Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The War Room

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin
Angel

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-06-24, 16:27

*Angel stood firm and straight as she studied the maps and layouts on the board. Occassionally she'd move some troop blocks forward, then have an after thought and move them back. Sitting herelf down in a nearby chair to think, she stared at nothing. After thirty minutes of peace had past, she glanced upwards and looked for Catona whom she assumed would be standing guard near the door.*

"Catona, your advice please. See, should the worst happen and we need to wage war with Aegis, no doubt the Aegians form of defence would be by air, since they cannot so easily strike our blessed Icehold ground. Do you think the archers would be sufficent enough or do you think we should counter-act with air defence animals also? Does Aurora even have any of those?"

*She walked to the door and opened it, notifying to send for Jaric when he is not busy. Shutting the door, she paused and thought.*

"I hope it doesn't come to this, but naturally we have to be prepared for all cirucumstances. When dealing with the Baron I do not wish to be caught off-guard."
Back to top Go down
Lord Jaric Carthallion

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-06-25, 20:10

{{ enters the room in front of the servant, not waiting to be announced. He stops at the edge of the map opposite Angel, looking at her troop placements in silence}}

We are at war, or are we simply partaking in a mental exercise to stay ready?
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-06-25, 20:22

*Angel glanced up as Jaric entered.*

"We are making preparations and remain on standby at all times until I decide otherwise. If there is any other possible way to do this, I'd rather take it than risk the lives of so many. This may mean deliberations with Vladamir."
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-06-25, 20:35

{{ nods}}

A diplomatic approach would be best to start, though be aware that he will attempt to play off your sympathies to work the dealings to his favor. You must make him beleive you are as hard as Winter's heart. And always remember that he is a master of deception, so making him beleive it will be no easy feat.

{{ moves an Aegean troop block on the map, arranging them as he speaks to place them in positions that would make more tactical sense were he running the defense}}

Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-06-25, 23:17

*Angel took in Jaric's advice with a sharp nod of consideration.*

"The Baron will attempt to take advantage of me if I go alone, you know he won't take me in the least bit serious."

*She stood up to observe where he had moved the pieces to which raised the smallest of impressed smiles.*

"Hmm...wish I'd have thought of that. How many troops would you deem sufficient for this campaign? I am trying to work it out but I am unsure of how to do this. I suppose we could take more than we need, but I do not want to be defenseless here at Icehold."

*Stepping back to look up to Jaric, she cocked her head mildly to one side and granted him one of her usual warm smiles.*

"Come with me for a diplomatic discussion with the Baron - you will not have to say a word, I assure you."
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-07-01, 00:07

{{ looks the map over carefully}}

Leave five hundred men in the citadel, it should be sufficient since the Aegean ships can not land on the beach. Should they attempt to do so, rain death on them from the walls.

{{ shakes his head}}

No, you will take your honor guard. My presence would indicate that I had no faith in your abilities and only cause more distress for you during the campaign. He will use it to make the men question your abilities, regardless of your actions in the feild.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-07-01, 00:37

"Very well, then that is how it should be. I'll go alone. I'll send a letter ahead to notify him that I'm coming."

*She found a seat and paused briefly whilst she thought. After several moments had passed Angel looked up at Jaric.*

"Jaric, my dreams have not ceased. I cannot settle like this."
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-07-16, 23:30

{{ frowns, shaking his head}}

Follow me. We will put your fears to rest once and for all. I will show you that the demon is secured.

{{ holds his hadn out to her}}
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-07-16, 23:41

*No sooner than he had said it, she stood up and was next to him*

"Please do..If its the only way I can get some sleep then so be it, I'm done with the matter."

*Her arm tucked within his as she followed him*
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-07-16, 23:49

{{ He leads her through the twisting corridors of the fortress and deep into the vaults of the chaple. He heds down past the crypts and to a massive set of iron doors. He stands to one side, pushing the doors open he gestures to the inside of the room}}

There lies the blade, secure here in the fortress, away from its cult. You need not fear the beast again.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-07-17, 00:00

*Angel followed sharply next to Jaric, attempting to keep up with his footsteps as he lead her down the winding corridors. She glanced behind her to see if Kinsen and Catona were behind. No matter, her blue eyes focused on the matter at hand.*

"Thank you for doing this..."

*She began to utter as she stepped into the big room of the stone walled crypt. Her eyes scanned across to the stone alter where the sword SHOULD have been. She gasped as it caught in her throat, her eyes averting across the room desperately, panic swelling. She pushed those emotions to one side, as she just stood there, wondering where it had gone..who would have taken the sword?*
Back to top Go down
Jaric Carthallion

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime2010-08-05, 23:37

{{ Watches as her expression goes from one of relative calm to one of near panic. He turns and looks into the room, his eyes locking instantly on what is not there, the demon sword SoulReaver. His eyes narrow as he glares at the empty bracket, the temperature in the room dropping by several degrees as he spins on his heel and heads back the way they came, his hand clutching the hilt of AngelFire.}}

Angel, summon our captains to the war room and order full mobilization immediately. We leave before dawn.

{{ his voice remains flat, though his tone could freeze the sun.}}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The War Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War Room   The War Room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The War Room
Page 1 of 1