Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Outside the Tavern.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

Outside the Tavern. Empty
PostSubject: Outside the Tavern.   Outside the Tavern. Icon_minitime2010-05-17, 23:25

His facial features showed genuine relief at her acceptance of his appology, and as she turned and fell into the crowds of people Jared was right behind her, weaving through.

Finally, Letala stepped outside, and he was able to do so also. It was still noisy, since people were coming in and out which caused the wooden door to the building to creak and crack each time it was used.

Moving to the corner of the porch with her, he took the opportunity to take in her appearence and how Letala held herself. He observed that she even against the backdrop of the tavern, she still held a certain essence about her. Jared liked the way she carried herself - a sense of hidden pride was clearly evident.

Clearing his throat, the Crown Prince picked up his conversation with Letala once again. He stood tall and straight, his military background more evident in his stance now.

"You said you are staying at the palace, yes? Ah, you must be special since my mother rarely trusts anyone enough to let them stay. However, if she wants a message, she ought to come and see me for herself rather than send other nobles...not that I am complaining too loudly, I could do with more friends."

He smiled, sweeping his brown hair away from his eyes with one hand he made the decision that he'd like the chance to know her better.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Tavern.   Outside the Tavern. Icon_minitime2010-05-18, 10:17

The sounds of the busy tavern still rang in her ears even in the open air away from the bustle of the business. It was such a stir of events her times within Aegis and she had enjoyed every minute of it. Despite some few follies here and there she was beginning to see something of Aegis that she was not expecting. She watched him as he looked her over her mind curious to what he was thinking. She knew was possibly wrong to be a messenger for his mother but still she was doing for her own accord. Ava had talked of Jared before and after all these years it was nice to not only see the land she loved but the people.

A hand would mock Jared's motions, her own fingers pushing back loose strand of blonde hair that were being carried by the occasional small breeze. Still it seemed as she eyed the crowned prince that she was talking in him still, the small things here and there that most people might ignore she always picked up first, she always believed body language spoke louder at times than people ever realized. Perhaps why she was always so adamant about her own, what silent messages was she given off by just standing there.

"Yes, Ava and I have known each other for some time now. Seems like yesterday though that I first meet her. Surely you remember her position within Disideri, it is where we first meet."

She would smile a bit speaking about that time. She always thought Ava was like the rest of them, her views of her and her position within Disideri, another social climber. And for awhile in her mind no doubt she did. First impressions were always a strange thing, If one had asked her that day she spoke so candidly to her, almost offensively she would have never said they would have eventually become dear friends.

"Yes I told her this as well, but I do believe she also just wished for me to see you, I suppose in her mind it was kill two birds with one stone..."

Her tone was light and she tried to keep the conversation still within the realm of calm. She did not wish to bring up any negative emotions. Her job in her eyes was done, and now she was simply enjoying the company of another, getting to learn as much as she could, her mind always hungry for knowledge of places and people.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Tavern.   Outside the Tavern. Icon_minitime2010-05-24, 09:07

((sorry for the delay in posting. Thanks for being patient.))

Jared smiled as Letala spoke so fondly of his mother - there were plenty who didn't, and in the past he'd had to deal with their gripes. Yet, she seemed honest in her response, her tone of voice sincere. He found it likeable.

A frown crossed his features when Letala mentioned Disideri and he shook his head in confusion.

"No, my Lady, I do not know of this..but my mother has a habit of taking off and dealing with other realms personally. She doesn't involve their realm concerns with us, finding it safer to keep them seperate. We had a bad experience with a realm when we tried to create an allience before...my mother swore against it ever again.

The memory of this flashed through his mind, how King Savannah Lyonknight had waltzed into the council declaring his mother to be engaged to him, and all the fury of the council that they were not consulted upon it. Such had shocked the foriegn King, for he was used to getting his way unquestionably. The war that was declaired after, the mass chaos it caused...and the eventual demise of said King was enough to put anyone off. Ava was notorious for such dramatics. Yet, she was his mother and he couldn't speak ill of her, despite her raw temper and strange ways.

"My mother misses me, I'm sure..but it is childish that she resorts to such games. No matter. If she is to play at such, I'm glad that she sent someone as pretty as you."

His eyes dancing with the same mischief that his mother always held. He had inherrited his father's charming smile, which was also present. Exhaling, he offered his arm to her.

"Shall we go for a walk? I'd like to get away from the crowds...I'm in a lot of trouble, you see."

That, would be the understatement of the century, yet he suspected it would pull her curiosity. He was buying time, for he knew that if he were about to be summoned before the throne for his actions he might as well have a damn good time before he left. Besides, it was hardly difficult, the lady in her short time had impressed him. She was graceful in the way she carried herself and they appeared to share much in common. He was eager to learn more.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Tavern.   Outside the Tavern. Icon_minitime2010-05-26, 19:18

As a frown came across his strong facial features her own soft ones almost mimicked his. She was a bit disappointed that he had not know but it was for reason most surely he did not think of nor would he. For the news that Ava kept her nose in other realms while keeping it separate from Aegis was in truth not shocking, it was after all Ava and she was for a lack of a better expression secretive at times. The own wheels in her mind turning without any knowing or attempting to pry into. And as her mind fell upon the thought of her old home a bit more she shrugged off the negative thought and placed that kind smile back upon her pale pink lips at his kind words.

She would simply bow her head at him a toss of her head slightly pushed the loose strands of hair from her green gaze.

"You are too kind your highness, and I too, game or not am glad that I have been able to finally meet you."

His gaze was more like Ava's than surely he knew, or maybe her did. She herself told that she holds her mother's eyes. A wonderful yet at times sad compliment. But her own eyes locking with his could not help but see the mischief dancing within his deep pools, her own curiosity of course peeked but never shown. The calm and warming expression upon her face never faulted as she had trained to do. A perfect lady, something people always described her as but it was of course deeper than that. A mask almost but still it was who she was.

Just as Jared before her held himself his hand out to her, she could tell of his confidence, pride she wouldn't call it, but an air about him, almost the same air that she felt Ava had at times. Her hand would loop within his and they would begin to walk at a steady pace. Her own posture tall and her mind thinking of the next thing to say, but for a moment she was lost within the simple nature that her life seemed to be within Aegis and she loved such a fact, getting lost in the silence.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Tavern.   Outside the Tavern. Icon_minitime2010-05-30, 21:03

Jared regarded the Princess carefully, smiling as she spoke so softly and without judgement. It had never been easy as Bathory's child since he always had to account for her actions. On this occasion he could see that he had been mistaken by assuming Lady Letala was purely loyal to his mother.

Although Letala looked at him with such reserve, he understood all too well the many faces that a royal had to hold. Patting her hand as it clung to him, Jared guided Letala away from the tavern itself.

"If you do not mind walking, would the forest path towards the castle be a leisurely enough place to go?"

Jared asked, in innocence that Ralean was there with Angel, and that the other girls were already there also.

"Since it is late, I am sure the Duke of Grorr, my good friend Ralean, would not mind our visit."
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Tavern.   Outside the Tavern. Icon_minitime2010-06-05, 02:54

[[many apologies about the delay...horribly insane week!]]

Loyalty was something that she always felt was a weak point of hers while others saw it as a strong point. Ava had been a curious creature since the first day she had meet her. She blindly labeled her as another woman calling to Asriel even though she could have been anything but, an irony that Ava did the same to her. That first conversation still ringing within her mind, Ava warning her lecturing her almost as a mother did her daughter about becoming "queen". From that odd meeting grew an even odder friendship but it was strong as it could be. Yes she was loyal to Ava, it was no mistake but just as quick as she would be to support Ava she was just as quick to not discount her friend's mistake and she would hope Ava would do the same for her. Loyal Letala was but still she held herself to the simple fact that human or not mistakes could be made. Her own faults in her mind, and at times she was wrong and needed a strong person to tell her, and at times it was Ava. She had her own mind at the end of the day and was would not blinding write or place faith in someone, though she felt others saw her as a simpering princess, only caring for the life of a royal.

She would feel the soft pat of his hand and it would cause her gaze to turn to him, flashing him her as some called it, signature gaze of jade hues.

"I do not at all, it sounds like a wonderful idea your Highness. And I am up for meeting as many people as possible."

That restless mind of hers would fall to questions she wished to ask him, nothing too personal of course. She had heard simple gossip but herself hating it as much as she did did not dare take any words of it heart. Gossip was a silly thing and one of the things she hated most about the frivolous women of court. It seemed all they cared for was tearing apart others for what ever reason they thought was valid.

As they continued to walk arm in arm she couldn't help but wonder more about Jared. Ava had spoken of him not in great detail but enough to know the pride of a mother of her son.

"So your highness, I do hope you don't find it offense if I ask you to tell me more about yourself."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Tavern.   Outside the Tavern. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outside the Tavern.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Grorr-
Jump to: