Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What really happened to Jade???

Go down 
+3
Erika Vigdis Farstrider
Artimus Morningstar
Jade Blake
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:09

Artimus ducked as the blade swung dangerously close to him, then still crouching he took a step forward and half turned, pushing his shoulder into Louis's chest.
Back to top Go down
Louis Farstrider

Louis Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:10

~The damn man was too close to use the sword effectively. he took a step back as Artimus pushed him, but remained upright and pushed back, kicking at his legs hoping to trip him.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:12

Artimus was still half-crouched as Louis tried to trip him. Exactly what he wanted. He flipped his sword to point downwards, and stabbed at the incoming foot. The position he was in, Artimus had a very good aim at the foot.
Back to top Go down
Louis Farstrider

Louis Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:13

~He jumped back as he realised what Art was doing, Art's blade missing his foot, but he stumbled slightly on landing. He swung the sword, using both hands as he had all along, aiming for Art's left thigh.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:18

Art's blade jabbed into the floorboard. He pulled it, but it was stuck. His eyes caught the movement of Louis and he let go of his weapon and dropped to the floor, left leg extending out as he went down, aiming to hook the leg around Louis's knee.
Back to top Go down
Louis Farstrider

Louis Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:20

~He smiled as he realised Art had no weapon, then cursed as the bastard avoided his sword yet again. He felt pressure from behind his knee as Artimus made contact. He half turned and stabbed the sword downwards, the same way Artimus had done to him moments before.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:21

Artimus saw his leg go where he wanted, and he twisted it and bent his knee to form a hook, which he then used to pull Louis over onto his back. By twisting his leg, and his body, he avoided the falling blade.
Back to top Go down
Louis Farstrider

Louis Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:23

~He fell back with a loud crash as Artimus pulled him off his feet. He still held the sword, which was a bonus. He paused for a moment as the pain washed over him, then spat out a tooth. Was that a trace of blood on that tooth? He started to get to his feet.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:25

The moment Louis was falling, Artimus let go with his leg and flipped his whole body up, using his back as a springboard, to land gracefully on his feet, in a crouching position. He stood upright as Louis started to get up, and a small smile formed. He turned to the Duke.

The one who draws first blood from the other first will be declared the winner?
Back to top Go down
Erika Vigdis Farstrider

Erika Vigdis Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:34

~she cracked her knuckles as she looked at louis and then glared at art. I am so going to kick his ass one day. She took a deep breath she knew she would get her chance. I so need to beat my practice dummy.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 14:39

~she walked off the stairs and had moved over by Tib watching the fight she had made fists during the fight and taking deep breaths watching. Smiling as she watches louis spit out a tooth.~
Back to top Go down
Leto De Vries

Leto De Vries

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 16:58

(He nodded at Artimus' question.)

"I hope that you've now gotten at least some of that hot air out of your systems gentlemen. The Aurorans will be coming whenever our King decides to insult them just that one step too far, and this is the last thing we need - a house divided."

(He walks over to Artimus first)

"I know not about what crimes you've committed in the past - but you've done me no wrong, so as long as you are in Salarain you and your daughter may have sanctuary. If I find that this trust has been misplaced, I will kill you myself."

(He turns to Louis and speaks as he walks)

"You've shown great dishonour in this business corporal - the attack of a man and his family? Very shameful. As I said, I don't doubt he has a colourful history, but as a member of our prestigous armed forces, it is your job to uphold the letter of the law - not discard it as and when you see fit."

(He paused and sighed)

"However, you've shown you have some mettle, and you seem regretful of your actions. I will spare your life - and even allow you to retain your commission, if you assure me off two things. Firstly, I want you assurances that this business between the two of you is over. If I find out otherwise, the same applies to you - you will die by my hand. Secondly, you don't seem the magical type to me - who furnished you with the ability to weave this enchantment?"
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 22:23

~he had spotted Jade as she walked down the stairs, and tried to keep his expression neutral. Damn she looked good in those clothes. He turned to Erika as she spoke to him, ignoring her comments about his women. He also hoped Jade didn't hear, or read too much into it either.~

~His attention went back to the fight as jade walked over to him, once more keeping his expression neutral as Artimus lost his weapon, then tripped his brother up. Damn man. Louis needed some more training he realised. Maybe the loss of his eye was messing with his perception. He'd speak to Erika about that, she could teach him a thing or two.~

~Once it was over he turned his attention back to the Duke as he spoke. War with Aurora. That wouldn't be pretty.~

"Those paladin are formidable opponents." ~was all he added to the discussion~

Last edited by Tiberious Farstrider on 2010-10-28, 08:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 23:02

~At the mention of war she put her hand mindlessly to her collar pendent as she stepped back a moment. She was still wearing her fathers pendent but it hung down on her more. She leaned against the wall behind tib. Her breathing getting a little rough and anxious feeling starting to overcome her. As she closed her eyes. Trying to control herself and she was starting to lose. Her breathing becoming a little heavier.~
Back to top Go down
Louis Farstrider

Louis Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-27, 23:16

~He got to his feet, fist balling as he realised he'd lost the fight. He turned to look at the Duke and nodded.~

"Very well." ~he said in reply to the assurance of not hurting Artimus.~
"I have a friend in Draco, long since retired from mage duties, who owed me a favour. He created the potion - and the antidote - for me."
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 08:23

~He felt Jade tense beside him, and turned to her slowly, then started to look concerned as he realised she wasn't well. ~

"Jade, are you alright?" ~His voice held non of his previous unemotionless tone as before; he sounded totally different, almost caring and concerned.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 08:34

Artimus walked over to the sword and pulled it from the floorboard, grimacing slightly as it came free. He walked back to the Duke as the Duke spoke to him, offering him sanctuary.

I thank you, it will be good to be able to walk the streets of the city again without looking over my shoulder.

He held the sword lengthways, looking down the blade to check the point was still straight, then he offered the sword back to Duke.

I hope I haven't damaged it.

It was then that he felt a wave of emotion from Jade, and turned to her, seeing Tiberious put his arm around her.

Jade?

Was that actual emotion from Tiberious there?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 10:54

~she looked up at Tib. Then over to her father. She was still freaking out.~

"I.. need some fresh air.." ~she looked at Tib. She hoped he would come with her but knew probably wouldn't with the duke and duty going on.~

~The feelings of being scared and worried coming over her... war... war... meant she could loose someone else she loved..or more then one...she could end up all alone again...The last time..lost my mother...Now I could loose my father and tib...or maybe even myself and leave them alone...~

Back to top Go down
Leto De Vries

Leto De Vries

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 12:09

(He turned to face Jade, but didn't approach, not wanting to overwhelm her)

"I know war is frightening. I know that you care about the people close to you - but war is no evil. War is a beacon of hope in a night of eternal darkness. Better to stand together than to wait for death to be brought to our doorstep."

(He drew in a deep breath - it had been some time since he had last told this story)

"Many years ago, I was an orphan - abandoned and left in the care of a great man - a kind and gentle man. A true man of peace. For years, all was well, and I grew into a strong young man."

(Under his dark hood, he looked visibly upset at the recollection)

"Then one night, our world collapsed. Black, hideous daemonic things materialized out of thin air. Most of our people were torn apart. The screams.... to this day I still hear them. My father fought bravely, but he was no warrior - none of us were. I remember the look on his face when the creatures ripped him apart like a piece of festering meat."

(He paused, single tear running down his cheek)

" I was wounded, but I survived. I know not why, but my body cannot tolerate sunlight, hence my attire. Since that night, I've trained, and swore to myself that I would not let anything happen to me, or my family."

(His voice became strong)

"Aegis is my family now! And ill be damned if we let petty squables divide us! My brothers and sisters, if we are united - we are unstoppable, and need to fear no evil!"
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 12:39

~she listened to his story. As she decided to explain why she was freaking out.~

"My mother was a dutchess here at the cape for a short time. She went to a party at Draco. The Golden Library there was attacked by a Dracolith she was trying to help everyone but the library collasped on her and others. At the time it was only her and me. She sent for me I was in another realm where I had grown up away from here. I got here the following day to find out that she had been killed. I was alone. Not knowing anyone around here. My Father had left the realm just before he knew that my mother was carrying me. So he had no idea about me. I didn't even know if he was still alive but until recently when he returned. This is why I hate the thought that I could loose Tiberious or my father or both." ~she was fighting to not completely break she was cracking a few tears running down.~ "Or what if I get lost. And cause them to hurt. "~she looked at tib and took a deep breath.~ "I haven't had enough time with either of them." ~she then looked to her father. and half smiled.~ "So that is why when hearing war... it gets to me."
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 15:38

~He pulled Jade in for a hug as she finished speaking, but looks at Leto.~

"I stand by you, as do all those under my command."

~He glanced down to Jade, still wrapped in his arms~

"I know you won't like it, but duty is duty."

~He turned towards Louis and Erika, asking the question without saying a word.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 15:59

Artimus looked at Jade, but stayed where he was as Tiberious smothered her. He didn't want to commit himself to going to war. Instead he looked at the Duke.

I have to agree with my daughter, but rest assured I'll always do the right thing. Khar... Duke Serafin knows where to contact me. He paused. If I have your leave?

He looked over at Tiberious.

I'll need my property back, Lt.

Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 16:03

~He kept her in the embrace, not even looking at Artimus.~

"I would appreciate it if you showed a bit more respect to your daughter. She is NOT property! And it's up to her to decide if she wants to go with you or not."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 16:05

Artimus frowned and narrowed his eyes.

I was meaning my sword belt....
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-10-28, 16:32

~she relaxed once his arms were around her and held on to him tight as she sniffed alittle.~

"I know. Duty is Duty." ~she said softly to tib.~

~snuggled into his arms as he just spoke her to her father about her not being property.~

~she softly spoke to Tib~

"I know you will go and if this war will be as big as i think it will with the major powers going at each other. We all are going to be involved. I just want you back to me." ~a single tear falls from her eyes. as she talks to herself. pull yourself together. you have to be stronger then this.~

~she then pulled back alittle and pulled off her fathers pendent and smiled and handed it back to him.~ "Your going to need this back dad."

~she then looked up to tib and took a deep breath.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What really happened to Jade???   What really happened to Jade??? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What really happened to Jade???
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next