Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A new place to call home

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

A new place to call home Empty
PostSubject: A new place to call home   A new place to call home Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 14:33

~Jared had brought everything he knew that he wanted in a carriage with his wife, Lady Amarra. Her welfare was at the forefront of his mind, especially so now that she was pregnant. He stepped out of the carriage that had paused outside Grorr castle and stretched, keeping the door open for Amarra.

"I hate those things.." Carriages were just a hateful invention to him, he prefered to ride horseback, but with the long trip from Meriddia he didn't think it was a good idea on this occassion. "So..everything is all settled, and here we are. What could go wrong?" He grins to her and holds out his hand so that she can steady herself onto the steps. "The servants will take our things inside, I do not want you to try and lift anything.."

Jared began to guide Amarra gently towards the castle, and he nodded informally to the guards, knowing them by name. "I'll be glad to see Ral and Gil, no doubt they have nice quarters for us to stay in."~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A new place to call home   A new place to call home Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 14:49

~laughs softly and lets him lead her to the castle~

I don't mind carriages, as long as I don't have to get too close to the horses. I'm convinced they all want to kill me. Or get me lost. Or at least make me look stupid.

~grins, but it fades a bit as her eyes wander over the outside of the castle~

So this is home, huh? I've never spent much time here. It seems so... imposing. I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly enough, especially when I get to decorate our quarters.

~winks, teasing. It doesn't much matter to her what their room looks like, she's just happy to finally have a place to call their own, more or less~

I'm glad you'll be able to spend more time with your friends, even if some of that time is working. I'll need to get the tub ready as soon as we're settled, though. I need to be in the water for a while.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: A new place to call home   A new place to call home Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 15:19

~"Yes..this will be home - at least for now." He patted her arm and grins "You're right, it does look imposing, and rightly so - but all the better for those who don't want to bother us here."

Jared walked slowly, so that Amarra could keep up with his pace. Leading her through the double doors and into the inside, he smiled. "Ralean and Gil will be pleased to have us back - it's been a while since we've been able to catch up. As for our quarters, feel free to do with them as you will - the servants will happily asist you with setting up the tub."

He wanted her to be happy, and Jared smiled with the hope that she might be. It was a bitter pill to know that he couldn't afford a place of his own anymore. ~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: A new place to call home   A new place to call home Icon_minitime2013-02-18, 08:02

~notes Jared's slow pace, and his earlier concern about her lifting things, and smiles, gently teasing~

I'm pregnant, not an invalid. If you worry this much already, you'll be a wreck by the time they baby's born. I promise to tell you when I need help. And don't think you're getting out of helping with the room that easily. You and I are going to find a market and pick out curtains later.

~pauses thoughtfully, looking up at the stone walls of the castle!

Maybe it it best to live somewhere imposing. Aegis can be an uncertain place. It's good to know we'll have good, sturdy stone between us and the world. It will be nice to come home to, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new place to call home   A new place to call home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new place to call home
Page 1 of 1