Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The New Way - A Meeting of Minds

Go down 
+11
Vladamir Carthallion
Kharne Serafin
Arianna Serafin
Kinsen
Giligian
Catona
Jared Crimsonflame
Amarra
Ralean SwyftBlade
Verran Dracos
Angel
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-11, 22:48

~Ralean sees Vlad enter, and looks at the other Aurorans, heaving a deep sigh. Well, if blood was going to be spilt, this would be the cause, thoguht part of him expected it would not be intitiated by the Baron. He makes a note of the other entrants. Quite an interesting mixing pot. He downs his water, wishing once more it was something stronger, and refills it from a flagon, keeping a sharp eye on everything and generally desiring to leave well before he knew it would be polite to.

he catches jared's first mindlink and responds: "aye, for the most the faces are new. the names, not so much. however, it appears we shan't be alone long" referncing Maire and Rensain entering.

Before he can respond to the second ML, he sees Jared approach Vlad and leans forward, guessing clearly enough his qords, though he could not hear them. This could indeed prove to be a messy evening~

Last edited by Ralean SwyftBlade on 2012-02-11, 22:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Giligian

Giligian

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-11, 22:52

~~Gil moves to the food tables, sampling tidbits here and there, not especially hungry, but curious at the cuisine. He takes note of the people entering, but not knowing their faces, he does not commit their words to memory as they introduce themselves. He moves to the tables opposite the room from Ralean, having recieved his mind link and thinking that perhaps a second perspective could be helpful in case of a threat.

he gathers a small plate of snacks and takes a seat, pouring himself a glass of water and remaining as cultured as he can, all the while resisting an urge to put his feet up on the table.~~
Back to top Go down
Catona

Catona

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-11, 22:57

=Catona keeps his eyes on the baron when he enters, taking a step closer to Angel as he speaks. His eyes are expressionless as they stare at Vlad, as unblinking as the Baron's own, and the seemless metallic limb slides subtley to a more ready position on the halberd haft=
Back to top Go down
Kinsen

Kinsen

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-11, 23:04

=Kinsen starts as the Baron enters, and comes to his feet, a sign of respect for a member of the royal family, and an obvious alert response to the threat the man posed. he looked around at the other faces, and felt the tension that was caused by Vlad's entrance. He looked at Angel, and Catona, and back at Vlad, nodding in grudging respect as the man looked around and noticed him, and rested his hands on the table, a quick motion away from his weapons. This night, he mused, could potentially go very poorly.=
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-11, 23:26

Angel was still smiling as Rensain and Maire entered the room. She remembered their conversations from the Thunderlands very well, and felt that she liked the couple deeply. They held a strong sense of pride and maturity, and had made her feel extremely welcome whilst she and Jaric had been there. Now Angel wanted to do the same.

"Lord Rensain, Lady Maire.." she began, her blue eyes shining with delight. "You both look as though you are doing very well. Thank you for making the effort to be here." She rose from her seat and came down the steps, lightly embracing the Lady Maire with a polite hug, then she released her and moved on to Rensain her hand reaching to shake his. Then her attention turned back to Maire "Oh my..you look so radiant." Angel added, commenting of her pregnancy. "Surely it cannot be long now?" Angel asked. Her attention remained on the couple - she had not noticed the conversations going on between the other guests.

Her eyes did, however, catch Kinsen's response to Vladamir. She bit her lip quickly, and MindLinked him. "Kinsen..we need to talk, I want to explain a few things." She was refering to Vladamir's presence. "For now, leave him be.."
Back to top Go down
Kinsen

Kinsen

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-11, 23:32

=Kinsen nods to ANgel, and noticing the pair speaking to Vlad, moves to a table to get some food, not feeling hungry, but wishing to move about. He nods to the man sitting alone nearby, the large one that had introduced himself as a servant of Baron SwyftBlade, and puts some small amount of food onto his own plate before moving back to his seat, refilling his glass and sitting lightly, even in armor, on guard now=
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-12, 00:09

<< Vlad continues to watch the room, not looking at the boy when he speaks>>

I am going to assume you are referring to your mother, unless of course you are asking after the Lady Victoria, in which case, she is presently tending to business matters elsewhere.

<< he pulls a flask from his coat pocket>>

As for your mother, I am surprised your dear wife has not already told you. In fact, I am actually rather appalled that she would withhold such information from you, since she has known now for weeks what hs been happening. For the sake of the rest of our evening I would suggest you speak with her first, then we will settle any furhter questions you may have, once the gatherring is over.

<< He takes a quick drink from the flask watching the door and smiling as Rensain arrives.>>

We are almost all here...the show will start shortly, I suggest you find a seat boy.
Back to top Go down
Wulfgang

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-12, 00:12

~ WulfGang leans back on the wall beside Ralean~

So, did I miss anything yet?

~ The grizzled looking old man is dressed in leather armor that has seen its fair share of wear and has a short sword strapped to his hip. In his hand is a bottle, the lable clearly dwarven, and to Ralean's eye, Nexan,~
Back to top Go down
Alexander Carthallion

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-12, 00:17

[[ The entrance to the throne room darkens as Alex's seven foot frame enters. He is dressed in a silver tunic bearing the crest of House Carthallion and heavy leather pants, at his hip is a massive hammer, the tool of his trade. He scans the room with his ever-present smile, nodding to everyone as he approaches the throne with all the formality of a child coming home from school. ]]

You know, little sister, if you had wanted a new seat I could have made you one, you didn't have to beat up Vlad and take his.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-12, 00:32

~Ral looks at Wulfgang and grins. "Well, there are walking corpses, and living corpses. No one have made a complete fool of themselves to the new management, though the former crown prince has decided to chide Vlad like a fishmonger's wife. I have seen this much hot air since the last dragon I fought, and i have a feeling that someone may do something incredibly stupid before the evening is done."

he raises his glass to the man. "Aye, and all our gracious queen thought to serve this evening was water, and that's a shame. if ever a night has called for a strong drink, it was this one. " he takes another drink and looks around. "The queen seems well-managed though. She has her honor guard, and her real guard, and of course, the watchers in the crowd." he gestures to Kinsen, who had started up at Vlad. "The admiral took offense to Vlad's presence but was gracious enough to pass it off as respect. a True knight that one. No doubt the Hunter has his bow trained on him, and is chomping at the bit to put an arrow through him. The twins are as beautiful and implacable as ever, and eventually out of the fools and flatterers and men who wish to plot in secret, some idiot will speak out and get himself killed." he laughs low, "Aye, and it seems that all we're missing now to make a perfect catastrophe is the dracolich, the old queen, Jaric, and maybe a couple rampaging beasts." He takes another sip of water before turning a more serious look to Wulfgang.

"The Gate Keeper. How is it that he is here?"~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-12, 11:36

((Fishmongers wife? Ralean, really?LOL))

~He listened carefully to what Vlad was saying, his demenor unwavering. He didn't even react as Vlad spoke of Amarra knowing something. He wanted the truth, not trouble, and any that would think that he was about to start a fight in the throne room of Jaric and Angel clearly didn't know him well.

That being said, his anger was still boiling and he would have answers. He nodded to Vlad and began to move away, pausing only as Amarra took his arm. He turned to her "I asked you to wait for me..did you not trust me?" She too, had to give him answers, and nothing peeved him off more than knowing that yet again, Vladamir knew something that he didn't. That part had stung more than any. What could she know that she hadn't told him?

Walking to the side of the room with Amarra, he spoke to her in MindLink "He seems to think you know where she is. Now is not the time, but we need to discuss this." ~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-12, 12:18

~somehow manages to wait till she and Jared walk away from Vladamir before rolling her eyes, and not at Jared. She doesn't bother speaking out loud as they move off to the side of the room, only sends a mindlink~

((Sent in a private message))
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 11:38

Rensain was surprised at how well recieved he was from the Queen, and for this, he was quite relieved. He smiled, nodding politely as Angel came down the steps to speak to them. Proud of his wife, he stood there straight and listened to the conversation between the two women, eventually adding "Thank you for your kind words, Your Majesty."

Noting that Amarra had talked to him telepathically, he took his time but returned the mindlink, his tone warm and welcoming. "Ah, the beautiful Lady Amarra - of course we can talk. What seems to be troubling you?" He was not aware that Amarra and Jared were in the corner of the room and that he might be interupting something of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 12:07

Jared heads towards the drinks table and frowns, noting that its mainly juices and water. He refrains from speaking out loud about that arrangement, in his mind still talking to Amarra. He opts for two glasses of water, and takes one to Amarra.

"Here, have this at least..." He said, handing it to her "It might calm your hiccups." He grinned, and took some of his own water, listening to Amarra talk to him still and watching Rensain and his wife talk to Angel. He noticed how happy the new and young Queen looked. Perhaps..it wouldn't all be so bad after all. Then he shook his head. Ha! Who was he kidding?
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 12:26

Maire placed a hand on her burgeoning stomach and smiled graciously to the Queen "Indeed my lady it should be to my reckoning anytime. Babies have a way of deciding when they wish to come into the world so we wait. I feel well though and so thought to accompany my husband and to get a chance to see you as well. " She knew that Angel probably had a lot on her agenda as the room was filling up and many people would be wanting her attentions, and that was aside from the reason they had all been called here.

"If there is anything I can help you with milady, heistate not to ask. I have a tea shop here in Merridia and have quite a supply of different teas. If you wish a some samples I would be happy to accomadate you. I like to experiment with different blends" she bowed her head once again as she held to Rensains arm for a bit of balance. Her condition at times made her a bit less then graceful and this was not the time to stumble.
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 12:34

~drinks the water gratefully and glances over at Rensain from where she and Jared stand talking privately. Her mindlink back to him is rushed, and a bit flustered, but polite and with a touch of warmth~

"Forgive me, Lord Rensain, but please give me a few moments, if you would. I'd like to speak in person, if that's acceptable."
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 13:26

~What was said in Mind Link between him and Amarra caused him to go as white as a sheet. His once relaxed posture with the drink tensed, and he straightened, dropping the glass on the floor. It was the second smash of the evening, but rather than being appologetic and looking down, his stare was straight ahead, at nothing. It was if his mind was trying to grasp a concept far too great for his own good.

"Are you...are you serious? Are you sure?" He said, his tone quiet to Amarra, trying to regain his senses. This was all new to him. It was not as if the news was unwelcome, but completely unexpected. "p.." he began, trying again "preg...pregnant?"~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 13:43

~winces at the glass dropping and hurriedly pulls the water up through the air to herself, replacing it into her own glass as she hopes there isn't too much of a disturbance because of it. Jared's reaction is not what she expected, and she bites her lip, unsure of how exactly she should continue. Her voice is very soft, just above a whisper~

Well... It's too soon for me to be able to feel if there's extra water there, but my people don't get sick as I've seen women here do. We... hiccup. That's the only time. Ever. It really is ridiculous. You should have seen when two of my aunts were pregnant at the same time. They could barely hold a conversation sometimes. Most of the time women just don't go to the surface at all to avoid it. Lots of my people never go anyway, so most don't miss it. My father's family always liked the air on occasion, though.

~laughs softly, knowing she's babbling and feeling self conscious~
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 14:07

~He didn't even know what she was saying anymore. Oh sure, Jared could hear her words, but they weren't really sinking in. He put his hand to the wall to steady himself, feeling a little light headed. He had to pinch his nose.

MindLinking Ralean, Gil, and Kharne at the same time by accident he tries to reach out, his tone weak as he thought he wasn't sure if he was going to be sick. "Ral...Ral...she has hiccups. Amarra has huccups." He continues, trying to explain but the shock was still at his doorstep "Her aunt had hiccups, now I'm going to have little hiccups...I'm going to be a dad.."

That was it, he saw blackness as his head first hit the wall and then his feet buckled underneath him. For the first time in his life, he had fainted.~
Back to top Go down
Vladamir Carthallion
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 20:53

<< Vlad casts a glance at the prince as he falls to the floor, shaking his head>>

I am going on record now as saying that I am in no way responsible for this one folks...the boy's fainting or the fish being pregnant.

<< he looks back to the door as if he is waiting for someone.>>
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 21:01

~Ral looks away from Wulfgang as Jared falls, sighing heavily. "Well, there that goes." he stands, making his way over to the prince and hoisting up onto his shoulder. "Wulfgang, bring that bottle if you would, I feel he may need a little warmth to revive." he makes his way with his burden to the balcony. pushing the doors open and leaning Jared against the rails. He calls for a servant. "I need a flagon of cold water, and a change of clothes for him. something fit for the occassion. Bring them out here"~
Back to top Go down
Wulfgang

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 21:07

~ Wulfgang nods, producing a small shotglass from out of nowhere and following Ralean as he pours, only about half an ounce, the vapor rising off the liquid shimmerring in the air and seeming to leave a vapor trail.~

Damn, bad enough the boy can't hold his liquor, but he can;t handle his women either...

~ he holds the glass out to Ralean, expecting the Wyrmslayer to down it himself before simply slapping the boy awake. ~

Hell of a way to get out of a party though.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-13, 22:50

~Ral chuckles. "Maybe he's just smarter than he looks at this point. Maybe if we tell them he died he'll have the good sense to play along and run while he can." He takes the proferred shot, downs it quickly, swallowing hard at the burn, and holds the empty glass under Jared's nose, hoping the fumes would rouse him. Barring this, he reached for the flagon of water unstoppering it one handed.~
Back to top Go down
Amarra

Amarra

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-15, 05:26

~cringes as Jared falls, then watches in stunned silence as he's carried off to the balcony. That could have gone much better. Feeling a little self conscious, and more than a little nervous about how he's going to react when he comes to, she drains every last drop of water from her glass and moves off into the room toward Rensain and Maire, watching for a moment to make sure she's not interrupting them before she approaches~
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime2012-02-15, 09:35

Although Angel had noticed Alexanders presence in the room, she kept her focus on Rensain and Maire, listening to their replies with a smile and a nod. She welcomed Maire's invitation to try some tea's. "That would be lovely, Lady Maire. Perhaps when you and your new family are settled then you could come back to the Palace and we could try some samples of different blends."

Angel was about to continue with what she was saying when she heard the "thump" of Jareds head hitting against the wall. She turned and looked just in time for him to hit the floor. "Oh dear..." she said, more to Rensain and Maire as they were all standing so close. She frowned a little, wondering what was going on.

Turning back to Maire and Rensain she said "Please, enjoy the evening. If you need to lie down, Lady Maire, do not think I will be offended.." With a nod of her head politely, she dismissed them and turned around, walking up the stone steps to the throne. She was about to order some guards to help Jared of the room but she could see, with a grateful sigh, that Ralean was already there and removing him.

Pulling a servant closer, she said "Tell me what happened..." For a few moments, she listened with interest, her eyes growing a little wider as she looked at Amarra, and then the doors where Ralean had taken Jared onto the balcony. Covering her mouth, she simply sat there. Then it started...a small giggle. She tried to stop it by biting her lip, but that made it worse. Suddenly, she was laughing out loud, and louder.

She couldn't imagine what Amarra was going through, but she tried to imagine Jaric doing the same thing and thats what made it funnier. This massive hulk of a man in plate armor, the Warlord and King of the Harsh Lands of Aurora, fainting on the floor like a girl at news that she was expecting. "Oh...Oh...my.." she said, trying to stop herself from laughing. This was supposed to be a serious meeting, she would have to work harder to contain herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Way - A Meeting of Minds   The New Way - A Meeting of Minds - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Way - A Meeting of Minds
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next