Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Training the People

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Willow

Willow

Training the People - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-25, 20:13

~she shook her head no~

"No they are going for a good cause. I can make more if need be. But these are one that I was bring back from my old home. I getting another delivery in a few weeks. They can keep these ones."

~she looked at the ground~

"Sorry about earlier. I ment no disrespect. He was being a jackass and needed to be shown not to never underestimate your opponent. Female or Male. Sometimes the meekness person can be your worse nightmare with the right weapons."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-26, 02:51

t killing.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-26, 15:27

((I think you or aegis ate your post...))
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-26, 16:15

He put his hand on her shoulder, and smiled at her.

You have our thanks for the weapons and armour. I'll try and find a way of thank you properly. I can make sure your next shipments get sent directly to Meriddia for you, if you wish.

It wasn't that he didn't want her around, it was just awkward with her and Indis being around.

And I also thank you for not killing the man. I don't mind people being taught a lesson, but I draw the line at killing.
Back to top Go down
Willow

Willow

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-26, 20:06

~she nodded and chuckled~

" I wouldn't have killed him...Yes a woman can tell when she is not wanted. Leon is picking up my next shipment so that is fine." ~she gathered the few things she had on the ground and went back to her cart. She climbed aboard and grabbed the reigns. She a few flicks of her wrists the two horses and cart were turned around and headed out and she stopped for a moment.

"Until we met again..if we do.." ~she whistled at the horses and then headed for the gate.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-26, 22:43

He had avoided looking into those eyes of hers; he knew she could put himunder a small spell whenever he did, and now he watched he leave without replying. A small sigh left his lips as the cart moved out of view. He knew they would meet again. Their paths were surely always destined to cross.

He turned back to Indis.

Well, that went well.

Even thought he said the words, he couldn't be sure if he meant the day's training in general, or talking to Willow.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-27, 00:09

~she followed not far behind him~

"do you mean willow or the training?" ~she had heard that small sigh from him. He was really starting to take to her. In a way she was glad but there was that part of her that just wanted to be alive again to be the one. To keep being the one...and not this new form.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-27, 02:43

Artimus stopped walking and turned around to look at his wife.

The training. I meant the training. Did you see there were people here who weren't at the tavern. Word had spread in only one night. People ARE interested.

He grinned at her.

I'm actually doing something right.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-27, 20:06

~she stopped and almost walked into him~

"Yes I did see there was new people."

~she tilted her head at him~

"You act like you do nothing right.. and that is not true.. Your heart is usually in the right place."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-28, 13:41

He turned and smiled at her.

Sometimes I do. Other times I make complete idiot of myself and do the wrong thing.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-28, 18:51

"Its what makes you human." ~she tilted her head to the side and smiled.~

~she looked to see if anyone was looking and wrapped her arms around him and kissed him.~

"And if you do the wrong thing you do try to fix it when you realize what you did."

"Plus when its us..it so much fun to make up." ~she grinned~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 00:07

He moved to a corner and kissed her back passionatly.

Yes, the making up is more than worth it.

He pulled back and looked at her.

All we need to do now is keep that damn woman away from me. I don't know what she puts in my drink, but it must be some kind of potion. Maybe she's in cahoots with Mrs. Rensain, next door.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 05:13

~she laughed~

"I am telling you its the green eyes that put you under a spell love."

~pulled him in for another kiss then kissed her way playfully down his neck then stopped when she hear someone coming. one of the locals looked like he wanted to talk to art.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 06:07

I do NOT react to green eyes!
He just managed to say as she moved in for the kiss, which he returned, then blinked as she broke it off quickly.

He'd failed to notice the person approaching. He straightened his back and smoothed his shirt a little.
The man asked what he was doing here all alone, and Artimus gave him some rubbish about enjoying the view. The man looked a little confused; there wasn't really anything to look at here, but didn't press him any further.
He was one of the men from earlier today, who seemed almost embarrased to ask about the training. Artimus promised him anything he said would be treated with secrecy, which seemed to ease the man a bit.
He spoke about the fact he didn't seem very good with the staff, nor the sword and his aim was off with the bow and arrow. Artimus remembered seeing his face now, noting at the time he had enthusiasm but no style. There was something familier about the face, but Artimus couldn't put his finger on it. Artimus asked if the man would like some private tuition, which seemed to be what he wanted, although he still insisted he would never be any good.

There are many ways of fighting, not all of them involve weapons. He told the man as he went to fetch some training equipment.

Artimus told him the story of his recent duel against an opponent who was larger and stronger then him, and how he defeated him using the power of his mind, by turning the man's advantages against him. He didn't name names until the end when he mentioned Tiberious's name by accident. The man's eyes widened. He asked if Artimsu really fought against him and won, which Artimus said he had, in a manner of speaking.

Artimus gave the bow and arrow to the man, and asked him to hit a target not too far away. The man aimed and fired, but the arrow missed it's target by a small distance. Artimus suggested the man adjust the way he held his drawstring, then asked him to do it once again, this time standing in front of the man, but out of the line of fire.
Once more the arrow missed the mark. This time Artimus adjusted the height of the man's shoulder, telling him to keep it straight and level as he released, then went to retrieve the arrows, noting they were both close to each other, he put his hand on the wall near the target - about the same distance as the arrows had been, but on the other side. Artimus told him to aim for that spot, ignore the target and aim for the hand. He kept his hand there as the man fired a third arrow, this one hitting the target.
Artimus smiled and walked back to the man.

This time, aim for the target directly, but close your left eye and open your right.

Sure enough, the arow hit the target. Not quite bullseye, but not far off. The man had been aiming with the wrong eye.

After a few more shots, now all hitting the target at least, Artimus moved onto simple sword play.
He suggested that the man look at the strengths of his opponent, and work out how to use those against him, giving him suggestions. Then he showed him a few simple moves and parrys, before they began to spar. After a while the man struck through Artimus' defences and got a direct hit, although Artimus would tell you he wasn't really trying to defend at all.

Time had passed, and the man was seeming a lot happier than when he had first arrived. He thanked Artimus and turned to leave. Artimus could wait no longer, and finally asked the man how he knew him.
The man said that many years ago, when he was a lad, Artimus had caught him stealing from a bakers shop to feed his poorly mother. He had been given an earbending, and told if he was ever caught doing it again he would be punished, and he had made sure he had never been caught again.
Artimus smiled, but had to ask.

Do you mean you just became a more careful thief?
The man just smiled and walked off whistling.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 13:06

~she watched the two the hold time she loved seeing him work. its one of the first things she noticed about him when she arrived at aegis.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 13:19

He waited as the man left, then turned to Indis.

Did I make a monster that day? He flashed his lop-sided grin at her and turned to leave.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 13:39

~she grinned~

"Not sure. But you might want to keep an eye on him."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 13:48

Did you happen to see that young girl? The one who started off with the sword then moved to the bow and arrow? She had darkish hair and green eyes.

He looked over at Indis.

Because I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 14:01

"wow but you sure could describe her and i didn't notice her. I was watching a few of the others."

~she looked at him~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 16:04

She works part time as a cleaner at the tavern on East street. I was just mentionign her, in case she slips something into my drink too.

He gave Indis his best cocky grin, letting her know he was joking.

So, what did you see?

Hopefully that was what, and not who. He didn't want his invisible wife using this training routine simply to stare at men's bottoms.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-29, 21:59

"There is potential in quite a few of them. Those I must say I was rather watching you. I love when you work like this. Its a part of you i fell for first. I love how you work."

~she smiled~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 04:06

He nodded in agreement to her first sentance.

The only person I was worried about was the one who came to see me. He just needs a little more practise. But the rest of them, with some regular training, should be exactle what I was hoping for.

He wasn't going to mention that he hoped the cleaning girl would need a little extra, personal tutition.

Let's hope the other people are just as good.

He knew there would be other people, those who couldn't make it today and would turn up another day.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 15:28

"Well I guess we will have to see. "

~she shifted her weight on her back foot.~

"So which tavern was that girl from."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 15:55

Artimus had started to walk back towards the main hub of the city.

Which girl? He asked in a way he hoped didn't make her think he'd been thinking about her.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-12-30, 18:35

"one of those green eyed devils that all want to poison you." ~she had a light tone in her voice.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training the People   Training the People - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training the People
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next