Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Empty
PostSubject: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 12:51

The portal opened, leading directly into the throne room of the Merridian Palace. Rensain stepped out, followed by the newcomer, Hawkeye. He paused and dusted his tailored suit and adjusted his hat. With a mild cough, he looked around. The throne room was at the end of it's new renovation. Cloth drapes hung across furniture to protect it.

"I will need to introduce you to your new employer, Vladamir Carthallion. Also, you will need to sign paperwork for me...a contract, that is all. Can you read?" Rensain mindlinked Vladamir, which could not be heard by Hawkeye. "Someone I'd like you to meet, My Lord. A new employee if you deem him fit enough."

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 15:20

Hawkeye stepped through the portal and after hearing he question, I immediately answer that I can read, and I would like to read said contract.

It was only then that he started to look around the room, he could not remember a time when he had felt more at home. His curiosity had gotten he better of him and he peaked behind a curtain that had torn a little bit and noticed that there were books there. He did not notice when Vlad entered the room - he was too engrossed reading the titles of the books he could barely see.

Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-28, 20:07

~enters the throne room almost silently, carrying a basket of winter flowers over one arm. She wears a light cloak, despite the cold season, over a simple blue dress that's stretched just a bit tight across the middle, as if she's gained a little weight. She is obviously distracted and not paying much attention at first, and starts around the edge of the room, laying out some of the tiny white flowers on the first windowsill she comes across. She finally looks around with a start upon realizing that the throne room looks quite different than the last time she was here, and that she's not alone in the room~

My Lord Rensain! *hiccups* Forgive me, am I intruding? I thought I could brighten things up a little while I had some time to myself. *hiccups*

((OOC: Hi Hawkeye, welcome to Aegis! I don't think Vlad is in the room yet. Rensain used a mindlink to talk to him, which is like telepathic communication.))
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Occ   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-29, 09:29

I know, Hawk is talking to Rensain. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 18:54

<< Vlad enters the room from a large set of double doors at the back, yelling over his shoulder in a foreign tongue as he does so, the doors swinging closed behind him. He looks around the room noting Amarra and Rensain...and someone new, someone attempting to peak behind the dust cover over one of his book shelves.>>

Rensain, if your friend is a book dealer he needs to be in the library, those are leftover ledgers of the former council chamber...I am saving them to light the fire places later.

<< He casts his eyes toward Amarra.>> And to what do we owe the honor of your waddle here today?
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Woopsi!    Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 19:05

" Sorry sir! My nose for books tends to get me into trouble." Hawkeye Lowers his head. "I presume you are the lord of this castle?" He feels his face flush at his utter stupidity and commonness in the emerging opulence he finds himself in. This will be a fine room indeed once it is finished he thinks to himself as he draws away from the cloth separating him from the books.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 19:39

Rensain straightened up as the adoring Lady Amarra entered the room, his lips twitching into a dazzling smile. He stepped aside as she walked through, took her delicate hand and kissed it. "My good Lady, you fair well. I see your hiccups have not calmed. Surely my wife might have a solution in her apothecary?"

His eyes only left hers at the Baron Vladamir arrived. Gently yet with firmness, he let go of her hand and replaced his arm behind his back. "Baron Vladamir, my apologies for disturbing you from important matters. This gentleman cannot remember where he is from OR where he is now. I thought him a good candidate for working with your wife, since he does not know of her reputation." He smirked and paused for Vladamirs' reply.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 20:20

~smiles at Rensain but doesn't answer, as Vlad enters the room. She stiffens but manages to nod respectfully. She gestures to her basket of winter flowers~

I didn't expect to find anyone here, my lord, and hoped to freshen the air a bit for whoever might come. The waddling will be more pronounced at a later date if you should need some entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 20:58

<< Vlad waves the boy's apology off>>

There are worse things to be addicted to than books. The library is down the hall to the left, you can't miss it, it's the three story room full of books.

<< He raises an eyebrow at Rensain.>> What did hew do to you that makes you want to sentence him to that? It is one thing not to know her reputation, it is another to just throw the boy into the fire without any forewarning or training.

