Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting for Jade (Part 2)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 19:38

Artimus finally awoke. He wasn't sure how long he had been asleep, but it was dark outside. He suspected the sun was hiding just below the horizon, waiting to spring up and surprise everyone at any moment.

He sat up, stretching and yawning, realising Indis was lying next to him.

He started to move very slowly, to avoid disturbing her, then realised it was pointless, as her eyes were open and she was staring directly at him. he glanced across and saw Jade still asleep.

Morning He smiled at his wife, then remembered their argument from the day before. The smile dropped off his face.

About yesterday... I wasn't thinking straight. which was about as close to an apology as she would probably get from him.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 19:47

~she nodded and smile alittle~

"Its ok. I just hate that i have no control over where I go. I fought hard to stay with Jade. I saw that look on her face just as I flickered out back to the library... that is the face I know she made when she found out about my death or I am pretty sure that was it. She looked completely lost."

~she looked into his eyes.~

"I know you didn't mean to and they rattled you with the stories but I am always with you. Just sometimes you just need to clue us in on what you are thinking... well me at least since i can't mindlink anymore."

~she brought her hand up to the side of his face. smiled and kissed him softly~

"She will pick up on things from you more your around her. and you won't even have to mindlink she will just know."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 20:01

He smiled back at her.

Yes, she will. Is it wrong to feel frightened by that? He grinned slightly to show he was joking, although eh did mean it, in a small little way. Another version of him. A FEMALE version of him! Was the world ready for another?

I should have left the pendant with Jade, at least you would have been there to help her. Still, we managed to get her back with no lasting harm d...... He glanced at his sleeping daughter and thought about what she said she had done. He didn't feel anger towards her - he knew she would have to at some point, she was like him after all.

He looked back to Indis.

I suppose I should be grateful she didn't have to pay for it... He was of course referring to his first encounter, although he hadn't paid for it himself either. Ironic really, that the person who had paid for him was the same person who took his daughter...

We should make an early start. Get to the cave and gather our things before anyone comes looking for us.

He realised she probably had no idea what he was rambling about.

Jade seems to have told Tiberious about the cave. I've been trying to decide where we can lie-low. Salarain is out of the question with Louis and Erika living there. Same here in Grorr. Icehold wouldn't welcome us and the forest has been found.
That only leaves Draco and Meriddia. You know how I feel about Draco, so setting up home there is out of the question, which leaves Meriddia. But Tiberious knows how I feel about Draco, meaning he'll know to look in Meriddia, so that's out of the question, meaning Draco is the only logical choice.
And because it's a logical choice, Tiberious will know to find us there, meaning we can't set up home in Draco, leaving meriddia as the only option left to us....

He paused for a moment.
And then my head starts to hurt...

A small thought occurred to him. If Jade had mentioned the cave, had she also mentioned the connection with the library? Oh dear Gods....

Then another thought popped into his head, and he started to smile. That cocky grin emerge on his face. Oh yes.... Why hadn't he seen that one before?
Surely they wouldn't look for him there, would they?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 20:07

~she looked at her husband the look of bad news on her face.~

"Hon...I saw tib not long after you and Jade fell asleep and he had his horse geared up. and headed towards the Forest.."
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 20:10

~she had opened her eyes~

"I didn't say anything about the library. Just the lake. I said we moved around it." ~she then sat up and looked at them.~

"I said that dad had a secret about you and him and I still don't know how he does it. Maybe its best not to tell me." ~she sat on the edge of the bed.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 20:19

Artimus looked at Indis, then at his daughter.

I don't blame you Jade. You were angry at me. he sighed. It's the pendant. I can call her, and make her go. Like a trained puppy. But she's only got a limited range., which is why she vanished when I ran off.

He had no hesitation about telling her. He needed her to trust him, and not make her think he thought she would go telling their secrets to everyone she met.

He got off the bed and started to dress.
Now, Azure is faster than Fallous, but he can't keep up Fallous' pace over a long distance, so I should be able to.... He stopped dressing and looked up.

Except Azure isn't here, is he? I left him in Draco to recover.... Alright, change of plan. We'll head back to the cave and hope Tiberious hasn't found it yet, gather what we can and leave.

he flashed that grin once more.

I think I know the perfect place where they'll never find us! It's warm, got running water, and is very well protected.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 20:27

~she glared at her husband and stood up next to him and tilted her head at him~

"Am a puppy now? First a sandwich maker and now a puppy?" ~she made an angry face at him~

"Maybe it was a bad Idea to get this pendant made. If that is all I am to you." ~she glanced down at the ring he gave her and started to play with it and pull it off then stopped and slapped him across the face. and then stormed out of the room and down to the bar and sat.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 20:28

~she stood there and glanced between the two of them. not saying a word.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 20:39

He remained standing, his face showing surprise after the slap. His eyes moved to Jade as he realised she wasn't going to say anything.

I think I just undid all the good work from earlier. he said slowly, then flexed his cheek with his left hand.

Your mother still has a good right hook.

He sat on the bed and sighed.

Oh Jade, what have I done now! I can't leave her right now, if we walk away now, she'll go out of range and catapult back to the library, but I haven't got time to get her to come with us. We need to find horses to get us around... He looked at his daughter, his eyes showing the weight of the world in them.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 20:48

~she sat down next to him~

"Stay here patch things up with mom. I can do the run to the cave faster then if all of us go." ~she smiled~

"Remember I have my abilities that will get me there faster and i can get what we need and get back here. Then we can go."

~she put her arm around him and gave him a squeeze.~

"And Dad try not to abuse the gift of having mom around. At least she is still here with us. Just think of it this way. How would you be without her around? really think about that. I think we both be in trouble without her."

~she stood up and smiled softly at him~
"I love ya dad. I will be back later."

~she walked out the room and downstairs and saw how mad her mom was and just let her be and walked outside and went to the back of the tavern and within a few moments was in the ground and moving towards the camp.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 21:12

He sat and listened to his daughters plan, nodding along with it. It all made sense. Yes he knew Tiberious was out there, but he had at least treated Jade with respect it seemed. His anger seemed to be aimed at Artimus himself, so maybe Jade would actually be safer on her own.

He watched her go, then finished dressing and opened the door.
he looked around the tavern, spotting Indis, and slowly walked towards her, trying desperately to remember the day they first met. It was the night she and her other countrymen had arrived en-mass and he had found her bleeding, her pride too much to bear asking for help, so he'd done it discreetly for her. Now, what had been his first words to her? Oh yes...

He moved to the side of the table where she was and looked down on her, standing in his old way, offering his hand.

Artimus Morningstar. Former Captain of her Majesties Guards, and currently the worst possible husband on the island. Such a shame we have to meet in a situation like this.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-20, 21:25

~she chuckled alittle and recalled that day. " Indis Blake. Former Glenn Haven Counsilmen...or woman.. and yes it would have been nicer to meet under different circumstances. and yes you are up for worst husband of day right now."

~she looked up at him.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-21, 03:09

Artimus leaned over, not sitting down at the table just yet.

You look like you could use a healer for that heart of yours. Can i try and make it up to you somehow? He reached over, gently running the back of his hand across her cheek.

I've got time, and a room.

He hoped she realised what he was implying, about the fact he had time.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-21, 04:01

~she arched an eyebrow at him. and leaned into his touch. and smiled alittle. she always had a problem with not staying mad at him. She loved him to damn much. She was still so glad that he came back for her.~

"So just us time. hmmm?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-21, 04:13

He smiled at her and nodded.

Just you, me, and anything else you think we might need. You're right, I should open up more about what I'm thinking. And.. I'm sorry. For everything.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-21, 04:25

~she smiled softly at him~

"I accept."

~she stood up and kissed him~

"No more sandwich or puppy comments. I hate that I have a limit as it is. And I can only read your mind so far."

~she took his hand and pulled him up to the room and shut the door.~

~wrapping her arms around him and kissing him more as she backed him back to the bed pulling clothing off as they did.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-21, 05:35

It was some time later as Artimus thought this was the best thing about having an argument. Making up afterwards.

They lay in quiet contentment for a while before Artimus finally moved.

So, we need somewhere to live for a while. I have an idea. He grinned that cheeky grin fo his.
How do you feel about interior design?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-21, 10:44

~she smiled up at him.~

~she raised an eyebrow~

"Interior Design? Why?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-22, 03:37

Because, I think I've thought of the perfect place to live for a while.

He rolled over onto his side.

It's large, well defended, and it's perhaps the last place on Aegis anyone would expect to find me. The last time I was there, it had very nice interior design, but of course that might have changed. I haven't been there for a while. Oh, and we might have to make friends with the locals.

He winked, enjoying teasing her by not just coming straight out with it.

Now, the question is - do we wait for Jade, then go back to Draco to pick up Azure and head out for the new home, or go to Draco then back here to wait for Jade, or wait for Jade then go straight to the new home and collect Azure later?

He was hoping that he wasn't showing any signs of worry about her. He was trying not to, he had to let her fend for herself. But he did keep thinking "I sent my daughter off to face Tiberious". He sighed.

She'll be fine, as long as she doesn't try and intimidate him.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-22, 12:13

~she smiled as she tried to figure out where he was talking about. As she thought there was missing pieces of memory. She knew she knew what he was talking about but just couldn't bring it up. She started to wonder if this memory issue was going to get worse. she looked like she was in deep thought her forehead wrinked alittle.~

"I think we should head to Draco get Azure and come back here and wait. If she takes too long tho. I think we should go look for her. Cause we both know how trouble seems to like her... ~she grins up to her husband~ and you lately."

~she laid there against art for a while just enjoying the moment~

"My captain... I have been thinking or better yet recalling the memory I have of that place you are talking about. I know I know what it is. But it seems to be in the part of my head I can't remember. I keep getting these holes in my memories. I just hope it doesn't get worse."

~she layed her head on his chest and held him tightly listening to his heart.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-22, 17:25

Artimus sat up slightly, turning towards her and frowning.

Holes in your memory? I don't think you've ever been where I'm thinking. We went past it a couple of times, once on the boat when I pointed it out and told you I don't like the place. But what else do you think you've forgotten?

Even as he said it, he realised it was a stupid question.

He looked worried. Indis was important to him; she managed o keep him sane when everything around him was going against him. He needed her. And he needed her to be her.

He realised just how for granted he'd taken her since his return. She was right. His comments about a sandwich girl and a puppy. Even him running away from her. She had waited so long for his return, and he was just accepting that she was around all the time.

He ran a hand over her body.

Gods Indy, I love you!
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-22, 17:43

~she nodded about the holes in her memory~

"I may not have been there but all I remember is everyone would make fun of it. There are details missing. Nothing when it came to you or jade or even the farstriders and the Queen. More of the people I had contact with that i should remember but don't. I have only had my memory go really bad once. I had even forgot jade in a short span. I knew there was someone important I was forgetting and I found the locket with all our pictures and it triggered everything."

~she looked at him as he seemed to be processing things then he said he loved me she just smiled up at him.~

"I love you to My captain and no matter where or what is going on am always with you. Just like you have and are always with me." ~she held tightly to him~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-23, 03:44

Artimus felt his heart skip a beat.

When Jade gets back with the journal, there is some information in there might help you remember people.

He knew she knew what that journal meant to him. He never invited anyone to look inside it. She herself had told him she would never look in it unless he said she could.

Near the back. I've got some information on a few of the more.. interesting... people on the island.

He rolled back, staring at the ceiling for a moment.

I'm thinking maybe we could leave a message for Jade, ask her to go to Draco and get Azure, then meet us in Meriddia. There is someone I need to see there; some things I need to get.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-23, 12:34

~she nods as she sits up.~

"someone?" ~started to think who there he would have to see and for what?~

"Well you could leave a note with the barkeep. Then we could take off at first light."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-09-23, 16:48

He smiled slightly, his mind on other things despite what he'd just said.

Yeah. Just some... one.

He remained on his back.

Indy, about the journal. There is a few things in there I didn't want you to ever see. I'm pretty sure you'll be angry with me. But I'm telling you abotu it now to prepare you for it. I hope after you've calmed down at me, you'll understand why I had to...

He realised he was being cryptic - very cryptic, but it had to be said before she found out some other way.

There is a reason why I'm so protective of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Jade (Part 2)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next