Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a day in the life...

Go down 
+2
Lilith Genevaria
Giligian
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Letala

Letala

Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-10, 22:40

It was a curious fate of hers to be tied to names, the name she had made for herself almost always in battle with the ones she associated with. Regardless it was this sense of freedom within Aegis that she adored. No one knew of her face or her nature and it was this that she used to her best ability. Her task as it were was not even pushed upon her but more she chose it from own free will, if not to help out a friend, but to see the rest of what Aegis had to offer her.

She was excited to see all of the land that she had heard so much about. And in her time here though it had been a rather extended stay, it was left to one area. A small piece of the very large picture. Eyes casually wandered while ears picked apart the many sounds that flooded them. Her senses were on over load but it was almost as she was feeding of the energy around her, placing within herself lifting her own demeanor to match her surroundings, the last thing she wanted was to be picked out for the wrong reasons. For surely it would have been odd to see a lone creature walking the bustling streets dressed in clothes of royalty and looking like a lost mouse. Her body dawned a simple attire, still flattering of course. The flowing skirt of soft baby blue cotton skimmed the ground with each light step she took, her honey hair worn loose, the waves tousled but not unkempt. Her waist was slightly squeezed by a pristine white shirt of the same fabric, laces within the back and straps falling behind her neck leaving parts of her skin exposed, and even a glimpse of the large inked piece upon her back, a rare thing indeed, though she was proud of such a marking, she rarely wore garments that exposed it. The delicate chain was around her neck as always, the ring resting, the one piece of jewelry she never took off, even now in the confused state she was in with the one who gave it to her.

A coy smile would creep upon her lips as motions came to a stop, gazing upon the tavern before her just ever so briefly before continuing her way forward. Bare hands would pull upon the heavy wooden door opening to her another place to observe the many different characters of this place. She would make sure the door would fall behind her softly, though it was not as if she wished none to know she was there or to even hide within the crowd. Those alluring jade hues went back to scanning the room as she repositioned herself to the side, finally locking to one. She was curious herself if she knew of her tracking skills, surely she did for little description was given, and though her senses were a bit dulled from lack of practice she was sure it was him. Eyes would fall to those that were around him casually drawing upon them as well gathering small tid bits, but nothing serious. Even the person she was sent to seek out she did not focus on too much. She didn't wish to make this awkward or confrontational. Moving through the crowds once again she still in her mind was locked upon the small gathering, Leaning upon the bar, she would sweetly ask for a pint face still locked forward while her mind was pondering as what to do next, though her sweet expression showed nothing of the concerns in her mind. And though she could feel prying eyes from some of the patrons, the ones she had yet to feel were the ones that she came for.
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 00:23

*Lilith stops in her tracks, she moves to lean against the wall near a window, staring at Ralean. Her arms cross her chest. She then turns her head towards the window. The darkness was beginning to engulf the city, she tried to turn her attention towards the waxing moon, in a few days, it'll be at perfect entirety.

Sends ML to Ralean, "I'll respect your warning, sir, just know that I am not accustomed to your city. I'm on a search for amusing conquests to take up time."

She looks back to see woman walk into the bar, leaving her gaze fixed a moment upon the stranger, then turns to look at Ralean once more, then back out the window, watching the enroaching darkness with indifference.*
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 00:35

~Ral doesn't look up from his drink. "Accustomed or not, m'lady, the rules of common decency never change. And as for conquest, take up war, or whoring, elsewise call it merely experiences." his tone is even, and loud enough for Lilith to hear (and subsequently anyone nearby). he turns as the door opens, leaning against the bar, taking stock of the starnger as she enters. he quickly takes in every aspect of her bearing and dress, nodding to himself and raising his glass to the new entrant in silent greeting before taking another sip. he looks bored, and tired, his handsome freatures set in a cold expression, his long black hair pulled back into a loose ponytail, a few days growth covering his face. He settles into his stained and dusty clothes, against the bar, stretching his aching legs and flexing the muscles, looking around the bar. part of him was itching for movement, an explosion of energy, a fight, a conflict, a beautiful woman, strong drink. the other half was longing for a shave, a warm bed, and a decent meal.

Ralean sighed heavily, grinning to himself. The days always seemed before as if he was living to get out of the drafty, crowded keep, and now he was longing for everything. he shakes his head, giving a crooked grin to no one in particular, lifting his glass again to the open air in a quiet salute before pounding the rest of the glass, the strong alcohol burning down his throat in the most pleasant way. he turns idly to Giligian. "An adventure indeed my friend, like days before, when we worried for nothing but surviving 'til the next day. Freedom, open air, and as much trouble as we can find. What do you say?" he looks from face to face around him, Gil, Jared, Jade, Lilith, Letala, the patrons, taking stock of each, their faces and movements~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 01:11

~~Gil looks at Ral, and a slow smile creeps over his face. "You could have sent word ahead, I'd have met you with supplies and fresh horses." he laughs and grins, clapping Jared on the shoulder and turning to him. "Aye, I say we rest here the night, and then onward!" he doesn't fail to notice the entrance of the woman, but after ascertaining she is no threat, he leaves her in the background of his thoughts~~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 13:38

*drinks her ale*

"I don't believe I will take up a job at the palace. I would rather be able to go out and do things. Always learning. Helping out where I can. "

*finishes up her pint and over hears talk of an adventure*

Do you any extra help? I am handy with a sword. and my abilities...

*moving her hand close to a flame of a candle as her fingertips start to flame. She was controlling the flame making it flare and die down and with a wave of her hand puts it out.*

Fire and earth... still learning the other elements. But I can help if you need it. *smiles softly*
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 13:51

~Ral looks at Jade a long moment, catching her gaze and holding it, expressionless. He nods slightly, in acknowledgment as he watches what she does with the flame. He nods slightly, to himself, again. He speaks softly. "We do not coddle or pamper. despite the reactions, we're not going to play games." he smiles thinly, looking to Jared and Gil in turn. "These men, I know, and trust explicitly, and will stand beside them, to death if need be, and shed blood for them, and let my blood be shed in turn." his tone is calm, low, soft. he looks to her again as the bartender sets another glass in front of him and he lifts it, taking a healthy drink. "I will not dismiss your enthusiasm out of hand, but it takes more than a blade and some parlor tricks to do what we plan on doing." he tilts his head slightly, his mouth lifting in a wry smile. "Granted, you're face is pretty enough to make good company, but what makes you capable and able to contend in this?" he laughs softly, grinning mischieviously. "and I wonder, just how good are you with that blade?"~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 14:19

~she narrowed her look at him~

Parlor tricks? Is that what you think that was. There is no tricks about it. Its part of who I am. Being Half elemental elf. I can use the elements around me for number of things.

~she takes a breath~

I don't need coddling or pampering. I have never had it. I have moved around place to place as i was growing up I have learned many things. I learned sword from a few people and I was training here for while. I am also good with a bow. ~she glance over to gil and then back to Ralean~ Your choice if you need the extra hand. and if its something that could make a difference even if i was to die. I would be worth it.

*sliding a few coins to barkeep she stands up.*

Am staying just outside of town. I set up a small camp. IF you need the extra help. That is where I will be.
*nods to Gil and Jared*

Have a good night. *she walks over to the stone wall and looks at it removing her glove placing her hand on the wall. slowly her hand turning to stone as she became one with the wall and walked thru it. she came out the other side and then walked over to her horse and petted him and was talking to him feeding him a few carrots.*
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 16:10

~Ral chuckles. "You get offended too easily. We all can't help but be who we are, but maybe you could be a little less self-righteous about it." he smiles pleasantly, taking another sip. "You also get defensive. I ever implied you wuld need it, only that we weren't doing it. And who said anything about trying to make a difference? We are simple folk, on a simple adventure to do unknown things" he shakes his head, as if this was all very funny. "What are you trying to prove, miss? A tantrum won't get you very far." he raises his glass to her as she walks to the wall, watching with a bored look as she melds through it. he chuckles and shakes his head. That kind of blatant display meant only that she was angry, naively posturing for them. As a man that killed dragons and supped with wraith kings and vampire lords alike, he was thoroughly unimpressed. he turns to Jared and Gil, smiling "What do you think? Is she angry enough to bring along?"~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 18:36

~standing out by her horse artimis she pets him. as she whispers to him.~

"what the hell did i just go off like that...seriously need to get this under control...they are going to start to think am some spoiled brat...its not like that at all...you think it was a bad idea to come back here...

*places a had on her necklace. closing her eyes for a moment. She takes a deep breath. as she check over her saddle bags and makes sure everything is tight and secure. She pulls out a blade from her bag. Checks it over checks the balance giving a few swings then places it on her sheath on her back. Pulling two daggers out of her bag also and looking them over and placing one in her boot and the other at her side. then she was just fiddling with things on the horse getting herself to calm down. with her hands on the saddle she looked down at the ground kicking at the dirt.*
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 18:59

*She glares at Ralean with intent, then is captivated by the woman of whom speaks to him. Lilith moves to the front of the pub, past the men at the barstand, not caring to look. She goes to follow the woman. She steps outside watching as the woman maneuvers her blade. As the dust rises from the woman's feet Lilith feels the need to inquire. *

"Wait, Miss... How did you.." she takes a breath, letting out her exhale quickly "Look, I'm not from around here, and this... Duke isn't what I expected. Now you look like you know what's goin' on around these parts. Mind if I stick with you? I can keep a clean slate if it troubles you."

*She was anxious to know all about this woman.*

"The name's Lilith"

*She offers a hand to the woman*
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 19:41

*she glances over to where the voice came from*

"How did i do what?"

*she shifted around and looked at the woman.*

"Well I know the area a little and I know somethings from my mother. As long as there is no trouble. I have a small camp set up just outside the city. nothing fancy just somewhere to stay until i can find a place. As for the Duke...I really don't know him to well. Gil I have talked with before."

*takes her hand and shakes it*

" I am Jade. Nice to meet you Lilith."
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 20:29

Jared had watched the exchange from Ralean to Lillith, his brow raising slightly. His mind had been on other things and it had made him somewhat distracted this evening. Noticing Letala's entrance, he granted her a respectful nod of welcoming, before turning back to the conversation Ralean was having with Jade.

When asked his thoughts, he spoke in honesty about Jade.

"She might be a liability... eager or not, she's just a kid. Isn't my bad temper alone enough for the group Ral? Do we really need another?"

He chuckled with a half shrug.

"On the other hand, she might be useful.."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-11, 23:05

Nods and smiles would be given back to those that greeted her as she walked within the tavern and took her place.

The pint was placed in front of her and she pulled it to her lips in great joy, the cold liquid bring that smile of her full across lips. Her ears never dulled a moment as she listened quietly to the conversation between the three near her. Her own mind traveling once more of how to properly place her in the conversation. So still she sat near the group eyes casually drifting to them every so often, a lone finger falling to the rim of her glass, circles being drawn around the edge of her glass. A soft sight fell from her slightly parted lips before ceasing her motions and raising the glass once more. In truth she was happy just to sit and observe and listen. The task at hand though she knew important still it seemed she wasn't focused upon it.

It was then the talks of a "group" being formed hit her, a chance possibly to place herself within the conversation. And as she almost spoke a fellow patron bumped into her, she could tell as eyes narrowed that he was far from any sort of sober state, and slurred words would escape the man's lips , an apology she thought perhaps before he walked away and she fell back into her mind of thought, she hated that her trail of thought was broken by such an interruption. Perhaps her dear friend had sent the wrong person for the job. She hated the thought of returning empty handed with no news.

Eyes blankly would fall to the group again, as if she was looking at them directly but in truth she was simply taking in the surroundings once again.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-12, 00:08

~Ral looks to Jared and nods. "Perhaps an appraisal of her skills and talents would be necessary. I don't want any liabilities." he grins, nudging Jared playfully. "We already have enough of a handicap between us as is."

he settles back in easy comfort against the bar, taking a sip of his drink as the patrons calm from Jade's display. he shakes his head, looking around. he catches the look from the woman that appears to be staring at them, and looks back with a slight smile, raising his glass in acknowledgment and greeting before taking another drink~
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-12, 18:25

"Hm Jade, like the rock, that's divine." She says with a condescending smirk. "I bet you learned a lot from your ma." She moves to gander at the large horse residing next to Jade. "Nice horse, he got a name?" She walks around the horse. "Looks like he's been around" She traces her fingers along the side of the saddle. "Oooh....."
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-12, 19:19

~watches lilith~

"yes i learned quite a bit from her. the horse is named artimis after my father. he has been my one constant in my life. "

~tilts her head alittle at lilith~

"So what brought you to grorr?
Back to top Go down
Lilith Genevaria

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-12, 22:10

*A slight breeze whirls outside the pub moving Lilith's hair into her face and leaving goose bumps on her arms. The moonlight reflects off of the Artimis' hair and Lilith moves to stroke his side.*

"He's beautiful" focusing on the horse.

*She shifts her eyes up to Jade standing on the opposite side of Artimis. Lilith feels uneasy on how to answer Jade's question on what brought her there. She didn't know if she could tell her whole story yet. Trust never came easy to her since she spent most of her own time causing mistrust, but she did want to learn from this new woman. Maybe she'll give details in the near future*

"Heh it was my feet. I just started walking and this is where they have taken me." she says lightheartedly and smiles towards Jade, then moves her eyes back onto the horse, continually petting him as her hair kept moving in front of her face.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-13, 19:38

She took the last drink of the her pint and quietly set it back upon the wooden counter top. Eyes still lazily gazed toward the group she focused a bit more, her face softer, a bit more life flushing through her cheeks. She stood brushing the wrinkles from her layered skirt and moved a bit closer to the group. A slight cough was given, covered by her cusped hand. Lowering it she settled both hands at her side.

Soft green hues greeting those who wished to meet them with the sweetest of glances. She knew it was just time to deliver the message. If he was to react badly so be it. But it was all out of her control she thought.

"I hate to intrude upon the conversation but is one of you by chance Jared Carthallion?"

Though her voice did not waver, in fact it was just as sweet as the expression exuding from her slightly curved lips to jade hues, her heart felt a bit of nervousness. That nagging thought was once more, turn back, this is her business not yours, but something kept those feet planted as she stood there looking calm and collected.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-13, 22:08

~Ral watches as the woman approaches, curious. as she stops and coughs to grab their attention, he leans forward, even more curious.

As she asks for Jared, he leans forward, making a casual stretching movement that puts his weight on the balls of his feet for quick movement, the fingers of one hand draping with 'unconscious' casualness across the hilt of the sword at his hip as he lowers his glass, waiting with well-concealed tension. He MLs Gil: "I don't like this, be ready" his expression is still a bemused smile as he waits, watching the woman.~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-13, 22:20

~~Gil doesn't acknowledge Ral's ML, instead opting to turn and order another tankard, using the movement to give the woman a one-over and place his hand near one of the hand axes on his hip. he smiled pleasantly to the barkeep and half turns, catching the eye of a passing serving girl and asking her a quick question, sending her into a fit of giggle and a playful slap on his chest. he grins and winks,half turning to keep an eye on the situation as the girl goes off~~
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-13, 23:40

The silence and odd glances, she knew it was the not best way to go about things and perhaps she had began a a downward spiral. Casual eyes glanced at Giligian and then rested to Ralean. She watched him carefully still with that pleasant smile across her lips. His hand upon the hilt spoke more than he surely realized and even though she could simply push her way into minds of those that refused it, she was not about to, not only was it a personal pet peeve of hers when others did it to her but she was not trying to start any ill feelings between this group. Ral's tension though well concealed, still left a small crack for her mind to wander through. She herself surely looked like a simple young girl, but she was anything but, and the mask she always wore was flawless, making almost easier to see through others.

But words had been said and nothing could be taken back, the suspicion was raised now she too waited, the momentary pause almost palpable.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-13, 23:56

~Ral grins like a hunting cat, the flash of white, even teeth dancing with amusement. His actions were of physical tension only, and that itself only for readiness. he was more than at ease as he waited for the woman to speak. any slight touch upon his mind was met with an unyielding mental barrier of images, of mountains and valleys and rivers and majetic scenery of his old homes, images specially conditioned in his mind through the training by the Archmage to repel mental intrustions and to make him aware of such. he rests his elbows on the bar, tilting his head, letting the silence draw itself out and never taking his gaze from the woman's eyes~
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-14, 00:13

She was very interested by Ralean, curiosity, perhaps but maybe it was more. She did not know the man's nature or name but knew that he was not Jared but surely a dear friend. Soft green hues locked upon him intently now as she too flashed her simple smile, exposing perfectly white teeth. Her slender fingers found loose strands of her honey locks, tucking them back behind her ear. Still that silence was between them all, and though there were noises around them form the workers and other patrons she felt this odd wave of energy between them as she stood there.

"How rude of me my name is Letala, I promise you I mean not intention of harm."

She didn't bother asking for any introductions, she was hoping that they would be given freely, hoping that some of the tension that she felt would subside, and her nerves would calm. But it was also a stall to try and figure out how to continue on the conversation without it ending poorly.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-14, 00:29

~she watches Lilith as she looks over artimis. wondering if she was really interested or just wanting to steal the horse...she wanted to walk back in and apologize for the way she reacted. then she shift a moment sending a ML to Gil..~

::ML to Gil briefly:: Gil..am sorry for the way I had reacted earlier...I would come in there and say it..but I don't completely trust this Lilith with my horse...do you know anything about her?... ::

Ah yes. So you go where the wind takes you then. I did that for a while. Learn a few things.

*smiles as she walks over towards artimis and pets him alittle.*
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-05-14, 16:33

~~Gil recieves Jade's ML and chuckles, looking to Ral and the woman. he sends Jade a ML: "She's a confidence artist, a shyster, a cheat. Keep an eye, and if there's trouble, let me know." a short pause. "And it's alright, really. there are always circumstances."~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a day in the life...   Just a day in the life... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a day in the life...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next