Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A moment in time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

A moment in time Empty
PostSubject: A moment in time   A moment in time Icon_minitime2010-04-18, 21:26

Rensain
The Common room of his mansion was silent until Rensain stepped through the portal that he had made in the corner. He was glad to be home, but he was bothered and annoyed. He stood there, dressed in the finest of dark straight suits, his cloak hanging generously off his shoulders pausing to remove his top hat and gloves, allowing the cane to levitate to a nearby chair. He made a mind link to Maire, asking her to come to him directly in the politest fashion possible.

Maire says:
Maires concentration was broken as she heard Rensains request. She quickly stacked her papers neatly and rose from her desk. Her fingers were stained with ink as she had been writing combinations of herbs for her apothecary. She felt Rensains urgency and quickly made her way to the common room from the study he had let her have. It was going to be her office away from the shop. She ran a quick hand through her hair and then entered the room. A unmistakable smile filled with definite affection graced him as she spoke” Good evening love"~

Rensain says:
As his eyes set upon hers, it raised a smile. No matter how bad a day Rensain had, he could always depend upon Maire to please him with just a look. "My dear, forgive me if I alarmed you..." it had been a long day, and now he had to inform her about Vladimir. Upsetting his Lady love was not on the agenda, yet he knew he would have to go through with it regardless. Approaching her, he held out his arms, desperate for a comforting embrace. He wanted to be her support and strength, yet he also wanted to simply feel her body pressed against his own. He had missed her deeply, and inwardly it had pained him.

Maire says:
There of course was no hesitation on her part. Rensain was likened to the air she breathed. She slid into his arms comfortably and like a familiar blanket she enveloped him. Her arms slid up around his neck and she laid her cheek against his chest. She seemed to know intuitively that he was upset about something. She held him for a moment just letting him be. He would speak when he needed. Her> body fit his and she just held him~

Rensain says:
Feeling her form physically melt into his own, his head tilted to one side. Obsidian strands of silken hair fell across his eyes as he rubbed his face against hers. His arms made their way around her slender waist as if they had always belonged there. It took a few moments, whilst he found the time to enjoy the moment and inhale her beautiful scent but now he cleared his throat and leaned back so that he could look down and stare into her adoring eyes. "I applied for our wedding to be official today, and Vladimir refuses to grant it until you see him." He would of course get straight to the point, it was in Rensain's nature.

Maire says:
Maires brow furrowed in question as she absently wound tendrils of his hair around her forefinger as her hands rested near his neck" Is it customary for such a thing? I understand this kingdom has its own laws but I have never heard of such." she could not think of a reason why she would need to have a audience with Vlad for such a thing. She gave a sigh" It must not be customary or you wouldn’t felt this way about it." her eyes grew slightly troubled and she answered him as frankly as he had approached her" You worry he has alternative motive then to simply wish us the best of nuptials"~

Rensain says:
Rensain loved how she played with his hair, and let her do so as he talked, his breath tickling against her delicate ear. "No, it is not. He is simply being a bastard. He wants to see if I'll comply and jump to his every command." Whilst Vladimir’s' games were not new to him, it was clear at how unsettled Rensain was that there was more to this than he had previously mentioned. Nuzzling further into her warm body, he exhaled, breathing along her neck. "He always has ulterior motives, but this was a test. He was looking for my reaction on the matter."

Maire says:
She closed her eyes and slowly let out her breath again " My allegiance and adoration are not to him but to you....if it is going to be a hassle my love for you would be no less if I did not share your name" it was a way out if he wished it. It did not affect her affections or trust of him one iota." Dealing with Vlad on a good day can be trying, " she leaned back and cupped his face " I will go if you wish it as well. I just remember how he toyed with your first wife and I do not wish to have to be put in that situation" she would never betray him but Vlad liked to play games and she did not wish to be a pawn used to get to Rensain.~

Rensain says:
He knew what she was trying to say to him, but Rensain was not one to take a way out of anything. He was stubborn, a born fighter especially in the arena of politics. He rested his forehead upon hers and closed his eyes, his fingertips stroking the curve of her back affectionately. "Oh no dear, make no mistake we'll marry regardless. In my heart, we are already joined. The formality is for public reasons to our son and so that legally if anything happens to me. You inherit everything." His tone was decidedly determined, and his gaze fell to the floor, now speaking quietly. "I challenged him, you see, and I asked him what was to happen if I did not willingly bring you along...to which he threatened me with your life, Marcus' life. He knows now, of my weakness for you. How can I protect you now?" He was not being ignorant in thinking she couldn't take care of herself, yet as a man, he held the belief that he should be the one to keep her safe in all matters.

Maire says:
She locked eyes with him and smiled, no anxiousness in her voice " Then I shall find my best dress, and I shall be as pleasant as a picnic on summers day. If he finds fault with me , then he only undermines his own rule and his feeling that he can upon a whim play with peoples lives." She kissed his lips softly" I shall play his game but out of character for what he is expecting. I shall play a martyr if I have to. I will not let my pride be my downfall as it is his....worry not my love we shall get through this and I shall give him no reason to foster further disdain" in her heart she knew that Vlad could have her instantly thrown into the dungeons if he wished it but would he let his reputation suffer so greatly to foster a grudge? .
Rensain says:
Exhaling once again, he lovingly kissed her forehead. "How anyone can find fault with you, my sweet love, is beyond me." Affectionately, he reached down and cupped his hand along her jaw line. His voice was quiet, yet strong. " Know that I am proud of you..." was all that he would say, for he knew she would understand his gratitude on the matter. Further arguments with Vladimir was not what he needed, yet, he would not stand by and allow Vladimir’s whims to destroy his family. Maire would know this also, and he was honored that she felt that she could trust him to the degree that she did. It was not a commitment he took lightly. "We will go, but you will not grovel and be made a laughing stock. I will not stand for it Maire."

Maire says:
" I will not have him use me as a pawn to put a dagger in your heart Rensain. We can only guess at this point what is in his thoughts, so we go prepared for the worst and then precede from there. It is all we can do at this point." she placed her head on his shoulder again and held him tightly" When you wish to go I shall be ready." it was not her desire of course to do anything but to continue with the life she had, her fledgling idea of her apothecary, the return of their son and the love of this dark man she held. "
Back to top Go down

A moment in time
Page 1 of 1