Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To spar or not to spar...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 21:14

~she raised an eyebrow~

"And what will it be?"

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 21:27

He turned to look at her side-on, that famous cocky-grin of his on his face.

You'll have to find out when HE finds out.

It wasn't that he expected her to go running and tell him, he knew she'd never do anything like that. It was just... what he had decided was such a strange choice that he was sure to shock and startle both her and Tiberious. At least, he hoped he'd shock Tiberious.
His main tactic was based on keeping him on his toes, never knowing what the next unexpected thing would be.

Oh yes, Artimus had a plan for this third weapon. But it was a long shot plan, and one he hoped he wouldn't have to use. But he intended to win this fight, and if it meant deploying this secret weapon, then so be it.
He expected Tiberious to cry foul afterwards; to say Art's move was unfair and without any honour and therefore he should forfeit the match - but Artimus knew by declaring the weapon at the start, no one could deny he used it fairly. And besides, it's not like Tiberious doesn't know about Artimus' special ability....

He smiled to himself. Yes, it was a long shot, but it would work. It had to work. He just had to be braver than Tiberious would give him credit for to pull it off.
And trust Jade to get him to safety pretty damn fast afterwards. Hells, he would need her help.

Jade... If.. something... were to happen to me during this fight, and it was declared over by one of us submitting or yielding... You would look after me, wouldn't you?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 21:32

~she nodded as he decided not to tell.~

~she looked at him and made a face that was like are you serious.~

"Really.. you have to ask that...always will specially if mom wasn't around."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 21:36

He saw that look.

Alright then, let's say that at the end of this fight, I have two broken legs and am unable to move without help. I know you would help me get somewhere to recover. But let's say at the same time, Tiberious has been knocked out. Could you honestly put me before him?

His tone indicated it was a genuine question, not a "chose, him ro me" situation. He only wanted to make her think about her feelings - he knew she had them for him whether he liked it or not - and just wanted her to be honest with herself about it.

He smiled, to let her know whatever answer she gave was alright.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 21:44

~she looked at him.~

"I..would..get you set up in splints and then check on him...make sure he was ok... and wish there was two of me. if it was bad enough I would have to call mom.."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 21:53

He sighed; a sigh of happiness, of learning, and smiled again.

And that, my young student, is what being a guard is all about. In a situation like that, you check on the person making the least noise first, because they're the more likely to need aid.

He put his arm around her.

I've got a horrible feeling you will be dragging me away from this in a battered state. But I'll tell you this. I am not intending on losing this fight.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 22:03

~she nodded~

"I wish there was a way for you both to win but then what would be the point of all this."

~she hugged her dad~

"I just want you two to be ok with each or as ok as you two can be."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 22:06

I wish that too. I don't really look forward to the thought of beating him up - he was my best friend not too long ago. But if this si the only way to get him to clear the air, then I'll have to. You know, if I didn't know better, I'd suspect he starting adding extra things into the bet to make sure I don't just quit once we get going. Now, I have too much at stake. I don't want to have to give him Azure and my boat!

He watched her out of the corner of his eye, waiting to see if she would notice he forget to mention her.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 22:14

"Oh I see how it is the horse and boat are the most important." ~she made a pouty face~

"Just throw me off to the side who cares what happens to your own flesh and blood. Your only daughter."

~she was really putting on a show. she even brought on the tears.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 22:29

His inner smile faded and he put his arm around her again.

Hey, I'm joking... Of course you're top of my list. But I know I'll see you again.

Artimus was still having a hard time believing Tiberious made Jade part of the deal. He himself woul dnever use her to be traded off like a commoditity, or put a restriction on her. He hoped she'd noticed that he had never actually said she couldn't see Tiberious, only that he wasn't happy with her seeing him.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 22:35

~she grinned~

"I know dad. I was just playing."

~she smiled~

"I think things will work out one way or another."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 03:58

He put his arm around her once more, and looked up at the sun. He idly wondered what Tiberious was doing to prepare for this fight, after all he had been the one to impose the delay; Artimus had been ready to start right away. Then he looked at the pendant Jade now had and wondered what Indis was doing. Was she ready to come back yet?
She had said to call her back once they reached their new home - was she expecting them to be somewhere near and was getting herself ready to be with them again?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 11:48

~she looks up at sun~

"As it been over an hour yet?" ~she was starting to get antsy. Two of the people she loved the most where about to beat the hell out of each other. But she wanted them to be ok and this was the only way she could think of to get them to be that way. Should would call her mother here if it came down to it. if they are both hurt so bad that she can't handle it. But it would be a last resort.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 18:48

He continued to stare at the sun.

Not yet, but it won't be long.
He needed to clear his head of thoughts for a while, too much was going around in there.

Tell me about growing up away from your mother.
Yes it was a random thing to ask, but he didn't know, and now was as good a time as any to hear the story.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 20:11

~she looks over to him~

"Well it wasn't completely away from her. I knew she had a job to do back here and the times she came to visit it was the best. I think she left me there so I didn't have to see her sad. At least at first. But things got better and she was trying to judge if she should have brought me back to aegis but she didn't know how things would go. So she always told me to use her name. then she told me that in time if I was comfortable to let people know who I was. But when I was little I use to look up at the stars and wondered about you and if you were looking up at those same stars. but i knew you didn't know about me but I used to pretend you did. and that you were actually out there looking for me a lost princess and all that." ~she blushed about that~

"I know silly. But still mom would call me princess until I got about 12 and then I started to ask for her to teach me to fight cause I got into a fist fight with a few guys that were a lot older.. They were miss treating this dog. I ended up with a black eye. They ended up with a broke nose and arm. I got in so much trouble at first then I explained why I did it. I still was in trouble just not as much." ~she chuckled.~

"I guess I finished fights too."

~she smiled at her dad.~

"After that she started to teach me a little bits of fighting but wanting me to be able to defend then actually start fights. I know she didn't like me being in fights if I didn't have to be. It wasn't to long after that fight that I got Artimus...I had to have you with me some how. We bonded like you did with Azure. I just wish I knew what happened to him."

~she sighed for a moment~

"Part of me wishes I could go back to being little so you could see how I was. I know if you would have known things might have been different. That day you left must have been the roughest day for her. It was the same day she found out about me. She held it all together for me. Not wanting to seem weak to me. But I knew. Cause when she would visit we would cuddle together and when she thought I was asleep I heard her cry and I would hug her sometimes or just let her cry."

~she took a breath~

"Ok enough of that. Just know dad I love you always have." ~she flashed the trademark grin~
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 20:43

~The hour was very close to being up and Tiberious had returned to the training ground. He had been to see a healer about his eye, and while not fully healed yet, he was able to fully open it now at least. He was wearing his chestplate, which gleamed in the sun, as well as the plate armoured arms and gauntlets. He also had a half helmet, which protected the top, sides and back of his head, but left his face free for full visibility. His broadsword was resting on the sword rack. The armour covering his arms had small spikes on the back of the elbows, about an inch long. He stood there, motionless as usual, arms folded across his chest, waiting for his prey to arrive.~

~His squad of trainees were all here as well, all eager to watch their trainer show them how it was done.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:03

He listened to the story, wishing he could have been part of their lives during that time. Indis wouldn't have been sad and jade wouldn't have had to be away. He wouldn't have resigned his command and she could have taken his name. So much had changed with one simple decision. He put his arm around her.

When I left the other place and started travelling, I did used to look up at the stars and think of here, wonder what Indis was doing. Was she still waiting for me to return, or had she found someone else and moved on. Had I known you were here waiting for me, I would have fought Hell and Earth to get back here. he paused for a moment. But I didn't, so I didn't.

He realised how that sounded.

That's not to say I don't love your mother. I do. I just... had to sort myself out first. I was a mess when I left the other place; the people there did things... you can't imagine. A bunch of freaks and outcasts. It wasn't a pleasant experience. So I needed time to find myself.
There is an old story I heard while I was travelling. The story was about a man who had lost everything he had due to poor decisions. he took what few possessions he had and started to walk. The story goes that he walked for many years, with no destination in mind, just walking, until finally he met himself. Then he and himself sat down and talked about things. Then once he was happy, he returned home.
I realised that was what i was doing. I had no destiation in mind, I just had to keep going in case they were following me. I sold my boat - the one the Admiral got for me. Artimus' Pride it was called. I always hated that name - in one port, headed to another city to change the money into a different currency then headed North to another port city where I purchased a new boat. I hoped by doing that the money would be untracable, as would I, because if I didn't know where I was going, no one else would.
Eventually I managed ot make sure I wasn't being followed and returned here. I didn't come directly here of course, just in case they were watching. But back i came.
In the meantime I had realised what I had thrown away here - the love you mother had for me being one of them. And then I found you...

He glanced up at the sun once more.

I've talked too long, time is nearly up. He turned to start back, and begin the toughest fight of his life.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:14

~she looked up at the sun.~

~she took a deep breath and turned back with him.~

~This day was going to be the hardest day for her to date.~

~As they got closer to the training grounds butterflies in her stomach. Two people she loved very much were about to fight each other....Yes she realized she did love Tib... but still hasn't said it to him...did he know? This was all new to her. She took a deep breath she had to stay calm for her dads sake.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:18

Artimus and Jade arrived a few moments before the due time. He was still wearing a shirt and his leather pants, with his boots. His rapier hung on his belt, along with a few daggers. He saw Tiberious standing there looking imposing, and smiled softly.

Ok Jade. Stay calm, and don't worry.

He knew she would be worried right away. Tiberious was build for war in his outfit, while Artimus looked like he was ready to take a casual stroll.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:20

~she looked at tib and her mouth dropped open a little. Oh gods. That is impressive. She bit her lower lip looking at him then the realization came up that her father was going up against him.~

~she pulled herself together. and took a deep breath~

Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:21

~He watched the man arrive, looking over at his choice of defence. Oh this was going to be too easy.~

"You didn’t bring any armour, did you? I’m sure we can find you something."

~He glanced back to his trainees.~

"You may have heard about this man here. Most of what you've heard is true. He is a coward and a traitor."

~His eyes flicked to Jade.~

"And the girl is here to try and distracte my eye." ~He was still addressing his squad.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:23

Artimus simply shook his head in repsonse to Tiberious' question.

I had plenty of time to get some. I choose not to.

He tried to ignore of jibes about being a coward and a traitor. Would a coward face an armoured behemoth like Tiberious?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:25

~she looked at tib and tilted her head alittle. She sighed alittle bit. That is right out in public.~

"Like my charms would work on someone like yourself who has women at every port."

~she stepped back and took another deep breath and took a seat out of the way.~
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:26

~Tiberious flicked his eyes back to Jade.~

"You would be surprised what catches my eye, Girl."

~His face then scowled as Artimus spoke. What was his game? His eyes turned to his squad who he noted were murmering to themselves, obviously thinking this was going to be a very quick fight. A man with no armour facing Tiberious?~

~Tiberious knew Artimus, he knew he would wear armour, so his refusal was part of a plan. He was ever the tricky one. Tiberious started to undo the strap holding the helmet in place.~

"I fight with honour, Morningstar. I will not fight a poorly equiped man."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime2010-10-07, 21:28

Artimus nodded to his nemesis.

Then you yield the fight already, Tiberious?

He mindlinked with Jade.
"Rice and boulders, Jade. Rice and Boulders."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To spar or not to spar...
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Grorr-
Jump to: