Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)

Go down 
+2
Jared Crimsonflame
Ralean SwyftBlade
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Empty
PostSubject: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-08-09, 23:07

~Ral leaned against a tree, bow in hand. He drew down on a large stag as it stood not far from him in the forest, looking very regal and majestic.

Twang.

The magnificent animal lifted its head as the broadhead arrow pierced skin, muscle and other tissues, severing important arteries. With a fluttering kick, the animal attempted a half-hearted leap into the air before crumbling. Nodding in satisfaction with the shot, Ralean knocked another arrow as he approached the beast slowly. He looked around, stood straight, sighed, and lowered his bow as he knelt, deftly field dressing the animal with quick, measured strokes of his hunting knife. Every few moments, he paused, conditioned to listen for minute changes in the environment, and anything that seemed off in the woods.

Cursing softly, he began the laborious process of dragging the damn thing back to the camp.

The camp was a small cave with a wide mouth. Already it had been cleared and fitted with pine needles and ferns for bedding, and the horses were staked within, out of sight, their noises muffled. They had long ago been taken care of, brushed, and fed. Their tack and harness was well seen to, and set neatly within the cave as well. They had been basing their search from this easily defensible spot, as the ridge which it rested against allowed one avenue of approach to the cave entrance, and from above, there was an overhang that his the true dimensions of the cave itself.

The deer was roped into a tree, and Ralean was in the process of butchering it, saving strips to be dried in case of quick travel, and wasting none of the meat. One could never be too prepared. Later, he would begin preparing water containers to be filled from a nearby stream. They had considered every contingency, now all they had to do was find Jared. A few leads had proved promising, and Gil had gone out alone to see if perhaps he could pick them up. Having spent his life hunting men through the wilderness, Ralean had not questioned his competence or capabilities, and had merely given in to his superior experience. No stranger to survivng in the wilderness, or the arts of hutning and tracking, Ralean still understood that Giligian was more capable than himself.

These thoughts brought back memories of days spent stalking the Auroran wilderness with Verran, hunting...well, just about anything. Men, monsters, it made no difference. Those days, nothing could have eluded them in any terrain. these days, it felt good to sharpen his skills. Already he felt at home in the forest, despite the brief time they had been in it, traveling. He was attuning himself to the sights, sounds, smells..the FEEL of the forest. He hoped Jared was faring well. he didn't know how well provisioned the man was, with whom he was traveling, or what level of training and experience he had living in the woods.

Pausing to slip a piece of raw meat into his mouth, he thought while he chewed. this was all a shit storm, and they were going to drown if they didn't find a way to stem the flood.~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-07, 16:35

Jared had recieved the letter from Ralean, and was now on his way through the forest to try and meet up with him. Amarra had joined him, and both were on horseback. It was getting dark, and fast. On his travels through the tree's, he had been thinking hard about the situation. Desperately, his mind had been trying to find a solution. Now, he still wasn't sure if he had an answer, but he did have things to discuss with Ralean.

"We should set up camp here.." Jared suggested, to Amarra, pausing in thought when he looked up and saw the cave and signs of a camp ahead. Pointing it out to Amarra, he quickly got back onto his horse. "It won't take us long to get there..lets keep going, it might be Ralean."
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-07, 16:46

~keeps her eyes on Jared as they travel, not wanting to lose him in the woods. She's still not comfortable on horseback, though at least she's learned how not to fall off the beast, and the last thing she wants is to get herself lost here where one tree looks much the same as any other. Still as long as she can see him, she's not afraid, and she follows close. As stiff as she is from riding, she nods at his suggestion to keep going. If it is Ralean ahead, it would be silly to stop so close. And if it's not, well, better to know it sooner rather than later. She does reach one hand to her skirt to uncap one of her water bottles, just in case, quickly grabbing the reigns again when that's done~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-11, 18:40

~~Gil had been shadowing them for a time, waiting back and keeping to the trees. The rush was still there, despite this not being a true life or death mission. Still, he'd hung back and trailed them through the trees ever since he'd found their trail. He remembered days spent doing this to bands of raiders and smugglers, and grinned in spite of himself.

Slipping through the trees to their rear, he kept a parallel track, slightly behind the pair. He knew they were approaching the campsite and realized he should reveal himself before Ralean did. just in case he didn't recognize them beforehand.

From a place in the trail between them and the camp, a rather large shrub detaches itself from the trees, revealing itself to be Gil, geared for the wilderness, a bow in hand with arrow knocked. He raises a hand in greeting to the pair and gestures towards the camp with a nod, giving a short whistle, a pre-planned signal to Ralean at the camp. Moving towards them, he grins. "Ralean's in the camp. He'll b expecting you now. I'll scout behind and make sure I'm not the only one that's been following you." his voice is low and he grins, giving a short bow before stepping into the sun-dappled treeline and seeming to disappear from sight.~~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-12, 14:48

Jared tried not to laugh as Gilligian stepped out of the brush, shaking his head in relief that it was nothing worse. He raises his hand and waves. "Hello my friend. Good to see you."

Jared grins and guides his horse towards the man, gesturing for Amarra to do the same."Its been a while, you're looking well. Thank God it was you, and not one of Jaric's scouts." Then, realizing that Gil didn't want his hiding place to be given away, Jared steers his horse further away from him and speaks to Amarra.

"Thankfully Ralean is up there. A good thing, too. I really didn't want to spend anymore time searching." Following Gil's direction, he begins to make his way towards the cave.

"Ralean?" Jared called out, finally dismounting from the horse and heading with confident strides towards the entrance. He was getting impatient, it would be good to catch up with old friends.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-12, 15:13

~nearly falls off her horse, startled at Giligian's sudden appearance. When she sees who it is, she can't help but laugh at herself, thankful it wasn't someone who wished them ill. Some help she'd have been, water bottle or not, if she'd been preoccupied by falling off the horse! With a murmur of agreement, she half dismounts, half slides awkwardly to the ground beside Jared, never more grateful to have solid ground beneath her feet. Ignoring the stiffness in her back and legs, and soreness in other various places not accustomed to traveling horseback, she follows Jared to the cave with a curious look around at the camp. She stays quiet, just examining their surroundings and instinctively casting her senses out to feel for the nearest sources of water.

She hasn't seen many caves on the surface, and she pauses to run her hand over the stone of the entrance, curiosity getting the better of her. She doesn't let Jared get too far ahead of her, though, and hurries to catch up ~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-14, 13:58

~"Well met, my friend."

Ral is seatedon a rock outcropping above the cave entrance, bow strung and resting across his lap. "I fear I may have been more welcoming had I been given more warning, but as you can see, we can never be too cautious at times like these. If you'll give me a moment to get back to you."

Rolling off the rock and to his feet, he slips back into the trees, appearing from a well-concealed trail a distance along the trail, quite a few yards behind them. He grins and waves a hand in greeting, gestruing to the cave. "Welcome to our humble abode. It serves us well enough, and is quite comfortable. For an overglorified outcropping, that is."

He gestures to the deer hanging, mostly butchered. "I was in the midddle of preparing dinner if you'd care to join. And then we were going to get some water in this damn place. The stream isn't far, but it's still a hassle."

Sitting on a fallen log, he unstrings his bow and unslings his quiver, resting them near the cave entrance. "I believe though, that we have a lot to discuss, eh? Business before pleasure, of course. Perhaps you'd carfe to give Gil a moment to return though? I'd hate to be interrupted by unelcome guests."~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-14, 14:26

~steps backwards to see where Ralean's voice had come from and grins briefly at Jared, amused that they had both missed him sitting up there as they'd been so involved in their own thoughts. She watches carefully as he disappears, then reappears on the ground, but decides exploring the woods to figure out how to get up there is better left to others who can find their way through the woods without getting themselves lost~

Water is no hassle at all, my lord, as long as you have something to keep it in. I'll be happy to get as much as you need, whenever you're ready for it.

~she looks around a bit more for an out of the way place to settle herself in case they don't want her nearby when discussing "business." After past events, she could hardly blame them if that were the case, though it would disappoint her. She's sure she can find something to do, as far from the horses as possible~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-14, 14:32

~Ral smiles and sighs. 'Forgive me, I fall easily into an old campaigner's habits. We keep the horses in the cave, such as it is. Helps keep the noise down. If you'd like help with their tack and such, I can help. We have grooming supplies and a bit of supplies to maintain thet ack, but I fear the poor animals aren't worth much in the deep forest."

He smiles at Amarra. "I thank you for the offer, m'lady. Any help would be appreciated. At this point, we weren't sure of what to expect, so we were doing as best we cold with what we had."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-18, 07:51

"There's nothing to forgive, its best to be cautious. " Jared stood still for a few moments, watching Ralean approach further from his former position. "The animals offer the possibilty of a quick get away - or food, if necessary, but yes, they are inconvienant at best."

Jared turns and smiles to Amarra, then back to his friend. "We have settled into a log cabin not far from here, and you're more than welcome to join us - but by the looks of the deer, you're already set." In normal conversation, he would have wanted to just catch up and talk about the mundane, or hunting, but something more weighed on his mind and so he turned serious.

"Ralean, I've got to ask - what the hell has been going on? Hidden here like this - we've had no contact with the outside world save your message."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-22, 22:06

~Ral nods a little. "much and more, my friend. The realm is in a bad way. I met with your mother. It is much worse than we considered, and she will not conisder any kind of peace. She left you some things you won't like to have." he disappears into the cave and comes out a moment later with a small sealed box. "Her last will, and the greater part of her fortune. They are meant for you."

he hands jared the box and sits. "We had an interesting talk. It seems in the least some little birds mentioned that I may ahve had a hand in starting this fool's conflict." he looks pointedly at Amarra, continuing. "I fear it will come to war, regardless. So we sit and wait. I fear I came to you directly from my meeting with your mother, so little was told to me about the state of the realm except that we should be prepared to make them earn every inch of Aegean soil."~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-23, 14:22

~smiles humorlessly and speaks softly, an edge of hurt to her voice, though she understands why he would blame her. Still, the only person she'd said anything to was Rensain, and that was in a mindlink, and she'd made sure he wouldn't give names. If the queen knew about what happened with Ralean and Angel, whatever that might have been, she knows it wasn't from her~

If you'd like to imply something about me, my lord, you're welcome to say it outright. As easy as I know it is to blame someone you already know was a traitor, this time you'll have to find somewhere else to point your finger. I haven't spoken to Queen Bathory since before I left for Icehold in the first place, certainly not since I've been back. I was a little busy enjoying the hospitality of our gentle King Vladamir.

~pushes the hair off her shoulders to show the bruises still clearly visible on both sides of her face~

Besides that, I like Angel and wouldn't want to see her come to harm, nor you either. I wouldn't think either Lord Carthallion would need much of an excuse to go after the other, in any case.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-09-27, 12:23

~Looks at Amarra with a grin and chuckles. "I won't speak of you treasons and shortcomings without having knowledge. pray, give me the same courtesy and do not make assumptions on things you do not know. Tell me though, who else would have spread such ill-informed fallacy? Forgive the assumption, but Jared I trust to take me at my word, and not not involve others where they were not welcome. Perhaps one of you slipped an ill-timed word to a questioniable friend? Still, I give credit where it is due, and to either of you I simply say this: any matter was still no business of yours, and the potential cost of my life for your misperceptions is not greatly appreciated. We don't have the luxury of being free with who we speak to anymore, especially when we speak without knowledge." his tone is light and conversational, almost cheerful, as always.

as she shifts her hair, he glances at the bruises flatly. "Yes, they're bruises. From Vlad, I consider those a gift. The baron is not our concern, however, nor his unique perspective on hospitality. I believe we should worry more about the continued safety and existence of Aegis and her people, and any means that allows that, I will consider, even if that means supporting the baron. We have to be pragmatic."

"To this end, we will speak today. I would suggest you remain at your cabin. We will find you, and be near. We'll be setting up caches of supplies, in the event that we must disappear, since it is likely others know the location of the cabin. We don't know how much this will escalate while we're here, so we must be prepared. We brought very little in the way of weapons, only our own personal ones, but we are more than capable of fashioning much of what we would need. We have enough arrows, at least."

he glances at jared. 'Do you have arms, armor, and a bow?"~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-10-10, 08:04

Jared listened to the exchange between Amarra, then Ralean. There would be a small pause as he reached out and squeezed Amarra's hand, keeping it close. His eyes remained on Ralean and slowly he nodded. In some aspects, he understood.

"None of our business, aye. You're right..." He exhaled deeply. "I will say one more thing on the matter, and then thats all I'll ever speak of it." He let go of Amarra's hand gently and placed his hand on the hilt of his sword. "You don't have to answer me, Ral. However, if you care for the girl (Angel) perhaps we should find a way to get her back on Aegian soil, away from the Carthallions. She's out of her depth, she'll loose her life if she continues to stay there. Amarra's right to be concerned about her - we all are. You're her only hope, no one else gives a damn."

Shrugging, he shook his head at his own suggestion. "Its do or die. Staying here feels like a pathetic, cowards way out. I only do so because I want to keep Amarra safe." He reached out and took the parchment of his mothers Will and Testament. Fury flashed in his eyes, a silent and cold thunder. "I see. So she's already given up?" He knew his mother better. Clearly, she knew something everyone else didn't. He was speechless for a few moments. "No - she's in the same position as Angel. Trapped in the game." He had always seen Bathory as immortal and it was hard for him to accept what the document was telling him.

Finally, his thoughts caught up to him, and his voice was sharp. "Sit here in a log cabin and let my mother die? Is that really what you expect me to do?"
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-10-10, 21:20

~takes a last long look at Ralean before turning back to Jared, grateful for his quiet support~

Jared, your duty is to Aegis. Whether that means staying at the cabin or leaving to do something else, I can't say, but please don't feel like you have to stay for me. As much as I'd prefer you to never leave my side, I'm not defenseless. I can protect myself, and anyone near enough, for a while if necessary.

~glances at the paper in Jared's hand and resists the urge to reach for it. Whatever has happened, she still feels protective of the queen, and the thought of her being trapped in any way is frightening, yet she doesn't know if it would be overstepping her place right now to read her words for herself~

Queen Bathory would never give up. I don't believe she'd know how even if she wanted to. If this is a game, there has to be a move to make that will reach her. And if there isn't... is there a way to cheat?
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-13, 21:24

~Ral looks rather calmly at Jared. "I expect you to be a Prince, my friend. The kingdom, the people, come first. She is a capable woman, and has survived thus far without you coming to her rescue. We have a duty. However, Amarra is right. The choice is yours."

Ral nods to Jared. "For the immediate future, however, I would recommend that you vacate the cabin. I don't know who else knows where it is, but I think we're safer if we're off the beaten path. What do you have there for weapons and provisions?"~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 20:23

~~Gil trundles back into the cave entrance. His skin is covered in handmade green and brown dyes, and even standing there he seems to blend into the background. His bow is still in hand, an arrow knocked. He leans himself slightly inside the rocky entrance, profile to those inside so he can keep an eye on the trail leading to the cave. Those who knew him only from Ralean's company would notice the change. this was the voice of a seasoned soldier, a man very comfortable and very effecient. Even his bearing had changed, from his usual swagger to an easy, practiced efficiency of motion. He leaned back, letting his big frame blend better into the shadowed entrance.

"I covered their tracks as far back as where they last watered the horses. Unless we're being trailed by Border Guards or demons, no one will be the wiser. Also, nice buck in the tree. Good shot."

His tone is low, conversational but with an edge most wouldn't have heard. He glances back into the cave and lifts a brow at the assembled faces.

"Why d' y'all look so serious, eh? We're not dead yet." He winks, turning his atention back to the trailway, with one ear on the conversations inside the cave...~~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 21:09

~Ral looks up a moment before Gil enters, catching his entrance not as quickly as he'd liked. he stilled marveled at the big man's stealth. Grinning, he shakes his head. No, good as he was, Giligian was not the best he had seen in the woods. Recalling days with Verran, and how the man was a ghost of the woods, he was thankful at least that they were not contending with him out here in the wilderness. Aside from the Hunter, and a certain few men who were long dead, Ralean could not ask for a better ally in the woods than Giligian. The Nexan Border Guard had been famed for their skills as woodsmen, survivalists, and trackers. Giligian was no exception to this. Ral figured, even with his years with Verran, he'd be hard pressed to keep up with Giligian in the wilderness.

Lost in these thoughts a moment, he let himself slowly come back to focus at the task at hand. "At this point, my friend, I doubt either of those things would surprise me. Thank you though. Any signs that we're not alone?"~
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 21:44

~ The smell of smoke drifts in on the wind, in the distance, back toward the empty cabin, black smoke rolls into the air, leaving no doubt that someone found the royal couple's lodgings, and dealt with them definitivley.

From his vantage in the trees the Hunter watches the cave. He was impressed by the tall Nexan's skills. Very few men could move as quietly in the forest as this one, and fewwer still could have coverred the trail so well as to actually make him work to find it. Unfortunately for the human, Verran had gifts that allowed him to be better. In the dim light of the forest the lines of the pentagram tatooed around his eye shimmerred slightly.

He moved further into the trees, taking up a position in the thick branches of a large pine and waiting, his quary was already to gorund here, and all he waited for was the command to make the kill. He pulls his grey-green cloak around him and settles onto his perch for the long watch. Something botherred him though, there was a scent nearby that he rememberred, the smell of dragon-hide and old blood that made him think to an old ally.~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 22:15

~~Gil heaves a deep sigh. "Well, now that you mention it, there is a rather large fire in the woods."

He steps further back into the cave, so he isn't visible from outside, his back against the stone. "If I'm not mistaken about this, it appears the fire is coming from the direction of our geusts' abode." he checks the tension of his bowstring. "it looks like we have ill-meaning company of sorts. Let's just hope I did a good enough job that we weren't followed."~~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 22:28

~Ral looked as thoroughly unsurprised at the news as anyone could. Knocking a hand against his chest, he felt reassured by the way the dragonhide melded to his body under the layer of covering cloth. He hoped whoever was out there would be surprised at the supple toughness of the material if it came to a fight.

Standing, moving deeper into the cave shadows, Ralean buckled on his pair of swords, and checked the shadowdagger in his belt. pulling a woods cloak in mottled forest shades around his shoulders, he pulled the hood up.

coming back to jared and amarra, he hands a longsword to jared, a dwarven forged, unadorned piece of killing steel. "I don't suppose you are both just very poor at building a fire?" He sighs. "No, I suppose not. There are bows and extra quivers of arrows in the rear if you'd care to it, and an extra suit of chainmail, with padding. It may be a bit big on you Jared, but it's better than nothing." he looks to Amarra "M'lady, if you can use a bow or sword, I suggest you grab one or the other. i have no armor to offer, and can only advise that you do your best to stay behind the men in armor." he meant this as no slight to her, only facts.

He straightens, looking to Gil. "How ready are you, just in case?"~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 22:49

~~Gil frowns, skirting the edge of the cave as he moves to the back. "No, I'm not quite ready as yet. I was out scouting, not looking for a fight."

Going to his supplies, he rummages, donning studded leather over his clothes, strapping Anthony's longsword to his hip opposite a long, thin-bladed dagger. he places a brace of throwing knives on each forearm, and a pair of handaxes into a harness on his chest. he checks the pair of knives tucked into his boots, and the pair crossed on his back. he slips on a pair of leather gloves, lightly studded, with sharpened studs in the knuckles for last efforts. Slipping back into his forest cloak, he pulls the hood up over his head, lifting his bow again. "Aye, now, I'm ready."~~
Back to top Go down
Verran Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 23:04

~ As they move about the cave a rustling can be heard outside, accompanied by a soft snuffling noise. Just poutside the cave mouth a badger, easily twice as large as the norm for the area is rooting about as if looking for something particular. The beast's appearance is further marked by the appearance of a large leather collar with metal studs.

It moves about the entrance without enterring the cave itself before moving off into the forest.~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-29, 23:23

~Ral stops cold as he spots the badger. As he takes the scene in, he inhales deeply, closing his eyes. Contrary to the moment, he takes a seat on his saddle where it sits. Looking at the others, he smiles thinly, a weak gesture.

"Well, I have good news and bad news..."

Watching the badger trudge off from the cave entrance, he flashes a tired grin. "The good news, is that I know who is out there, and vaguely why." he looks at everyone in turn, shaking his head in disbelief. "the bad news is that there is an extremely good chance at least one of us isn't leaving this cave alive. I doubt this is a social call."

He shrugs a little. "So, anyone care to make a wager on whose head he'll collect?"

Shaking his head again, he pushes himself to his feet. "Well, today is as good a day as any to die." as bold as you please, Ralean straightens, his boyish, shit-eating grin appearing on his face as he walks to the cave entrance with long, confident strides, his hands straight to his sides, palms out to show that he's unarmed...~
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime2011-12-31, 00:01

~~Gil looks at Ral as if he'd suddenly grown another head and a third arm. "Yer makin' damn less sense by the minute. Who or what is out there, and what makes you think the three of us...four if you count the lady...can't just go and handle it like sane men?"

"And another thing. What is that great blasted badger, and who the shit collared the not-so-little bastard? Why did you react like you'd seen a ghost?"

Rolling his eyes, he walks beside Ral, not impeding his leaving of the cave. His bow is in hand, and an arrow against the string, but it isn't pulled. He trusted Ralean's non-aggressive stance. Not completely, but enough to not make overtly aggressive gestures. Still, he was frustrated and confused.

"You're sounding a bit daft today, and if you've lost it all, you've got to speak up a bit. I don't get paid enough for this. Neither do they. In fact, I'm not so rightly sure yer still paying me at all."

He looks at the cave entrance, now looming larger and brighter.

"So, are ya gonna be telling us what the hell is out there, or are we just supposed to keep guessin'?"~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)   Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting a different prey (Hide and seek with a prince)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next