Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taking Leave

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amarra

Amarra

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-03-30, 19:35

(skipping ahead to get things moving along))

~pulls a cloak close about her shoulders, feeling more than just the chill of the perpetual ice as she steps from the citadel and walks slowly toward the carriage waiting to take her back to Aegis. Part of her is heartbroken, grief weighing on her shoulders as if she carried a weight on her back. Still another part of her is glad to be leaving. Despite how things came about, she is really, finally married to Jared, and she can't help but be eager, if nervous, about spending some time with her husband away from the sadness that has become so much a part of her life since arriving at Icehold. What might await her upon her return, she refuses to let herself think about for the moment.

She reaches the carriage and makes sure her trunk was loaded. She hadn't brought much with her, but she didn't want anyone to have to clean up after her. Still, she'd left a few clothing items and the small bag of money she'd brought with her on the table in her room. She knows she can't make up for the trouble she's caused here, but at least she can help pay for the burden of hospitality, and supply what few things she can for the orphans. Finding everything in order, she leans against the side of the carriage to wait quietly~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-04, 19:33

(please note my hands are hurting so I appologize for smaller posts.)

*Angel, her gown of pale blue covered by furs, moved out into the courtyard, her group of ladies waiting patiently behind her. Knowing that Amarra was leaving, she ushed everyone to remain to one side so that Angel could speak to Amarra privately whilst they all waited for Jared and Ralean*

"Keep safe, Amarra. I know we'll speak again eventually."
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-04, 20:11

~straightens and curtsies to Angel with a faint smile~

Thank you for everything you've done for me. And for everything you tried to do. I... I am sorry for the trouble I've caused here. I never meant... But I know you know that. I only wish the king could somehow forgive me, some day, but I guess that's wishful thinking. I'm not really sure how to just stop praying, but I don't suppose I have much choice.

~shakes her head and looks around~

I think I'll miss the snow. I've gotten so used to it. Will you give my farewells to Admiral Kinsen? He has been a good friend.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-06, 19:31

~All Jared felt was relief. He couldn't wait to be on his travels and away from the snow. It wasn't his home, none of it suited him. The Aurorans always held his admiration, but on this occassion, he needed to be free from them. Too much needed to be discussed at the Merridian Palace.

Turning to the carriage, he secured the last of the luggage and glanced over to Amarra and Angel. The two ladies talking made him smile, he knew how fond Amarra was of Angel so he deliberately fussed a little longer before coming down from the carriage and approaching the two.~

"Are you ready, Amarra? We have many hours ahead of us...it'll be a long ride, but worth it I'm sure."

~He managed a smile to Queen Angel and turned, opening the carriage door for Amarra.~

"Has anyone seen Ralean?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-06, 20:35

*She smiled to Amarra and slowly reached out and took her hands into her own, giving them a friendly pat.*

"Think nothing of it, my friend. Its been good to see you here. May you have the safest of travels, and I hope that you write often."

*Letting go of her hands, Angel remained smiling. She wanted to be reassuring to Amarra, since it was all she could offer. With a little giggle, she leaned closer to Amarra and said in a joking tone*

"Enjoy Married life.."
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-06, 21:01

~glances at Jared and nods with a small smile before leaning back toward Angel and speaking softly, with a little giggle of her own~

Truth be told, I'm almost as nervous about that part as I am about... everything else. I spent so much time over the years thinking about getting married, that I forgot to think about what it would be like to actually be married. I have no idea what to expect, but I look forward to finding out.

~squeezes Angel's hands gently before stepping back toward the carriage~

I wish you well. All of you. And I will write if... when I can.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-06, 21:10

*Amarra's words reminded Angel of her own wedding, and it caused her to nod and smile with understanding.*

"I know how that is, but part of the fun is finding out."

*With such, she gave her friend a playful nudge, and gestured Amarra to head towards the carriage.*

"Will you be in Draco from now on? I suppose you do not know. Be Safe, Amarra, where ever you are."

*The thought of Amarra leaving made Angel feel somewhat alone. All those whom she worked with were Auroran and treated her with the respect of a Queen, too intimated to do anything less. With Amarra, she was more content to talk freely. She'd miss their talks.*
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-07, 20:12

~her smile slips for a moment, but she covers the flicker of fear in her eyes with a cough to the side. When she looks back at Angel, the smile is back in its place~

With Jared named as heir, I don't know if they'll send us back to Draco or if they'll want to keep us in Meriddia, but I'll let you know where I am as soon as I can. Please give my love to the children at the orphanage. I'll send them something, if I can.

~climbs into the carriage with another smile to Jared and positions herself at the window so she can still see Angel, their friendship giving her strength to fight her nervousness for the moment. She can't force herself to say goodbye, so she keeps her tone light~

If you find out how much I'd have to pay to hire your chef, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-07, 20:40

"I'll send my love to the children, I'm sure they'll miss you...even Timmy."

*Angel managed a smile also, clasping her own hands together against the cold.*

"Just think, Amarra...with Jared as heir, that will make you the next Queen of Aegis. Perhaps when that happens, then you can visit for tea and cakes."

*Angel giggled a little again, giving a playful wink. She suspected her friend wouldn't have even considered the thought. Standing back, Angel watched Amarra getting into the carriage. She raised her voice so that Amarra could hear whilst she sat down in the coach.*

"You'll never be able to hire our chef, I simply won't let you!"
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-07, 20:49

~her face pales at what Angel suggested, her eyes going wide~

The next... what? But... what?

~looks from Angel to Jared and back again, feeling confused and close to panic. She had known Jared was a prince, obviously, and the heir, but somehow she hadn't thought it might translate to her~

But Queen Bathory and King Vladamir are both immortal. Aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-09, 11:33

"Only until they are destroyed, Lady Amarra."

~Ral steps into the courtyard, dressed simply, blades at his hips, his silver-white fur cloak falling thick around him. The purple rose, as habit, is tucked into his belt, a pack slung over his shoulder. He glances around with a wry smile, resting his hands on the hilts of his blades and smiling at everyone wryly.

Ral turns to ANgel, stepping into a respectful distance. "m'lady, I hope only that perhaps my words have fallen upon ears as wise as they are beautiful." he smiles and gives a short bow, with a quick flourish. "Give my regards to your Lord Husband, and thank him his generosity for our stay." his voice holds no sarcasm; he knew the other options to their visit, and they had been treated generously, if not kindly. He smiles again and half turns to the carriage. "Perhaps we'll enjoy a fine drink when this is all said and done."
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-09, 20:55

*Angel twisted her body to see where the voice had come from. She smiled, upon seeing that it belonged to Ralean and watched with curiosity as he approached. In her mind, she wondered what exactly he was going to do or say, finding that Ralean was not the person she had first thought him to be.

Yet, he spoke with an air of confidence, a snip of flattery that she wasn't expecting. It caught her off guard, her cheeks flushing against her pale complexion as her eyes averted only briefly as she gained composure. Refering to their previous time together, she finally replied.*

"Your words were of great importance to me, Ralean, I learned much from it."

*She wasn't about to tell him that they'd been running through her mind ever since.*

"Because of this, I therefore invite you to stay a little while longer here at Icehold if it suits you to do so. I would not be offended if your prior commitments take you back to Aegis, but know you are always welcome here. However, regardless of your choice, I shall be sure to speak of your merits to my husband."

*With this, she paused, leaving fate in his hands.*
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-09, 21:47

~He looked at Amarra, wondering what she was so nervous about.~

"Mmmm? What? Immortal? I don't think so. The idea of them dying is laughable enough, lets hope they do not retire."

~He chuckled, and laughed at his own thought, hoping that would not be the case. Jared knew his mother better, she'd rather cling onto the throne and the bloody title rather than care for her own children. He wasn't worried, and it showed.

Finally, his eyes caught hold of his good friend making his way into the Courtyard and Jared grinned. He was about to tease him about taking so long to get there..only the Queen had captured Ral's attentions first.

Standing there, watching the exhange he frowned slightly, and looked to Amarra. There was something odd about it that he couldn't put his finger on, and Ral's brazen comment of flattery caused him to drop his mouth. Ralean's words were mere politeness, yet Jared had a deep, uneasy feeling. It made his stomach twist. What "talk" was it that these two had of late?

Angel's own natural response caused him to want to drag his friend to one side and say "Are you fucking crazy? Don't even think about it." But still, he stood, begging Ralean would just hurry it up and leave before they got into more trouble. ~

"A fine drink sounds wonderful. Now...its a long ride, so we'll need to get going...er, Ralean?"
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-09, 22:07

~catches Jared's eye and shrugs, not having any idea what's going on. She keeps quiet, but looks back to Angel through the carriage window and silently wills her friend to be careful. If Lord Jaric was willing to kill her for making mistakes, she can't imagine what he'd do if the queen were to make mistakes of her own. Biting her lip, she wonders vaguely if Jared has the authority to order Ralean to come with them, or if he should. She wouldn't want Angel upset either, though for different reasons than she wouldn't want Jaric angry~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-14, 15:25

~Ral shakes his head slightly. "I regret my queen, that my obligations demand my attention, and at present such pleasantries a stay would offer are marred by the situation which looms over us." he smiles thinly and chuckles. "Aye, my lady, I appreciate your gesture, but to be fair, your lord husband is probably more aware of my merits than I am. He is cold and hard, aye, but just, and honest. He is the winter stone to Alex's fire and Vlad's blizzard shadows." he grins suddenly and reaches intoa pouch at his hip, offering a small wooden carving to Angel, an Auroran snow dove, no larger than her palm, carved in meticulous detail, as if captured in flight and turned to smooth wood. he presses it into her hand before bowing quickly. "Until we meet in a time less distressing, my queen." he snaps a quick Auroran salute as he turns to the carriage, hiking his pack up on his shoulder.

Ral grins to Jared as he hops up into the carriage, laughing. "Ready to head back and explain ourselves, Crown prince?" his tone teases.~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-14, 16:40

"Yes, I understand completely. We all have commitments and responsibilities to uphold, and whilst this situation has been unfortunate I do hope it won't deter you from coming to see me once in a while."

*With brief pause, her mind went back, far away to a time when she owned the tavern. Duke Ralean and Duke Raziel had walked in, and she had served him a drink. It was the night a bar brawl broke out and Raziel had run off. Back then, Ralean had barely noticed her. How surreal, that now, things were so different.

She listened, with a warm smile how he spoke of Jaric, granting a nod of agreement. As he reached out to give her something, Angel curiously held out her upturned palm to recieve it. Her eyes couldn't help but widen, rather impressed by the sheer quality of his carving. It was a nice thought, and she was genuinely delighted. Her eyes continued to look at it for a few moments longer.*

"I can't thank you enough. Its truely beautiful, be asssured that I shall find somewhere to place it safe."

*Finally, she glanced back up to look at him.*

"Take care of yourself, Ralean...Do keep the others safe."

ML to Ralean "Write, should you find time."

*With such, she stood back and smiled, watching the Aegian company ready themselves for the harsh Icehold road ahead, exhaling quietly.*
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-14, 16:59

~Ral glances back to Angel with a smile. "An artist allows enjoys seeing his work being appreciated." he nods and looks to Jared. "Somebody has to keep this fool from getting himself into too much trouble." he offers Jared a good-natured grin.

ML to angel: "I'll do my best, Angel. Take care of the orphans, and the people here. And your Lord husband. despite it's strength, stone needs reinforcement too."~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-14, 17:50

*She laughed, and rolled her eyes, watching them all. Raising her hand, Angel waved to everyone in the carriage, only mind linking Ralean*

"Worry not, I manage. All under my care are given the best I can grant."

*She shrugged off comments about Jaric, not wishing to discuss her concerns of him to Ralean. Though in her mind, she felt that stone is a stubborn material and she had quite the task ahead of her. It was however, a mission she happened to take upon gladly, no matter how much time and patience she'd have to muster to accomplish. Her tone to Ralean was in jest as she finished her Mind Link.*

"You need to tend to other matters, good friend. I'll take care of this side of the realm, you manage the other."
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-15, 20:32

~Shook his head with a chuckle, outwardly relaxing now that Ralean was finally getting on board.~

"Yeah yeah, I don't even know what trouble is.."

~Chuckling, he waved furiously to Angel as the wheels began to move. Finally, the journey could begin and all this would be over. Leaning back into the seat he just stared at Ralean for a few minutes, shaking his head with a grin.~

"See my friend, we DID make it out alive. Now that, is worth drinking about."

~Naturally, he wasn't foolish enough to let his guard down and think they were completely off the hook yet - but leaving Icehold without the coffin was still a feat worth celebrating. He looked to Amarra and tenderly squeezed her hand.~

"There's a blanket, if you need to keep warm."
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-15, 22:23

~watches Angel out the carriage window as they pull away but refuses to look past her to the citadel. After a moment, she turns her gaze back inside the carriage. She struggles with herself, somewhere between being glad to be with Jared, if still nervous about that, and being afraid of what she'll find at the end of their trip. When Jared squeezes her hand, she latches onto his in return, needing the reassurance of contact. She doesn't say anything, but she gives him a small smile and rests her other hand on the corner of the blanket in acknowledgement.

She glances at Ralean, very briefly, before looking around the carriage, grateful not to have to be riding the horses directly. She doesn't know where Ralean stands in all this, what his role is or how he feels about things. Considering who sent him, she can't help but feel wary. He'd never shown any malice toward her before, as far as she could tell, but she wonders what her stay at Icehold might have done to people's opinions of her.

At that thought, she looks back to Jared, wondering if this will make things difficult for him, if people knew the reason she'd gone to Icehold in the first place. She hopes not, but decides to wait to ask him about it until they're alone. For now she just sits quietly as the varied emotions rattle around inside of her leave her more confused than anything for the moment~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime2010-04-18, 23:03

((Continuing on the Everywhere Else board as requested by Rae Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taking Leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Leave   Taking Leave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking Leave
Page 1 of 1