Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speaking to the People

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Speaking to the People Empty
PostSubject: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-11-24, 23:11

Artimus made hsi way through the crowded pub, and ordered a small drink from the tavern owner. He leaned over and asked if it would be alright to speak to the people inside, which it was, then he turned back and looked across the room.

Most of the men in here were dock workers and shop keepers relaxing after a hard days work. That was good, exactly what he wanted.
There were some women as well. Some with their husbands and others possibly just enjoying time alone, maybe with more on their minds.

He took a deep breath, noting his own wife next to him, although invisible to almost everyone here. But her presence at his side gave him strength.

He waited for a few more minutes, noting a few people giving him second glances as they recognised him; then he tapped the side of his glass and moved over to wards the fireplace against the back wall. The noise level started to decrease as more and more people turned to look at him.

If I could just have a few moments of your time...

This was stupid. He had faced certain death in combat before and never flinched nor been afraid. Yet speaking in front of a tavern of people was making him go into mild panic. At least Indis was with him.

This city has seen it's fair share of disaster over the years, but has always managed to rebuild. Yet not without loss.

He saw a couple of people turn away, they had possibly lost someone close to them in these disasters.

The city survives. You, the people are on the front line of any attack. Cape Salarain is the only port on this island, and the only logical first strike location for any invading force. Which is why the military send their best here to help defend you.

He was blabbering now. But he would get to the point.

But what if the military was called away. Who would defend the city then?

He made a short pause.

Many of you have the potential to be competant warriors, but probably feel you don't have time. No, you have your own lives. Jobs that need doing, families to support. But if some of you were willing to learn how to defend what is yours, then I am willing to teach.

It can be done in the city, at weekends so there is no need for anyone to stop their lives. All I would ask is a few hours each week. If you can give me that, I can make you into a shield for the city.

He gave another pause, letting it sink in.

It won't be easy, and I have no money to pay anyone who wishes to join. But I am willing to train you. Men, women. All of you. The more of you there are, the stronger the shield can be.
A single brick on its own can easily be moved. Many bricks together can be harder. You can be the bricks, I will be the mixture that holds you together. Together, we are stronger.

He paused to catch his breath and wait for any reactions.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-11-25, 00:03

~she smiled and gave art a great job hon look and moved over to him and ran a hand down his back.~

~she whispered~

"Great job baby."
Back to top Go down
Leto De Vries

Leto De Vries

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-11-30, 06:28

(Leto was amongst the crowd, disguised as usual. He often did this - he liked to get a feel for the mood of the town whilst out and about. He was out of sight of Artimus, but could hear everything perfectly. Keeping his face turned away from the front, he suddenly cried out)

"This man is right!"

(He hoped to get the crowd involved - he felt that this idea had some merit.)
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-11-30, 18:06

Artimus gave a shiver as Indis ran her hand down his back, and he smiled. He always loved her touches. His eyes scanned for the man who had spoken up. Was that? He couldn't be sure, as he'd only met the man briefly, but it did look like the Duke. Well that was good if it WAS him, he at least approved of what Artimus was trying to do.

He remained silent, eyes still searching the crowd. He was feeling a little more confident about this now.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 22:33

Artimus spent the next hour - or maybe it was several hours, he wasn't sure - talking to the various people in the tavern, discussing his plans in more details. There were some who called his plan stupid and futile and pointless, and there were others who were keen on the idea.

He noted a couple of arguments between married couples where one of them wanted to join but the other didn't want them to. He felt bad about causing them, but it couldn't be helped.

He ended up sat in a corner table, talking in small groups with the most interested people. He told them to tell their friends that might be interested, and arranged a time and date for the first training meeting.

It was only as the last of the interested groups left that he realised he hadn't seen Indis for a while. How long had she been gone? He touched the pendant.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 22:41

~she sat on the ground in grorr and was pulled to back to art. She misted back in and stood next to him but sat down next to him and leaned against him. she was trying to hide how worn out she was.~

"How did things go?" ~she softly said in his ear.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 22:46

Artimus looked at her as she appeared. Was that a line of sweat on her forehead? What in the nine hells had she been doing?

It went alright. Better than I could have hoped in some ways. Where did you go?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 22:49

~she took a breath~

"Well it seems I got called to the other necklace."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 23:01

Artimus glanced over at Jade who had done a good job at keeping out of the way. She was sitting at the bar. In fact, as he looked closer he noticed she seemed to be leaning on it quite heavily. He looked back to Indis.

Oh.

He didn't know why Indis needed to travel over to Jade when they were both in the same room, but didn't question her further.

You need to take it easy. It looks like travelling between them is taking it's toll.

He put his hand on her arm.

I don't want to lose you again.

He sounded concerned.

