Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Every journey begins with that first hard step...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Giligian

Giligian

Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-26, 01:11

~~Gil laughs and stretches himself. "I haven't been in a fight that's killed me yet, so I'm willing to take my chances." he winks and looks around, nodding. "Aye, it smells like rain though, and I hate traveling in the rain." he offers his arm to Jade with a smile. "Well, I had a date with some fine whiskey and a warm bed, but it seems the company of a beautiful woman would suit me better, if that's what you're asking." he frowns a moment. "That came out sounding terribly forward, didn't it?" he chuckles, shrugging. "Y'know what I meant, I think."~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-26, 12:59

~she smiles~

"well I love rain but when you have your gear all on you it does tend to make traveling worst."

~Takes Gil's arm~

~and chuckles softly at his comment about a beautiful woman and as he frowned about it a smirk played on her lips.~

"Yes I do know what you mean."
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-26, 18:17

~~Gil laughs. "Sitting, walking in the rain I don't mind, when I can get a roof over my head when need be. But weeks at a time in the damnable stuff, slopping knee deep through mud, shivering your arse off without a fire because all the kindling, aye, everything, is soaked to the core, and hoping a bit that the next set of brigands was smart enough to steal a covered wagon or a tent or two. Aye, that's where rain is the worst." he chuckles deep, patting her hand with his own.

he begins to walk them down a randomly selected corridor, looking to her. "What are your plans for the evening, Jade? I'd hate to think i'm keeping you awake, if you need rest."~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-26, 23:26

~ walking with gil down the corridor she places a loose piece of hair behind her ear.~

"My plans are up for anything. I thought the bath would of made me tired but it actually woke me up more. thus my walking around outside. "

~she smiles~

"Did you say something earlier about a fine whiskey? I could use a night cap. "
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-27, 11:36

~~Gil laughs. "Well, perhaps we can find something to ease our boredom. And aye, whiskey. Fine, dwarven, properly aged. Not remotely Nexan, but it does in a pinch. The Nexan stuff...now THAT we save for special occassions. Or for when you want to get blistered in a hurry." he laughs. "Ralean and I have been trying to brew it here, but the local flora doesn't give it the same punch as it did back home. we've had some promising samples, to be fair, ad stronger than most of the swill they make here. Just don't tell the barkeeps I said that, eh? But we have some few bottles in reserve that Ralean somehow had the foresight to hide away." he smiles, losing himself a moment in memories of Nexus, the old tattoo on his arm almost itching, just with the memory. He looks to Jade apologeticaly after a moment of silence. "Aye, yeah, sorry about that. Nostalgia and all." he gestures with his free hand as he turns down a corridor. "If you'll follow me then, miss, we'll get some fine whiskey to go with the fine company!"~~
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-05-27, 22:43

Lilith rolls her eyes at the sight of the flirtatious two. She places the dagger in her vest pocket and goes to follow down the steps and back to her given chamber.

After using the front way to get back into the room, she decides that bathing formally would be best after having done so in lakes, rivers, whatever water she could find. She undresses, throwing everything to the floor and runs the water. The warmth overtakes her and puts her at ease. After washing the nooks and crannies, she steps out, her hair saturated with water, and moves to lie in the bed with nothing but her chain and her hair tie. Passing her vest on the floor, she thinks about grabbing the dagger and keep it lying next to her. She moves to get it and tosses it lightly onto one side of the bed. Walking over to the bed, she slowly reaches for the covers and envelopes herself in the cushions. Surely enough, her dreams begin to engulf her.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-06-02, 22:24

~she smiles as Gil talking about the Nexan stuff. and laughs with him. ~

"Might have to try some of homemade stuff."

~smiles~

"Its good to remember the good times. and I like hearing about it." ~smiles~

~following Gil down the corridor~

" Lead the way Good Sir."

