Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)

Go down 
+2
Jared Crimsonflame
Ralean SwyftBlade
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-12-31, 00:10

~Ral stops for a step, chuckling. "No, friend, I'm not crazy. Out there, is an old friend, with a poor disposition and a quick hand with a bow. He's probably been following us since we hit the forest."

Looking at Gil, he grins. "You may know him, in reputation if nothing else. He is Verran Dracos, the Hunter of Aurora. For a while, we hunted together. It would seem now, he is here after another prize." He glances back at Jared and Amarra to let this sink in. "He hunts at Jaric's behest, and I've never seen him fail in his endeavor." he glances down at Gil's bow and rests a hand on it, pushing it lower. "Nor have I ever seen his arrows miss."

He smiles pleasantly again, gesturing Gil away. "If he feathers me, so be it. I know he'll make it quick and clean. By any measure though, just wait. Besides, the badger doesn't take well to strangers."

Taking a deep breath, he strides from the cave entrance, hands at his sides, palms up. He doesn't bother looking around for Verran.

"Hunter...Verran...welcome. We have food, and water aplenty. Even ale if it suits you these days. You're a long way from home, Hunter, and we seek no quarrel." He glances back to the cave, smiles broadly, and waits.~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-12-31, 06:29

~listens carefully to the conversation going on around her with alarm. She doesn't bother to reach for a weapon, knowing full well she'd be more likely to cause herself harm than any enemy. Instead, she reaches for the water bottles she carries tucked among her clothes and unstoppers them, drawing some of the water into a loose ball between her hands. She struggles with the instinct to shield herself and Jared immediately, knowing he probably wouldn't be pleased with that, and settles for making sure she's standing close beside him.

Her eyes narrow at the thought of their secret little cabin going up in flames. She'd loved that cabin and had planned to spend as much time there as she could. It was the place where she'd learned happiness was possible even for her, even if the setting was temporary, and now it's gone. With an angry mutter, she takes another tiny step forward and prepares herself to form a shield whether Jared likes it or not. She'll be damned if she lets anyone take him from her now.

She watches Ralean and Gil quietly, feeling it best not to patronize them by telling them to be careful. The last thing they need if there's trouble is to be distracted by her~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-02, 19:34

((I think there was a misunderstanding, I am carrying weapons on me. Sorry!))

~Jared checked for his weapons, he had a dagger stashed upon his person, a sword at his side. Everything else, however, had been left at the cabin. He looked with disbelief at the smoke and shook his head. "For F*cks sake, Ral...what the hell is going on? My bow was in the cabin!"

He noted the Badger going into the cave. "Ral, catch that thing, we'll have it for dinner!" He smirked, teasing him, despite the fact that the situation was anything but a joke at this point.

Jared glanced to Amarra. "We'll have to move on, we can't stay here, obviously they know where we are." Jared sighed to Ralean. "So its true then, Jaric has turned on us all. War it is.." He shook his head again and looked to Gil, too. "Sorry to drag you into this." ~
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-07, 11:48

~ As Ralean steps out of the cave Verran raises his bow, taking aim, not at Ralean, who's stance clearly indicated he was unarmed, but at Gil's weapon. He lets the arrow fly, moving among the branches of the trees even as the arrow severs the string on Gil's bow and sinks itself into the ground by his feet.

Even as the arrow lands, the badger returns, heading for the projectile like a dog fvetching a stick~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-18, 15:10

~Ral exhales deeply, keeping his hands up, as he hears the hard thud of the arrow into packed earth. He catches sight of the badger and can't help but grin. gently turning his head back to look, he sees where the shot had landed and what it had done, and lets out a low whistle to show he was impressed. A nostlagic grin spreads on his face, and he looks over his shoulder at Gil and the cave entrance. "I told you he never misses. You may want to step away from the arrow and not interfere with our striped friend. Also, please lower your weapons, all of you. A hostile overture at this juncture would not bode well for us."

Turning back to the woods, he gives a nod in the general direction of the arrow, knowing that Verran had already shifted positions by then. "You're welcome to join us still, friend. We have meat and drink enough to go around." with that, he turns and begins to slowly walk back into the cave, resisitng the urge to break into a run~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-18, 20:39

"A good drink and some food would be good, thank you." Angel's voice rang out in jest as she laughed a little. Ralean would see her in the entrance of the cave, but she approached him quickly with her arms open wide. Her blue eyes danced with happiness, and she embraced him, patting him on the back.

"How have you been? You look well?" She stood back and tilted her head. "Its good to see you, dear friend."

Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-19, 21:23

((This is the third time that I've had to post this damn thing))

He had decided to look around for loose firewood that could be stored for the camp, his head ducking as he just barely caught the arrow shoot out and barely miss Gill. Rolling his eyes, he then watched as the strange and giant badger waddled across to retrieve the weapon.

"Ral..where do you want this?" Jared began, taking his firewood towards the cave but pausing as he caught Angel embrace him. His breath almost froze. He turned around and backed away. Hopefully, they hadn't seen him. "I didn't see it....I didn't see it..." he said, hoping it to be true. "Damn Ral, what the fuck are you thinking? Anyone but her." He shook his head, thinking aloud.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-20, 06:02

~hesitates just a moment when Ralean asks them to lower their weapons. If there is a threat, she doesn't want to be caught unprepared. Her shield could protect them all for some time, if necessary, though she can't help but wonder if she'd be fast enough. She almost drops her water entirely at the sound of Angel's voice, the last she'd have expected to hear out here in the woods. Quickly, she slides it back into its bottles and drops her arms to her sides. Whatever is going on, she can't threaten Angel. She looks around for Jared in frustration and makes a mental note to have words with him later. How can she protect him if he wanders off?~
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-21, 17:53

~ As Jared turns to move away from the cave entrance and back toward the woods where he was gatherring firewood, a figure melts from the trees, blade drawna nd aimed at his throat. The man is massive, nearly seven feet in height and clad in greys and muted greens. From under his hood a faint glow, like the dying embers fo a fire illuminates a face the color of old gold. At the man's feet a massive badger growls at the prince~

Your highness, rejoin your comrades in the cave now. My queen would have words with the lot of you.

~ To emphasize his point he steps closer, never lowwerring the blade.~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-22, 00:11

~~Gil registers the arrow passing through his string with a sideways roll, coming up cursing, instinct causing him to reach for a weapon, and better sense holding him back. Catching the action around him, he sighs deeply, spitting on the ground with a curse. "Oy, this is a fine damn kettle of fish, isn't it?" Spreading his arms in a gesture of resigned surrender, he takes a seat against the wall of the cave to watch the unfolding proceedings.~~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-22, 00:22

~Ral grins in spite of himself, returning Angel's embrace with a hearty chuckle. "Aside from the hiding, I find the life of a hermit suits me well, my Queen. How do you fare?" he exhales, still grinning. "And more to the point, if you'll excuse my rudeness, what in this situation has you in such high spirits?" glancing around he laughs, suddenly registering the absurdity of it all. "it seems to me that somehow we're all expected to be at odds here, but I hardly feel like we're strange bedfellows, given the array of faces."

He steps back, holding her out at arms length, smiling jovially. "I'll ignore the obvious questions of how you found us, and observe courtesies as I will. Please, join us."

Seeing Verran materialize, his arms drop from Angel's shoulders and his attention is averted. "Well, it seems some nasty beast hasn't done you in yet, old friend. You'll have to tell me of your latest hunts." the drawn blade doesn't seem to phase him at the least, and he gestures Angel towards the area of the cave they'd beeen using, with a short bow. "You'll forgive the poor accomodations. If I'd known I'd be hosting a Queen, I'd have had the servants prepare something a little more delicate. However, I hope venison and water are to your liking. The stream is a fine vintage." his tone is light and in jest, and he is visibly relaxed. "Forgive the lack of fire as well. We weren't expecting the company to be so agreeable."~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-22, 16:15

"I'm well, I'm good. Can't you tell?" Angel laughed again, answering his question of how well she was doing. She was desperate to tell Ralean the good news and squeezed his arm. "I'm sorry for surprising you like this, would you have prefered it if I had shown up with a retinue of guards? No, you're right, Ralean. We are not to be at odds with each other, we never were." She found him so easy to get along with that she could quickly forget that she was a Queen.

Still, he called her by her title, and invited herself and Verran to their camp. Angel nodded in respect to Verran as he appeared and also let her hand on Ralean's arm drop. "Yes, I think I will sit and join you whilst we talk. There's much to discuss." She glanced around the camp "My Goodness, you almost look comfortable out here in this Cave. You need to give yourself more credit, I think you've done well out here." She nudged Ralean to tease him.

Turning to everyone else in the Cave, she noticed Gil and waved, mouthing "hello!" to him, then she saw Amarra and Jared, and she smiled at them both. "I have something exciting to tell you all...and I wanted to tell you in person. Thats why I'm here."

She took a deep breath. "You can all stay and do some camping if you desire, but this realm is no longer at war. I am now Queen of Aegis."
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-22, 19:44

~Jared shook his head as he made his way back into the cave, Verran holding him at knifepoint. He wasn't about to argue with the man, but he did want to know what was going on. He nodded to Amarra, glancing back to Angel and Ralean. He stood there and watched the talk between them, his mouth falling open at Angel's news.

"What?? Where is my mother? Have you harmed her?"

His fists clenched in anger. He didn't give a damn about Vlad, but he knew Bathory, she'd never give up the throne. Had she been killed?~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-22, 20:08

Angel had been in a happy, bubbly mood and now Jared was already being rude. However, she suspected that he would have problems with the change. Sighing a little, she shook her head.

"Jared...I don't know where she is. That is not my concern right now. My concern is changing the realm and improving it. " She glanced to Ralean for some added support, adding, "Bathory can take care of herself. Wherever she is...now lower your tone with me and stop your accusations, you forget who you speak with."
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-22, 20:24

~wide eyes watch everyone in turn as her thoughts tumble around in her head. She winces at Jared's words and goes to stand beside him, quietly slipping her hand into his, sending him a mindlink hopefully before he can speak again~

"Jared, please, tread carefully. This is how things need to be right now. I think Queen Bathory is okay. You need to stay safe, and out of trouble. I need you. I love you, and I can't lose you now."

~turns to Angel as she speaks and finally dips a curtsey, having been too shocked earlier to remember her courtesy. She is very worried about Queen Bathory, worried about a great many things, but Angel is still a friend, and she smiles~

Your Majesty, I'm happy to see you're well. This is... momentous news.
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-22, 21:21

~ Verran's hand snaps out, taking Jared by the neck, he presses the blade hard against the small of his back~

Speak to my Queen out fo turn again boy and I will finish this hunt regardless of the war's end....

~ He turns hsi gold eyes on Angel~

Say the word, Black Rose, and I will end the boy's life now, and save you the trouble of beheading him later.

~ When Ralean addresses him he casts a quick glance his way.~ I still hunt Therek, I was trailing the beast when I was summoned...and I have something for you and your comrade...a token of the High Lady discoverred in my hunts.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-24, 21:18

~Ml's Amarra: "I love you, but this is my mother -I don't know if she's ok. Please, stay calm, I'll... " His ML was interupted by Verran and his hand curling around his neck. Jared tried to move from it, feeling the dagger at his back. His hands reached up to stop it.

"I have a right to know where she is! Is this how you treat ALL Carthallions?" He was refering to his own status - being Jaric and Angel's nephew, and also the crown prince of Aegis, up until now.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-24, 22:46

Angel looked to Verran and nodded "Your offer is most generous, Hunter - but for now, keep him detained. However, should he continue to be disruptive..." Her voice was serious as it trailed off.

Turning back to Amarra, Angel sighed. "Its unfortunate - I was hoping tonight could have been spent celebrating before I take my troops up to the Merridian Palace but now...nevermind." She shook her head in deep thought, then finally looked up to continue the conversation. Jared had made things akward and she didn't want to show her upset. "Yes, Lady Amarra, its been a while, and it is good to see you." She managed a small smile.

Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-25, 06:27

~her smile at Angel falters. Was she ordering Jared's death because he was afraid for his mother? She reminds herself forcefully, and sadly, that her friendship with Angel changed by necessity the moment she became a queen. Outwardly, she stays calm, her hands at her sides despite an intense urge to pull her water back out of its bottles, but her eyes dart between Jared and Verran. She'd never seen him before today, but she's fairly certain that an entire lifetime would never be able to erase the fear and hatred she feels at this moment. She mindlinks Jared again in a rush, desperate to make him settle down and keep from being hurt~

"Jared, listen to me. Your mother is okay. She told me she was going away but didn't say where. She asked me to wait a while before I told you. It was just before we left the cabin. I don't know anything else, except that she asked me to keep you safe. She loves you, and I love you, and you have to be careful. Please, for both of us. "

~she speaks to Angel, her voice strained but polite, trying to diffuse some of the tension before it's too late~

Your Majesty, with your permission, I'll gather water for our meal. You must have had a long day. Can you tell us what's happened while we make things ready? Not much news reaches us out here in the woods, after all.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-25, 13:54

~Ral falters at Verran's words, looking over to Gil, and still grinning broadly. watching the action unfold, he nods appreciatively at Verran's reflexes. Aye, not much had change. Resting a light hand of ANgel's shoulder to get her attention, he smiles broadly. "He is a man worried for his family. I begrudge him not this concern, nor his fear. Your husband was never much a fan of his mother, this is well known. In his place, I may have come to the same conclusions. These are dangerous times, and it is hard for a man to know his friends from his enemies." He nods respectfully. "I guarantee his good behavior. You've been too long among the Aurorans, I fear. Jared is passionate, and let that lead him. I fear Aegeans have more fire than those from the North." he chuckles, gesturing to Verran and Jared. "besides, if I'm wrong, and he makes a hostile move, I'll kill him myself. I'd hate to look a liar in front of my queen."

Taking a step back, he ML's Jared. "Trust I do not mean the threat, but I'd rather disarm the situation than bury you. The man is not to be trifled with, and he puts very little value on human life, and I don't know the situation well enough to take these risks. We'll get our answers if we can, but let us exercise more tact."

Spreading his arms, the contact taking a quick moment, he gestures welcomingly. "Please, let us maintain the festive atmosphere. We have no minstrels, but we have a hearty fare and much to discuss."

He looks at Amarra graciously. "I believe the lady has touched upon a good point. Perhaps her Majesty and Lady Amarra would care to get reacquainted and ather some water while we butcher the meat for cooking? The stream isn't far, and if you require an escort, any one of us would be more than willing and able."

He didn't mention the sealed water containers in the very rear of the cave he had gathered earlier, relying on a long stay. He hoped everyone would recognize the need to relieve the tension, and he also wished time to speak with Verran, to get clarification.~
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-28, 19:41

~ He nods at the command from his queen, still holding the boy firmly. As Ralean moves to place a hand on Angel, his grip on the weapon shifts subtley, his weapon now prepared to place itself between Ralean and his Queen. ~

Black Rose, I would recomend the conclusion of your business be quick, so that you can be gone from here and more secure. The war may be done, but there is no proof that the Baron's hunters have received the order to stand down, and the bitch Victoria is a difficult one to hunt.

~ a low growl leaves his throat as he recalls the last time he faced the Shadow Dancer. The scar on his arm a distinct reminder of the only time his prey escaped.~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-28, 23:15

Angel paid great attention to Ralean, standing there and listening, nodding a little. "I understand Jareds concern, but this is not the time nor the place to discuss it." She glanced away from him for a moment, but the second he mentioned the amnesty between Jaric and Bathory her eyes flashed with anger. Ralean wouldn't understand that he had hit a sore nerve.

She looked sharply back up at him and bit back the comment that she desperately wanted to say. Shaking her head, her eyes cooled. "The prospect of war has been stressful upon us all. I'm thankful to have made arrangements that did not involve bloodshed of any sort. Please appreciate the sacrifices made in order to make it happen." Angel couldn't talk to Ralean as a friend, not like this, not here.

Verran spoke up and caught her attention. She nodded in response and spoke with authority. "Let the boy go, Verran. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson. Next time I will not be so forgiving." She turned back to Ralean and the others. "In three days time I shall hold a meeting at the Merridian Palace. You are all to attend - much shall be organized and discussed there. In the meantime, feel free to return back to your homes in safety and get cleaned up. Verran is right, I cannot stay as long as I had hoped, least I wish for a dagger in my back. You have my apology."

She turned to leave, then paused and moved back, touching Ralean on the arm. She leaned up close "Please..be there.." was all she whispered into his ear, before she turned and began walking towards Verran.

Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-29, 20:41

Until Verran made the decision to let go of him, he was forced to just stand there. Although in his mind he could hear Raleans talk, Jared felt physically sick. Wave after wave of grief was starting to take over as the prospect of his mothers death loomed. Where was she? Why would she have just disappeared? Suddenly, he felt regret. Regret for not having spent more time with her. His heartache was heavy.

Eventually, after a gulp, Jared finally found the strength to return the mind link. "I'm sorry..Ral, what if she's dead? I've not heard anything from Bathory..and you already gave me her will.." Then he mind linked Amarra "I'm worried...I need to know what happened to her...God, if she's dead, I'll never forgive myself...I treated her so badly."
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-29, 22:28

~ His taloned hand releases the boy on command, his short blade returning to its place among the countless blades in his harness. He nods to Ralean as Angel passes. Reaching behind him, under his cloak, he removes a large, gold-colored scale the size of a small sheild, the center of it etched with a rune, the seal of the High Lady.~

It was found along the border, the plate over her heart.

~ He holds it out to Ralean~

I know how well you served her, if this is all that is left, it is only fitting that you and your brothers see it honored properly. Some elf ~ he spits on the ground, the grass singing on contact~ was trying to sell it, he will dishonor no one furhter.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-01-30, 07:39

~bristles at Angel calling Jared "boy," offended on her husband's behalf, though she is careful to keep her voice neutral. This is not the Angel she remembers, likely because of her new position, and she finds it unsettling~

We will be there, Your Majesty.

~as soon as Verran lets Jared go, she takes his arm firmly, feeling protective and a little possessive. She looks him over carefully to make sure he's not hurt, looking hard at his neck and peering behind him to see if there is any blood from Verran's knife. She stops herself just short of lifting his shirt to check for marks, not wanting to embarrass him in public, but never lets go of his arm~

"I know, Jared. I'm worried too. You both treated each other badly at times, but she loves you, and she knows you love her. I know she does. She's okay. She's too stubborn not to be okay. Trust her."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next