Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting for Jade (Part 2)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 03:51

He looked at Indis, ignoring the mindlink for the moment.

I didn't mean it like that.. It was an idea, not a command. You can ride with me and read if you prefer. I just thought it might be comfier...

What in the nine hells was wrong with him? It was like being back at the start of their relationship when he was fumbling around and saying the wrong things all the time.

He looked over at Jade and sent her a mindlink.

"Yes we did. Then I messed up again right away when she said I should be more honest, so I was and she got angry again."

Did you say Tiberious LET you go?

Art's mind started racing. Maybe they fought and her stone ability stopped her getting hurt.

Any idea what he was doing there? I mean, was he trying to destroy our stuff, or just loot it, or anything?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 13:00

~she smiled with her eyes closed.~

"Well.. he made a deal with me a kiss and he let me out of the cave and he wants to spar no holding back. And I agreed. And he seemed very interested in your journal. But I figured for as well as it was hiding you didn't want anyone to have it. I trusted him a little to much. But he didn't know about my abilities so I had the upper hand pretty much the whole time. I didn't drop my stoneskin the whole time it wore me out and moving thru the ground." ~she covered up and rolled over~ "Now give me two hours and I will be ready to go."

~ml~ "Really Dad...what am I going to do with you two."
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 13:15

~looked up~

"I would rather be with you. then that library. Someone has to keep an eye on you. All you need is to fall into some trap the farstrider boys have set up.."

~even being as mad as she was didn't want to leave his side not for long. She had waited so long for him to come back to her. Tho with the way things were going she wasn't too sure about anything..~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 17:10

He raised and moved off the bed, to let her lie down.

A no holds bar spar? Well... Just make sure you take care. He usually likes to fight to First Blood - who ever bleeds first loses. I suppose...

He trailed off as his mind started to work, tactics going through.

You could do the stone trick once again, that should prevent him slicing you for a while, while you can move in and get a strike.

He paused, thinking again, then looked at her.

Unless you really want to test your mettle against him. He was a man of honour, and from the sound of things he still is. He let you go, twice now. He probably will not hold back, but he won't kill you. Not in a spar.

He could see her starting to fall asleep, and sent a single Mindlink.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine."

He turned back to Indis, keeping his voice low.

Should we wait a bit He indicated Jade.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 17:22

~she nodded as she fell asleep fast~

~ml~" I...love you..dad and ...don't ever leave us..."
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 17:24

~she nodded~

"Lets go downstairs. You need to eat something." ~she held tight to the journal.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 18:01

He nodded to her, his eyes flicking to the journal for a moment. It had been in his possession for so many years now, his own pet project, that he had never let anyone else even know about, let alone see. And now he was just handing it over.
But, that was how much he trusted her.

Yes, i could do with some food He said, half wondering if he should ask her to leave the journal here, where it would be safer.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 18:13

~she walked over into a corner seat as she having her back to the wall as she waited for art to take the seat by her. As she started to read as a lock of hair came out and she replaced it in the book and started to read the journal. She stopped for a moment and looked at her husband.~

"Thank you...for trusting me. I will never tell what this has inside it never." ~she looked at him wanting him to see she meant it.~

"I am sorry I over reacted..." ~she reached over the table grabbing his hand with her hand with the ring on it so he could see she put it back on.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 18:21

He saw the ring and nodded.

It wasn't an over-reaction. You didn't know what I had written about you.
He hoped she didn't ask about the lock of hair. he should have warned her about opening it carefully.

And.. I hope you understand WHY I had to do it. Someone had to. And I couldn't trust anyone else with the information.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 18:34

~she nodded~

"I do understand and I wouldn't want anyone else to have done it. I know it was your way to guard the things that meant the most to you. I just hope no one gets ahold of it. Cause in the wrong hands..."

~she looked into his eyes.~

"Please forgive me. It just took me by surprise." ~she leaned across the table and kissed him~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 19:24

He smiled at her, glad things were back to the way they should be.

Now you see why I'm so paranoid about it. It's quite a collection, even f I do say so myself.

Yes, many years work, contained within the pages, bound with leather. He really should have been more careful about his coding system though. He suspected she could see right through it.

You will let me have it back when you'r finished with it, won't you?

His mind went back to something Jade had said, and he frowned.

Did jade say Tiberious was trying to get it? How did he know about it?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-24, 20:26

~she nodded~

"Of course. Its your journal. Did you ever mention it to this to the guards you were tight with them before hell you guys know each others moves and pretty much know what you are all thinking. I am guessing short of using what is in here..Jade and myself are going to be the best weapons against them."

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 03:16

He shook his head.

I never mentioned it to anyone. Well, people knew I kept a journal which contained my private thoughts which i liked to keep hidden, but that was it. No one knew what information I was collecting about them.

He sighed slightly.

I never thought anyone might actually be interested in my private thoughts.

He paused as a member of the serving staff brought some food over, then he winked at Indis.

It might explain to you why I always liked to spar with any strangers who started turning up a lot. It gave me a chance to examine their fighting style.

He started to tuck into the food that had been brought over.

Of course, the secret was for me to fight in a different style to normal, so to avoid the same thing happening.

He spoke between mouthfuls of food, a smile breaking out on his face as he remembered one such event.

Did I ever tell you about the threeway spar I had between Raziel Ravenclawand Paige?

He knew about the holes in her memory, and hoped mentioning their names might trigger the memory of them. He was fairly sure she knew Paige, but wasn't sure about Raziel. Had Raziel turned bad before Indis had arrived on the island?
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 11:02

~she smiled~

"I always loved how your mind works. Its nice to see alittle more of the inside workings." ~she grins from behind the journal.~

"And here I thought you wanted me to spar you cause it be fun sexy time to get all worked up and feel the tension."

~she chuckled and smiles softly~

"I didn't know you sparred with them. I know you did with the farstriders. but not those two. It sad about Raziel. I only met him a few times."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 11:20

He told the story while he ate.

Yeah. We were in the throne room one night, relaxing and drinking - well they were. I was officially on duty so I wasn't drinking. Me and Raziel were picking on Paige a little, and you know what she was like. So she challenged us both to a duel. Well, a triple really. Every man for him - or her - self.

I'd sparred with Raziel before, so I knew what he could do, ad I'd seen Paige training with Tiberious, but never seen her up close and personal. They were slightly drunk, while I was fine.

Anyway, we took the fight outside to avoid damaging the decor of the throne room. I was content at the start to hold back and let them fight each other before moving in to finish them both off.

We were fighting to first blood, as usual. Raziel spotted me hiding in the shadows and realised what i was doing, so tried to get me involved, then Paige realised and she came after me. I was sparring with her when Raziel threw one of his swords at me. It hit a little close for comfort, almost making it so Jade would never have born, if you catch my meaning.

I knocked Paige out, but Raz's sword had sliced the inside of my leg, so I guess technically Raziel won.

He finished his food and looked at her.

It got me a lot of information on them both He smiled.

Last edited by Artimus Morningstar on 2010-09-25, 11:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 11:26

~she chuckled~ "that must have been a interest spar to see. I am glad he missed. Cause I rather enjoy my time with you."

~she winked at him~

"Speaking of Jade. We should check on her." ~she smiled~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 11:31

He smiled once again as he stood up.

No, you misunderstood. If the sword had landed a little higher, then i would still be here to enjoy time with you. Just that.. Jade would never been made...

He winked.

Good for Raz that he missed.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 11:39

~she smiled~

"Shall we go up and check on her?"

"I am rather interested in whom you are going to see."

~she read alittle more in the journal coming across a few entries on peria and him. she clears her throat and changes the way she sitting~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 11:43

He realised from her body language she must have reached... Well, he knew should was going to read it at some point.

Yes, maybe we should check on her. And.. just remember, you're the one I came back to.

he hoped that sounded romantic enough. He wasn't good at this romance thing.
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 11:53

~she looked up at him and smiled.~

"I know honey. I waited for that day. Just hoping you would. And that moment I saw you... ~she whispered.~ Am glad am still here in one form or another." ~she closed the journal and slide out of the seat.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 11:55

He walked with her back to the room, his arm around her waist. He opened the door softly, looking in to see if his daughter was still asleep.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 12:05

~she was lying in bed awake just lying there and sits up hearing the door.~

"Good Morning." ~she yawns. and sits up.~

"How are you two? And are we ready to go?" ~she got up from the bed and scretched.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 12:14

~she leaned against her husband as they walked together and smiled at they entered the room seeing jade on the bed. as her thoughts went to if it wouldn't have been for her. She wouldn't be here. She had been so crushed when he left and jade was the one thing that held her together and gave her hope that art would be back in her arms again one day. and here both are. All together in a happy family.~

"Morning sleepy head."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 12:20

He didn't know what Indy was thinking, but gave a silent thank you to whatever Gods it was who were watching over him that day, when Raziel's katana hit a few inches lower than it might have done.

You feeling better now? He asked Jade, knowing that her seeing hima dn Indy with their arms around each other would show her they were alright once again.

He knew Jade worried about their misunderstandings.

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime2010-09-25, 12:34

~she smiled big seeing them the way they were.~

"Yes am ready to go. We should watch tho if Tib was coming back here he will be here soon if he isn't here." ~she got up and walked up over and got her second pair of boots on and slid a few of the extra daggers.~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Jade (Part 2)   Hunting for Jade (Part 2) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Jade (Part 2)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next