~she always liked to be around Gil. specially after the last time they had met. She had gone thru some of the solider training around but didn't quite fit in around the soliders. That is why she had left to figure out a few things and also visit the queen to get things from her mom that she had left behind. she was glad to be back around Gil for as long as she could be... if they decided to take her or not...~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-06-05, 11:00

~~Gil chuckles. "Dear, to be fair, I'd hate to see you that drunk. It's hard enough to look after someone when they aren't blistering drunk." he grins to show he is simply teasing her.

he nods as they walk. "For sure, the good times were just that. Aye, and we were stupid and reckless too. And back in Nexus, it was hard. harder than any of the living I've done here, and there I was fortunate. It's funny, I don't think I ever met Ralean when we were home but I know we both chewed a lot of the same ground, fought a lot of the same battles to survive." he smiles sadly and sighs softly. "For all the splendor, this place is not home."

he suddenly grins, the nostalgic sadness sweeping from his face as they reach his door. He opens it, stepping into the darkened room, habit causing his hand to fall to a blade. he moves around the room, comfortable in the darkness, muttering for a flint to light a torch or get the fire going, not wanting to roust a servant at this hour for the simple task of lighting a fire. he grins back at Jade, in the darkness. "If you'll pardon the wait, unless you'd rather just walk about, getting the fire going may take me a moment."

there are sounds of rustling and creative cussing from where he is shuffling through a dense collection of things in a drawer of his desk.~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-06-05, 16:34

~she tried to make a serious face as he was teasing her but couldn't help but smile.~

~she watches him react to what he was saying and thinking. ~

"Can you ever go back to Nexus?"

~stepping into the darkened room she stood by the door as her eyes adjusted it was a good thing her part elf sight kicked in she could see fine still alittle dark but she could see. she could help but chuckle softly hearing him~

" Gil do you need help...you know i can see fairly good in the dark being part elf."
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-06-12, 21:53

~~Gil looks over, chuckling. "Aye, it isn't my night vison that's getting to me, it's the location of that damn flint." he looks down a moment, and straightens, raising his hand with a grin. "aye, here it is. little bastard." he moves to a torch, and pullng his knife, strikes the flint until a spark catches, slipping the flint into a pouch and the knife back into his boot. he lifts the torch and takes it to the fireplace, quickly adjusting the wood and using the torch to light the fire, taking a moment to place logs on it.

he sits heavily in one of the large padded chairs in the room, his frame sinking into the cushions, and he lifts the bottle and places it ont he table. he smiles to her. "make yourself at home, please."

he sighs a little. "You asked about Nexus. No, there is no hope of returning, not anymore. Ralean and I...we're the last of the Nexans. The last two. There was a third, but...well, he died fighting the dracolich." he leans back in his chair with a shrug. "Ralean is the only family I have left anymore. I don't like contemplating that. It's a bit on the depressing side, you know?" he looks to her and nods a little. "You do know. I suppose you're no stranger to that emptiness then."~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-06-13, 12:29

~she smiles and nods as she makes her way the chair closest to Gil and sits down leaning back against it. As she takes a deep breath. and listens to Gil talk about the nexus.~

~as he talks about being the last one she starts to blink back a tears not wanting to let him see she rubs her eyes alittle.~

" Yeah I do know...but at least you have Ralean." *sighing softly* " So how about that drink?"
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-07-17, 00:13

~~Gil nods and stands again, shuffling to a shelf and returning with a pair of glasses. He sets one near Jade, and another near his seat. he lifts the bottle, opening it slow and taking a short smell to assure himself of the quality before pouring her glass, and pouring his own.

He walks beside her, one large hand gently resting on her shoulder a long moment before he squeezes her shoulder in a gentle, understanding sort of way and returns to his seat,pouring himself a glass before placing the bottle in the center of the table and sitting heavily, smiling at her in the low light from the fire.~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-07-18, 02:16

~she smiles softly up at him as he gives her shoulder a squeeze. as she watches him as he sits. picking up the glass and swirling alittle as she brings it up to her lips taking a small sip at first. then looks at the fire as she takes another drink.~

" Thanks Gil. Its really good to see you again." ~playing with a loose piece of hair absent mindedly. then stops when she realizes what she was doing. and takes another drink looking to the fire. Being around Gil made her feel safe and almost like home. she blushed alittle as thoughts ran thru her head of that first night.~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-12-16, 01:03

((Really sorry for the long absence. RL got in the way))

~~Gil smiles pleasantly. "It is indeed good to see such a friendly, pretty face. There aren't many in these parts." he drains his drink in one gulp, smiling to himself and closing his eyes, enjoying the warmth in the room~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-12-16, 04:42

~she blushed again as he said what he did. and she took another drink finishing it off. she placed the glass down and stared into the fire. Every so often sneaking a glance at Gil. Just watching him. As she starts to doze off. drifting into a soft sleep in the chair.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Every journey begins with that first hard step...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3