Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Life in a new world.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

Life in a new world. Empty
PostSubject: Life in a new world.   Life in a new world. Icon_minitime2010-03-11, 19:45

Don't expect a Dear Diary or anything like that, I'm just documenting my journey, if you don't like it, well tough luck.

So I made it to the land of Aegis, not sure what to make of it. I stepped off of the ship that carried me here feeling pretty optimistic, silly me! The moment people here glimpsed my eyes, I was mobbed. I barely made it off of the docks of Cape Salarain in one piece. Another uncultured, stereotyping society.

I made it through that though, I hid for a while and was very careful when I re-appeared. I hate civilisation. People are fools and life is simpler alone. That being said, I am curious by nature, and it took so long to get to this damn fool island. So after getting off to such a fine start, I decided to head for a different city, the heart of this Land, Meriddia.

Well it went a little better than my first foray into Aegian life I must say, I actually managed to get a drink before the first signs of trouble emerged. I don't know who, or even why, but I do know I am being watched. I can almost guarantee there is animosity there, I don't exactly inspire confidence in my fellow man, and this fabled land is far from welcoming to strangers. However, I digress.

To continue, I was merely minding my own business, having a quiet drink in a pub in Meriddia when I felt the first stirrings of trouble. I figured hiding again was my best bet, find out who is behind it after, until then I needed help. That's how I met Meghan. Of all the people in the pub, she was the least likely to be the source of the ill feeling i was getting, so I got her attention and she agreed to help. Pretending to be blind, she led me through the city into crowded areas to be sure i had lost anybody that would wish to pursue me.

She put me up for the night too, and the oddest thing happened. The fact that I dreamed is strange enough, but I dreamed about her. It was the strangest experience I have ever had, I didn't just dream about her, I was her. I have a sneaking suspicion it may not be coincidental, and after being greeted quite frostily this morning, i am pretty certain that she was the source. I am going to try and find out more, but for now I have a bigger task at hand.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't go seeking out trouble. I am going to find out who is troubling me and put a stop to it, I am a simple thief and just trying to make a life somewhere. So today I plan on getting information. Should be simple enough, but there is always the risk that a major player is at work here. Guess i'll find out soon. First off, time to meet the other thieves and crooks, this should be fun!

K
Back to top Go down
Kaeleth Raennor

Kaeleth Raennor

Life in a new world. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in a new world.   Life in a new world. Icon_minitime2012-02-12, 01:20

See now, I told you I wasn't very good at this Journal stuff, it's too much like hard work.

So a lot has happened since my last entry, Meriddia was eventful to say the least. I gave up trying to find my annoying shadow early on, I probably would have been able to find more information had I actually seen them. A pity to be sure.

My meetings with the thieves, now that was memorable. It took a while to find them, seems the chess match that is politics on this island has made them very nervous, or maybe it's just me. I finally found a low level beggar willing to point me in the right direction.

The low-level scum of the streets seemed willing to help when they figured I could be valuable ally, 'middle management' was another story. I got the usual initiation, being led around blindfolded to darkened rooms, identities kept secret, small tasks to prove loyalty, in fact it all seemed to be going a little too well.

So finally i got to meet face to face, it's amazing how even seasoned thieves quail a little before a man with glowing eyes, you'd think that this wouldn't be such a surprise with some of the stories I have heard about some of the locals, however, i digress. I was given a simple task, ok simple is a lie, but it wasn't exactly difficult, more awkward than anything. I was to sneak onto a guarded estate, some well to do rich folk with some fun looking collections, it seems they were not of interest. I was sent to steal a book.

It seems absurd, jewels and artefacts abound and I only need a book, thieves today have no self-respect it seems, either that or I undervalued my services. Maybe that is why I wasn't trusted, I didn't charge enough.

So retrieving the book went smoothly enough, I didn't raise any alarms, always a bonus. Handing it off to my employer, not so smooth a transaction. I sensed the trap immediately. A word to the wise, never mess with an empath, especially not when they have over a century of experience. It would seem however, the thief that laid the trap, or ex-thief as he is now, was quite important. I think he should have known better than to attempt this kind of deception, idiot. Anyways, to cut a long story short, i'm a marked man, and no longer in Meriddia. I wonder if they have realised I left yet.

Time to wrap this up. I am on my way to hide this book while I figure out what it is and how much it's worth. I may as well make a profit since it has caused me this much trouble. I hear rumours of a cursed graveyard-type place, doesn't sound like it gets many visitors, so I think i'll stash it there.

K

((OOC: I apologise for any continuity errors created between these two posts ... I have been away for a loooooooooooong time))
Back to top Go down

Life in a new world.
Page 1 of 1