Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Swimming? Why the hell not?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

Swimming? Why the hell not? Empty
PostSubject: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 18:17

Silence. But for the wind there was never any sound up here.
Kharne soared lazily upon thermals generated by his own flame some thousand feet in the air. All around and below him Everest forest spread like a deep carpet with as many shades as anyone could imagine. Of course no forest was ever simply bits of green stuck on bits of brown, but Everest seemed to go just that step further.
He was passing over the forest's most western edge, where the rolling hills flowed down from the mountains behind him to flatter ground. As he turned his gaze north-west Kharne was able to just make out Merridia. A few lazy beats of his wings carried him in that general direction.
The capital city wasn't where he wanted to go, however, but the huge lake that wallowed out far outside the city on the very edges of the forest. Golden eyes focused then as the huge body of water caught the sunlight and seemed to beckon. He answered.
Pulling his wings in towards his scarred flanks Kharne dropped into a shallow dive, gaining speed as he descended until he was almost able to reach down with any of his four paws to brush the tree tops. Then suddenly he was over water, the all but nameless lake which was fed from the north and emptied out towards the sea to the south. He pulled up sharply then with folded wings allowed himself, all three tons of him, to plummet into the water.
So long since he'd done this. All those years ago when he'd been merely a visitor, then a soldier of the realm, named for the rank of guardian. Kharne had still had a sense of fun then. Innocence. He finally surfaced, slowly gliding through the water propelled by his powerful tail before rolling onto his back to watch the sky above him for a moment.
As much as his mind wandered through memories of him carrying friends across the surface only to suddenly duck below, he was also thinking of his conversation with Angel. He would need to travel to Grorr soon and speak with Ralean, after he checked in on the bureaucrats in his own city. But he needed this, even if it was only for an hour.
Rolling forwards so that once again only the top of his head and back broke the surface he realized that he was closing on the eastern shore of the lake so he made to turn in a casual arc. He didn't want to continue just yet but soon he would have to climb out and continue on to Salarain.
Back to top Go down
http://wrinkly-ninja.deviantart.com/
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 20:04

Artimus was perched up in a tree, bow and arrow in hand, watching, tracking his prey below.
Jade was down there, he could see her.
The arrow was blunt, designed to do no harm apart from sting slightly. He knew she was hunting him.

He closed one eye, pulling the string back further, watching, tracking....

An almightly splash broke his concentration; water flying out of the lake, the shock and surprise of it making him lose balance and fall to the ground at her feet.
Dammit! How the hell had she done that!

The bow followed moments after him, landing on his leg. He glanced up at his daughter, then to the lake.

Nice work... How did you do that?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 09:52

~she grinned wishing she could have taken credit.~

"I wish I could have thought of that.." ~she looked at her father.~

~she ran to the waters edge and took stance just in case she needed to put up some sort of shield.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 10:00

He ran over as well and saw... something large floating on the surface.
How in the hell had he missed THAT coming down over his head?

His manner relaxed as he realised what it was, an dhis hands went to his hips.

Alright you. Get out of the lake. There was a playful grin on his lips as he turned to look at Jade.

If I'm not mistaken, this is one of our famous Dukes...
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 10:20

~she sees her father relax which in turn makes her relax some tho she wasn't so sure.~

~seeing jade you would think at first glance she was Indis... aside from the Blonde hair like her father instead of her mothers dark brown hair.~

~she ran a hand thru her hair.~

"You mean.. Kharne?"
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 10:43

Kharne's head spun at the sound of voices, his eyes narrowing as he sought out the sources, water cascading from him as he hauled himself from the water.
He was undersized for his kind, reaching to barely forty feet in length he was roughly two thirds the size he should be when full grown. His bulldog like head was crowned with severe looking horns and thick armour ran down his spin until it reached the tip of his powerful spiked tail. His head lowered to their level, taking in detail but revealing little in expression except around his eyes. Finally his blunt snout moved towards Artimus, revealing three scars running down the left. He watched for a moment breathing in his scent.
"Well? I think you're a little late for your shift. Don't you?" he said in an amused tone.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 10:55

Usually the sight of a large, thick skinned beast capable of eating him whole would have terrified him, but Artimus stood his ground. He trusted Kharne. Were those scars new? He couldn't remember seeing them before, but had not been paying attention before.

Didn't you hear? I quit.

He held his eyes on him before breaking out in a smile.