Boy, do you have any family?

<< He turns without waiting for an answer to Amarra>> Ava wants to hold a ball here in the near future, I guess she has decided that being married to her is not painful enough for me so now we have to entertain again just to I remember that I am being punished. be a dear and find her to help her plan. And for the love of the gods, let keep the budget under the national income.

<< He turns back to Hawkeye, waiting for his answer.>>
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 21:03

"None that I am aware of."
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 21:34

*Ava's carriage urgently pulled up outside the castle gates and she stormed out of the carriage door before it had even fully stopped and the footman could help her. Her red velvet gown got a little splashed with mud as she hurried inside.

"Where is Vlad?!" She yelled, her voice echoing through the corridor. Shaking her head, she marched to his study. Not seeing him there, she moved with towards to the throne room. "Vladamir...." She shook her head when she opened the double doors to the throne room and saw everyone gathered.

"Husband! Do you forget you have a wife?? I have been calling you. We have to talk, I've never been so disrespected!" Her emerald eyes flashed with fury. Slumping into a nearby covered chair, she looks to the others. "Amarra, fluff my pillows, I feel a headache coming on. Oh, my temples."

After a few seconds, she looked at Hawkeye "WHO are you??!" she states and then, looking to Rensain "What are you up to now, you sniveling little elf."*
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 21:42

<< Vlad smiles slightly at the knowledge the boy is alone, it will make his duties far less worrying. As bathy blows into the door he frowns, shaking his head as she begins her rambling>>

Dear, calm yourself. This is...I have no idea what your name is boy....he is your new valet. Rensain hired him, which answers your last question, and stop being rude to my employees.

Amarra, go fluff a pillow for her please, it will be far more convenient and easy on the rest of us if you do.

Now, since you so rudely barged into my home, do tell what it is that has suddenly made you forget all grace in the face of guests...
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 21:52

Hawk Remains silent sensing that he is in grave danger somehow. And he doesn't want to piss neither Ava nor Vlad off. He shifts uneasily from side to side cowering slightly with all the yelling. HE just stands with his eyes downcast, not wanting o make eye contact for fear of encouraging wrath upon himself.
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 22:16

Looking down for a brief moment Ava took a deep breath, materializing a glass of red wine. She looked at Amarra and smiled faintly "I'm glad you're back here." Then, turning her eyes upon Hawkeye she frowned and looked to Vlad and Rensain.

"A Valet?" She repeated. "Why do I need one of those?" Her tone was filled with suspicion. She looked at Hawkeye "Have they paid you to spy on me, dear? If so, you're a fool to take their money." Clearly Ava was bothered and shaken.

Pausing to calm, Ava sipped on her wine. She spoke to the room in general with Vladamir and his comment of her being rude to guests in her mind. "I'm sorry." then, looking to Vladamir to answer his question about what was concerning her, she replied "Kinsen! That man called me a petulant child!! A CHILD!" Her eyes misted over "He said I don't matter!!!"

Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 22:31

<< Vlad sighs, a chair of shadow forming behind him as he sits>>

Now, tell me why in the nine flaming hells you would be doing something as ridiculous as talking to Kinsen for any length of time that was not an absolute requirement. Then tell me why you would throw a tantrum over some false Knight....
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 22:46

"I didn't go to Icehold to see HIM. I was there to see Angel, and he happened to be there, all smug sitting next to her on the throne. Acting like the cat that got the cream. I went to talk to her about the child of ours that she has in her care and she had a blank look on her face, as if she had forgotten all about the whole...ordeal. She didn't even know..." Ava paused and looked down and shook her head, her eyes downcast. "She didn't even know if it was a boy or a girl."

A few more gulps of wine later, she pulled a lace napkin and wiped some tears before they spilled. "Oh Vlad...I asked her a question and she looked directly to HIM. To Kinsen, for direction. I didn't like it, so I lured him for a walk in the gardens and told him what I thought of it - and pointed out how it might look to everyone. He practically laughed in my face!!" Her cheeks flushed red. "He....said...you wouldn't believe what he said next!" She became aware of her surroundings. "We must talk in private."

