Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What the hell?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Haplo-Jahnavi

Haplo-Jahnavi

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-12, 11:45

There it was, that damn throbbing was rolling across his forehead. Fresh air blew across his face, the scent of a forest which he did not remember being in. Where the hell was he? His vision slowly began to return taking note that he was laying sprawled on his back staring up towards the tree tops. Oh god how the pain continued in his head. Wincing he attempted to move, muscles wouldn't respond.

A few deep breaths and he decided to lay there, think....where was he before this? Yes, he was in a forest but he was more than positive it wasn't this one. This forest brought back a feeling he had tried to bury several years ago. The familiarity was frightening.

-Aegis.- This was the first thought that came to mind. He had somehow been brought back to this damned place that he had left for several reasons. When he was here last things had gotten far too out of hand, everything about him was nearly discovered and he felt as if his life was constantly on the line.

One last breath and a loud grunt had him sitting up. The pain moved from his head to the rest of his body. Looking down he could see that his rune riddled blade was still attached to his side and he still had all of his clothes on (even though they were filthy). Standing he fell back against a large tree trying to gain his composure. How in the hell could he have gotten back here? Maybe it was that damn woman, always trying to get him back here...always managing to somehow find him even when he was worlds away. Always she was there in his mind to haunt him, please him, torture him.

Tipping his head forward, silver hair covered his face, gray eyes closing as he let it all soak in. However it happened he was back, here, in Everest Forest. The journey would soon begin, but for now he clung dearly to this moment of solitude and the small ounce of hope that this was all just a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-12, 22:22

Haplo could enjoy his single moment of solitude another time. That "Damned Woman" appeared from behind a nearby tree and made herself known to him, walking casually around it.

Ava's curved physical form was hidden by a large black velvet cloak and matching gloves, even her flame red hair could barely be seen behind the hood. However, those mischievious eyes gleamed with delight and one such as Haplo would know immediately whom they belonged to.

"I did wonder how long it would take for you to return.." She said, with a delicious smile, adding "Welcome back, dear." Ava could see the confusion upon his features, and tilted her head to watch him carefully. After a few thoughtful moments had passed, she finally spoke softly "Look at you, Haplo..you haven't changed a bit."

If Ava had something to do with his arrival, she certainly never said. As if attempting to snap out of her own wondering mind and what she truely thought of him, she changed subject. "How about we go for a drink? Shall we make our way to the nearest tavern to talk?" Reaching out with her gloved hands, she offered to help him up and onto his feet.
Back to top Go down
Haplo-Jahnavi

Haplo-Jahnavi

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-13, 13:03

Had he been paying attention perhaps her arrival wouldn't have startled him so much, but he flinched a bit when he finally realized someone had come upon him. It had only taken a few seconds for him to realize who in fact it was. That gleam in those eyes and her damned smirk. Both eyes narrowed a bit as he merely studied her not bothering to respond to anything she had said. Gently he took her hand and managed to stand up, wavering a bit before he finally collected himself and regained his balance.

Reaching down he brushed off his worn pants and jacket, adjusting his blade and moving long strands of hair from his eyes before leveling his gaze at her. "Of course you would be the first face I see upon my coincidental return to this place."

Still he had to wonder if she was up to something. Then again when wasn't everything she did some little stepping stone to a much larger scheme. Releasing a small sigh he spoke once more, "A drink would help...since I have no idea where we are you can lead." He gave a small grin waiting for her to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-14, 09:47

((I lost my original post, so this one will be a little shorter due to time constraints.))

Ava turned to her side and casually looped her arm around his. "Steady...the magic will wear off soon, I promise." Then she let go of him so that he could balance himself. Once Haplo was ready and had a chance to recollect, Ava chose to speak up, her voice breaking the silence. "You'll forgive me for this..but I needed you."

Her emerald eyes glanced up to match the mysteriousness of his gey hues, and for a moment she had to pause in her thoughts. Ah, she remembered Haplo well. For a small moment, Ava opened her mouth to say something, then quickly closed it. Her mind wondered if calling him here was a bad idea, and deep down she knew it was a very, very bad idea. However, when she was at her most desperate, she knew she could rely on his aid. Ava liked to regard it as an unspoken agreement that the two shared. He had been worth the risk on this occassion...another dangerous thought.

So,with this, she abruptly turned on her heel and left it at that, walking with leather heeled boots along the forest shrubs. "Come, there is a tavern not far from here. We can get you cleaned up and some new clothes, at the very least."

Back to top Go down
Haplo-Jahnavi

Haplo-Jahnavi

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-16, 10:58

Every time this woman had needed him things became dangerous. That could have usually been her fault, maybe his, either way it always ended in blood shed. For a moment he didn't even bother responding back to her, instead he simply followed along beside her staring blankly ahead. Honestly he wasn't sure what to make of all this.

Reaching up he ran his fingers through his hair before finally speaking over the crunch their steps made against the forest floor. "I am supposing there isn't a chance you'd like to inform me as to why you needed me. Or is it too early in another game of yours to be revealing anything as you probably aren't even sure yourself." He gave her a sly grin before looking ahead once more. He was feeling much better now with each step and each breath he took. The cool almost chilling breeze was exhilarating, his adrenaline slowly kicking in. Of course he would play it off as if he was displeased she brought him back, but in truth since their last escapade he hadn't had much work or excitement at all.

He knew with her he could always count on something interesting.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-19, 14:30

((Forgive the delay!))

Ava walked ahead also, with a small smile dancing upon her lips. She thought to give Haplo enough time to ponder on why he was back in Aegis whilst they found the main forest path. Once there and on it, her emerald hues cast upwards, glancing through the tree's at the miserable rainy weather.

Looking at anything rather than him suddenly seemed a far easier option, least she remember the past too fondly. However, Haplo finally broke the silence and Ava tilted her head in his general direction. She couldn't help but laugh at his notion that she was already playing games with him.

"Games? Is that the first thing you can think to say to me? Believe it or not, I don't always have an alterior motive." She didn't know whether to be offended by his comment, or acknowledge that it had some truth to it. So, whilst she toyed with some spare strands of hair that was hanging from her shoulder, Ava continued to walk onwards a little further before pausing in her step.

Then, as if she had a sudden attack of the conscience (rare, for Bathory), she turned around to face him and spoke with sincerity, looking upwards and into those deep grey hues of his. "I can't hide anything from you, can I? You're right...when I said that I needed you, I meant it....much has happened here since you're last visit. I was just hoping to go somewhere private where I can discuss the details."

She owed it to him to be honest. Enough lies and deceit had taken place in the past thanks to this god foresaken realm, and now it was time to make amends. Perhaps Haplo would see this? Ava wasn't sure, but she knew he would at least respect her enough to hear her out.

In the distance, the chimney smoke from the tavern began to rise and the smell of burning wood was apparent as they neared. God...just bringing Haplo to Aegis was dangerous...meeting him here in a Tavern was pure suicide. However..those thoughts were casually pushed to one side as she finally reached the wooden steps, her hand catching the door handle and stepping inside, leaving a hand to keep the door open for Haplo.

Back to top Go down
Haplo-Jahnavi

Haplo-Jahnavi

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-19, 22:56

((No problem about the delay. Worked perfectly lol))

The weather was miserable indeed, matching his god damned mood perfectly. Seeing Ava was quite a relief despite the fact that most of the time she brought him nothing but trouble. The lies and deceit that had occurred was a reason for him leaving in the first place, though he was one to dwell in such things himself. As of late he had become slightly softened. Perhaps it was time wearing on him, or just lessons learned. either way his cruel self was warming up a bit. Listening to her he could note a sense of honesty in her.

Honesty? A sense of consciousness from her? Yes he had experienced enough honesty with her in certain areas, but never when it had to do with her "games." Now this was where he had to decide, whether or not to be completely honest with her and show that he in fact had softened up a bit himself. No...not yet.

It was a relief to see the smoke crawling through the thick damp air, the thought of being warm causing a chill to run its course down his back. Stepping up behind Ava, his wet hand moved to keep the door open and close it behind him as he stepped inside. He had purposely remained silent after she spoke, his eyes giving enough away to let her know that he was giving this all a chance. He would hear her out as he always did, and he knew he would go along with most anything as long as it seemed reasonable.

There was a part of him that was hoping maybe she had no ulterior motives. He was hoping perhaps he could ease himself back into the situation of Aegis, reacquaint himself with the feel of it all and some of the people he may have forgotten. He needed to find a stable standing point on their dangerous playing field.

Shaking off the damp weather and pushing wet strands of hair from his face he gave a small sigh. Those piercing eyes scanned the patrons for a quick second before he stepped up close to her, his mouth brushing her ear as he spoke quietly, "Lets get this room quickly. I'm eager to ease into some fresh clothes and to hear all that has been going on in my absence." He leaned back on his right foot away from her, scanning the audience in the old Tavern once more before looking to the individual behind the bar, awaiting to be led to a room.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-22, 00:43

The bar area was smokey and busy. The minute she entered it, her mind warned her to just turn around and leave. Tell him it was a mistake, she thought.. Regardless, Ava continued to supress the thoughts of common sense. Why? Because she had longed to see him, it had been forever and a day. As much as she wanted to keep it business, a sense of friendship with someone was sorely lacking. Haplo had always been there, despite the stupid mess that she always had found herself inn - often dragging him through it at the same time. She regretted that now.

Bringing herself back to reality, Ava glanced around the crowded bar. She had no intentions of sitting anywhere near where anyone could hear them talk, so she made her way through the regulars standing around with tankards and towards the stairs.

Gesturing with her hand for him to follow, Ava didn't bother to make conversation until they were well upstairs and standing at the door to a room. Without using a key, she pushed it open and let herself in. "Finally.." she muttered, shaking her head and moving to a comfortable seat. The room was moderate, but certainly not a palace. Spacious and clean, that was enough.

"I'll find better accomodations for you in the morning..." Her voice trailed off, then as an afterthought, she added. "You'll find some shirts in the closet." Exhaling deeply, Ava waved her hand and raised the embers in the hearth, allowing the fire to give a sudden roar to life.

She took a few moments to lean her head back and relax, watching the flames dance. Her eyes gently cast to Haplo. Part of her was truely suprised that her magic had worked and he was finally back. Yet, here he was. Now she was grateful for it. The temptation to physically reach out and touch him was there, but she remained where she was.
Back to top Go down
Haplo-Jahnavi

Haplo-Jahnavi

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime2011-01-25, 12:35

Quickly he followed her up the stairs, the wood beneath his feet creaking with each step he took. A sigh of relief was issued after they had cleared themselves from the smoke infested gathering area below. quietly he glanced around the moderately cozy sleeping area. It was warm and not as damp as outside removing the chill from his body which was all he cared for at this point.

Without a word he moved to the closet she indicated and pulled out a dry plain black shirt. removing his jacket he draped it over a small wooden chair against the wall. He then removed the shirt he was wearing and tossed it to the floor. The tattoos that covered the entirety of his torso were visible for but a second before he slid into the comfort of the warm dry shirt. Letting loose another sight he sunk into the chair in which his jacket was draped upon. As he sat his blade swayed back and forth and a small grin spread across his lips as he stared over towards Ava.

"always these private meetings with you. as if I'm some thing to be hidden it seems. So lets skip all the bullshit, not to be rude of course, and get to what is really going on here and what I've been missing these past years."

His tone was not angry in the least, he knew she would understand that he was tired and the cold damp weather outside had not helped him any. He sank back further into the chair his hands clasped over his chest, eyes closing as he enjoyed the silence while he could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What the hell? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell?   What the hell? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the hell?
Page 1 of 1