How have you been? Oh, where are my manners... Kharne, this is Jade Blake. I understand you knew her mother. Jade, this is Commander Kharne Serafin, also known as the Duke of Cape Salarain.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 11:02

~she watched closely alittle guarded. her eyes move between the two of them~

"Oh..hello. Your Kharne..~she was alittle surprised~" "Honor to meet you sir." ~she bowed her head alittle.~
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 12:07

"Blake..." Kharne rumbled softly as his eyes turned to the woman.
He shook more water from his wings before offering a bow in return. The gesture consisted of him balancing on three legs as he held his right fore paw towards his armoured chest and bowing his head.
"I thought there was something familiar about you." he finished.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 12:24

Artimus stood aside a little, giving Kharne more room. Hell knew, the big guy needed it.
He remained silent for the moment, wondering if Kharne might make any connection between the pair of them.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 15:28

~she smiled softly~

"I have heard about you from my mother. She told me alittle about you in some letters." ~she flashed a grin at him~

"Its nice to finally meet you."
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 15:36

Even as Artimus wondered, Kharne's eyes flickered between him and Jade then back again as though in answer.
Jade caught his attention once more.
"Aye most of it bad most likely. Your mother was a great help to me administrating Salarain. Much more patient with the whole process." he said, settling down to his belly to bring him a little closer to their own height.
"So what were you two up to?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 15:42

~she chuckles~

"It wasn't bad actually."

~she runs a hand thru her hair.~

" Actually da.. um Art here was just helping me with some training."
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 16:29

Kharne's head nodded a little as he looked towards Artimus.
"I've been thinking of something similar with Arianna." he said. "The trick is knowing where to start."
He rubbed at his lower jaw with a fore paw for a moment.
"I can fight when needed, but teaching is a whole different thing."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 16:33

He saw the look Kharne gave the pair of them, and smirked. That pretty much told Artimus all he needed to know.

Indis was a very patient woman. She had to be, she put up with me long enough.

He glanced over to Jade, giving her a "He knows" look, then looked back to Kharne.

Just a few bit of extra training - the kind they don't provide over in Grorr. You're a good fighter. Just start her off with simple sword fighting. I'm sure you're training can't be any worse than Jade's first day. He paused there, letting her explain what he'd put her through, if she wanted.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 16:38

~she nods and chuckled~

"God well i don't have all of moms patience but I have some. Cause father made me move 5 boulders to the other side of the lake separated tri colored rice...twice..he dug a whole and wanted me to fill it with water... I was separating the rice a second time and lost it eventually...but that is what he was trying to do. and I suprised him with filling that hole with water.. "
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 17:13

Kharne chuckled as he rose and started to move over to where they had gestured. He moved lightly given his size and weight, like a born predator. He gazed at the hole for a moment then sighed.
The air around him seemed to shimmer for a moment as he veered forms. Where the dragon had stood now crouched a youthful looking man wearing simple clothing which was almost like a uniform. As he stood he showed all the quiet assurance that he had in his draconic form, though like that form he was still a little on the short side. He strolled back towards Art and Jade, his hands clasped behind his back and a broad grin on his face.
"All that to fill a hole with water?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 17:16

No, to teach her control of her anger. I had to frustrate her enough to lash out, then make her angry enough to lose control. Then she could learn the lesson I wanted to teach her. Which is simply "Never fight while angry". It as a lot of effort, but she lasted far longer than I would have!

Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 17:23

~she smiled as kharne shifted she didn't expect it.~

"Well I was complaining to myself most the time trying to figure out the point of it. But mother always told me not to anger easily. But he found my breaking point." ~she chuckles thinking back on it.~
Back to top Go down
Kharne Serafin

Kharne Serafin

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 18:18

Kharne's expression looked thoughtful for a moment.
"Good point well made then. Anger can be used and focused, but if you lose control then you lose clarity."
He couldn't help but smirk.
"I probably would've cheated."
Behind him three small rocks, none bigger than a fist, rose into the air and spun briefly around each other before dropping to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-03, 18:37

~she grins as she sees the small rock spin~

"I could have cheated.. but I thought he might be teaching me something so I moved them."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 05:03

Artimus shook his head and put his hands on his hips.

Why am I - the teacher - the only one who spent two days lugging those things around?

He moved over to lean on a large tree, watching the pair. He leaned back, head resting against the trunk and closed his eyes for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 09:23

~she glanced over to her father.~

"Your just out of practice. You be back to your old self if not better soon." ~she smiles~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 09:30

He wasn't asleep, not quite, but he kept his eyes closed and just smiled.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime2010-08-04, 11:27

~she grinned she looked at kharne for him to watch.. she looks at the water as she takes a small portion water in an air bubble as she tried not to make the wind kick up too much as she move it over the top of his head she held it there for a moment. then releasing the water in the air as it falls on her fathers head...~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swimming? Why the hell not?   Swimming? Why the hell not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swimming? Why the hell not?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next