Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Talk in the Snow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin
Angel

A Talk in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: A Talk in the Snow   A Talk in the Snow Icon_minitime2010-08-19, 23:40

Angel
*Angel had sent advisors away, yet Catona wouldn't be too far off. She had been training with a regular sword in the courtyard as the snow filtered down, then decided that she was fed up with it already. Today, she wore light chainmail over her Auroran tunic, yet she still looked different - her hair was cut shorter, shoulder length. She had sent for Kinsen, and now she was beginning to wonder where he was. Not that he was late, she was simply being impatient.*

Kinsen says:
=steps softly into the courtyard, moving with a grace that comes only witrh years of practice, his movement in contrast to his size. he smiles at Angel, raising a hand in salute. he is dressed in his near constant state of breastplate, greaves, and gorget over scale, sword over his shoulder under the snow-white cloak, mace and dagger on his hips. he approaches, glancing over Angel with a nod.
"My Queen you look very...Auroran today." his tone is playful and quiet, slightly teasing, but with a serious undercurrent.

Angel says:
She approached him with a walk of straight confidence, a small smile pursing her lips at his comment. "Admiral." With a nod, she walked past him and pushed the sword carelessly in the snow, turning around to face him. Colder blue eyes matched his own look as she tilted her head up. "SoulReaver is not with us..someone has stolen the sword - we go to war."

Kinsen says:
=Kinsen nods slowly, as if the news does not surprise him. his left hand curls into a light fist and opens again, the fingers flexing. "The Baron, I presume?"=

Angel says:
"Of course. Who else would dare?" Perhaps there were plenty that would, but she doubted it. "This can only mean one thing...that the god awful demon will be back..we hope to stop it before that happens." Some snow flakes fluttered down across her face and she brushed them off quickly, not paying them much heed.*

Kinsen says:
=Kinsen nods again, his eyes a dangerous silverblack now, the crescent on his cheek a roiling blood red. his hand comes to rest lightly on the flanged mace at his hip and he locks eyes with Angel. "So then it will be war. Aye, and the demon too." his voice is soft iron, low and cold and hard. he sighs softly, but his posture speaks only of resolution. "When is the council to be called?"

Angel says:
She nodded in sympathy, it wasn't news she wanted to tell him. Her tone softened mildly. "The council? They convene within the hour. Jaric has called the troops to arms and you shall all leave within 8 hours. It'll be some time before you all return, no doubt. I am to stay here, not that I want to."

Kinsen says:
he ofers her the cold smile of an auroran warrior, the transition to a soldier almost instantaneous. he adjusts his stance slightly and nods cooly. "I suppose The King will be calling for me soon as well then." he glacnes around, as if expecting the messenger to be beside him. he nods again. "the worth of constantly preparing for war is the ease of assembly. we'll have started marching before the enemy is even aware of the war if all goes well."

Angel says:
She rested her hands behind her back. His cold smile almost caught a shiver down her back, yet she didn't openly react to it. "I..find the idea too brutal, but what choice is there? None. What must be done, has to be done." After a small thoughtful pause she spoke again. Her tone was formal and her eyes remained steady "Yes...the King will need you. I wish you well, dear friend."

Kinsen says:
=Kinsen nods in agreement. "But if it must be done, then let us destroy the evil. good men. honest men, on both sides will bleed and die. but that is nothing compared to what we seek to destroy. there are no small losses, only great losses we must suffer for the sake of the greater good." he smiles slightly, brushing a few stray starnds of black hair from his face. "And I you, my Queen, although I envy your shield a bit more than my own." he grins, speaking of course of catona=

Angel says:
"I'm sentimental, as I've always been. Aegis was my homeland and I see that the land cannot help who rules it. I have petitioned to Jaric to find a suitiable way to take the realm without too much interference to the peasents themselves - of course, I know I'm wishful thinking. He has already pointed out that such an ideal would not be possible. I am a fool, trying to avoid the inevitable."She caught his smile and jest about Catona, and her blue eyes brightened briefly. "Ah yes, be envious..just come back alive." With this, she gathered some snow and pucked the small ball at him, rather immaturely.

Kinsen says:
=Kinsen chuckles, shaking his head. "Not a fool, a coscientious queen. they are your people as much as the aurorans are, in a different context." as the snowball hits his breastplate he looks down with a smirk, and back up. "Such an action hardly befits the queen of Aurora" he chuckles and kneels to scoop his own ball of snow, watching her. "However, if you insist..." he stays there a moment longer, eyes locked, and with a sudden snap of his arm sends his own ball of snow at her stomach=

Angel says:
She was already making up her next snowball as he spoke so business like of a conscientious Queen. "Mmm, a good point. I was wondering if it was a weakness, I can't help but care." Shaping the snow in the cusp of her hands she attempted a dodge of his, and threw her own aimlessly. "Do you presume to tell the Queen what to do, Admiral?" yet, her words were said through light laughter, a gasp as his hit her side, as she twisted her body in defence.

Kinsen says:
"I presume nothing my queen. merely seek understanding." he grins, dusting the snow from his breastplate as he stands

Angel says:
She brushed off the snow from herself, still smiling. "Seek understanding? You certainly have always had a way with words. I can tell you've been around Jaric too long." She laughed again at this and tucked some of her hair behind her ear. It was somewhat easier to manage now. "May this storm pass quickly so that we can move forward to better things. " A cool breeze whispered past, causing Angel to remember she was mortal and cold, after all. Gesturing him to follow her as she walked, Angel figured that might help for warmth. "I fear how long this might take, Jaric will be relentless. Worse still, I fear he doesn't return but Vladamir will."
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

A Talk in the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Talk in the Snow   A Talk in the Snow Icon_minitime2010-10-10, 00:42

(( A messenger appears from the main hall, dressed in full armor, a sword swinging against his hip. He stops short of the pair, going from a quick dash to full attention in less than a second. He snaps a smart salute.}}

The Dragon Lord commands Lord Ravenlocke's presence in the war room, and requests the Queen join him there at her earliest oppurtunity.
Back to top Go down

A Talk in the Snow
Page 1 of 1