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 23:05

~she had been mingling with the crowd and have a few drinks. She was sitting at a barwith some random guy and they were sharing a bottle of whiskey. She kept playing with her collar pendent. as she was laughing and downing whiskey. She could feel it. She was reaching her limit. and starting to get tipsy. She started leaning on the bar quite a bit. She eyed her father in a back table as her mother showed up. looking little off.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 23:08

~she smiled~

"You know...Jade doesn't have the other necklace anymore...and am not going anywhere."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 23:13

He frowned.

She doesn't? Then...

He didn't need to ask the question. The answer was obvious once he thought about it. He sighed.

Mingling with the enemy? There was a very small lopsided smile as he said that, as if to show he didn't mean it.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-09, 23:24

~she nodded as she noticed things clicking for him~

"So to speak. We did alot of talking and he didn't like that i popped in on him. But I think he realized alot tonight when we talked."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-10, 11:20

Artimus gave a small smile at the thought of Indy popping up on Tiberious unnanounced.

Let's hope he wasn't doing anything Jade wouldn't like him doing.

He leaned back in his chair, a small wry smile on his lips.

So, what did you talk about?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-10, 11:57

~she leaned against him~

"Mostly about things that have happened to me in my past...I was trying to make him think about some of his decisions when it comes to wanting to leave Jade behind when this war hits. He was thinking about sending us all off and him staying behind to fight...I told him about one time when I should have listened to my heart and didn't but that was a long time before I got here. Told him alittle more about the blood abilities Jade has. I think he might respect you more now then he did.."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-10, 12:22

He frowned slightly as she mentioned discussing the blood abilities, but said nothing. He knew she knew how he felt about other people knowing what Jade could do.
But the news that Tiberious might respect him more surprised him.

Respect me? What did you say?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-10, 15:21

~she looked up at him~

"he knows you had the vial at your spar with him. I told him you didn't use it. and there was a few other things we talked about. I think he understands things alittle more. I just hope it really got to him enough to really think about things."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-10, 18:43

Of course I wasn't going to use the blood. I haven't been able to test it fully to control it. Besides, I didn't want him trying to find out about it. You know how he likes a mystery to solve. If I was suddenly able to control water or air he would want to know how. And that may have put Jade in danger.

He sighed slightly.

Of course I didn't know how strongly he felt about her then. Maybe, knowing what I know now, I might have used it.

He had to admit, if there was a mystery to solve, he could usually sniff it out and solve it. he had to give him that much.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-10, 21:35

~started to get upset some~

"He needs to know. If he is going to be involved with her...he needs to know how special she is the end of the line..I was the last of the pure line and look what happened to me.." ~there was an upset edge to her voice.~

"All what happened to my people was my families fault... I fixed it.. but when i took the revenge I knocked our numbers down to just me.. there was only 6 of us that survived most of what we thought was a war... but my uncle..*there was a growl to word uncle* Sold the whole village for our blood...He killed my parents and told me it was these people who supposedly attacked us. When it was him and is damn machines. Draining us of all our blood. He made me...what I was...then finding out the truth years later after I had become this... warrior to fight something that was never there to begin with....*she flickered..she was already worn out from tibs convo. and this was upsetting her again... she was starting to loose it.*
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-11, 02:59

Artimus could hear the hurt in her voice, and see her starting to flickering. He put his hand on her arm once again trying to calm her down.

Hey, it's alright. He spoke in a calming voice.
That was before I knew how he really felt about Jade. I thought he was just using her the way he used most women. But now I've seen it's different. He cares, and if you trust him then I do too. He wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

He ran his hand up her arm, trying to comfort her.

Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-11, 10:14

~she knew that she always calmed him down now he was having that effect on her. she wrapped herself around him holding him tightly.~

"Am sorry...i have brought up so many old memories...wasn't expecting....such a emotional response.." ~if she could have cried she would have been. She just held her cool body against him.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-11, 14:55

He held her close to him, aware no one else in the tavern could see her.
He spoke in a soft, comforting voice.

Don't worry. I'll teach him a lesson for making you relive those experiences again.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-11, 15:17

~she looked up at him~

"I did it. I wanted him to know. That i knew his choices would be hard and I understood them and that to really think about what was important. More then his duty...my duty once cause me someone special many many years ago."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-12, 00:56

Artimus frowned once more.

You really think you can make him abandon the island? To stop fighting? He lives for this sort of thing, I bet secretly he's happy there is going to be a war!

He shook his head, feeling a small pang of disgust.

I don't think he'll ever stop his duty. After all, his duty was worth more than our friendship. Though I don't see why he didn't tell Mac and Louis where I was, rather than let them stumble around in the dark for all those years.

That last sentance was said almost as a throw away. He had never told Indis that Tiberious knew where he had gone.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime2010-12-12, 11:44

~she sat up and looked right at him~

"What??? HE KNEW!!! YOU TOLD HIM!! OH I SEE TELL HIM AND NOT ME...." ~She yelling so loudly suprising that no others heard it. She kept looking at him as she flickered alot more then she ever did. ~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking to the People   Speaking to the People Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking to the People
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next