Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Awaiting another kind of Thunder.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-02-03, 15:59

"I ask that Your Majesty will pardon my igorance.."

Rensain paused as the servant approached with a drink on a tray. Taking it with a small "Thank you" to her, he cleared his throat and remained focused, until Jaric revealed his reason for being there. The mention of SoulReaver made Rensain's blood drop cold, and although he remained well postured, clearly his smile had grown into an expression of serious concern.

"The blade has been stolen? How is this possible?"

With a shake of his head, he tried to keep any thoughts of a suspect well out of his mind, but he had a sinking feeling of who already had it. Rensain found himself calmly taking a nice gulp of the wine and then, leaning back in his chair, he shrugged.

"I thank for you for the information..I am in disbelief....this is grave indeed. Now I understand your urgency to continue on your travels..absolutely."

Forcing his mind to remain blank enough that Jaric wouldn't be able to read through any of it, Rensain drummed the arm of his chair.

"Rest assured dinner will not take long..."

Exhaling, he glanced around and called forth another servant, indicating they must hurry with the preparations. Then, turning back to Jaric at the hearth, he glanced upstairs and chuckled.

"My wife is no doubt delighted to have another woman in the home. Lady Amarra came to stay with us recently, and I was glad to attend work at the palace than listen to them talk of perfumes and gowns."
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-02-11, 20:19

{{ smiles slightly}}

I would rather be dragged behind horses than be forced to endure the Princess Amarra's compnay for too long a time. As for the Queen's visit, we will perhaps have to arrange for it to be of more length. In order to keep her from the un-happy things that will no doubt occur, and to ensure the safety of your own wife and her unborn child.

{{ waves the servant off when she offers a drink}}
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-03-09, 00:03

{Jaric's comment with regards to the Princess Amarra made Rensain laugh deeply, the noise of which ringing out against the acoustics of the large and spacious room.}

"Quite. Prince Jared has my sympathy."

{He raised his glass and tilted his head firmly, as if to confirm this matter, and then took another sip from his glass. All the while he listened with keen interest to the latter part of what Jaric had to say.}

"Of course. We'd be happy to have her here, we'd be delighted. Maire and I were discussing today how we do not know nearly enough about Auroran customs and culture than we'd like, perhaps your kind wife would be able to teach us. Mmm, I think it would be nice. Maire will be delighted."

{Pausing briefly, he let some moments pass. As the silence continued, he finally said something as an after thought. His voice was of dead seriousness.}

"I can understand your need to keep her safe from the impending disaster. Rest assured that I shall do all I can here in the Thunderlands to make sure it is so. Your Queen is highly respected not only by myself, but for many Aegians and Aurorans alike. She is certainly a wise choice in partner, many other suitors were no doubt envious..."

Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-08-07, 11:36

{{ nods}}

Aegis offerred too few choices in a suitable match for there to be any real suitors of worth save for my Queen, though Lady Victoria had been offerred as a possibility, it was thought best to choose a bride from this realm rather than my own, since we have been so graciously allowed to remain on the island to this point.

{{ looks to the stairs}}

Your own wife's tastes in clothing must be a complicated matter, since they have been gone some time now. I wonder if my Queen has fallen asleep in the tub after the ride...
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-09-13, 19:35

*Angel was finally ready to face her husband and Lord Rensain. Her beautiful blonde hair was tousled in an elegant design, with some curls framing her face. The dress she wore was pretty and modest, a long sleeved lace affair that still allowed for a show of her neck and shoulders. She glanced upwards to Maire, and then continued to walk downwards of the elaborate staircase.

"Please forgive my timing, but I wanted to look appropriate."Her blue eyes sparkled and she continued onwards until she was once again standing alongside Jaric. A servant passed by, and Angel casually plucked a glass of water.

"Will dinner be ready now, Rensain?" She inquired.*
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-09-13, 19:46

{{ nods, turning to look at the ladies as they descend the stairs.}}

We were just begining to wonder if you had sucumbed to the weariness of travel my Queen, it is wonderful that you are not so worn that you could not join us. I trust Lady Maire and you had a pleasant conversation.

Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-09-13, 21:32

She laughed lightly, enjoying Jaric's compliments. "Thank you for waiting for us. Maire and I were talking about the impending arrival of her twins. Yes, we did take a little long to become aquainted, but I welcomed the break."
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-09-20, 22:07

Rensain smiled warmly to Angel and Jaric, glancing up the stairs to his wife. "You have excellent fashion sense, the Lady Angel looks perfect for the evening." He was about to take a step upwards to help Maire with her decent down the stairs when a servant interupted and whispered in his ear.

Clearing his throat and turning to face Angel and Jaric, Rensain announces. "The dining room has been prepared, please follow my servant through and they will guide the way." He tilted his head up to his lady love and smiled, holding his hand out. "My good wife, are you hungry?"
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-09-26, 00:59

Maire had been relieved when Angel emmerged and they made their way downstairs. She smiled to Rensain , the man who knew her better then any other. It was a dangerous game for he could read her like the back of his hand.

She veiled her gaze and avoided his eyes for now as she took his hand. Her voice as smooth as velvet "I think your offspring are insaitable in their hunger" she said lightly glad that they would have dinner to distract them. The tension he would assume was because of the precarious situation they found themselves in.

The rest she would deftly avoid to the best of her ability. Jaric was dangerous and should he catch one errant comment then all could crumble like a house of cards. She prayed that even if Rensain might suspect something he would not reveal her hand.

As the hostess she spoke "Let us all gather and see what delights await us then shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-10-01, 11:32

We have moved this thread on to a new one. Follow the link :

Anyone For Dinner?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awaiting another kind of Thunder.   Awaiting another kind of Thunder. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awaiting another kind of Thunder.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2