Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thunderlands Travel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amarra

Amarra

Thunderlands Travel Empty
PostSubject: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-04-18, 23:15

((Continued from Taking Leave on the Icehold board))

~pulls the blanket over her lap as she stares out the carriage window, watching with curiosity as the land goes quickly by, far more quickly than if she'd been on foot. Grudgingly, she has to admit that horses have their uses, as long as she doesn't have to get too close to them herself. The last time she'd passed through the Thunderlands it had been dark, and before that, she was usually distracted by something or other, so this time she pays a little more attention to the landscape.

Her thoughts and emotions still twist and roil within her, but for the moment she's managed to shove aside some of them, so that she is even able to give Jared a genuine, if shy, smile as she glances in his direction. She still doesn't know whether to be comfortable with Ralean or not, or whether or not to trust him, but right now it doesn't matter, so she offers him a small smile as well before looking back out the window to see what else there is to see~
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-04-22, 21:31

~Ral half-lounges across from jared and amarra, looking for all the world as if he's bored to death. he is dressed for travel, with a simple mail hauberk from icehold's armory. his shadow dagger and family blade are on his belt, loosely knotted for quick action. he glances to amarra and returns her smile pleasantly, glancing around boredly, and slightly out the window with disinterest~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-04-23, 19:43

He knew the journey would bore him to death, yet Jared hadn't anticipated that it would do so this early into the trip. His head was leaning against the side of the carriage and his arms were folded in front of him, but his body kept moving and sliding. He gave a yawn that broke the silence over the clip-clop of the horses.

"So Ral, now we're far away - What was all that business with Angel?"

It wasn't the question he wanted to quite ask, so he shifted himself again.

"You're a good freind of mine, I respect you more than anyone else on this damn Island - but holy hell, toy with the Queen of Aurora and Lord Jaric would have all of our heads on a platter sent back to Vlad. Stick to catching Dragons, it would be an easier feat."

It was hard for Jared to say this, since he knew better. He shook his head.

"Now I'm patronizing you, Ral. I'm telling you something you already know and I shouldn't."

So now he sat back and waited, expecting Ralean to tell him that the whole display was innocent.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-04-30, 18:01

~Ral lifts a brow at Jared, smiling innocently. "What business are you talking about?" He laughs qheerfully, as if he and Jared were sharing a private jest. "I'm not quite sure what exactly you are talking about my friend. Not sure at all." he leans back, smiling, with a shake of his head~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-01, 15:25

~glances between the two of them, biting her lip to keep from frowning in concern, then turns her attention back out the window again. She doesn't know Ralean well and decides it's probably better for her not to get involved in their conversation. Lifting a hand to stifle a yawn, she keeps her eyes on the passing ground, trying not to eavesdrop, as much as can be helped in such a small space~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-01, 21:36

He visibly pales and knocks harshly on the wall of the carriage. It rumbles to a slow almost stop - but Jared didn't wait for it. He flung the door open as if he couldn't breathe and jumped out, his leather gloved hand upon his chest as if it were heart attack.

Outside, the thunder rumbled overhead, and leaning against the side, he was physically sick. His hands were shaking yet anger got the better of him, and he punched just once, furiously against the side of the carriage. His voice shouted above the noise.

"Damn it Ralean, you're F*cking crazy!"

He made his way back to his friend.

"I can't protect you from this!! He'll kill you..he'll string your guts out and hange them to dry!! I can't let you do this for a girl! She's not worth it!! Nothing is worth it!"
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-01, 22:29

~Ral sits up, leaning forward, resting his elbows on his knees with a smile that is dangerously close to a smirk, steepling his fingers and resting his chin on them. "My friend, I'm sure you're quite overreacting. There's nothing to worry about. And if there was, well...let's just say, there's nothing to worry about." he leans back again, grinning like a cat. "Besides, I can handle my own."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-01, 22:51

Wiping his face with his sleeve, he climbed back into the carriage. Shaking his head, his face had gone from white with fear to white with anger, and as he slammed the door he caught Ralean's smirk.

His fist curled again, and instinctively he wanted to punch him, so he threw a right hook. Tumbling forward towards him he reached out and grabbed Ralean by the shoulders.

"Don't. Don't you dare. You're not so fucking big that you can handle JARIC! What the hell is wrong with you??? "
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-01, 23:28

~Ral catches Jared's punch, closing his hand over Jared's fist, still sitting, smiling calmly. "I would thank you to not do that, my friend." Ral rests his free hand on Jared's shoulder in a friendly way. As Jared grabs his shoulders he lets go his fist and places his own hands on Jared's shoulders, still smiling calmly. "Whatsoever are you talking about with Jaric, my friend?" he shakes his head. "Trust, my head will remain on my shoulders, and I have no need of your protection. Not that I'm quit sure what you're talking about. But trust, I am capable and aware, and there is no need to worry for me. Have I ever given you reason not to trust me, or my judgment?"~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-01, 23:44

Jared frowned as his punch got blocked and granted, Ralean had age and experience ahead of him. So, listening to what he said, he didn't leave Ral's gaze, his eyes still hard and cold. Deciding that this wasn't the right path - plus his anger was calming, he let go and sat back in his seat, looking to Amarra and shaking his head.

"I do trust you, Ral. I always have..lets pretend it never happened. We didn't see anything, right?"

He crossed his arms and looked at the floor.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-01, 23:52

~Ral nods and pats Jared's shoulder as he sits, and leans back nodding. "You know better my friend. Forget nothing, and pretend what you need to. But thank you, all the same, for the trust." he glances between Jared and Amarra and breaks into a grin. "Well, this is fun, isnt it?" he chuckles and knocks on the carriage to signal the driver to resume moving once again. "So, my friends, tell me of your marriage plans."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 00:10

He couldn't manage a smile, so he just stared at the floor, tightening his arms.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Forget it."

After exhaling hard, Jared looked back up at him.

"Its just..its not a one way thing, you know? If you need help..I'll help. I don't know what I'm thinking, but I'll never turn my back on you."

He shook his head and gave a small laugh.

"Damn Ral, you're into some crazy stuff."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 00:24

~Ral grins and nods. "Aye friend, I know, but sometimes, we tread alone because we must." he chuckles with Jared. "Crazy, true, but it hasn't failed me yet."~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 00:32

He laughed and shook his head.

"Enough of this, I hope Rensain has a good stock of Vodka. I'd like one."

He glances to Amarra and gives her a reassuring and appologetic smile.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 06:15

~rests a hand lightly on Jared's arm, a little late to calm him but perhaps to provide some reassurance of her own, not that she feels overly confident. She wonders if she could convince Angel to visit to have some private words of their own. She finds Ralean's expression almost as maddening as Jared did, but her words are soft, calm, and measured~

Angel is a dear friend, queen or otherwise. I would not like to see trouble find her, any more than can be helped.

~something Jared said sticks in her mind, and she looks back at him with a frown~

Rensain?
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 07:33

Jared patted the hand that Amarra had delicately rested upon his arm, and he looked across and smiled to her once again. Fortunately, she was able to provide comfort even if she never said anything.

His eyes briefly moved to the window, then back to his wife.

"Angel is a fool, and I don't want you speaking to her anymore."

He was just angry, upset, and quietly simmering, but deep down he knew it wasn't Amarra's fault. Exhaling once again, trying to shake off any feelings of anything, he answered Amarra with a lighter tone.

"Rensain's Mansion isn't far...I saw it when we stopped. I think we all need to get out and take a break, I'm sure the horses could do with it.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 09:26

Perhaps as much of a fool as your friend Ralean is.

~glances at Ralean with an expression somewhere between amusement and consternation. She finds herself annoyed that Jared would try to tell her who to be friends with, or who not to be friends with, but she supposes it's more of an emotional response than anything, and now would not be a good time to mention it again. Besides that, his other comment is more immediately concerning. She is not looking forward to his suggested stop~

Maybe I should stay with the carriage. Keep an eye on our things while you two visit with Rensain.

~smiles faintly to show she's teasing. She may not like Rensain much, but she wouldn't be that rude on purpose, either~

((edited a little for clarification))
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 17:15

He raised his arms in an exagerated fashion, in response to Amarra's first comment. He always felt that he could not win with her and it annoyed him immensely. Still he caught her smile and shook his head with a grin.

"No, I'm sure Rensain would be just as delighted to see you as he would be to see us."
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 17:50

~smiles but manages to keep laughing, having a hard time imagining anyone, except maybe Jared himself, being delighted to see her at the moment, least of all Rensain. She doesn't want to upset Jared any further, though, if she can help it~

Maybe you're right. You've known him longer than I have, and probably better than I do, too.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 18:02

Jared laughed a little.

"When I was a boy, I used to wonder about his castle and once he caught me. He wasn't pleased, and nor was Bathory once he told her. I had 15 lashes upon my hind for it. I couldn't sit down for a week."

Now he shook his head, and shrugged off the memories.

"Rensain is ever changing. He was a different person then...he changes to suit his own needs."
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 18:11

~nods slowly, thoughtfully, as she looks out the carriage window to see if she can catch a glimpse of the mansion in the distance. Her words are a little cautious, but mostly curious~

What kind of a person is he now?
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 23:14

~Ral sits back lsitening, glancing out the window in an almost-bored fashion, drumming his fingers on his leg absently. He glances over to Amarra. "He is a man with no love for anyone but himself, but he has no delusions about that, and makes no excuses for it."~
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime2010-05-03, 13:44

When you feel ready, feel free to start a new thread arriving at Rensain's doors. It'll wrap this thread up and keep everything neat and tidy. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunderlands Travel   Thunderlands Travel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thunderlands Travel
Page 1 of 1