Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)

Go down 
+2
Amarra
Jared Crimsonflame
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Empty
PostSubject: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 14:25

((Continued from Thunderlands Trip))

*The journey had been near enough agonising and he just couldn't wait to get out of the carriage and stretch his legs. Even though his eyes had been closed, Jared was far from sleep. All the rocking had kept him awake, yet he just wanted to be alone with his thoughts.

The carriage began to slow in pace, which caused him to blink. It was with relief that Rensain's mansion was there, and they were recieving entrace through the gates. *

"Finally! We're here...thank god for that."

*He began to straighten up his clothes and brush through his hair.*
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 14:45

~looks out the window at the mansion and somehow barely manages to keep from sighing. She and Rensain have never gotten along well at the best of times, and she has no reason to think this time will be any better. She can't help but wonder if Rensain, who always seems to know everything about everything, knows why she was at Icehold, and how he'll react when he sees her if he does. Still, getting out of the carriage for a while is a welcome idea. She follows Jared's example and combs her hair with her fingers, knowing that not much but a night's rest can erase the wrinkles and tangles of travel entirely but wanting to be presentable anyway~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 14:58

~Ral glances out the window with a wry smile and traces a hand along the stubble on his cheek, out of habit checking the weapons on his person for freedom of movement. he pulls back his hair and ties it with a simple piece of dark purple ribbon, checking the placement of the rose at his belt and then leaning back casually to await the carriage's stop~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 15:47

The carriage came to a standstill outside the doors, and Jared was the first to climb out. At this stage in the trip he didn't care that it was Rensains house or if he smelt bad. The sooner this was over with, the better.

Pulling the huge rope to the doorbell, he waited as it rang loudly over the noise of the booming Thunderlands. A servant came to the door, and Jared looked from the rope to him.

"Sir, inform the master of the house that his Crown Prince is here and will expect to stay for the evening."

Jared was blunt, but his mood had been soured and he was still trying to recover.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 15:56

Maire was seated with a cup of tea at the window. She was reading a list of herbs that had been deliveredthat morning. She had planned to use them for scented oils and bath salts and sachets for the storage of clothing. Her eyes moved to the window when she heard the rattling of carriage wheels outside. Rensain had not told her he had planned for any visitors so with her curiosity piqued she stood and placed her teacup upon a nearby table.

She quickly took a perusary glance at a passing mirror to make sure she was presentable and then stopped a servent." Tell Lord Caladore that we have guests, then make sure there is a tray of light refreshments and beverages for the main hall" She was unaware how many would be joining or how long they would stay but hospitality would not be a afterthought on her part.

A human servent stood ready at the doors and Maire nodded her head for him to open them. It hadnt been easy to get rid of the goblins but Maire had managed with immediate household staff to replace them with humans. They didnt smell and werent as reluctant and performed with precision their tasks.

When the trio would alight the door would open and a butler would usher them into the house where Maire waited to greet her guests. Inside a floor of highly polished cherry would greet them. Tasteful rugs would cover the center and wood paneling that would warm the rather large entry would give a clue that this was a elegant mansion . The ceiling would show open beams to the second floor and a fine wrought silver chandeler crafted with crystals to catch the many candles that it held twinkled. The stairway ascended on either side of the great entry to converge on a landing above. Tapestrys could be seen gracing the walls on either side. The landing then split into two hallways to the different wings of the upstairs.

The windows flooded the room with light during the day and they too extended to the top of the second floor. A fresco of stained glass sent shafts of color onto the floor below . Its background was in blue with twisting vines. The center of the stained glass window held the Caladore crest proudly displayed.

The smell of wax and lavendar would fill the room. The center held a table with a bouquet of white roses and lavendar which were Lady Maires favorites. Lady Maire herself would curtsy and then graciously smile as she spoke"Welcome to the Caladore mansion"
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 15:59

~Ral steps out of the carriage stretching his large frame in the open air and breathing deep, smiling slightly. Standing by the carriage door, he offers a helpful hand to Amarra as she climbs down, looking across to Jared with a grin, yelling over the noise. "My friend, be careful, you're starting to sound like a crown prince now too!"~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 16:06

~takes Ralean's hand with a grateful smile as she steps out of the carriage, then moves up behind Jared, letting him take the lead. She wasn't sure she liked how he spoke to the servant, but then again, she really didn't know how a prince was supposed to behave. Or how she was, for that matter. She stays quiet, even more surprised at seeing the woman come to greet them. She looks familiar, but Amarra can't bring her name to mind, so for the moment she only smiles politely and waits~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 16:10

~Ral closes the carriage door and walks by the front of the carriage, snapping the driver a smart salute and tossing him a few coins for that day's travel, making a short jest about the weather with him and guaranteeing him a warm meal and bed for the night.

Ral then turns back to Jared and Amarra at the door, moving to stand slightly behind then, waiting patiently~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 16:16

It had been some time since Maire had been to any function so though the face of Amarra and Jared were familar she couldnt quite remember their names. She wasnt sure she had met Ralean either. Her dark eyes looked at them questiongly and she introduced herself, trying to make them as comfortable as possible.

" I am Lady Maire, I sent for Rensain wont you please come in?" she looked especially to Amarra. " Lady you look weary, I take it the three of you have traveled a distance. I have refreshments being brought to the main hall. Come partake and quench your thirst should you have any and I am sure Rensain will join us soon"

The doorman would offer to take their coats as Maire waited for their introduction and perhaps a clue on their unexpected albeit pleasntly surprising visit. She and Rensain were not used to such.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 16:32

~Ral steps forward smiling graciously and bowing low, accepting Maire's hand and brushing his lips across the back of her knuckles. "My lady, your words and hospitality are appreciated nearly as much as your beauty." he smiles pleasantly. "Allow me to please introduce to you Jared Crimsonflame, Crown Prince of Aegis, and his Dear Fiance, Lady Amarra." He steps back and gestures to the pair, dropping easily into the role of a royal page, casting a grin to Jared and Amarra as he turns back to Maire. "And I am Ralean, and I find myself in your debt for your gracious hospitality for such weary travelers."~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 16:51

She nodded to Ralean and noted his fine manners. " Of course , a pleasure Lord Ralean. " She nodded to the other two," Prince Jared and Lady Amarra, we are honored to have all three of you in our home."

She moved to Lady Amarra" Lady if you wish to freshen up at all I can take you to my dressing room. The travel and the dust from said travel can certainly cause one to feel unkempt. Only if you wish it however. Gentleman let me get you settled with some refreshment and would you three be needing rooms for the night? I can get them prepared if you wish"

She turned and ushered them through the entry hall and into the main hall. Servants hadnt needed to be told that the hall should be made ready and quickly. A fire was beginning to take hold in the grand fireplace. A table with white linen was set and a various meat and cheese and bread and fruit trays were set upon them. Comfortable chairs were arranged in intimate seating arrangements around the room and vases with more white roses and sprigs of lavender graced tables.

The furnishings were rich but simple and elegant just the way Rensain and Maire liked them. " Please let the servents know your choice of drink and then feel free to eat if you are hungry" She glanced behind her to see if Rensain had entered yet. Her manner however was impeccable and she was every bit a hostess. She sensed however that Amarra was holding back and she wondered if she was just shy or wary or perhaps both.....
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 16:55

With a chuckle, Jared nodded at Ralean and then turned back to the Lady Maire as she spoke.

"Lady Maire, I thank you for your hospitality, it is much needed. We have had a hard days travel from Icehold..its not been pleasent. Please forgive my mood and my tone of voice if sounded brash."

He welcomed her invite of drinks and gladly stepped inside, admiring the decor and the furniture.

"So this is what its like to live like a Caladore?"

