, uttering thanks to Angel as he humbly left the room to follow Amarra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A chapel visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: A chapel visit   A chapel visit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A chapel visit
Page 1 of 1