Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)

Go down 
+2
Amarra
Jared Crimsonflame
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 21:35

~Ral looks to Jared and lifts a brow, and then turns to Rensain with a slight shrug.~
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 22:01

{Rensain's revelation that Claudia would be marrying Marcus had not gone as planned, and he noted in Jared's voice how deeply something was amiss. He listened to the dialogue between the Duke and prince, very very slowly trying to connect dots that weren't connecting.}

"Did I say something offensive?"

{It must have been the first time in Rensain's existance that it wasn't intentional - then, in his mind, he relayed the conversation over once again. As Jared left, he looked back to Ralean in stunned silence, then, without hesitation, he smirked.}

"Expensive lasses, hmmm? An expensive lass, hmm...In Icehold???"

{Bringing his glass to his lips, he frowned and starred at Ralean, desperate for answers.}
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 22:10

~Ralean looks to Rensain with a casual sort of bemused expression, furrowing his brow. "I'm not quite sure what either of you are getting at, my friends, and gossip is for women." he smiles slightly, shaking his head, and looking to Rensain, perhaps you'd be interested in a more serious discussion of the nature of the state of the realm, since our prince is weary?"~
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 11:21

{Rensain just laughed, a loud but bellowing sound that rumbled. He slapped the top of his knee at the past five minutes of conversation.}

"What exactly have you been doing, Ralean? Sleeping with the Queen of Aurora?"

{Shaking his head, he couldn't calm the laughter, still full of mirth, he continues.}

"Wenches in Icehold...thats a new one. Are the paladins getting bored?"

{It took a few minutes for Rensain to find willpower enough to calm down. Settling enough, and coughing to clear his throat he rolled his eyes at Ralean's comment about Jared getting weary.}

"Well, I've never known Jared to be offended by a few women. It seems our Prince must be tired and cranky. No matter..yes, talk of other things indeed, but unfortunately, Duke I don't talk business in my home if I can help it."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 16:05

Amarra and Maire are continuing from Maires Chambers))

Maire and Amarra came back into the Main Hall. Maire mummered to Amarra " Please help yourself to some food and drink, now that you are freshened up I am sure you are famished" She herself went to take a small plate and placed some slices of apple a piece of bread and some cheese upon it from the silver platters that had been placed out. " If there is something you would like that isnt here I can see if the kitchens have it" she offered as she moved to the small seating area where Ralean and Rensain were. He brow furrowed as she looked about for a second" Where is the Prince?"

She had hoped he would see Amarra in her dress and with her hair done. Maire sat near Rensain and began to nibble as she waited for Rensain to answer she threw a surreptious glance to Ralean. He seemed very at ease with Rensain which was a good sign. Many people seemed so nervous or agitated around her beloved. A servent came in to refresh the trays and drinks and Maire asked for a cup of tea. It was quickly set before her . She motioned for Amarra to sit near her in hopes that Jared would be coming back as well.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 17:35

~Ral joins in Rensain's laughter, slapping his knee and shaking his head. "You, my friend, have a grand imagination, and sense of humor. Why risk that man's wrath just to get under a skirt?" he grins, chuckling. "Maybe not bored, but aye, there are a few that, without their armor, look quite fine, and they may be hard and cold, but some of them are warm and soft in all the right places."

He nods, still grinning, allowing himself time to settle down. "Then let us dispense with business. I fend it disagrees with me to discuss it anyway." he nods to Rensain, settling back in his chair. "How have you fared in our absence? Growing fat and prosperous?"

he looks over as Maire and Amarra enter, standing and bowing respectfully. "My lady, the Prince has retired, and apologizes for his absence. I fear the journey wearied him more than he had anticipated." glances to Rensain with a genuine smile. "I see perhaps prosperous is not too far of. The dear lady is beautiful, Rensain. I find myself terribly jealous."~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 17:51

~comes into the room behind Maire and looks around hopefully, butterflies doing tricks in her stomach. Her hands are folded in front of her to keep from fidgeting or tugging at the dress. She looks around the room for Jared and feels a moment of anxiety when she doesn't see him. She moves over to the table and takes a few pieces of fruit and cheese, which she takes back with her to sit near Maire, waiting to hear the answer to where Jared is. When Ralean speaks, her face falls, and she looks down at her plate, suddenly not feeling hungry any longer. As quickly as she can, she plasters on a false smile and very deliberately nibbles a slice of fruit. Clearing her throat very softly, she makes herself speak and hopes she sounds at least pleasant, and not like she feels she wants to curl up in a corner somewhere~

I want to thank you for your hospitality, Lord Rensain. You're very gracious to allow us into your home.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 18:15

{Still chuckling loudly at Ralean's words he nodded in agreement}

"Indeed, indeed, Ralean..couldn't agree more..."

{He shook his head and unbuttoned the neck of his shirt and glanced up as the ladies returned. Naturally, his eyes would drink in the sight of Maire before him, and he would smile to her with deep respect. Then, with a casting glance, he graciously nodded to Amarra.}

"Ralean's right, unfortunately the prince has gone to bed..but please, don't leave on our account, Lady Amarra. You look absolutely ravishing, my dear."

{He smiled, turning to Maire and giving her an affectionate wink. Focusing back onto Ralean, he tilts his head to one side.}

"Yes, good news here. Maire and I have married...well, the papers need to be signed and confirmed by Vladamir, but we plan a ceremony. I should like to invite you all. Effectively, we've been married a long time regardless..the paper is just a legal matter to be settled before Marcus marries Princess Claudia."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 18:49

Maire sensed Amarras disappointment " It is a shame , travel can be quite wearying, perhaps we can all have a leisurely breakfast so that we can talk more in the morning." She gave Amarra a sympathtic look and then spoke again a bit more cheerfully" Yes, we would be honored to have you at our nuptials. I had hoped to have a wedding dinner for guests albeit I havent done much planning. There have been other things that have occupied my time at present"

Maire, having not heard the previous conversation spoke to Ralean " Have you a lady that shares your life at this time? I must say that I am very out of the loop with who is courting and who is married. I was telling Lady Amarra that Rensain and I should entertain more so that I can meet more people. Last time I was in a large gathering was at the last ball and that seems like it was ages ago" It definitely had been before she left for the temple that much she was sure.

She was endevering to keep the conversation light to keep up Amarras spirits. " If you havent a lady I am sure that Rensain could play matchmaker he does have talents with the ladies" She gave a Rensain a chuckle and then turned back to Ralean" Forgive me I cannot help but be biased when it comes to men, however I am sure that a man with such poise and charm as yourself has caught the attention of more then one fair maid"
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 22:02

~Ral smiles at Rensain. "Then I am even more envious, Rensain, congratulations, a bit late perhaps. You know how the baron is with his paperwork, but if it is for the best, then it is for the best." he looks to Maire with a smile. "All the same, if I believed in luck, I would call you lucky indeed."

he turns towards Maire as she speaks, with an easy grin. "Me, my lady? Oh, no, I fear I am a bachelor and quite good at it too." he laughs at her compliments. "I fear my lady gives me far too much credit for such things. I'm just a poor humble man, made all the more humble by your misconceptions of my abilities." he smiles easily and nods to her in appreciation all the same~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-04, 22:09

She laughed easily and then nodded" Some men prefer to not tie themselves down. One cannot fault them for that for marriage with all its benefits does cut down the playing field quite a bit. I am surprised that my dear Rensain has agreed to such a tethering." she gave a wink to Rensain and her eyes danced. If there was one thing that she and Rensain did have and that was a unmistakable passion. With her he showed a side not many saw for he was a rather private man. There was no doubt that the two shared a bond that was affectionate and mutally satisfiying.

She gave Ralean a mischievious smile " I am a rather accomplished herbalist and though its mostly superstician...who is to say, there are herbs that in the right amounts are proported to cause a person to have a affinity for another. If you ever find yourself ...." she left the sentance opening her voice teasing.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-05, 09:05

{Ralean spoke of being envious, and Rensain smirked, nodding to him.}

"You have no idea what price I have to pay for all this. I do have to work for the Baron, after all."

{His mind was whirling. First Jared walking out, then Ralean attempting to sweeten the mood with compliments. Still, moving on he plucked another glass off a servant who had leant down and offered him one, still listening to the conversation. His brow raised at Ralean's mention of misconceptions of his abilities.}

"Misconceptions? How so? Surely a man who is well known for killing dragons is able enough? I would say that would be quite a feat, its not a business I would consider."

{Maire's sweet voice rang out and Rensain grinned at her mention of marriage, leaning forward and bringing the glass to his lips.}

"No, my dear, I know a good thing when I see it..I wasn't possibly going to allow another man to steal you away. That would be foolish now, wouldn't it Ralean?"

{He smiled, raised his glass, and finally took a sip. Maires' suggestion of using potions to manipulate someone, granted an amused raised brow, yet he said nothing.}
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-05, 13:28

~Ral chuckles. "Aye, the man has his price, but one cannot discount the rewards entirely either." he grins. "And as to killing dragons, well surely a man such as yourself can acknowledge that dragons are infinitely more manageable and reasonable than women can be sometimes. And far less dangerous to our health." he looks to Maire and Amarra with a friendly smile. "If my ladies will forgive me for saying so, it is. I find that they may call you the weaker sex, but by far, us men are far less capable and able to contend." he also takes a glass from a passing servant, raising it to Maire and Amarra in a way both respectful and light hearted.

As Rensain asks him his question, he laughs softly. "When a man is presented with a beautiful jewel, he does not hesitate to grasp it. And if the jewel should happen to possess him in the end?" he sigs with mock romance."Why, such a man can consider himself possessed by fortune."

As Maire speaks of potions he chuckles, and shakes his head. "My dear lady, you tempt me, but it seems in vain. Between our good Prince and Lord Rensain, it seems all of the beautiful women are spoken for."~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-05, 14:09

Maire smiled " You have a silver tongue Ralean, though I am sure Amarra can agree that a woman blooms under such compliments, even by a man who is not her lover. There are many women in the kingdom that would swoon with sonnets given by such a silver tongued devil and would gladly be possessed"

Maire deftly changed the conversation to other small talk hoping to engage Amarra a bit more. Speaking of romance when ones love was not present could feel awkward." Speaking of herbs, I am opening a apothocary in Merridia. I shall be spending much more time there when property is bought. We shall have to have more impromtu dinners , though I must say, I am adept at herbs but my cooking skills lack seriously. "She grinned" You may have been a dragon slayer but I daresay that my bread could slay you and cause you to run in fear. Once your back is turned all I would need to do is throw it at you. If I could heft it"

She had never had to cook for she had honed her skills in other areas. She turned her attentions to Amarra " so dear lady what hobbies do you spend your time with? I understand those brought up in royal circles do a lot of sewing and tapestrys to help pass time. I am sure that your talents extend beyond even that. " she could sense that Amarra had withdrawn again and seemed to want to become invisible. Maire believed there was so much to Amarra that she had never let out, she was strong but had been afraid of judgement. Maire hoped that perhaps with a growing friendship she could convince Amarra to come out of her self imposed shell.
Back to top Go down
Mycheal
Admin
Mycheal

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-05, 14:28

[OOC: Merged from The Babysitter... same location similar time, hence we merge.]

*Mycheal stood quietly in the corner, the shadows already present seeming more dark when he stands near concealing him from view from casual glances. Unless one were looking they would hardly notice his presence, which accounts for the fact none of the newcomers had. He continues to remain discreet and simply witnesses the pleasantries and smooth-talking, such idle nonsense. He worked the situation into his mind as he also took in the additional babblings of the newcomers, the host, and the hostess...*
Back to top Go down
http://www.eydya.com
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-05, 18:02

~looks up from her plate as Maire speaks to her. She'd been listening, but her own thoughts keep intruding. Disappointment about Jared not being here, relief to be out of Icehold and still alive, sorrow at having had to leave, and fear of her return to Meriddia all jumble together in a tangled web of thought that keeps dragging her back in, even as she struggles to be pleasant and at least appear happy. She doesn't want to insult her hosts by being unsociable, and not everything terrible, but she's finding everything a little overwhelming. And besides that, she's not entirely sure how she should be behaving. When she was at Bathory's court, she knew where she stood, how she felt about people, and how they felt about her, but things have changed a great deal lately, and she isn't at all sure where she stands, professionally or personally.

She clears her throat softly, giving herself a moment to consider Maire's question before answering~

Well... I can't sew. I could stitch two pieces of material together well enough to be functional, but you wouldn't want to wear it afterward.

~smiles, not disturbed at not being able to do something that seems to be expected of her, and for once not feeling as if Maire will judge her for her lack~

I enjoy studying, I suppose. Learning things, anything I can. There's still so much in this world I don't know, so many places I've never been and things I've never seen. I could spend hours pouring over old books and be content. And I enjoy swimming, of course, but I'm not sure you could call that a hobby.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-05, 18:29

Maire smiled broadly" When one stops learning they are on their way to dying , or at least that is what I was taught within the temples. Knowledge is power my dear" she continued " I can swim enought to enjoy myself. There is something about water carressing your body and lifting you that almost makes you feel free, I think flying would be the only equivilant. It is quite refreshing for the mind and soul...as well as exercise"

She looked to the shadows and wondered why Mycheal didnt come and sit. He wasnt exactly a warm person though he did have manners. She hadnt noticed him till just a moment ago for he was silent as the grave. It seemed that he prefered to observe rather then engage. He also didnt seem to care for chit chat though Maire had learned that even chatting could reveal much about a person. Often it even revealed more by what wasnt said then what was.

Maire wasnt trying to glean anything by this conversation however as she simply wished to be social. She smiled to the shadows and gave a nod to Mycheal. Her look was inviting but she didnt wish to call him out directly. He would know that she wished him to join them but she wasnt going to make a scene of it.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-05, 18:57

You should feel the water in the deep sea. Any water is nice, but deep under the surface where there is nothing but you and the sea and the other creatures that live there, that is something... unparalleled. I could take you sometime, if you like. Flying, though. Air all around. I've flown once or twice, with Kharne. The most terrifying experience of my life. I thought maybe I could learn to appreciate it if I had to, but I'd rather not have to. Give me the sea any day.

~makes a face and shakes her head with a little shudder. She notes Maire's nod and follows her gaze, finally seeing Mycheal standing in the shadows. Her brows raise in surprise, both at how she didn't even notice him before that moment, and at finding him here at all. She doesn't say anything, just offers a small nod of her own before turning back to Maire and the others~
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-05, 22:10

{He sat, leaning his left arm casually upon the chair whilst he danced with his glass in front of him. The idle chat of the women was a warm welcome from listening to Vladamir's barking orders, and a good reminder of why he liked to be home.

Rensain wasn't phased by Ralean's flattery of Maire, he found it complementary. So, he just smiled upon occassion and listened. Mentally he noted Mychael, but never bothered to turn around and look. He knew Mychael enough to know he wasn't one for social gatherings.

After a while, he turned his attentions back to Ralean.}}

"So, Ralean. Er...will you be returning to Grorr or do you have matters in Merridia to take care of? I trust Vladamir will be glad to hear you returned safely."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-06, 09:11

~Ral smiles pleasantly, leaning back and enjoying the atmosphere. It was much more relaxed than any of his time in Icehold, and though he was still mentally on guard, he allowed himself the luxury of letting some of the tension out of his muscles and settling into a chair, taking a moment to be silent as Maire and Amarra chatter pleasantly. As rensain speaks, he turns, and sighs with a slight smile. "Personally I would prefer to return to Grorr. But knowing the Baron, he'll want a report, at least." he chuckles. "And it isn't me he'll be glad to see, so much as not having to re-train a general to fit his needs."~
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-06, 10:39

Maire looked to Amarra with delight " under the sea? You could really take me there?" she clapsed her hands together trying to hide any excitement." Lady you have more secrets then I thought you did!" her eyes shone as she chattered on " I have taken several ships and found the sea to be beautiful and mysterious, because I know there are creatures right below that only give the barest of glimpses of themselves"

Her eyes shone and she laughed" Listen to me ! I have never met someone with your talent Lady Amarra and would dearly love to take you up on your offer when it convient for you! I would not want to miss such a opportunity !" her cheeks colored at the excitement of the prospect to do something that few could imagine.

She looked to Amarra with a even deeper respect , Amarra wasnt a mage so she must not be human. Maire didnt want to press for details for the Lady seemed fragile emotionally and Maire was just happy that she felt comfortable enough to let something of herself out. She spoke softly" That is why that dress looks so beautiful on you ...its like the sea" she smiled and patted Amarras knee.

" I tell you what I will show you my world of plants and herbs and you show me yours and we can learn from each other" Maire forgot a bit that the others were in the room and shot Rensain a rueful look " I am sorry , I was just very delighted with the Ladies future offer."

She knew that Rensain wasnt upset but she had acted as a excited child, if anything he would just laugh at her and be glad that she was interested in something.

She cleared her throat and regained a more mature composure her mind still whirling over the concept of being able to visit the depths of the mighty ocean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)   A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Quick Visit (Rensain's Mansion)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2