Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To spar or not to spar...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 03:45

Artimus was close enough to see the pair of them now. He could see Tiberious had his back to him, watching his trainees.

"YOUR terms? What have you traded?"

He walked a little faster to reach them, knowing Tiberious is unlikely to fight right away.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 03:50

"Yes my terms." ~she said as he walked up behind tib~

~she looked at them both~

"Now I have one more request to add to everything..."

~she looked at her father then over to tib~

"I know this will be until someone gives. And as promised I will stay out of it. But with connections the way they are... do not pay attention to what am doing. Am going to have control myself ALOT. "
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 03:56

~He turned to look at the man whose face he was going to smash, and stepped away. he turned back to Jade.~

"I agree. We both fight until one yields. The other one is free to leave in peace and without trouble. When I win, you agree to never set foot in this city without permission, I also get your horse, your boat, and.... Her."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:00

Artimus glanced at Jade, scowling at her. He had said....
He turned back to Tiberious.

I too agree, and if I win, I get YOUR horse and Mac's house in Salarain, as well as Louis off my back.

He looked back to Jade, giving her a "We'll talk about this later" look.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:04

~she was blushing a little and then cleared her throat.~

"Ok so I guess we need a time and place then." ~she glanced over her shoulder to the training guards again and then back to the two of them.~
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:06

~His pokerface broke and he gave a small hint of a smile.~

"Here. One hour from now."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:07

Artimus nodded to him.

And as the Challenged, I get to pick weapons?

That was the rule as it always had been.
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:09

~he simply nodded in agreement, then shouted a few words at his trainees.~

~He turned his attention back to them, his eyes lingering on Jade just a moment longer.~

"You can pick three weapons for us both to use. We both use the same three and no others."
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:12

~she raised an eyebrow~

"Three weapons?"

~she had caught tib looking at her and started blushing.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:14

He himself had been surprised at the three weapons bit. He turned to Tiberious.

In an hour then.

He turned to leave, looking at Jade, hoping she would come with him as he prepared himself.

Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:16

"An hour"
~he turned and walked back to the trainees, ignoring the pair of them as he went back to training.~
~He gave them their orders for the next hour, which involved a 5 mile run around the outside of the city, while he went to prepare himself for battle.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:22

~she nodded~

"well then one hour."

~she ran up to tib and stopped him after he had given orders. She looked at him and kissed him she knew he wouldn't do anything back being out like this but she had to kiss him.~
Back to top Go down
Tiberious Farstrider

Tiberious Farstrider

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:26

~He ws shocked by her actions - not easy for anyone to shock him, then pushed her away and looked back to the squad.~

"Tomorrow I'll teach how to deal with unwanted advances. It's the uniform. It gets them every time."

~Did he just make a joke with his squad? Damn girl making him look small in front of them. She'd pay for that. Oh yes.~
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:29

~she glared playfully~

"Yes its the uniform. So make sure you listen to him so you can get one too."

~she smiled and ran after her father.~

~she caught up with her father.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:34

Artimus walked back towards the tavern, head hung low. Was there any point in going on with the fight? She had clearly chosen when she ran to Tiberious instead of him. He looked at the pendant, and how Indis had asked to be alone for a while. He was losing everyone around him.

He had made a mistake coming back here. He should have stayed away. He still had time. He had an hour. He could get Azure and... He knew he couldn't make it to Cape Salarain in an hour, but he could get a good head start on it and get his boat prepped and leave before they had chance to stop him. He could be away and stop ruining other people's lives. Indis could have Leon, Jade could have Tiberious. And he? He'd go back to wandering the world. Seeking out new people and new civilizations. Going boldly where pretty much everyone else had been before.

All these thought ran through his head when he heard footsteps behind him. he glanced back and saw Jade running towards him, and his thought evaporated. The fight was still on.

I was just starting to think you werent coming He tried not to show any of his feelings.

Now, this thing about the three weapons... usually when someone challenges for a duel, the other person gets to pick the weapon. Usually both combatants use the same weapon, to make it fair. But it seems Tiberious doesn't trust my first choice, so he wants a choice of three. I know the first two choices, it's just the third weapon I need to think carefully about. What I need ideally is something I can use, which he can't, which will hinder him.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 04:39

~she smiled at him~

"I had to surprise him just to throw him off. I was planning on coming with you anyway."

~she looked at the ground~

"Dad I have a weird question.."

~she looked at him~

"Where you like that in front of other people with mom before. Acting like you didn't care or didn't want it but being different in private?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 05:08

He thought back to their early courting rituals.

With your mother, no. She's a very attractive lady, and I was happy to show her off. She was also a proven fighter. I was proud to be seen with her.

He paused a moment

Of course, there were times when I was on duty that i had to ignore her, and treat her with the respect she deserved. She was a Lady-in-Waiting when I knew her, and quite often we had to keep that relationship. Lady and servant.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 13:53

~she nodded~

"Yeah I get that. Duty always coming first."

~she looks at him~

"So what are you going to use for your third weapon?"

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 18:47

He nodded at her first statement, then the smile moved slightly off his face.

Never mind the third weapon. I'm more interested in why he seems to think I agreed to you being part of the bargain?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-05, 18:57

~she looked at him~

"Yeah...um.. that was my part I told him you didn't agree to that. But I figured that was my part my decision..so I told him that I can be part of it but...he can't stop me from seeing you. and he agreed."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 00:37

Artimus fell silent as she replied, thinking things through.

I still don't like it. He finally said. He paused again.

Right, tactics. I'm faster then he is, and more agile. I need to use that to my advantage. However he has more raw power then i have. One good strike can knock me off my stride, so I need to keep out of reach. It sounded more as if he was talking aloud rather than talking to her, then he took the pendant off from around his neck.

Here, you better look after this for now.

Oh yes he had to win. How would explain all the loses to Indis if he didn't?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 00:45

~she smiled softly~

"I know you don't like it. Am still surprised he said that."

~she thought about what he was saying~

"Him being more of a power house if you can stay on your toes. Do you know of any weakness of his?"

~she watched him as he pulled off the pendent.~

"I will keep her safe. I swear."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 07:23

Artimus shook his head.

None that I can remember. But being faster should help me.

He stared at Jade, moving the topic away from her relationship with him.

[color]cyan]Jade, I need you to do me a large favour during this fight. No matter what happens, I need you to stay calm. Please. It seems we can feel each others emotions, so if you start to get angry, I'll start to as well, which won't help me focus. So please, try and remain calm.[/color]

He almost felt naked without the pendant around his neck. Apart from th short time the day before when he didn't have it, he was never without it's weight around there.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 09:06

~she nodded~

"I know am going to do my best that is why I asked you two not to look forwards me cause I will be fighting with things. I will probably try to control my breathing. I swear I will do my best not to interfer with the match. I really will."

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-10-06, 20:18

He nodded to her, not replying verbally, clearly thinking. He closed his eyes, although he still appeared alert.

After a while he opened his eyes and looked at her.

I think I know what to use as the third choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To spar or not to spar...   To spar or not to spar... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To spar or not to spar...
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Grorr-
Jump to: