Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To discuss a shared art

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander Carthallion

To discuss a shared art Empty
PostSubject: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2012-09-13, 22:11

[[ Alex walks through the halls of the main castle, nodding and waving to the people around him as if he had known them his entire life. His seven foot frame blacksmith's frame moves easily despite his size and the massive hammer hung at his hip. His clothes hide the fact that he is a member fo the Auroran Royal Family, a simple cotton shirt, heavy leather pants and his scarred blacksmith's apron.

He stops outside the door to the main hall, where he assumes he will find Ralean, and knocks, nodding to both guards posted outside before enterring without waiting for a reply.]]
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2012-09-17, 13:05

~Ralean sstands in the hall, flirting quietly with a lovely female servant. He is leaning against a table, one hand resting upon a canvas covered object protectively. As the doors open, he turns his head, and breaks into a boyish grin. Turning back to the girl, he ushers her off politely under some pretense, and turns his full attention to Alex. He lifts one arm in greeting, the other not leaving the covered object. 'Welcome, old friend! Would you care for a drink, or perhaps some food? I trust your journey was well?"~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2012-09-28, 20:41

[[ Alex crosses the hall in a few quick strides, clapping his massive hand onto Ralean's shoulder in greeting.]]

A short trip always goes well, but then there are few out there that are willing to face a bear wanderring the road. As for the drink, water, and plenty of it.

[[ He looks at the coverred object under Ralean's hand, the clear curiosity making his eyes sparkle like a child's at Christmas]]

So...what are we going to play with today?
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2012-10-06, 00:44

~Ral grins, staggering slightly under the force of the greeting and returning it with his free hand. he gestures for a nearby servant to fetch a pitcher of water, and he looks a long time at Alexander before slowlyunwrapping the object before him, to reveal the golden scale bearing the mark of the High Lady of Nexus.

"You of course, will recognize this." his voice is very soft, full of memory. He runs a hand along the smooth, burnished scale. "I was thinking perhaps we could make something of it more fitting of her legacy."~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-01-01, 20:48

[[ Alex runs a hand over the polished surface, as if in the presence of a holy relic, his frame shiverring as he touches the solid metalic scale]]

I would not ask how it survived....but I am honored you would even consider me worthy of such a task...

[[ He shakes his head, still not sure he is seeing the scale for real]]

What did you have in mind my freind? It is nearly large enough for a sheild as is, but that is not what you wish made...
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-01-09, 23:24

~Ralean smiles a fond sort of smile. "You know me well, old friend. I admit, I too am at a loss. She was too fierce a spirit for this testament to her to hang as decoration is some hall, though. It does her no honor, and no glory. It stands, though, that the last sons of Nexus wish to see her remembered with a legacy befitting her grace." he touches the edge of the burnished gold, flooded with memories. He turns his hand in a gesture of loss, the dark outline of black lines on his wrist where the insignia on the plate was inked into the skin just above his wrist.

"I was hoping though, that with your vision, you could see a fitting shape for this, the way you seem to see what rests within the stone and metal, the way I see the figure that will come from a block of wood." He gives a grin. "Between the two of us, I think we could come up with something."~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-01-22, 19:42

[[ Alex nods, his mind already racing over the possibilities inherent in the item. He looks at the scale as he would any metal, seeing the power in the material overlayed on the whole.]]

There are several ways to do this...she was above all a protector of her realm, but you and your brother have no need of more armor...and there was no doubt to any that the High Lady was a warrior...but her magic ws her strenght, and you two are not mages...though with the aid of some of Jaric's battle casters we may yet pay her proper respects.

[[ he drops his eyes to the tattoo on Ralean's arm.]]

Bracers for your brother...to match the sheild you already bear...as for you, a blade is not called for, but perhaps it is time you had a bow to rival your other weapons...
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-01-22, 23:20

~Ral smiles faintly. "I trust your vision, my friend. You know better than I what you see in this. But with the coming storm...aye, this is a battle to fight, and the glory will do her justice in any form. Blade or bow, it will be borne in good cause. Bracer or shield, it will be used to defend something greater." he gives a soft laugh. "Aye, there I go, being sentimental."~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 20:33

[[ Alex laughs, the sound rining off the walls]]

Indeed, but what a lady to reminisce over. She was a great one, who would be honored to defend a realm such as this. Now, on to another matter. I have a gift for you and your men, it is in the wagon outsie.

Jaric has orderred that all of his troops be re-armed. Since the armory at Raven'sCrest has been pillaged, I have done what I could here. You will find the blades are ready, I will deliver the armor in a months time. It should be enough to arm your finest men first, and we will get the rest taken care of.

As for the old steel....I have sent my apprentices to inspect your arms supply...they were not impressed, but we can make due with what is there.

[[ Alex smiles as he speaks of his apprentices, the mage of the grizzled dwarven masters reaction if they knew something he finds infinitely amusing.]]
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 20:46

~ral smiles, a genuine smile. "Aye, she was indeed great. A graceful mistress. She was Nexus."

At the mention of a "gist" Ral lifts a brow, and upon elaboration he brings his hands together. 'Splendid! This is a most gracious gift. We have the Gate Warden and Artillerist of the Dragon Watch training our men in siege and defense here as well."

He chuckles. "Are these weapons of Auroran design, or do we have Auroran forging of Aegean weapons?"~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 20:55

[[ Alex smiles at Ralean's excitement]]

They are the last of the supply I had made for the Dragon Knights, Auroran steel and Carthallion marks. The excess that Jaric did not need. The armor to come will be the same, though it will nopt be black, nor bear the insignia of course. The black armor and white cloaks must still be earned, though there is rumor that our Queen will form her own elite guard from the Aegean soldiers, to give them something to aspire to that is Aegean, not another borrowed Auroran title.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-02-17, 21:01

~Ral nods. "The men will need time. Auroran weapons are heavier, thicker, slower than Aegean ones. The armor, too, is of heavier stock. They will grow into it, though. There is a necessity for that."

He grins. "Aye, the idea has been passed around, of creating an Aegean force of pride, though I dare say the Baron's horse soldiers would be better suited. And the Aegean horse archers are already peerless. Even the hunter could learn about mounted archery from these men."~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-02-20, 20:21

[[ Alex's eyes light up]]

Mounted archers....light plate armor, full articulation....I have a new idea....
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-02-20, 21:24

~Ral grins, perking up at the idea and Alex's enthusiasm. "Mounted heavy horse archers? A bit slow, I'd say. The horses would need to be faster than Auroran warhorses, but hardier than Aegean thoroughbreds." He laughs. "We'll have to convince Vlad to breed some horses for us."

And our spearmen. Aye, mayhaps not an Auroran pike block, but with the range of the archers, a force to be reckoned with."~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-03-02, 20:17

[[ Alex looks at him with a frown]]

Have you forgotten who you are talking to? We will make it light enough to put them on riding horses if you wished and still make it as strong as Auroran steel.

Speed and force, a perfect match. And as for Pikes...I hate pike. So boring. No metal to speak of save the blades, and if you do make metal hafts for them then the average man is too weak to hold them...Too bad we don;t have ursine of our own.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime2013-03-02, 20:59

~Ral chuckles, nodding. "Aye, perhaps I do forget sometimes, old friend."he grins "Now imagine our archers mounted on Aurora war wolves. That would be a deadly sight to see."

He ponders a moment "But how else do we get the range and charge dispersion of a pike formation? And as for our own ursine..." he shrugs "I'd hate to twist a creature as magnificent as an ice bear with the magics required to do that."~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To discuss a shared art   To discuss a shared art Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To discuss a shared art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Grorr-
Jump to: