Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Babysitter...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mycheal
Admin
Mycheal

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-03-26, 22:38

[OOC: Continued from: Another Ancient Graveyard... Somewhere near Draco... (Soul Searching II)]

*Standing upon the Thunderlands gazing across the vast expanse the Necromancer gazes into the distance as the rolling sounds of thunder attempts to sooth his soul...*

He chuckles to himself, Perhaps Rensain was right...

*But alas if indeed it could comfort his soul little good it would do him now, for that part of him was yet lost, but at least now he knew for sure it was somewhere within Aegis. He spotted the mansion in the distance and glanced back at his decaying parade.*

Remember gentlemen... this man can also handle the netherweave... keep on your guard...

*He had exchanged his black silken breeches for a white pair of loose-fitting linen trousers and a knee-length white linen tunic. It contrasted his pale grey skin only slightly clashing more with the bleached bone white locks which fell with abandon down his back*

His cold voice still echoed like the graves he frequents, sounding distant and hollow, Your existence is mine to do with as I will... remember that...

*He paused only for a brief instant to ponder what exactly they do remember, the minds of the dead. Do they remember their life as it was, or is it merely an imprint of pictures left in a life-less shell? Perhaps one day he would delve into the mind of one, but not today... he had a meeting to get to. Therefore he turned and continued towards the mansion, his motley crew shambling behind him...*

Last edited by Mycheal on 2010-04-02, 23:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.eydya.com
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-03-27, 11:40

Maire gazed out the window of the mansion. Her mind moved to Marcus . Was he safe? Was he frightened? The one question she refused to ponder was if he was alive. His father she trusted, she knew that he was doing everything possible to find their son. That was her comfort for now.

She leaned her forhead against the cool glass, her warm breath fogging the rest of the small pane. Things hadnt been as she expected them, however it was a good thing. Instead of being with Rensain she had expected she would be in Merridia in a Inn. She and Rensain hadnt spoken in depth about things and there was still much to tell him yet she hadnt had the time yet. She had been back barely one day.

She was about to go find Rensain when she moved her head up and saw what seemed to be shadowy figures in the distance. Believing it to be just the fogged pane she brought a hand up to wipe away the impediment and took in a breath as Mycheal and his friends came into view. She was not frightened, she had been a Priestess of Darkness at one time.

She called out"Rensain! You have visitors!" She watched as they came closer and the stench of death began to leak into the mansion.

Last edited by Maire on 2010-04-06, 19:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-06, 18:50

{The thoughts of Rensain also lingered to that of his son. He had pondered to himself how he could have let it happen, and cursed his own mistake, clenching the fist of his leather gloved hand.

Upon hearing Maire's call, he looked up from his huge throne chair and narrowed his cool brown eyes, his face burrowing into a frown.}

"Ah, I'm expecting him." Pulling a Goblin close, he muttered "Keep the spider riders ready, if needs be. He isn't to be trusted."

{Rising to his feet, he joined Maire at the window and placed a hand to the curve of her back. Peering out and raising a brow at the view, Rensain couldn't help but smirk.}

"Not to worry dear, if the stench of the dead bothers you, I can always be rid of them. I've invested in a different kind of defensive creature, you see, and it will no doubt pay off well."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-11, 20:56

Maire settled into Rensain as his arm moved towards her. She watched the shambling moves of the figures as they drew closer." I would ask that you dont allow them in and that their duration is short. I can always air out the mansion after they leave but should they linger then the stench imbues into the very fabrics and we might never get rid of it"

She drew out a small square of fabric from her pocket, it was a scented handkerchief . Bringing it to her nose she inhaled the fragrance of lavender that she adored so much. It would help for though she didnt protest the smell it didnt mean it was pleasent either but her features showed no horror or disgust.

"Will you want me to accompany you to meet your guest or would you rather I keep myself busy elsewhere beloved? I can see about some refreshments as well...we wouldnt want your hospitality to be impuned " He hadnt told her why the guest was here but her interest was piqued. She knew though that Rensain might wish to protect her from certain, items he must deal with as well and she would not pry if he made mentione of the latter.

She slid in front of him and placing a soft kiss upon his lips she fussed with his shoulders brushing imaginary lint and folds out of them. "The dead may be at our door but that is no excuse to not look our best " she gave him a wink and a smile. The irony was that Rensain never didnt look his best.
Back to top Go down
Mycheal
Admin
Mycheal

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-13, 16:13

*Mycheal's mind worked overtime as his mental projections and calculations whirred to life. What could the whole story be... Though he abhorred politics the excitement of a royal scandal and controversy piqued his interest. He pondered briefly concerning Rensain's motives, particularly why he had asked for Mycheal instead of perhaps one of the palace spies or some other lackey... Perhaps a tracker or the like.*

*Mycheal finally decided that it was most likely the fact that it was his odd character flaw, his weakness for the welfare of the young, it still nagged at him from a professional standpoint since death is no respecter of persons, yet he could not get the images flames of Tek T'Lamas from his mind. Possibly it was his actions concerning another child which became his credentals for this mission... perhaps Ash was involved... but why? He shook his head to get the thought from out of it, the boy had turned from a proper path and now kept company with wannabe gravers and demons his memory should be forgotten, no sense in trying to find reasons to contact the boy any longer...*

*Drawing within a few yards from the place Mycheal picked up a presence of something defiantly not Rensain... yet not one of his minions... a... woman... interesting and comforting to know that Rensain could actually have a heart... or at least pretend to. He turned this over in his head and at he same time questioned the intelligence, not to mention the protocol in dragging his near-leprous menagerie into Rensain's apparent 'vacation home.'*

Turning to the two corpse-callers he speaks as his mind wills the thought to their limited yet slightly more advanced mental centers, having never completely gotten over the habit of voicing allowed his mental commands, "Return to the search..." He places his hand upon the chest of one and allows the soulburn to glow faintly, the smell of burning rotted flesh barely registers before he removes the hand revealing a charred mark, "Contact me if you learn anything of use... raise as many as you can, but only if they are able... I will not be there to strengthen the weakened or mend the torn... Start to the east..." He turned towards the mansion once more then pauses and looks back at his companions and sighs shaking his head, "Your other east..."

*As they shamble off Mycheal then continues the last few yards to the main doors and pauses a few feet away, waiting, since Rensain more than likely knew he was here from the moment his silhouette broke the horizon on the plains.*
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-18, 21:01

((Forgive delays, I have been moving house.))

{{He listened to his beloved as she made her wishes about Mycheals undead soliders clear, and he nodded to state that he acknowledged them. Taking her by the arm, he guided her gently as they walked down the halls of the great house, Rensain pausing at various artworks. Pausing mid-step he stops to lean down, granting her the gentle kiss that she had offered him, his lips pursing into a smile as she brushed his shoulder.}}

"I assure you, my dear, I will not have those things in my home they will make the carpet smell. No, it will not do - but I suspect Mychael knows better than to think to invite them in. To answer your question, of course I wish to have you with me. We are a partnership of greatness, and I mean to do everything to show you off."

{Rensain adored everything about this woman, and it was clear that he did. Turning and walking towards the double doored entrance, he instructed the servants to open them and he ordered some others to begin preparing some beverages, as Maire had suggested. Then, as he stood and patiently waited, he leaned close and murmered in her ear.}

"Mychael and I have known each other a long time, this shall be interesting to say the least."
Back to top Go down
Mycheal
Admin
Mycheal

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-19, 21:27

*As Mycheal neared the doors he only had to pause for a moment. Just as he had suspected Rensain had already dispatched the minions to get the door. He noticed [[I assume since you said servant, if not let me know and I will edit this sentence out.]] they were human and held an inward smirk, at least his class was asserting itself. He nodded slightly to the man and allowed himself to be led into the estate. He deliberately dropped the magic he had had stored on his walk across the plain and fought back the urge to scan the abode. He didn't need to start a war and Rensain had at least been courteous on most accounts.*
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-25, 22:48

{The strong double doors would creak open, and Rensain waited with patience as Mycheals shadowy form became more clear with light from the luxurious home. He gently removed Maires arm from his own as he stepped forward, his arms open to pat Mycheal on the shoulder in pleasent greeting.}

"Well well, old friend..how good of you to appear so promptly?"

{He gestured Mychael further into the glamourous building, every piece of furniture likely an antique and clearly valuable}

"Come in, meet my good wife, Lady Maire. She will be joining us this evening, let me assure you it won't be a disappointment."

{He chuckled, and gave her a light wink. She knew he meant no harm, his tone of a sincere nature.}

"Maire..this is Mychael. We are old acquaintences..in fact, Mychael was once a Duke of Marloc alongside myself...but that was so many moons ago."
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-26, 13:53

Maire gave a elegant curtsy to the one Rensain called a old friend. They had never really had any guests in the past though she hoped it would change. She smiled as her eyes studied Mycheal. "Welcome to our home" she said graciously. She gave a wry smile at Rensains comment and then chuckled."As a friend of Rensains you must be well acquainted with his wit. It is a pleasure to meet one who has known Rensain for so long." she gave Rensain a sidelong glance" So tell me was he quite the ladies man that far back? I cant imagine he was without the company of a female for long, as charming as he is"

Her eyes danced with amusement and she seemed very relaxed " Please come in and sit. If there is aught you need please heistate not to ask" she was determined that the hospitality of the Caladores would be something that was well known. There was much more to this meeting then reliving the past or getting reacquainted. Maire had decided though that her anxiousness of the situation with Marcus would not taint their efforts to finding him. Her outward demeanor gave no hint of the pain that was heavy in her heart.

She moved to a tray that had been fixed for her that was just delievered. Sitting she busied herself with the making of tea. She spoke to the servant who had brought the tray for her" See if the Master and our guest require anything then be off" The servant did as she asked first inquiring of Rensain and Mycheal. Maire sipped her tea and waited for Rensain was not one to indulge in small talk when he had a agenda.
Back to top Go down
Mycheal
Admin
Mycheal

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-26, 20:34

*He followed Rensain still rolling over in his mind just exactly what this was about. He glanced at the accommodation and gave the appearance of interest though his mind had long since given up the intrigue of material wealth. He chuckled in his head as he considered the fact that he was more than likely older than most of this furniture. He smiled pleasently enough, or as plesent as his pale and somber face would allow, at Rensain.*

"I always keep you at the top of my priorities list my dear Rensain... though I have many all over Aegis who are dying to meet me... besides, your missions never fail to amuse me... How is Chaaran...?"

*He shifted his eyes from Rensain to allow his gaze to settle on Maire. He probed gently though not enough to delve into thoughts, only a cursory scan of vitals... she was indeed living... and human... as far as he could tell with such a weak probe, but her heart seemed near the verge of exploding. He knew it wasn't him, her smile and courtesy was to flawless and balanced. He said nothing yet simply nodded.*

"M'lady..."

*He glanced back at Rensain. He searched his face for a trace of what could be troubling the woman, yet didn't let his eyes linger lest he alerted Rensain. Rensain had always been one to hold back his emotion when he wished... that made working with him all the more annoying... and exciting.*

"With a lovely lady such as this I do not doubt..."

*Though he had willed his aura back so as to better accommodate the unexpected ladies presence he couldn't completely remove the smell of the grave. His voice seemed hollow and echoed from within his chest as though from a deep... dark... dank... tomb. Barely above a whisper yet at the same time impossible not to hear. He glanced at the servant and shook his head but nodded with the hint of a bow to Maire.*

"Thank you m'lady... And yes I am very well acquainted with the Caladore "charm," yet you I am not... Mycheal Nekhronyz Phrozt at your service..."

*He reached for this hand to her, it would be as grasping a corpse though he doubted, being with Rensain, she would notice. Mycheal pondered this new face then let a flickering gaze land on Rensain before looking back at Maire, perhaps. But how in the world did he convince her to stay? Regardless he would say nothing, simply because the only thing that bored him more than politics was "empty noble romances."*
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-28, 16:47

{His eyes stayed firm on Mychaels, his hand gently resting upon the curve of Maires spine. He listened with interest, still grinning like the cat who had all the cream as Maire flattered him with compliments of the past, and still he couldn't help but laugh.}

"Me? A ladies man? Nonsense dear, the men all find me attractive too, don't they Mycheal?"

{He smirked and granted a wink in sheer jest than any sort of insult.}

"Let us move into the main room, its far less drafty than standing here..."

{He eloquently turned Maire, allowing a comfortable pace that they could all keep up with. In his mind, he had memories flashing to him. It was surreal to Rensain that Mycheal was very much alive and in his home, since he had been gone for what felt like centuries. There was much that they both needed to discuss alone, business matters, but for now, he concentrated on getting the formalities over with.}

"We've arranged for some beverages, and food...and the guest room is empty should you think to stay for the evening.."

{As Mychael mentioned Chaaran, Rensain rolled his eyes, and spoke with concern in his voice.}

"The Dracolich is a threat like no other. There is no one that can possibly control the damn thing save Ash, and Ash is uncontrollable. Its killing too many people, the damage to the cities have been shocking. We lost the Golden library to an attack. Now I am concerned that the Dracolich is behind the children's disappearance. Since you and I raised it to begin with..I had hope that together, we might be able to fix the problem also."
Back to top Go down
Mycheal
Admin
Mycheal

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-28, 20:23

*Mycheal followed abreast with the pair though he purposely gaze about as if admiring the scenery. He paused abruptly yet resumed so quickly one would hardly notice it when Rensain men, ah yes the Caladore charm indeed. He allowed a chuckle to reverberate from within the hollows of his chest.*

"How could we not... your so smooth and soft..."

*He grinned back with a quirked eyebrow as if to say, 'tag, your it' while his mind sorted out the information. Rensain had prepared food and drinks... perhaps he would eat perhaps not... how much about him had Rensain told the woman...? What was her name again... Maire. It didn't matter, his life had never been much of a secret. Chaaran was ali... dea... er... unliving... still, this was interesting 'a threat like no other' indeed. He had to force himself to continue walking when Ash was mentioned... what was it about the child that caused him to feel so... He pushed it from him immediately seized on the next part.*

"The children's disappearance...? Rensain my dear chum... I didn't even know you were pregnant..."

*He smirked jokingly yet mulled this over within his mind, this was what had caused the woman's irregular heartbeat... no doubt these were the children of herself and Rensain, else Rensain would have had nothing to do with such matters. Chaaran kidnapping on behalf of Ash... ? What could he be plotting... or perhaps that child Ash teamed up with Dan... Dave... Daymn... yes that was it. The would be 'king of Aegis' that can't even control his own emotion let alone a kingdom, and a wannabe 'necromancer' who could hardly handle a cantrip never mind the hyper-fluctuating sub-flow of an inverted netherweave... What could those two possibly want with Rensain's children? This evening was defiantly going to be interesting.*
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-04-28, 22:56

When she had taken Mycheals hand it was cold and she wondered if he smelled of the grave from the undead compainons that had accompanied him and then had been sent away. That smell could permate and linger. Rensain hadnt told her why Mycheal was here nor of his origins.

She gave a wry grin at his comment of Rensain being so smooth and soft and then listened as Rensain mentioned the children. Maires heart leapt for Rensain must have called upon the aide of Mycheal and if she knew Rensain he would not call upon a weak ally. Which is why he probably wasnt waiting on Vladimir but taking thier sons fate into his own hands.

Maire warmed her hands around the cup of fragrant steaming liquid. A eyebrow raised when Rensain mentioned he had raised the Dracolich. She was impressed. As well as she knew her lover there was still much to him that lay unexplored and unspoken. His machinations were not random but purposeful. He was calculating and strong and the more she found out about him the deeper in love she fell.

She spoke softly" Only one child of the missing is ours. The others are Vladimirs. I do not mean to be callous but their fate is not my concern. I am a mother and care for the life of my son. If they are saved as well then it will be considered a bonus " She didnt wish any ill on the twins but their blood did not run in her veins. There was no connection to make her heart break with their absence as there was with Marcus.

In many ways she wished she wasnt so weak. Love was a weakness however that she would suffer gladly.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime2010-05-02, 16:53

"Smooth and soft? So glad you thought so."

{He smirked, with a wink to Mychael. Rensain took a seat nearby the hearth of his grand main room and invited Mychael to do the same. }

"Unfortunately all the Caladore charm is not allowing me to find the children. We're all deeply concerned."

{He accepted a cup of steaming tea from the unifrmed servant and sniffed it - a habit. Leaning back into the seat, he added some new information.}

"An arrangement has been made with the Royal family. Our son, Marcus is to be married to Princess Claudia Cartallion. The Caladore line will once again be placed of the highest authority. Naturally, I'm concerned for the boys' existance."

{He exhaled, not one to admit that had truely missed Marcus since he had not been there. Taking a sip, he glanced to Maire with a reassuring smile.}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Babysitter... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Babysitter...   The Babysitter... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Babysitter...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Thunderlands-
Jump to: