Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Auroran Plans

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin
Angel

Auroran Plans Empty
PostSubject: Auroran Plans   Auroran Plans Icon_minitime2010-05-30, 23:40

Angel says:
*Angel was standing over the models in the war room, her hand resting on her chin as her brow furrowed in concentration. He blue, sharpr eyes scanned over it all, and quietly she exhaled. Her blonde hair hung loose, and some strands fell carelessly past her face. One hand moved up to sweep away the annoyance.*

Lord Carthallion says:
{{ Jaric watches quietly from the doorway, one eyebrow raised}} Staring at them does not make them move on their own no matter how long you do it for.

Angel says:
*His voice rang out against the silence and interupted her thoughts. Eyes glancing up towards the doorway, she decided to be blunt with her plans.* I want to take down the Dracolich and I'm thinking of the best way to do so.

Lord Carthallion says:
{{ frowns}} Let the Aegians deal with their own issues...

Angel says:
Its nothing to do with them. I have continued to have bad dreams about SoulReaver and the undead Dragon. I want it gone...consider it a family matter.

Lord Carthallion says:
Why was I not informed of these dreams beofre now?

Angel says:
Why should I concern you with it, my husband? You have your own military affairs to consider before our move home.

Lord Carthallion says:
Because such dreams are often warnings my dear, My concern is for the entirety of the realm, not just for our military.

Angel says:
*She nodded and then sat down on the nearest chair.* I thought it was just memories of the past and our battles...but now they have turned into something far more vivid and nasty. *Her eyes cast from the floor, up to meet his own.* I can't go on with these dreams, I'll never rest like this. I see SoulReaver as if he'd never left, and Chaaran...its as if they are one. Please Jaric, I want them gone
< for good.

Lord Carthallion says:
{{ nods}} I understand all too well. I have seen the deaths of my brothers every night I close my eyes since their birth, it is a burden one should never have to carry alone. As for ending it, if you are intent on destroying the beast, you will need to begin with Aegis.

Angel says:
*She listened sympathetically of him talk of his brothers and nodded slowly.* It must have been difficult for you....I...look at Kinsen, and I feel responsible for his death even if he'd never think so himself. I was there...my fighting was not as advanced, I couldn't keep up. I'm amazed I survived at all...and yes, I blame myself. I'm trying to learn from the past with all my heart, but how can>
< I move forward when I am constantly reminded in my sleep? The whole thing has been giving me headaches. *Angel rose back up from her chair and stood looking over the landscape of the models.* I have to take Aegis? Why?

Lord Carthallion says:
The island of Aegis is the perfect place for the beast to hide from you as long as the hunter must ask permission to seek his prey. In order to track the beast, you need the permission of the Baron. It may be an easier task for you to simply procure the throne instead. Certainly less costly.

Angel says:
The idea of her taking the throne of her homeland caused a frown as she glanced from Jaric to the board, trying to figure in her own head the statistics of it all. "Is that possible??" Jaric had made it sound easy, which she felt was mildly unsettling since to her, it wouldn't be.

Lord Carthallion says:
{{ nods as he crosses the room, moving the markers on the massive three dimensional map to represent the troops of the land}} The Baron is a brillaint businessman, but he is not a general, this is an advantage. He must rely on his servants. I do not think the Wyrmslayer will be so quick to help him since to lose to our men is death. He will be abandoned to his own devices quickly.

Angel says:
*She cleared her throat and thought on this idea.What he was saying was most practical. * "But if we dispatched some troops from here..." she pointed from the south where Icehold sat "They would have to march up, and Vladamir would see us coming. Its what he'd expect from us."

Angel says:
We don;t send them from here North, we send them here...{{ moves a marker for a division of Dragon Knights to the small island of Del Fuaco}}..where we will stage a preliminary strike point. Meanwhile, as you prepare your troops here for an extended war, you allow a slow trickle to move north to our contingents around Khemera, readying a direct strike from there into the Kaye Pass to secure any <c
c> chance of a counter strike, using the rest fo our force to mop up the Thunderlands and the desert. Once the south is secured and our island readied, the Norhter points are easily attacked

Angel says:
It took a good few moments before she would answer him, because her eyes followed the board as he spoke and in her mind Angel tried to find flaws in his ideas but she couldn't see any. Realizing this, she had to ask one more question. "Just how much death is this likely to cause? I can't afford to put the people through more trauma just because of my sleep issues."'

