Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hunt Begins!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-03-02, 23:50

~Kaeleth, fully disguised in his finery, pulls the wide brim of his hat a little lower over his eyes being careful to cover his eyes from view as he passes the gate guards. He walks purposefully into the city, merging with crowds yet slipping through them with a grace borne of years of experience. His plans are reckless, he knows that, but he hates being hunted.

Since he doesn't know who it was that was shadowing him the previous evening, he knows his first task is to get information, he needs to know the players in this city, and the rules of the game, not an easy task while dodging spies and unseen enemies.

His options are limited, and none of them are quite what he would like, but he needs to seek out the kind of person who knows all of the comings and goings in this city, but he must also do it without alerting whoever his watcher was the previous evening, who could even have been working directly or indirectly for one of the people he needs to find.

His first action is clear, he needs to become a little better armed, he does not wish to confront anyone with only his little out of sight dagger. He wanders through the streets, looking for all intents and purposes to be heading towards a specific destination, all the while listening out for the tell-tale ringing of a smiths hammer.

It is maybe an hour before he finds what it is he seeks and when he follows the sound he ends up outside a quaint little smithy. Holding out very little hope he enters into the warmth of the small workshop and being careful not to dirty his disguise, he approaches the smith.

'Excuse me, my good man,' he says, his tone dripping with the condescending tone of someone of high station. 'Do you perchance deal, or know of someone else who deals in armaments?'~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-03-24, 20:06

[[ The smith rises to his feet, having been bent over picking up a dozen heavy ingots of iron in his arms. His massive seven foot frame brushing the roof of the smithy.]]

Hmm...not really sure if I know many people here thtat work with weapons, being a city it's not easy to get them made cause of the laws against carrying them, but I do know there are a few in Grorr that do passable work, for humans, and then there are the dwarves in the big mountain..I forget what they call it, and of course if I had my own shop here I could make you something, but since this is just where I orderred ron from I can;t really be of much service right now....

By the way, who are you?
Back to top Go down
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-04-12, 22:07

~Kaeleth's brow furrows with mild annoyance, he pulls out a handkerchief from his jacket pocket and mops his brow~

'This is not your shop.' It was more of a statement than a question. 'What are these laws against carrying weaponry in the city, this land is stranger than I am used to. I have been set upon by bandits already and do not wish to walk about with no protection at all.'

~He glances at Alexander almost dismissively, but in the slightest of glances he takes in as many details as he can, he is still a stranger to this kingdom after all and the chance of any possible ally is not to be ignored.~

'I am Kale, I minor lord in Raenn, across the ocean, and whom might i be addressing?'

~He manages to keep the condescending tone in his voice, but he softens it a bit, keeping in character, yet trying not to create animosity between himself and the tall smith.~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-04-15, 11:09

[[ seems oblivious to the man's tone as he offers one massive hand]]

Nice to meet you, I'm Alex. Not from here either, Aroura's home, but for now I'm here taking care fo some work I was comissioned for, and no, not my shop. I just needed materials and was told I could take this from here.

Now, if there are bandits you should find a guard and report them as soon as possible, so they can be dealt with by someone more capable, no offense, but if you weren't bright enough to have guards of your own or a sword hten you should probably have stayed home.
Back to top Go down
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-04-26, 19:59

~Being brought up short he looks a little annoyed, but before he can say anything his expression changes to a wry grimace. He laughs softly, almost to himself.~

'I suppose you are right at that, it was sheer folly to go about unguarded. Well met Alex, and thanks for the advice. I have heard of Aurora though in the lands I come from it is considered a myth.'

~Straightening his jacket and hat he looks at Alex, being careful to keep his eyes covered by the brim of his foppish hat.~

'So, fellow outsider, tell me, what do you make of this land?'
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-04-29, 13:19

[[ gives him a broad grin]]

Well, its warmer than I like, but then most places are when compared to home. And then there are the fish...I liek fish, trout and salmon in particular, but they are far different tasting than the ones we catch at home.

As for the people, well, they are a little lazier than some places I've been, but I think that has something to do with the warm weather. Overall it is a fun place to be, at least for me, since my brothers have decided to run the place and all.
Back to top Go down
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-04-29, 18:13

~He grins in spite of himself~

'Your brothers run the place?' He asks, tilting his head to one side slightly, intrigued. 'No wonder you like it here.'

~He keeps his own tone light, thinking back to his reception in this land, less than warm to say the least.~

'Do you not share the same ambitions?'
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 20:18

[[ Laughs, loud and hard at the idea]]

Why would I trade freedom for the prison of a crown? No, let them squabble and fight over dirt and trees, I have more important things to worry about in this life than the troubles of nobles. I don;t even like being in the cities if I don't have to be here.
Back to top Go down
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-05-18, 17:08

~he chuckles~

'Yes, nothing worse that the petty squabbles between family. Even worse when they have armies.'

~He shakes his head slightly, his smile not fading~

'I think that alone would make me leave the cities, not sure I could leave them behind though.'
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime2010-05-19, 21:32

[[ flexxes a massive hand, the features breifly alterring to those of a massive bear claw]]

It's safer if I avoid them, for those around me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hunt Begins! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt Begins!   The Hunt Begins! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunt Begins!
Page 1 of 1