Ava got up from her seat, but then dramatically slumped into it again. Her red velvet gown covering the whole seat. Looking to Rensain, she directly ordered "Do not speak a word of this to Jaric. Don't you dare." and her eyes looked to Hawkeye "..Nor you. Unless Jaric asks. Don't lie to the man, dear gods. Not if you wish to stay alive."
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 22:53

I still know nothing. (To Ava)
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 22:54

~stands there stunned as the two of them converse. The last time she had seen Bathory, she'd told her she was going away. At her command to fluff pillows ((ha ha Razz)) she nearly drops her basket but catches it just in time. She wants to say something, anything, wants to run and hug the woman, but now doesn't seem like the time. Instead, she quietly moves off toward the door to do as asked, a look of shock still plastered to her face~
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 23:01

ooc Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2014-12-31, 23:06

<< Vlad shakes his head>> No dear, I will deal with that one. Have no fear, what importance he feels he has in any realm, or with anyone for that matter is in his mind alone. You see, there are things that I know about that one that should best be kept quiet, you leave him to me.

Now, since we have all agreed this matter is a non-issue for the time being, Rensain, get this man a proper uniform and attire, see him lodged somewhere in this bloody place, and figure a salary for him.

Amarra...why haven't those pillows been fluffed yet?

Ava dear, Get back to planning the ball and think no more of it.

ML Victoria Winterhaven:" We may have an issue, meet me in my office."
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2015-01-02, 21:00

OOC: Happy New Year!!

Ava's foot tapped impatiently and her arms were crossed under her chest. She looked across to Amarra the frown left her face. Just seeing Amarra's expressed joy at the prospect of fluffing pillows caused her to suddenly break out into laughter. "Dear gods, Amarra! Have things been so dull in my absence that you feel the need to be happy over the smallest of orders?"

She turned her attention to the gentlemen in the room. Beginning with Vladamir, she nodded in his direction. "Be sure the matter is dealt with as you see best, my love." Then, looking to Hawkeye. "So what is your name, dear? Didn't you hear Vladamir? We're going to have a ball, and it looks as though you are invited." She smiled and awaited Hawkeye's answer.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2015-01-02, 21:04

Hawkeye could not believe his luck, he had not expected to have nearly this much attention upon his arrival, nor a job so fast. A warm sensation started prickling on his skin as he thought about how highly he now regarded Vlad, Ava, and Renny. Thats' when he noticed they were all being suspended by their feet about two feet off the ground. He was mortified to say the least but before he could do any thing he had dropped them. Then all he could think about was that he wished he could just diasapear next thing he knew he couldn't see his hands. At that he just dropped to his knees and came back into sight. he buried his face in his hands clearly shaken.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2015-01-02, 21:12

((OOC: Woops, thought I'd had Amarra leave already. Boy am I rusty! And Happy New Year!))

~with a startled look around at everyone, she takes a tiny, tentative step toward Bathy before remembering she'd been given orders. Visibly shaking herself, she hurries out of the room, to Bathy's chambers~
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2015-01-02, 22:26

(( OOC: No problem, Amarra! My bad. I thought you were still in the room!))

Ava noticed the chair begin to lift, with her sat on it and upwards she went until a full two feet. A raised eyebrow as she looked to Vlad and saw he was at the same height. "What in the devil? " Her mouth was one of shock until she looked to Hawkeye and all of them dropped back down to the ground.

"You! Stop with the magic, immediately!" she ordered.
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime2015-01-02, 22:36

<< Vlad lands on his feet lightly, looking a the boy unamused.>>

While I have no particular issue with magic in general, I do appreciate it being used on someone else, and with a bit more control. Now, explain to us why you felt the need to levitate half the nobility of Aegis only to unceremoniously drop them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)   Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introductions.. (Meriddian Palace)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next