Lord Carthallion says:
Should the BAron stand and defend you can be certain that the death toll will be high on both sides, though the Baron will strike civilians intentionally, attempting to break the will of the people to fight
He will also not hesitate to make assaults on his own people in disguise, to incite rage toward our men from the comon populace. If you war with Vladamir, you will have no freinds in Aegis, and you will receive no quarter.

Angel says:
Angel moved around the board so that she was standing on the Aegis side and once again she stared at it with utmost concentration. "How can we make him more agreeable to our cause? I have heard how bribable he is."

Lord Carthallion says:
{{ frowns leaning over the board}} Our strenght is our force fo men. It is possible that we could force his hand with our early moves...begin by taking the island. In the mean time you will need to send a party out to locate this beast and recon its location, so when you are secure, your forces may strike at will. And you will need a sizable force to kill the creature.

Angel says:
Angel looked at the position of the troops and nodded at Jaric's advice. "I see. Do you need any of these numbers for your campaign in Aurora or would you care to stay longer to support my take-over." She wasn't overly sure she wanted to commit to it. "If I do decide to go ahead, naturally." Then, with pause, she added. "I want to go with the samell party, if SoulReaver is part of Chaaran, it'll >
< come to me. Its not as if it can resist."

Lord Carthallion says:
A dead queen is no use to her people. If you are killed fighting this beast, and rest assured that any small group that should try is doomed, then we will lose this territory, since I will be taking my leave to Aurora, the forces you will need will not be needed in our actions there. Not since we have mobilized the orphan militias.

Angel says:
Once again, Angel took to a seat at the side of the room and shook her head. "Jaric, I can take care of myself and it boosts morale when I am amongst the populance. It allows our people to see I am not afraid to step forth and get my hands dirty."
Then she frowned and tilted her head to one side. "Orphan Militias?Sorry?"

Lord Carthallion says:
Your orphans have begun training, we will have them ready fro battle in less than a year in the case fo the older children, the youngsters will flesh out the ranks as they age, As for your insistance, I will not argue, but request that you save your people some trouble and dig your grave before you leave, since you have no concept of what it is you figth.

Angel says:
She sighed deeply. "You don't have faith that I can do it, do you?" Angel just shook her head. "I'm not incapable, you had no hesitations about sending me to SoulReaver the first time."

Lord Carthallion says:
And in the end you killed him by chance in an ambush gone wrong for him and his men. You have never faced a dragon in battle, let alone a dracolich. You also need to consider that, as one of the demon's more powerful minions, he may very well control the entirety of what armies the creature left behind it. This is not a task for a group of heros like soem fairy story, but for an army.

Angel says:
Angel considered this whilst she swept her blonde hair away from her eyes. "Unless the whole thing was deliberate...how is it the demon allowed me to get through that portal? Surely he had the power to stop it?" She shook her head. "I'm getting too paranoid, perhaps. I suppose my plan is flawed after all. There is much risk involved and I need to think it through."

Lord Carthallion says:
{{nods}} A careful plan is best. This is the type of beast that, once angerred, will destroy everything to kill a single target, and has the power to do just that

Angel says:
"Well, thats why I'm sat in here. I thought it would be a good place to put things into perspective. I have already spoken with Wrymslayer and he has offered to become involved to help find the Dracolich. I shall watch closely to make sure he is not one of the Baron's toys. We can use Kharne, the things brother as bait against it. I hear Chaaran has the utmost of hatred for him. Another rumor I >
< hear is of the boy who accompanies him...perhaps this is where the orphans can come in handy?" She shrugged. "There's much to consider, but somehow, we have to be done with SoulReaver or he will forever plague us and these lands."

Lord Carthallion says:
I agree, adn I will leave it to you to do this for the realm, we will be prepared to aid you as needed on your request, but this endeavour is a perfect proving ground for your ability to tend to our people

Angel says:
Angel nodded in agreement "Thank you for supporting it.." then, as a strange afterthought, she said "WHY, in the name of the gods, has Vladamir not done anything about it before now?"

Lord Carthallion says:
The Baron controls the dracolich's reliquary. He has no fear of it

Angel says:
She blinked. "You knew this and did nothing? Why, when he could so easily use the creature against us?"

Lord Carthallion says:
The Baron is not aware I know. It makes him over confident...and ensures that his surprise is wasted. Not to mention the fect that should he send it against us, the beast would die on the holy ground surrounding our fortress

Angel says:
Now she raised a hand slowly to her head. "I did not think of it that way." She was annoyed with herself. "The other day...Kinsen mentioned that he noticed how I second guess myself. This, is why. Because no matter what I think of, someone always has another answer that betters my thoughts."

Lord Carthallion says:
Then you are thinking on it too soon. You must remember that your opponent has centuries fo experience to draw on, not the handful of years you have. He has seen our every move before, but sometimes this is an advantage, because he discounts them out of hand as the act of a child or amature.

Angel says:
"I shall not rush into this, but I do not want it to be pending for years either." Angel shook her head. "It is better to hesitate and be aware of the flaws rather than rushing in and making the most dire of mistakes. As always husband, you are right." She stood up and smiled warmly to him. "I've been in here long enough, its clouding my thoughts. Care for a walk elsewhere?" Her hand extended out
to his. <D>

Lord Carthallion says:
{{ takes her hand, turning toward the door}} Then let us walk the grounds nad find what we can to keep us occupied

Angel says:
Looping her delicate arm through his, her frame seemed tiny against his own. "Jaric, tell me the truth..do you think what I am trying to do will be worth it? Aegis stands in ruin, financially and otherwise. Its people are broken, is it one more orphan i am attempting to take on?" She laughed lightly realizing this comparission for the first time.

Lord Carthallion says:
Have you looked to the others youhave seen to? The children you took in are now alive only because you took the necessary action. Perhaps you are what this new orphan needs as well

Angel says:
His compliment made her smile. "Ah, but I am not the iron fist - you are. I merely pick up the pieces and fix them afterwards. I'm not sure I want to harbo ther guilt of more deaths." She continued to walk with him.

Lord Carthallion says:
We do not feel guilty for deaths caused in service to our people, only remorse that the situation arose in the first place. Our troops offer their lives willingly for home and hearth.

Angel says:
"Yes, and at my command they could lose the lot. Such an unknown step might be a foolish move, yet I cannot shrug off the mission.They do offer themselves so willingly and this is why I am considering so carefully. " Walking along, her eyes casting at the walls and their displays, Angel reached to his arm. Her tone wasn't weak but it was determined. "Stay for a while longer, I'd like you to."

Lord Carthallion says:
We have not yet decided to move yet my dear, we have preparations to complete here before I feel comfortable leaving the territory at the mercies of the Baron.

Angel says:
"I understand why you do not want to sit on what he considers his lands. It vexes me also, but a hasty retreat back might prove difficult for some of the people. The younger orphans have settled and feel safe, and for the elders to face the cold once more in Aurora might not bode well for their health...should you chose for them to return back to Aurora at all, of course." She already knew that >
< at this moment in time he had only intended to leave and not so much the populance but she wanted to mention it anyway. "I do believe that I'll miss you more than you think I might." Her blue eyes sparkled just a little, as she smiled faintly.

Lord Carthallion says:
The Orphans will remain here in your care, the elderly will be allowed to do as they see fit , as befits their age, and as for me, I have mixxed feelings on leaving you here as well...though the absence of long hours of talking in the late hours over some tedious religious matter is a definite advantage to bracing the cold of home once more. {{ smirks, keeping his eyes straight ahead}}

Angel says:
Her eyes also focused on the path straight ahead as he guided her, her own smirk pressed upon her lips as she continued in a serious tone. "How strange that you find our religious talks so tedious..especially considering your very own religious books are of the very same nature." Mischief sparkled in her eyes, as she ignored the guards posted by nearby doors.

Lord Carthallion says:
Indeed, you must read more carefully ym dear, since you will find that I in fact wrote them all, and am therefore more than well aware of what is written in htem.

Angel says:
Her tone was still lighthearted. "Mmm, then surely, if your books are of such a tedious nature, you would enjoy our talks? After all, you wrote so many...you have such a clear dedication to it. I was merely attempting to please you."

Lord Carthallion says:
{{ laughs softly}} I wrote so many so no one would have to ask me any more questions.

Angel says:
Angel broke formality to laugh a little also. "Oh, is that so? I thought it was mere punishment because I insisted you marry me. Do you know how dry they are?"

Lord Carthallion says:
Most people are not able to compel themselves to read past the first volume..I have yet to meet anyone as foolishly stubborn as the woman I married

Angel says:
"Its common sense. Wouldn't it be foolish, to be head of a religion I knew nothing about? I shall, however, be writing more simplistic versions to be distributed in the schools and orphanages."

Lord Carthallion says:
I am certain they will appreciate that more than you know

Angel says:
She smiled knowingly, her hand squeezing his arm. "I am glad that they do. Its a good feeling, especially when they tell me so personally. It means a great deal to me Jaric when you appreciate my efforts."

Lord Carthallion says:
I beleive in giving credit to those that deserve it, rest assured that I assign blame in the same manner

Angel says:
"So I've noticed, dear." Angel sighed faintly. "Lady Amarra was good at maintaining the orphanages. The children shall miss her."

Lord Carthallion says:
Lady Amarra's fate is her own doing, there is nothing to be done for it now

Angel says:
Pausing in her step for a brief moment, Angel just looked up at him with rather sweet eyes. "Nothing? I suspected so.." Her tone was of disappointment. "I do hope you will at least talk to our nephew on his conduct with women. His marriage oath was binding."

Lord Carthallion says:
I am not sure I can hold him to it, given the mental status of his bride

Angel says:
Angel frowned. "Mental status? Jaric, there wasn't much wrong with the woman, she was just an anxious soul. She did well under our structure."

Lord Carthallion says:
She invoked a goddess she had no concept of , she nearly killed us all over a delusional fear of my brother

Angel says:
Angels eyes lowered to the ground in disappointment. "I have always blamed myself over it, since I had made it my point to gently teach her our religious ways. She always wanted to learn and do good. Its hardly delusional to fear your brother, Jaric, given his past reputation and occupation."

Lord Carthallion says:
She was a peasant girl with no lands or titles that the Baron would be interested in. So she had nothing to fear of him, since he gained nothing from her death

Angel says:
"Nothing that you can currently foresee. Who knows what his intentions ever are? The Baron is a master of manipulation...still, it matters not now. I simply liked her and I had a use for her here. " She paused, and smirked just a little. "What would you think if I contacted Rensain's wife for a cordial talk? They are, after all our neighbors in the Thunderlands and I hear she is earning quite the>
< reputation for herself. <D>

Lord Carthallion says:
You are moer than welcome to do so, just be certain to take enough guards

Angel says:
She giggled. "What, you do not want to come with me? Rensain would no doubt welcome your presence!"

Lord Carthallion says:
If you wish, we will ready the carriage and surprise him with a visit

Angel says:
"You don't think we should alert him by messenger first? That doesn't give them much time..." then she paused, and started to laugh.

Lord Carthallion says:
It keeps him form laying an ambush for us on the way to the chateau

Angel says:
"Ever the strategist, my love." She shook her head, letting go of his arm. "I shall join you in the courtyard later this eve, we can train together, then perhaps dinner.."

Lord Carthallion says:
Excellent my dear, then I will leave for the moment ot make the preparations for our journey. We meet again in an hour.

Angel says:
*Angel nodded, her smile still dancing as did those blue eyes.* "I shall be ready."

<<To be continued. >>
Back to top Go down

Auroran Plans
Page 1 of 1