Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Place. A New Day.

Go down 
+2
Kinsen
AishaSyrinx
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Markov

Markov

A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-03, 11:05

Markov returns a crooked grin to Scarlet before pushing the wench of his lap.
“Here take these coins and fetch me a cup of vinegar a few slices lemon and some mint if you have it . Also get me some natron, I know there is a little behind the bar.”

As he waits Markov returns to his barely touch food. A poor substitute for what he truly hungers with each bite less satisfying than the last but it will suffice. It has to suffice.

When the wench returns with what he had asked for he mixes some of the natron into the cup of vinegar, and then walks up to the bar. Standing next to Scarlet never looking at he.
He slides the cup to her and says.
“Here drink this and eat these, the drink will help with the hangover the lemons and mint will freshen your breath.”

“The names Markov, and you must be the Salty Maiden this establishment was named for”
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-03, 14:19

Scarlet was still looking at the bartop trying to weigh up her very slim options on how to avoid capture from the great Admiral Kinsen, when the other gentleman, Markov, caught her by surprise with his approach. She raised one eyebrow with a mischievous smirk as she eyed up his concoction.

"Yer what?" She asked, a little confused at the fresh breath comment. However, it caused her to laugh out loud and shake her head. "Are you a doctor then, are yer? We could do with the likes of one o'them on my ship if yer need a job." She looked at the brew and took it from him, gulping some down. It almost made her choke it tasted so sour and bad. Her hand reached to her throat. "Jeeezeeuus!" her eyes were wide "Sure the lemon isn't for the bad taste?" She took that too, and with a squeeze dripped it into her mouth, coughing again and pulling a face.

Summoning for a glass of water, the bartender obliged. Turning back towards her new friend, Scarlet shook her head. "I ain't salty and I ain't a Maiden, I haven't been for years, dear. I'm a Captain' O'er Sea's, an' you must be new, 'cos everyone knows me." She indicated for a tankard to be brought over for Markov. "What's yer name then, hmm? An' do yer mind, I need to have this nice ole conversation with you somewhere else, there's someone 'ere who don't much like me."
Back to top Go down
Markov

Markov

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-03, 22:46

Markov can’t help but laugh at Scarlet’s reaction to the drink, and just about fell to the floor after she tried washing it down with lemon.

“Most people call me Markov, I ain't no doctor though, that was just something me Pa used to give to the local dunkers, but I am interested in a job if you’ll have me.”

Markov looks towards Kinsen

“As for your friend..somethings ain't right about that him, so by all means let’s talk somewhere quieter”

Markov downs his tankard in one swig and gestures for Scarlet to lead the way
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-03, 23:22

Scarlet took the drink of water from the Bartender as he was talking, and then after a gulp, she thrust out her free hand and went to shake his. "Nice to meet yer, Markov. How about we go for a walk, eh?" Her hand looped through his.

Leaning in and speaking close and quiet into his ear, she glanced about. "We can talk about a job as soon as we're out of this little...situation. If we don't leave now, see, he'll arrest me, an' I don't have the time fer a prison sentence, you understand?

Stepping towards the Bartender, she speaks "Morris, I need to go out the back. Take us through, right?" He nodded, and began to lead them past the bar and into the kitchens.
Back to top Go down
Markov

Markov

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-04, 23:22

Markov let Scarlet lead him through the dimly light kitchens that were filled with the aroma of mutton being stewed with onions and carrots. There was also fresh bread baking in the on the oven. A cook was preparing as duck as well, placing it on a board before hacking its head off the sight was... enthralling and steered the hunger within Markov.

In attempt to keep his mind off of the duck Markov stops Scarlet and says

“You know if you wanted to make me a sandwich you didn’t have to drag me all way down here” Markov said with that crooked grin of his.
Half expecting a slap

“Haha I jest, I jest.”

Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-05, 13:50

Scarlet was making determined strides towards the exit, but there was no denying that the smell of the food was a distraction.However, the idea of slipping away from Kinsen was far more important than roast duck. Thus, she was surprised when Markov stopped her, and then, made a ridiculous joke. Her eyebrow raised, and her arms crossed.

"Since you'll be working for me, you'll be makin' me sandwiches but if yer can't handle the idea of a woman as Captain, yer best be leavin' me now." She paused for a moment, an idea forming. "That's a good idea you've just given me! Go back an' distract him. He doesn't know you. Then come back and meet me at the docks at Noon."
Back to top Go down
Markov

Markov

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-08, 13:52

"Hmmm.. alright then I will meet you at high noon on the morrow."

Markov turns and begins to walk back to the bar, but stops before leaving the kitchen.
He pulls a sheathed dagger from his back

"Here hold on to this so I'm not tempted to use it."

Markov goes into the bar looking around to make sure Kinsen was still there. He puts a fits full of gold on the counter.
"Alright guys drinks on me"

'Now, how to distract him.'
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-12, 20:49

Scarlet took one look at the dagger, then laughed. "You should keep it, the Admiral can be determined when he wants something. Now, do yer job like a big boy, an' I'll be catchin' yer soon."

She turned quickly on her heel, without waiting for him to say anything further. Scarlet was no stranger to running away, and it didn't take long before she was gone and out the back door of the kitchen. Now she was out into the backstreets, and her next job would be to find one-eyed George before he walked into the "Salty Maiden" and right into Kinsen.
Back to top Go down
One-Eyed George

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-07-12, 21:06

:: George wanders the streets of Salarain looking for his Captain. Damned woman never seemed to be anywhere she should be and it was amazing they ever got a damned bit of legitimate pirating done at all, but she kept the men paid and drunk as often as they wished and so far the majority of them had not been arrested and hung. All in all, she was a good captain....until the Auroran's showed up. Now, the entire fleet was burned in the harbor, the island was controlled by the damned armored Auroran Knights and that bastad Admiral had his crew scattered or swinging.

He stops in front of the Salty Maiden, looking at the sign and shaking his head. Bar owners were almost as bizarre as Ship captains when it came to naming their pride and joy, and both tended to have and attachment to cheap booze...just the place to find the Captain.

He pushes the door open, scanning the room for the Captain's tell tale red hair. As he glances at the patron his throat tightens and his eyes narrow. Sitting at a table in the room is that damnable admiral that burned his Ship, his home.

Without a word he snatches the heavy hatchet from his belt and aims a hard throw from across the room at Kinsen's head, drawing his dagger from his belt and getting ready to charge the man where he sits. ::
Back to top Go down
Kinsen

Kinsen

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-08-25, 19:53

=Kinsen glances casually at the door as George enters, recognizing the man at the same time. He begins to stand as the hand ax is thrown, Twisting his body so that the weapon catches him in his breastplate glancingly, leaving a small mark on the black Auroran plate. Standing to his full height, he shoves his chair away his eyes flashing almost red in the dim light, though his face is expressionless. From his belt he pulls his mace and dirk.

"Come to join your brothers at the gallows, or do you seek to join your ship on the ocean floor?"=
Back to top Go down
Markov

Markov

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-08-26, 22:49

Draining his mug, and thanking the bartender and asking for another round Markov serves the room and notices as George enters and throws his hatchet at Kinsen.

‘Well this is the distraction I needed but this fool is going to get himself killed’

Grabbing his freshly filled mug Markov stumbles across through the bar running into George and spilling his ale as they both fall to the ground

“Me apologies lad, I've had too much to drink”

In a soft voice that only George can hear, “Don’t do it, you can’t win this fight… RUN!!.”
Back to top Go down
Kinsen

Kinsen

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime2013-08-28, 22:32

=Kinsen is stepping forward as the two men go down, and he hooks the mace back into his belt one-handed, his free hand clenching around Markov's shoulder and shoving him unceremoniously aside with enough force to send him sprawling a few feet away. His other hand, dirk clenched in it, is smashed into George's face as he is recovering from his fall, the intent to knock the man out with a large steel-clad fist.=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Place. A New Day.   A New Place. A New Day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Place. A New Day.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2