He was teasing, as he unclasped his cloak, holding out his hand towards Amarra to take her's from her.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 17:00

~slips her cloak from her shoulders and folds it once before handing it to Jared. She looks around the room, surprised to find it ready for them on such notice, and finds herself impressed. She notes that Ralean called her Jared's fiance and makes a mental note to ask Jared if the letter from King Vladamir made them officially married or if something else needed to be done to finalize it. As she listens to Maire, she smiles genuinely and glances down at her rumpled skirt, then speaks softly, still feeling uncertain~

Lady Maire, that would be most welcome, if it wouldn't be too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 17:11

{He had been firmly notified of the arrival of his new guest and he stood at the top of the stairwell, getting a wonderful view of all those present. His strong and firm eyes cast over each and every one of them. Leaning on his silver cane, Rensain tilted his head with the most endering of smiles.}

"Prince Jared and guests...welcome to my humble abode. I have been waiting to see you with much...anti..ci...pation."

{He dragged the words out as if they were rolling around in his tounge, all the while, he looked rather cheeky in his daper suit, ready for an evening dinner. Polished shoes glinted, as step by step Rensain took the stairs, his arm reaching out to take his sweet love, Lady Maire.}

"Let us retire to the main room...its rather lavish and comfortable, you'll notice. We'll sit by the warm hearth and you can all tell me of your travels. What happened whilst you were in Icehold?"

{The question was thrown out there for any to answer, but he walked ahead, expecting everyone to follow.}
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 17:17

She spoke to Jared answering him " Rensain has always appreciated elegance but I like to think I refined him." she chuckled " Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. Rensain and I are in process of getting married very soon. I am afraid we have been together so long that many suppose us married already." When Rensain appeared she smiled to him it was obvious that they shared a deep affection for one another.

Her countence showed that she was pleased that they felt warmly greeted. " We have never really had visitors before, I am so pleased you came by" she gestured to seating to the two gentleman" Please if there is anything that you wish just ask, and excuse Lady Amarra and I while I help her freshen up. I am sure you gentleman can entertain yourselves for a few moments"

She placed a hand on Amarras arm "right this way Lady Amarra. I do so know what long travel can do. For just sitting it is most wearing on the body and the mind" She led Amarra out of the main room and tried to make her feel comfortable with small talk."

" Your dress is very pretty. I was in Merridia a few days ago and bought some bolts of cloth to make myself some new dresses. I have been away from Aegis for a while and find I am quite behind in my wardrobe. I also bought some material for my wedding dress....have you any wedding clothes yet?" They came into the entry and went up the left side of the stairs and down a wide hall to Maires rooms.

The effort for light to be brought into the corridor was effective as it was bathed in natural light showing the wainscoating and the moulding. It was not ostentaseous but tasteful. Several doors down Maire opened up her dressing chambers and ushered Lady Amarra in.[left]
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 17:24

~Ral smiles at Maire. "Please, m'lady, dispense of titles with me. I am just a man, no more, and simply Ralean will do as it pleases you." he nods graciously at her offer of food and drink, catching a passing servant nd asking quietly that the carriage driver be given a warm meal and place to sleep, and the horses needs seen to, if it would please them, slipping a gold coin into the servant's hand as he turns back to the room. he glances up at Rensain, smirking. "I believe the word you were looking for is distaste, Rensain. All the same, m'lord, I am grateful for your hesitant hospitality, though I must say, you're not half as lovely a sight as the lady that greeted us at the door." he grins at Rensain's mention of icehold. "well, we all sat around with jaric, drinking tea and talking of our joyous youths. As you can guess, he didn't have much to interject."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 17:29

"You most certainly refined him, Lady Maire. This is a big improvement from the castle he used to own with those goblins. I used to run around that place as a boy...but that was when Mychael lived there to."

He paused, looking up the stairs to Rensain as he made his entrance. Raising a brow, he folded his arms and shook his head slowly with a grin.

"Not much has changed, Rensain...although it looks as though you have had a pay rise."

He followed everyone through to the main hall, taking a seat and glancing from Rensain to Ralean. Suddenly, he just felt tired. There wasn't much that needed to be said...only he had a thought.

"I don't suppose..in the morning you'd be kind enough to open up a portal back to Merridia palace, would you Rensain?"
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 17:53

~nods respectfully to Rensain, then with a quick glance at the others, she quietly follows Maire. She watches her surroundings curiously, not sure what to expect in the home of Rensain, and not one to have done much visiting herself over the years~

Congratulations to you and Lord Rensain. You two seem very happy. Will you be having a large ceremony? I don't have anything for a wedding, no. I did have something in mind, but that was a long time ago. I'm... I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get something made, if we'll be having a wedding.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 17:59

Maire and Amarra will continue their converstation in the thread "In Maires Chambers"))
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 18:09

{Rensain's mouth twitched into a proud smirk at Raleans mention of Maire and how lovely she is. He nodded in agreement.}

"She is indeed quite the prize, I agree. Lady Maire has much to offer, and hopes soon to open her business in Meriddia. She practices many arts. I adore how independent she is...our son, Marcus is to marry your sister Princess Claudia, Jared. A fine arrangement, I think. A great match."

{He lowered himself to take a seat, then rose quickly in rememberance.}

"Which reminds me, Prince Jared, congratulations on your latest nuptials. Your mother will be..delighted."

{Reching out and shaking Jareds' hand, he finally sat down and invited the other gents to do the same.}

"I had heard that you all had a long stay in Icehold, I'm curious what kept you there."

{He raised a brow as Jared requested the portal, glancing from him to Ralean.l}

"Well yes, certainly. Is there an emergency to take care of?"
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 18:14

~Ral sits after Rensain does, nodding, more serious than before. "Aye, we had a long stay there. And cold too, and I don't just mean the climate. We all know the storm is brewing, and the tensions thicken, but this..." he shakes his head. "This is no battle anyone wants part of." He looks between them all and laughs softly. "Although, I can't say everything about the stay was all that bad."

he glances to Jared at mention of the portal, catching Rensain's look with a shrug of ignorance.~
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 18:32

{Tilts his head mildly in Ralean's direction, disturbed only by the arrivial of drinks. He plucks one off the silver tray that the waitress offered up, a white wine. Listening carefully, his eyes narrowed, but he was oblivious to anything other than casual banter..or was he?}

"Tensions thicken, do they, Duke? That does not bode well..."

{Taking the lightest of gulps and relaxing into the chair, he shook his head.}

"Grave news, then...for what reason would there be not to get along? Surely no battles are needed."

{Placing the glass lightly onto his small side table he frowned at Ralean's chuckle. Not all bad? It baffled him, since moments earlier he had talked of battles and tension. Unable to stop it, his brow raised.}

"I'm confused. You just said there was tension...how could it have been not so bad after all? Do they have an excellent library collection?"

{He was using mild jest, but he was oblivious to the truth of the matter.}
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 18:42

~Ral nods slightly. "Aye, I'm sure the word got out that we were not there as guests, not in a traditional sense. We were prisoners, and we knew it. I can't begin to say why, or to what end things are geting twisted up." he looks to Jared and Rensain with a tired smile. "But I can tell you, this does not bode well for anyone with rank and title should this go unresolved. The brothers are having a tiff, but instead of settling it like common men, they wish to settle it as only kings could. I just hope their blood is thicker than their pride, or we may very well have a war on our hnds, gentlemen."

He glances to Rensain and offers an apologetic smile. "Forgive me, but I am Auroran as well, and the place felt like home, after a fashion. Aye, and there was a comely lass or two around, and that makes it less harsh, and much less cold." he gives a wink and grin to the both of them.~
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 19:20

{He had barely let go of his glass before calmly picking it back up again.}

"This concerns me. I warned Ava this would happen, the damn woman never listens and now everything will be thrown into chaos over a personal feud? I have no time for this...the realm cannot afford it. All we can do is watch carefully."

{The subject was one that had disturbed his mind for some time. His expression remained neutral, despite his worry. Taking another sip to ease his mind, he raised a brow at Ralean's comment about women and laughed, his tone light-hearted.}

"Ah, there's nothing like a good wench to lift your spirits, I suppose. But watch out, you'll actually find one that means something...isn't that right, Jared?"
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 21:06

He took his drink from the tray that was offered. He was desperate for a few gulps. It had been several hours since his last, and well, it had been a long day. Jared wasn't really laughing so much anymore.

"Comely lasses? Yeah, I think you found the most expensive one going, Ral. Good for you."

He got up from his chair.

"Its been a long day, I'd like to find my room and turn in for the night."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next