Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*

Go down 
+2
Amarra
Queen Bathory
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

Discussion about Storyline *Please Read* Empty
PostSubject: Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*   Discussion about Storyline *Please Read* Icon_minitime2011-02-12, 08:47

Heya guys,

This is just a message to make sure that everyone is on the same storyline page and also I want to open up the forum, so to speak about current storyline. That means you are all free to discuss (likes and dislikes) about the story, and also to ask questions that may avoid future confusion about whats going on. This information will be knowledge from an out of character point of view, and I trust you're all mature enough not to take it in character.

Also, this thread is designed for anyone who wishes to tell us about what storyline you are currently in. This helps us keep track of who is where doing what. Smile Don't worry if your character is in two threads at the same time, that doesn't bother us.

My main object is to keep the communication going between players.

Okay, would anyone like to start off the discussion? Smile

Rae

Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*   Discussion about Storyline *Please Read* Icon_minitime2011-02-12, 10:09

Ok, I'll start. Smile

Amarra is with Jared in a cabin in Everest Forest, a sort of combination honeymoon suite/hideout till Jared receives word from King Vladamir. The orders were to wait for further commands, or to start harrying Jaric's army from the sidelines if no word is received after, what was it, two weeks? I do have a question about that... with everyone being around intermittently and things developing at different rates around the site, would it be possible for us to be told when those two weeks are up, so we can decide on our actions from there?

As for the storyline as a whole. it's very intense. Every time someone posts, I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen next. This is the kind of thing that affects the whole site, because whatever happens, when it finally comes to its conclusion, there are going to be changes. We just don't know what those changes will be, yet.

I do hope all our characters are very, very careful, though. An outright war would be a baaaaaaad thing. Most of the cities would likely be flattened. The Aegian citizens would either be dead or fleeing, whichever side won. That's not taking into account what would happen to all our characters. If the Aurorans won, I can't imagine Jaric letting anyone who wasn't already killed in battles live. Surely Vlad would be the same, if Aegis won. Almost all our locations and major characters would be gone, either way. It would be like starting the whole RP from scratch. It's a scary thought. I can't help imagining all of Aegis turned into one giant Thunderlands, empty and dead.
Back to top Go down
Leto De Vries

Leto De Vries

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*   Discussion about Storyline *Please Read* Icon_minitime2011-02-22, 17:42

Ok, here's my two cents.

I think that first and foremost, we need to remember that we are all playing an RPG. This means two things:

1) We should be having fun!

2) As RPGers, its our obligation to come up with a fun, interesting story.

To me, it seems incredibly dull if the Auroran army decides that its "taking over", and does so without so much a wayward glance. I know that most of you have been roleplaying with your characters for a very long time, and are reluctant to put them in the line of danger - but at what point do we place exciting storytelling above character preservation? Getting involved isnt necessarily certain death as long as its RPed in the correct way.

Inaction though, is the most cardinal offence a roleplayer can make. Like Amarra says - when the dust settles, nothing will be the same. What's the point of not shaping that future?
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*   Discussion about Storyline *Please Read* Icon_minitime2011-03-06, 22:31

Good points Leto, valid points...and here are a few you've missed.

While it is up to the players to create storyuline they will enjoy, it is also up to them to keep a small semblance of reality and continuity.

For instance, being able to explain how you even know the Aurorans are marching...

Now, as for the rolling over and doing nothing, the player's characters, save for Rensain and Maire, are unaware that anything is even happening. Now, you need yo keep in mind a very important note here. When you are on Aegis, the Aurorans, and Bathy are for all intents and purposes important NPC's. When you are reading their posts you are getting a peak behind the GM screen and a glimpse at what has been arranged as a whole.

In any other game, the DM doesn't share with you the politics of the other realms. You get a broad picture, and then play your bit part. To say they are doing nothing is a slap in the face to the players that, at this moment, are attempting to keep the rest of the realm alive. Namely Renny, Maire, Angel, and Bathy.

You are, of course, more than welcome to get involved in a constructive way. But players need to keep in mind that they are limited to their involvement based on their status in the realm. The majority of you are peasants. Interfering in the lives of the nobles can get you killed or worse. This is in no way meant to say you can't try. Justr don't come crying about vendettas, or whining if things go terribly wrong because you weren't ready to face the consequences to dving in the deep end, and be ready to make your plans over a long term.

Also, keep in mind that characters like Bathory, Vlad, Jaric, Renny...have had centuries to perfect their skills. They have been playing at politics longer than the average character has been alive. They have armies at their control, and yes, they are terribly overpowerred for PCs...which makes it a good thing that for the most part, they are NPCs.

And Amarra makes a very valid point....go figure that one out Razz ...war with the Aurorans would be bad. They currently outnumber Aegis, they have not been in the near constant state of war that Aegis has been, starting back before SoulReaver, and the Aegean army has been saved on more than one occassion by the timely intervention of Jaric and his men. This makes it highly unlikely that the tired, batterred soldiers of Aegis will even be willing to fight for a King that has only been on the throne breifly, and who is asking them to fight men they have shed blood with and for.While it is possible that some grand action on the side fo the players will accomplish a miracle in a few battles, the reality of a war is bleak in the extreme.

Alright, enough with that. Here's where I'm at for the moment.

Jaric: Thunderlands with Renny.
Vlad: Thunderlands with Angel, after his meeting with Bathy. (( Help keep the timeframe right))
Xavier: F'Tallian with Damyn.
Velmark: F'Tallian with Damyn
Wulfgang: Currently has control of Draco...never left after securing the city in the SoulReaver wars.
One Eyed George: With his captain...gods know why...

There, I think that about covers my characters.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*   Discussion about Storyline *Please Read* Icon_minitime2011-04-26, 16:47

In my humble opinion, all the points that have been made here are very valid. An interesting topic.

As for my Characters, I only play one. Rensain, has been doing the following:

1) Spending most of his time at the Thunderlands with my wife, Lady Maire Caladore. We both share the joy that we're expcting another child and was enjoying a rather beautiful dinner when it was rudely interupted by none other, that King Jaric and his wife, Queen Angel of Aurora.

Of course, the above is the basic plot. Rensain has been ordered by King Vladamir Carthallion to keep Jaric occupied for as long as possible to hold off his arrival in Aegis.

Saying too much more might give away interesting plot, however, if anyone wishes to ask me about my storyline feel free. I usually post on the boards or in my journal.

Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*   Discussion about Storyline *Please Read* Icon_minitime2011-04-27, 21:56

Welllll my lil charie isn't doing too much right now of note but I though I should post any way.

Letala is currently still back and forth from Aegis but on her most recent trips she has discussed the prospects of buying land and building a manor for herself just outside of the city Meriddia. She has done well to keep this piece of information between her and Ava. She has also had her fair share of private meetings with Ava to discuss the matter of political and personal agendas.

Other than that not a whole long going on with her due to lack of time to start more SL and continue old SL cause of my crazy life taking hold and throwing me curve ball after curve ball.

But I am keeping my fingers crossed and I hope things calm down.

Hope everyone is well!

PS going out of town for a week so if you message me and I do not respond I am not ignoring you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*   Discussion about Storyline *Please Read* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion about Storyline *Please Read*
Page 1 of 1