Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back to the Cave (Part 2)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 21:42

~she took the key carefully as she twisted her hands around trying to get the key to undo her left hand took her a few tries and almost dropping it..she thought " Don't drop it don't mess up keep it together. you can do this. Just a bit more. Got it..."

~she got one done and the second was easier with a free hand.~

"Got it." ~ she was proud she didn't drop it but she didn't want to show she was excited so she kept a straight face.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 21:46

He started to stand up.

Ok, have a bit more practice, I know you won't be getting the key if you ever get locked up for real, but get used to the action of the key in the lock.

He turned and moved back into the cave, stretching his legs for a moment as she practiced. He fumbled around with a few things on the ground, and came back with his sword belt on, the rapier and scabbard not attached.

He sat back down, watching his daughter.

Jade. Relax. he said in a warm voice.
You've passed the first test - you passed that days ago. No more stupid tasks for you now, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 21:54

~she locked eyes with him and nodded. As she kept doing it her fingers moving easier and easier the more she does it. Then she was getting it she fumbled the key and it fell. she swore under her breath and turned red. and she kept her head down and picked the key back up and started again.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 21:57

You getting the idea of it now? Next, try closing your eyes, or looking away when you do it. See if you can do it by touch alone.

He glanced over at Indis, to see how much attention she was paying to this exercise, and giving her a meaningful wink that he hoped Jade didn't see, or if she did that she wouldn't understand.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 22:14

~she nodded and closed her eyes at first she ran her fingers over each part getting a feel for it all then after a while she started to try to get the key in the right spot. She took a deep breath. she got close and she twisted her hand alittle more and found the keyhole. she pulled it out and did it four times before she unlocked it completely.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 22:17

~she kept moving her eyes from jade to art and smiled as he winked at her. She was biting her lower lip a little as she watched jade try and miss then eventually get it.~

~she mouthed to art~ "I love you My captain." ~while jades eyes where closed. she then smiled and went back to watching jade then to him.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 22:22

He saw his wife mouth the words, then turned his attention back to Jade. She was trying hard and he was impressed how well she was doing. Once she did it a few more times he stopped her.

Right, now for the next stage. Escaping from them when your captor hasn't bothered to leave you a key. He held his hands out again for her to put the manacles on him, his palms open and upturned, to show he wasn't hiding anything this time.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 22:42

~she took the manacles and locked them on his hands and watched him closely.~

~she handed her mother the key~

"Safe keeping."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 22:47

Once again he twisted his wrists in the manacles, checking for snugness.

It's often worth checking they have been done up correctly. Sometimes sloppiness on the part of your captor can cause them to be opened easily. You of course haven't done anything of the sort, so now I have to resort to other means....

He stopped twisting and sat, thinking for a moment.

Now, you remember what I told you earlier about always being prepared....

He reached down to his sword belt, removing a small piece of wire from the stitching. He then started to pick the lock on one of the left hand manacle.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 23:10

~she watched him closely seeing him pull that piece wire from his belt she grins and watches how he picks the locks she gets really close but doesn't block his view.~

"So one should be ready for anything."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-07, 23:23

He looks at her, nods and smiles.

Yes. Now, see the way this works. Inside the lock is a set of small tumblers. The key usually moves these tumblers into the correct position to let the manacle open. All I need to do is use the wire to move each tumbler into place and then...

There was a small click, and the manacle opened.

He looked at her again and smiled, waiting until she looked at him, then grabbed her wrist and snapped the open manacle around it.
He kept the wire in his own hand.

Now, lets see you get out of this one.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-10, 11:33

~she watches him closely as she hears the tumblers and the click and it open she jumps alittle as he put the one manacle on her. She looked at him and then thought. she leaned over trying to get her bag. then had to use her foot and grabbed the bag. with her free hand found a wire hair pin. she bent it some by putting it in her mouth. she then placed it inside the lock. wiggled it around she kept wiggling it around and heard a tumbler and she wiggled it again and heard the next one and got the last one as the lock opened.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-10, 18:11

He watched her carefully, making no movement to help or hinder her, just watching. A smile started on his face as he heard the first, then second tumblers click into place, then finally it broke into a large smile as she got the third and opened it up.

His pride swelled for her.
Well done Jade. He unlocked his own wrist, being careful as he had to do it left handed, then put the manacles down between them, and glanced at his wife.

Keep practising with them. While I've got you both here, maybe I should tell you a little about my father, your Grandfather.
He had realised a few days ago that he'd never told Indis, let alone Jade, about his past, and now was as good a time as any to do so.

He watched as Jade continued to practise picking the lock, and started to tell his story.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-10, 18:22

"Jebadih Montoya was a blacksmith, from a long and proud family of blacksmiths. His father had swung the hammer, as had his father, and his father's father.
He lived in a small village, not far from a large town near the foot of some mountains. This wasn't on Aegis, of course. Adventurers looking to make a name for themselves were always passing through, and he made equipment which he sold to a merchant in the town. He made good money on the items he made, which made him happy.

He was married and business was good. He was well respected, his natural instinct being how to shape metal into various things.
Life was very good for him. However what it lacked, was a son to pass on the family business.
That all changed one day, when his wife told him a healer in the village told her she was pregnant. He was delighted.
He continued to work hard, making enough money to keep his wife and soon-to-be-born baby in good health.
Many months after she had announced her pregnancy, his wife became ill. Jebadih took his wife to the healer, who told him there was a problem with the baby. He was on his way, but hadn't turned around.
The healer did her best, and the baby was born, but the effort killed his wife.

The healer raised the young baby until he was old enough to be returned to his rightful father, but Jebadih wanted nothing to do with the boy.
He abused the young boy, who he named "Abdiel". He treated the boy as little more than a slave, making him fetch things, and worked him all day long.
When he was 8 Abdiel ran away. He had no education, and knew nothing about the world outside of his life at the forge.

He arrived at the docks, which must have scared the young boy. He was taken aboard a large ship to be a cabin boy for the navigator. Abdiel said his name was Abraham. As time passed the navigator - a man named Archibald Drayon - became attached to his young cabin boy, who had had discipline drummed into him and never stopped doing a task until it was done. He worked all day long, far exceeding whatever expectations the man had set. He could see the boy was simple, but suspected there was more behind those piercing blue eyes.

He (the navigator) spoke to the Captain of the ship, a man named Moran Dayspring, and asked if he could teach this young child.
Abraham was like a sponge for knowledge, soaking up everything the navigator could teach him about sailing. Other officers on the ship took a liking to this hardworking and honest boy, also teaching them what they knew.

As the ship docked at various ports, the boy went off to learn about the places they visited, always returning to the ship.
As the crew changed, the boy stayed with the core three officers; Captain Daypsring, the first officer and the Navigator.
When he was 13, he was promoted unofficially by Captain Dayspring, to be a commissioned officer and placed in charge of the deckhands. He was asked his surname - no one had ever asked him before - and he chose an exotic sounding name. Morningstar.

The deckhands were far older than him, and resented being told what to do by a young child.
The first few months at sea were the worst as the deckhands rebelled against him. Abraham did much of the work on his own, never complaining to anyone that the deckhands were ignoring him. As the months past they realised he hadn't reported them and they began to respect him. They started listening to him once they realised he was going to do as much work as they did.

Despite his young age, he was trained in using various weapons. The main crew constantly changed from port to port, and Abraham learnt a large variety of fighting styles from all over the world.

When he was 15 they stopped for a few days at a port, and Abraham met a young girl named Lizbeth. She was around the same age as him. He knew he would have to leave in only a few days, but he was smitten with her.
He did return to the ship, confiding in the Captain about what had happened. This was first foray into the world of love and growing up, and he was confused.
The captain taught him things not covered in normal training, taking him to another port, and paying for someone to complete his education.
He came back to the ship as a man. 18 months later the Captain made sure they went back to the original port, and Abraham went to find the girl.
She was still there, and still single.
Captain Dayspring was adamant however that no civilian women were allowed on the ship. Abraham hired the girl as his cabin "boy", which the Captain couldn't argue with.

He ensured her presence never interfered with his work - by this time he was well on his way up the ladder of command, his duties now included ensuring the smooth running of almost of the ship. He was in essence the first officer of the first officer.

When Abraham was 18 Captain Dayspring performed a marriage ceremony on the pair.

Captain Daypring called Abraham and his first officer into his office one day, and informed them that he had tendered his intention to retire. When the ship returned to home port he would be disembarking, and had recommended the first officer be promoted to Captain, and that Abraham Morningstar to be promoted to First Officer.

Abraham was happy, happier than he could ever hope to be. He would become the youngest ever first officer.

The crew were happy for the pair when the news broke, congratulating them and when they reached the home port, they all disembarked to celebrate.
Lizbeth Morningstar didn't join in the revelling, and Abraham went to her, and she announced she was pregnant.
He knew she couldn't go on the next voyage with him in that state, and he didn't wish to be apart from her, so faced a decision.

He told her he would resign and stay with her.

She told him not to be stupid and that he would NOT be doing that.

He went back to sea on the ship, as war broke out between his home nation and a rival. His ship was called into battle, and during one battle, the Captain was killed. Abraham instantly took command of the situation and ordered a very unorthodox manoeuvre, which worked and destroyed the ship, despite it outgunning and out manning his ship.

He used this same method to destroy 3 more enemy ships, with word of this one ship reaching the enemy, causing fear whenever they saw it approaching.

Abraham had a special flag made, which he would raise to increase the fear, causing several more enemy ships to flee as they saw him approaching.

When they returned home, he was awarded several commendations, along with the rest of his crew, and given full command of the ship. One of his commendations was a special rapier sword, which he always wore with him on deck of the ship.

He went home to find Lizbeth, and discovered she had lost the baby. The stress of war had caused it.

They consoled each other, and it kept them strong.

He had to return to the seas, and this time took her with him again.

For 5 more years he was master of the vessel, enjoying the wind in his face.

His ship returned to home port early; Lizbeth had fall pregnant once again and this time he had no intention of leaving her this time. He went to his see superiors and told them of his intention not to return. They offered him a land-based promotion, which he accepted, and together he and Lizbeth managed to give birth to a healthy baby boy.
Abraham wanted to name the child after the first person who had shown his respect, Archibald, but Lizbeth wanted to name him after her father, Shamus. The child was therefore named "Archibald-Shamus Morningstar."

A few years passed, and Abraham was itching to return to the waves. He resigned his commission. He was 31 years old now, and the youngest man to ever reach this rank. High Command accepted his resignation, and he used part of his amassed fortune to purchase a large boat, and he and Lizbeth sold their home and headed out back on the waves once again, with Archibald-Shamus in their arms.

They sailed from shore to shore, buying and selling at various ports. Archibald was learning to walk and speak, and was unable to say his name - he kept saying "Archimus", so they nicknamed him that.

Eventually they reached this strange and mysterious island...

Abraham struck up a friendship with a merchant who lived in the port town of Cape Salarain. MacKinley Farstrider was involved in the import/export business, but his business was dependant on other ships. He and Abraham devised a partnership, where MacKinly could remain on the island and organise items, with Abraham doing the journeying and handling of goods.

This partnership lasted for several years, with Abraham and MacKinly both making good money. Archimus had now taken the name of Artimus, and yes, that child is me. Me and Mum travelled with Dad, with him teaching me how to sail once I was old enough. He also taught me to fight, showing me all the moves he knew. He was the one who told me part of this story. He told me about his abusive father, and how he joined the navy to escape, but he never told me much about what he did.

Dad sold his small boat and purchased a larger vessel, which required 2 men to handle. I knew enough about sailing at this point, despite only being about 8 years old. Ironically, I was about the same age he was when he started.
One day we were approached by pirates. Despite my young age, I had a plan, which I told to Dad as the pirates closed on us. It was sneaky, and involved tricking the pirates - I forget the full details. Anyway, the plan worked and the pirates left empty handed. He gave me a nickname that day, one which i have adopted into my own name.

A few years later MacKinly had arranged a very lucrative shipment far out across a stretch of sea well known for rough storms. Dad took the offer, but wanted me to stay behind for this one. He told me he needed someone slightly stronger. He hired a man in Salarain, and then left along with Mum. I was 10 at the time, and it was the last time I would ever see them. Before he left, he handed me his rapier sword, telling me to look after it, because he would be back in a short time to take it back.

MacKinly offered to look after me while they were gone, and I stayed in his spare room. He and his wife had a very nice house in the more up market area of Salarain, along with their two sons and their servant. Mrs. farstrider was expecting another child very soon. The boys were twins. Ellis Macinson and Tiberious James.
They were a couple of years older than me, and just about tolerated me being there, but as time passed, I could tell something wasn't right. Mackinly didn't say anything to me, but I knew they should have returned by now. Every day I'd go and sit on the dockside for hours, watching, waiting. It was the servant who told me one day that it was suspected the ship had run into trouble. Apparently my father never made it to his destination.

I knew I couldn't stay with the Farstriders for ever, so I left one night. I had few belongings, but I took the things dear to me and headed inland.
I'd never spent so much time on land before, but fortunatly Dad had taught me how to hunt for my own food, and Mum had taught me how to prepare any kills and cook them.
It took me about 3 days to journey to Draco, the first city I reached. I found the Library and spent many an hour there reading all i could on a variety of subjects. I left once they began to suspect me of being an orphan.
I journyed next to Grorr. I lived rough for many months, watching the troops train and wishing I could be with them. The practise moves they made seemed so easy to me.
One day I spotted something, while sitting watching the sparring. I went over to the training ground just as the troops were finishing for day and spoke to the head trainer there, telling him what I saw. He slapped me and called me insolent and sent me packing. I went and fetched Dad's rapier and returned, drawing it in front of him to challenge him. He laughed and told me to stop being silly. I refused, so he drew his own sword.
We fought, and while I didn't exactly win, I didn't lose either. Afterwards he told me I had an unusual fighting style, and he'd like to know more. I laughed and called HIM insolent and walked away.

Three days later he sent me an apology letter, and an application to attend basic training.
I was still only 10, far too young to join the guard programme, but I accepted anyway. The trainer made a special exception for me, and despite my smaller size, I bested everyone in my class.
I was also teaching the trainer! He wanted to know about my techniques, so I taught him. He then started to incorporate these moves into his training regime. I was very proud of myself.
Due to my age, I wasn’t able to graduate with the rest of my class, who then went on to be town guards and start the ladder of promotion. Instead I had to re-do the training once again, this time with a new group of people.
I started to get bored. I knew what was happening; I wanted to get out there and do something.
By my third time round the training regime I was thoroughly annoyed. I had bestest everyone in the class once again, and was now almost capable of beating the trainer. I realized I wasn’t learning anything new, so I left.

I went back to living rough on the streets until the General of the Realm came to visit me. He explained why I had to stay in training, and I explained why I had left. He offered to take me to Meriddia and live with the Royal Guards for a while.
I accepted and was taken there in a carriage! It was very exciting at the time.

I was still only 11 or 12 years old at this time, but the Royal Guards took me under their wing and taught me a few things I shouldn’t know. I stayed with them for a few years, watching and training with them.

When I was 14 I heard a story about the latest batch of recruits over in Grorr, that there was a new guy who was bettering my scores. I headed out on the next run to Grorr to see, and found my old friend Ellias Farstrider, who was now calling himself Mac.
Mac and his twin brother had both been amazed to find my name on the record sheets – they had no idea where I had gone. I told them I was now living with the Royal Guards, and I could see the look of jealously on their faces. The other recruits all anted to have a shot at me, this know-it all kid who clearly thought he was better than them.
I dueled with each person in turn, beating all but Tiberious and Mac, who we eventually called a draw.
It was around this time that I started to fight with my left hand, to prolong the spars.

Anyway, once I was old enough I could officially join the ranks, and I was instantly placed in the Elite Guard squad. One of my first official deployments was as part of the personal bodyguards to Duchess Firebrand, in – ironically enough – Draco.
I moved into the city and was part of a 10 man squad. In my off time I was either training, resting or in the library reading.

After a while we were pulled out of Draco and sent to Cape Salarain, to bolster the town guard there.
It was while I was there that I was due to celebrate my 16th birthday. Mac and Tiberious came to see me, along with a few of their friends from the guards. They took me out for the night around the taverns, then paid for me to spend the night with.. someone. I didn’t know it at the time, but it was similar circumstances to my father.

After some time spent in Salarain, me and 2 others were offered to take the initiation for being Royal Guards.
We all jumped at the chance, and were promoted. I was 17 and the youngest ever, yet another thing I have in common with my father.

And so it was that became a Royal Guard, however my run on promotions started to dry up. I progressed slower than I had been, until that fateful day when my quick thinking averted national disaster, and the Queen finally saw me for what I am, and promoted me herself, putting me in charge of the other Royal Guards.

On my recent trip away, I was able to track down the port my Father used to sail from. There is a portrait of him on the wall in the office there – “The Youngest Captain” it’s called. It was there that I learnt much of this story; about his early life as a cabin boy, his progression through the ranks. They have a book with this story written down, and the flag he used to hoist.
It’s amazing that he never told me that part of his life story, almost as if he didn’t want me trying to follow in his footsteps or something."
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 02:25

~continues to try the manacles but mid story stops and listens intently to her fathers story. She watched him in awe as she imagined all of it. she chuckled in spot and smiled. Then she started to think..."He did so much when he was so young... and what have I done..a failed attempt at the guards can't seem to get a handle on my elemental abilities.. and it seems to be that trouble finds me." ~she sighed alittle.. feeling a little like a failure. and she went to work on the manacles again.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 02:29

~she smiled as she listen to her love tell his history. She had always wondered about it. She had heard stories but it was nice to hear it from him.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 02:58

He finished his story, looking at their reactions. He hadn't been bragging, just telling them both how it was. He could see Indis smiling at him, but Jade had had a frown on her face for a while now.

Jade? What's wrong? He hoped he wasn't embarrassing her with all this talk of doing things so young.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 03:05

~she looked up from the manacles trying not to really make eye contact.~

"It... just..." ~she looked back at the manacles and sighs.~

"its just you did so much... at such a young age...and your dad did too..." ~she still messes with the locks~

~she sighs loudly~ " And what have I done...a failed attempt at the guards... I can't get my elemental abilities under control... and no matter what it seems trouble finds me." ~she was frustrated. she took the manacles off tossed them to the side. and got up and walked to the edge of the camp.~
Back to top Go down
Indis Morningstar

Indis Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 03:11

~she glanced between art and jade not sure what to say maybe she did the wrong thing by not teaching her more soon. But she had wanted to keep Jade out of trouble as long as possible. In doing that did she cause issues. She was her little girl and wanted her safe... she didn't want her to have a rough time like she did. she glanced to art not sure what she could do for jade she felt guilty.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 03:18

He watched her get up and walk away, then looked at Indis, mouth open, but not speaking. This was why he never wanted to be a father.

I'll.. I better go talk to her. He got up and started walking over towards her.

Jade, I don't think you're a failure. And I only did those things because I had to. If I had a chance of trading it all in to have my parents back, I would do. We've got time to make up for the time we lost together, something I never had. And I want to make it up to you.

He went to put his arm around her.

No matter what you do, I'll love you.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 03:35

~she looked at her dad. ~

"I know dad. Just mom kept me out of fighting for as long as she could. I was always begging her to teach me when she would come visit. And don't get me wrong I am glad that I have a chance to do things with you. But what if she would have done it when I asked. Maybe I wouldn't have left the guards. Then having to not tell them I was your daughter when they would talk about you. Having to hold back as to not draw attention to myself. Then when my abilities started to show. I was lost. I figured most of it out. But If mom had been around I could have learned from her. But she was gone at the time. I hate that I have to hide who I really am. I understand the reasons I just hated it. "

~she glanced back to indy and then looked at her dad she was proud that she was his daughter and after hearing his story and the family stories it made her proud yet disappointed in herself. She knew she could have done better but it was more of staying under the radar.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 03:41

He listened to her, nodding in response to what she was saying.

I know you had to hide your ability, but I promise you I'll work with you on it. We'll turn you into one-woman force that can take on the whole island.
And as for who you are, I want to shout it from the rooftops that you are mine. I've got nothing but pride in you for who you are. Your mother did well to raise you. Just promise me you won't leave.

That was perhaps his biggest fear, that he'd finally do something in the training to push her away from him forever. He'd heard stories of people who had ignored their parents for years, not speaking. He himself had never experienced it, but he felt sure a part of him would die if she did it to him.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 03:50

~she broke a smile as he said turning her into a one woman force.~

~she looked at her dad as he said that he had pride in her she smiled and what is that.. Really Jade are you starting to cry.~

"I am not going anywhere. No matter what you do or drive me crazy. You are now stuck with me dad."

~she sniffled alittle and wiped a tear away.~

" I need a drink." ~she chuckled.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 11:35

He saw the tear in her eye, and was about to mention it, but thought better of it. He guessed she wouldn't want him to notice it.

When I'm training you, I'll push you hard. I want you to experience the very worst so you will be prepared properly. But I also want you to act in instinct, on feelings. If something sounds too stupid, or hard to understand, I want you to question it. Just like you did wth the pointless excercises I set you.
However when we're not in training, I will need you to follow my orders without question. Sometimes things may seem odd, but I will never knowingly put you in danger. As long as I have your trust, then I know in those situations we can over come anything.

He gave her a hug, nothing too hard due to not putting pressure on his left arm.

Now, there should still be some bottles of that whiskey in the cave. We can carry on training tomorrow. For today, we can drink. He smiled at her. God knew he could use a drink right now.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2010-09-11, 12:06

~she nodded and smiled that famous smile of theres.~

"Dad I will do all I can. And I trust you completely. Cause I know you wouldn't knowingly put in danger. Yes a drink would be good."

~she watched as her dad went into the cave to get the last bottle of whiskey Jade moved over to where her mother was. and smiles. As she starts a fire. grabbing small pieces of wood and tinder and getting a flint to start it. with a few clicks she had the fire started. Her mom watched her.~

"Yes everything is fine." ~she smiled softly~

~she moved her hand to the flame a grabbed alittle. as she sat back and moved it around her hand and just stared at it. Then put it out. As she saw her father coming back with the bottle. Her mother had been watching her the whole time.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to the Cave (Part 2)   Back to the Cave (Part 2) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to the Cave (Part 2)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next