Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Every journey begins with that first hard step...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

Every journey begins with that first hard step... Empty
PostSubject: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 16:57

~Ral arrives at a small postern gate, waiting for the small gate to be opened and entering the castle grounds, riding towards the keep. As he nears the stable, he slides to the ground before the animal stops moving, handing the reins to a stable boy and making his way on foot to the keep. Along the way he catches a passing page, sending the boy after Ral's own advisors, telling them to meet him in the main chamber.

Upon arrival, he meets them road-worn and travel-stained, a sight they are not unaccustomed to, informing them that he would be away and to carry on as usual. With his propencity for absence due to his other duties and obligations, the meeting was a mere formality. after they assured him of the continued smooth functioning of his city, he dimisses them to their places, resting heavily a moment in his place at the head of the table. he brushes a few stray strands of black hair from in front of his face, laughing softly to himself. After a long moment he pushes himself to his feet and makes his way to his chambers.

Disdaining servants he draws water himself to bathe, taking his time to rinse the dirt of travel from his body, and to shave. Stepping from the bath, he feels refreshed, running a hand along his now-smooth jawline. Stepping into his chambers, he dresses himself simply in shades of grey and black, tucking the purple rose into his belt opposite the shadow dagger, and right next to his family blade. draping a silver-white cloak of auroran wolf's fur across his shoulders, he pulls his hair back with a piece of ribbon. pulling on a fine pair of well-fitting gloves, and tall black boots with hard soles, he looks the very image of a confident, dignified leader. adjusting the chain around his neck he touches the ring on it, under his tunic, his family ring, the one promised to lady Paige upon their betrothal. He smiles a sad smile and makes a mental note to begin to prepare equipment and animals for the long journey he expected.

Making his way through the keep, he mentions to a servant he will be upon the battlements if he is needed, and makes his way alone to the spot where the dracolich had attacked, steping upon the harsh contrast of new stone. He greets the guards upon the walls in the darkness, laughing and joking with each man, calling them by name and sharing stories and advice, listening attentively about their wives and children.

As he walks, he looks down onto the grounds, gouges from stone blocks evidenced in the ground. he sighed. Another of his failures. he stares a long moment at the ground, and begins a slow, methodical walk back to ground level, making his way towards the gardens, a place few but himself entered anymore. It was growing slightly more wild, more natural, and it lent a kind of solitude and natural wonder to the place. Near the center stood a towering oak, and it was to this place he went for solitude, looking up at the towering branches under the open night air.~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 21:12

~~Gil arrives at the castle shortly after Ralean, leaving his horse at the stables as well, grabbing the bottle of liquor from his saddle bag. he does not bother looking for Ralean, knowing the Duke would send for him in his own time, even though he was curious about this business in Icehold. he goes to his rooms, finding a large, comfrotable chair into which he settles his bulk, stretching his legs out in front of him and opening the bottle in his hand. he takes a small swig, the warm fire racing down his throat and he sighs appreciatively, closing his eyes and settling back in his chair, facing a window that is open to the night sky. He props his legs up on a nearby table, pulling off his shirt and tossing it haphazardly aside and taking another drink, just allowing himself to relax, a content smile on his face, waiting for word to arrive of guests or Ralean's request for his presence, perhaps hoping for a quiet night of rest. Thoughts run in his head, this business of adventure. What was that? Not that he would complain, he relished the idea of some time out under the open sky, living the old way. he chuckles in the darkened room, his eyes shining like a cats, and he wonders if there was more to this than it seemed. perhaps soon he'd find out.~~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 21:26

"Not bothering you, am I?"

*Came Angel's voice from around the huge tree, her voice greeting him lightly with a smile as she appeared. Her cloak covered the clothing she wore underneath, and shadowed most of her figure, but her silver blonde hair was unmistakable against her pale skin and twinkling blue eyes of kindness.

Much could be asked, how she got there..why she was there. She knew it would confuse Ralean, the risk she was argubly taking. Yet there she stood, rather relaxed given the circumstances.

The air was crisp, and her breath could be seen as a mist. It evidenced that she was truely present.*

"I came to..breathe, as it were. I needed to get away for but a few moments, should you find it inappropriate, I shall leave."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 21:39

~Ralean looks over and shakes his head, snapping a fist to his chest in salute. "No, my Queen, there is no bother." he smiles thinly, looking back up to the stars overhead. "Only coming here to breathe, and ponder too."

he looks to her, and chuckles. "I can't imagine it's easy, doing what you must, not because it is what you desire, but because it is your duty. Sometimes, you just need to get away." he looks at her and tilts his head, the blue-flecked grey of his eyes shining. "But why here?"~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 21:55

*As he reached out and snapped a salute, Angel wanted to tell him it wasn't necessary, yet she refused to insult him with such a comment. In her heart, she didn't want him to see her as "Queen" yet, thats the weight that was born now and she forced herself to remember it.

However, it had not stopped her arrival there. With a small smile, and a tilt of her head, she allowed her hair to fall casually to one side.*

"Then mayhaps we can ponder together, Duke?"

*It wasn't an explanation of any sort, as she moved closer and sat down, returning his smile with geniune sincerity. Angel glanced up at the sky and listened to his comments to being duty bound.*

"Its never a burden, I chose to take on the role..I'm honored that Jaric found me so capable in such a position."

*Then she shrugged, realizing that really, there was no point to games.*

"Titles suit me just as well as they do you, Ralean. I wasn't born into it, and its been hard to adjust to. I came here...for strength, for my citadel can only provide silence, the gods never talk back and the nobles answer how they think I want them to. I suspected you'd understand the confines of it all."
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:01

~with her horse in tow she walks up to the castle gates and speaks to a guard.~

" Sir, Duke Ralean has invited me to stay here. can you point me to the stables so i can house my horse while here."

~he pointed to the direction of the stables.~

" Thank you sir." ~ she walk to the stables and hand her horse to the stable hands.~

~grabbing the saddle bags with her things in them she walks to the castle looking up at it~

whispers outloud," Two castles in a week." She comes to the door and knocks and steps in as the door is opened.

"Good evening. Duke Ralean has invited me to stay here. I am Jade Blake." she said with a smile as she pulled a few loose hairs out of her face.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:11

~Ralean remains standing, nodding, and he laughs softly. "Aye, I understand. I fear that they forget we're just people after all." he plucks the purple rose from where it is tucked in his belt and lifts it to eye level. "This is something I did not ask for, this castle is the same. But they were burdens it was and is my duty to bear." he begins to pace slowly back and forth in front of her, shaking his head, some of his black hair falling into his face, one hand resting on the hilt of his sword, the other holding the rose.

"It's like a dance you don't know the steps to, and just when you start to get the hang of it, it changes." he grins. "And I've never cared much for dancing, unless there was a blade in my hand. I infinitely preferred killing dragons to politics. Fighting is never a lie. When someone is trying to kill you, it's that simple. They can be tricky, deceptive...but they're still just trying to kill you, so you kill them first. With politics, they are all vipers disguised as flowers, and it's a matter of picking the sweetest poison."~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:18

~~A servant knocks on Gil's door, and his eyes snap open. He stands, opening the door, still barechested. The servant looks to him. "My lord, there are visitors, guests of Duke Ralean, only...we can't find him to verify." Gil nods and grunts, gesturing the servant off. "I'll be on my way."

He grabs a simple white tunic, throwing it around his shoulders, not bothering to tie it shut, checking the weapons on his belt in case of trouble as he leaves the room, sahaking his head and brushing a hand through his thick, short-cropped brown hair. he goes to the door guard. "Captain Jerome, who is.." he stops as he sees Jade and smiles, clapping the guard on the shoulder. 'Aye, she's the Duke's guest alright. there may be another too. A street urchin by the name of Lilith. Inform me if she arrives too."

he straightens again, self-consciously attempting to close the open shirt over his bare chest. "Lady Jade, welcome."~~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:25

"How accurate you are on everything that you have said... You know how it is to sit in a court full of immortal sharks."

*She laughed lightly, reaching out to take the precious rose from his hand, casually popping it into his hair, tucking it behind his ear for a joke.*

"They never have to worry of wrinkles, either."

*With a wink, Angel exhales deeply as she took in the fresh air. She thought on what he said of dancing, amongst other things.*

"If its any consolation, I've been taught by the best and I simply can't dance either. Politically or physically with a sword. I'm too honest for the whole affair, yet I do what I must because so many feel the need to depend upon me. Every move I make has the utmost of importance. I'm twenty two, its a heavy weight to carry and most of the time, I do so gladly. Here now, is not one of those times. Mayhaps if you just go back to Dragonslaying, I must return to the bar making beers."
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:28

~Hearing Gil's voice her ice blue eyes look from where his voice was coming from her eyes follow him and smiles seeing him~

~she blushes for a moment~

" Nice to see you again, Gil." ~she throws her saddle bags over her shoulder.~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:35

~Ral tenses slightly at her touch, relaxing visibly as she tucks the rose into his hair, and laughing. "Aye, but you'd think, with all the time in the world, they'd be more patient."

he grins. "And what a scandal either of those things would be! Although, to be fair, my queen, it's almost expected to me. Many forget I am an Auroran, because I tend not to share the generally cold disposition, and so assume I also lack the devotion to my duty." he smiles. "Aye, and I do miss the song of swords, some days, and worrying more about survivng to the next sunrise than about the price of this, or the shortage of that, this man's crime, and this man's complaint. It isn't the nature of good people to enjoy this work. and it is our honest nature that make us so good, isn't it? Lies are easy, and deceit." he grins impishly. "Looking your husband in the face and denouncing his brother as a murderer is another thing entirely. Which is to say, that wasn't something to be done lightly, but I earned my scars, and my duty has earned me the right to an honest tongue. That is our strength." he plucks the rose from his hair and looks at it, remembering the 'man' that had held it before him, and smiles.~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:42

~~Gil smiles back, showing teeth, and tilts his head a little to look at her. "You look just as lovely as I remember, Jade." he offers her his arm, not thinking that the height difference may make it a bit awkward. "I can show you to your rooms, if you wish, and see to any needs you may have for food, drink, or any other such things." he had dropped into his role as steward in part, and his amiable smile never left his face, his voice light and genial. "Duke Ralean would have come himself, i think, but he's a bit worn out from his journey, and attempting to make himself presentable. If I had to guess, that is. I haven't seen him since I arrived. He's a man who does his own thing." he looks over to her. "How rude of me. Do you want me to take that bag for you? You look as if you've been travelling yourself. And satying out of trouble, I hope." he winks at his last statement~~
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:46

*Lilith trails behind the others, walking as they ride towards the castle. 'Woah, this is phenomenal.' She gazes at the size of the massive walls and and the towers that reach towards the clouds. The chill had left her nose and fingers frozen throughout the walk. Constantly she had been rubbing her hands and cupping her nose to try to warm it with her breath. She finally arrives to the castle gates with none of the others in sight. She spots a guard up top the wall. *

"Uh, sir" the words felt strange to her lips "I have been given permission to come here by Duke Ralean." her confidence level was dissipating, but she was curious to see what was within the castle walls and for the bed she was undeservedly gifted.

*She looked about the walls and dreamt of herself having the amount of money and power to own it. *
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:50

~~A guard coughs, standing beside Jade and Gil. "Excuse me, Gil, the second lady has arrived." he glances between the two of them abashedly, not missing Gil's open shirt, and smirking. "Shall I, uhm, send her in?"

Gil looks to the guard and rolls his eyes. "Aye, let the rascal in." he shakes his head, grinning at Jade, and turns to the door, waiting for them to bring her into the keep.~~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:50

Matching Ralean's laugh with her own at his comment of patience, Angel nodded. She deliberately ignored how tense he was moments earlier, inwardly frowing and not seeing that she was doing anything wrong.

"More patient? Wouldn't that be a nice thought?"

Her eyes shone with happiness as she looked back to him, clasping her hands together neatly infront of her waist. Still smiling, her tone was light.

"You, Auroran? No..Wrymslayer, in your heart you'll always be Nexan and I'll respect you for it. Some people never forget their roots, and thus what we both have in common. Sadly, our honesty will always be taken advantage of by others, since we find it so difficult to do otherwise - do you think it'll be the death of us? Are some scars worth earning at all, I ask? I think I already know the answer to that, since I'd gladly do what I did by finding SoulReaver all over again...just as you'd take down another Dragon. Does that make us noble, or downright foolish?"
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 22:51

~blushes alittle~ " Thank you Gil." ~smiles and takes his arm.~ "Oh i can handle the bag. Thank you for asking. I have tried to stay out of trouble as much as possible but even you know you can't keep it at bay." ~she smiles and looks to him.~ " I would like to freshen up alittle and then i could use something to eat and drink. If that is possible." ~the dust from the few days travel on her clothes it nice to stay inside for a few days.~

" How have you been as of late Gil. Break any hearts? " she smirks playfully.

~glances to the guard as says Lilith is here.~
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 23:09

*Looking about, in awe of the castle grounds Lilith walks into the gated manor, following a guard. Fancying the size and beauty, she forgets to look for a familiar face. Until she reaches Gil and Jade.

"Gil it was? yes?" She looks towards Gil, cutting into his attention to Jade. Her manners weren't particularly pleasant."This place is incredible, I've never been anywhere near castle walls before let alone inside of them." She moves her head around trying to take in the image of the castle.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 23:11

~Ralean chuckles. "I don't really consider it worthwhile if it doesn't leave a scar. Nothing worth doing is done easily. And every scar is a lesson to us." he smiles at the name. "Aye, WyrmSlayer. You'd think after time I'd forget the name I gave myself. For a time, it was more true to my nature."

he looks at her hard, his smile shifting to a erious expression. "I have never met a man that was truly noble that was not also a fool. Men do things for their convictions that anyone not sharing that belief would deem insanity. Half of what we do, is doing foolish things well enough to succeed. The difference between chivalry and folly is the difference between leaving the dragon's lair, or becoming a warning to the next man to enter."~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 23:15

~~Gil grins. "A woman like you, I'm not surprised trouble flocks to you like ravens to a battle" he frowns at himself, mentally cursing his choice of phrase. he recovers quickly though, as she continues and laughs. "Well, those are neds I can meet. I know some people around here, I think I can pull some strings." he winks and grins.

At her last comment, he feigns an innocent, sad expression. "Only my own, since you've been gone." he breaks into a boyish grin, opening his mouth to speak again as Lilith enters and speaks. he turns to her, and nods, laughing. "It looks impressive now, but it's just hunks of stone. and drafty too." he looks between the two. I'm sure you ladies would like to see your rooms, and be given a chance to rest and refresh. Rale...er, Duke SwyftBlade will most likely not request you until the morning, so you can have a chance to relax."~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 23:22

~she smiles and chuckles softly at what he says about the battle~

" Well I hope you know people around here." ~she smiles~

~she looks at his sad expression as she actually had missed Gil. and then grins with that flash of a boyish grin.~

~she nods to Lilith and half smiles to her~

" Yes that would be nice Gil. Thank you."

~she pulls up her saddle bag as it tries to slip~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 23:25

"Ah yes, the scars. Men are obessed with them, wearing them with pride - yet us women are vain creatures. I admire scars, since they are physical proof that you can heal almost from anything...mentally too. Naturally, I wouldn't want one on my face."

Angel continued to grin, until she had a question and then she too became serious.

"You say 'Wrymslayer' was to your true nature? Is it not now?"

Rubbing her hands together because of the cold, Angel watched Ralean carefully. Once again she noted his handsome features and glanced away.

"You're far wiser than you look, Ralean. I have to give you credit, and truely, I'm jealous. If I had your wisdom, perhaps I could do more for my people than look pretty and pray."
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 23:29

~~Gil smiles, with jades arm still in his own, and begins walking slowly down the hall, and through corridors, mentioning locations of note such as kitchens and such along the way. he stops them in a long hall, and points to two doors opposite each other. "These are empty, and should do nicely. If you are in need of hot water, a fire or food, the servants should be more than obliging. If you need anything else, my rooms are at the end of the hall." he smiles to both women, waiting for any questions~~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 23:38

~Ral chuckles. 'They add character. It isn't the mark, it's the meaning of the mark." he laughs to himself. "My vengeance came due. I destroyed the beast. I do not hate dragons, as many think. It was that way, perhaps, but not so anymore. I killed the damnable thing, and put to rest the ghosts, and my own demons. Now, I fight other fights, battles that are far less black and white." he smiled wryly. "It was a name of arrogance and revenge. Aye, and it held respect too, and it fought battles of its own, and earned itself a place. The Aurorans know me as Wyrmslayer, because that is how I came to them, a warrior, a survivor. Perhaps both names are apt."

he lifts a brow at her, and breaks into a grin. "Wise? M'lady, you flatter me now. I hunted some of the most dangerous existing creatures in the world, often by myself. I've stood toe to toe with your lord husband and said my piece, been marked for death by the baron, and agreed to this damnable fool job with that damnable fool queen, and you speak of my wisdom?" he laughs good-naturedly. "I merely have lived, and learned from my scars."~
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-16, 23:40

She spun around one last time taking in the castle. Not paying attention to Gil's comment about it being hunks of stone. Her ears did perk up once she heard Gil mention rooms.

"Yes, I'd adore that very much so." She was uncertain as to why they were treating her with great hospitality, but she didn't dwell on it. She's never had nice things and this was now her chance to feel like the people she envied. She was though, slightly nervous, yet anxious and excited about what the Duke could possibly want to talk about with her in the morning.

As Gil walked her down the corridor she couldn't help but think about the countless times where she could only dream of sleeping in a place like this. Then it went to if she had to continually dream. She didn't want that. She wanted to figure out a way so that she'd never need to dream of a bed ever again.

"Your kindness is quite appreciated. Thank you." She says wholeheartedly to Gil and gives a smile and a nod to Jade. She then walks into the room.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime2010-05-17, 00:05

"Oh, I see!" She laughed, as Ralean solved the mystery of the "scar" issue. With a shake of her head, Angel mockingly rolled her eyes. "Now why, in all heavens did I not think of that?" She dramatically raised her arms in jest as if she gave up.

"You say you are a warrior, a survivor, but I notice you did not call yourself a predator. Is there a difference? Moving on, she cleared her throat and found herself a seat and got comfortable. This conversation had been more interesting than most she'd had in months. She always enjoyed hearing other peoples stories, often admiring feats of bravery.

"Yes, I said wise and you're mocking me. Perhaps you do not see it from my point of view, for I would laugh if anyone said the same of me. Anyone of true worth never likes to admit to wisdom, but I believe you have it none the less, for you've survived because of it. You knew it was 'wise' not to argue with my Lord Husband, as you knew it would make your life easier by not disagreeing with the Queen of Aegis by not accepting your title and role of Duke."

Angel glanced around. "Regardless, you've done well..its a nice home here, and it seems you are well respected by many. I came here with an offer on the cards, but I see now you'll refuse it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every journey begins with that first hard step...   Every journey begins with that first hard step... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Every journey begins with that first hard step...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next