Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A change of Ownership

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

A change of Ownership Empty
PostSubject: A change of Ownership   A change of Ownership Icon_minitime2012-01-29, 21:15

Rensain had recieved a letter which confirmed that the contract between Angel and Vladamir had been signed. He rose up from the comfortable seat at his desk and made his way to the door. Opening it, he called a servant to fetch his lady love, his precious wife, Maire. "Fetch me a fresh jug of water and two glasses." He ordered.

Shutting the door, he returned back to his desk and read the letter once again. So this was it? Aegis was now in the hands of the Aurorans. Slumping back into the leather chair by the fire he mind linked Maire "I'm sorry to trouble you, my love, but this is important. Please come to my study.." knowing she was pregnant, he privately cursed himself for making her come to him, but he didn't want the staff to overhear what he had to say.

Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A change of Ownership   A change of Ownership Icon_minitime2012-01-30, 11:33

Maire had been resting. The tension of the visit had gotten to her and even though their guests had gone she had felt exhasted. Her beloveds voice carressed her mind while she was in the solarium. The construction was done however the plants still needed time to grow and fill the place with the greenery and color that she longed for in a garden.

Setting down her book and rising off her cushion she tugged on her dress so that it lay smoothly over her swollen stomach. A quick rake of her hand through her hair and she made the journey to Rensains office. A rustle of damask and a waft of fragrance was all that signified her passing through the halls .

She dispensed with knocking as he had called her in and after closing the door behind her she reguarded Rensain for a moment. He seemed to be deep in thought, she heistated to break him from his reverie but did so with a voice as soft as silk.

"Rensain...I take it that there is something rather important. Not another guest visit I hope ...." that would be the least of their worries, she was afraid that he had gotten message that all out war had broken out.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A change of Ownership   A change of Ownership Icon_minitime2012-01-30, 12:29

Rensain remained at the desk, his eyes dark and thoughtful. He glanced strongly towards the door, his expression softening at the sight of his beautiful wife. She looked even more desireable, pregnant and glowing with his children. Swiftly, Rensain had risen to his feet and had moved around the desk, taking his wife into a warm embrace. None other ever recieved such tender treatment, but Maire deserved his love and affection. He was honored to have hers.

His hand brushed along her stomach, almost in private greeting to his children. Brushing his lips along her hair and kissing her lightly across the forehead, Rensain finally spoke. "My love, things will be changing. I have recieved message that it is done - the realm is no longer Ava Bathory's. It belongs to the Aurorans now and I have been summoned to the Meridian Palace in three days time to discuss the new government." He exhaled deeply, he had not wanted to worry her, but he also knew that she was a woman of great strength.

"At least I can safely assume that our two realms are not at war, but just how the Aurorans will change things here in Aegis I do not know." He paused briefly, adding. "I..can only hope that I still have a position there." His hand ran affectionately across the smoothness of her cheek, and once again he gave a small kiss to her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A change of Ownership   A change of Ownership Icon_minitime2012-01-30, 13:06

The tenderness he showed was for her alone and given to private moments for the most part. Many would not see this side of Rensain. She took his hand and toyed with his fingers affectionatly as she looked into his dark eyes. "So it is done....there is something I need to tell you. While Jaric and Angel were here, Vlad came to my chambers and had a private conference with Angel. I was not allowed in and on pain of death my secrecy was demanded." she searched his eyes for any anger at her keeping the secret.

"It seems to me that this is a direct result of that meeting. I am sorry I did not tell you, had Jaric found out that his brother had been here, well I did not trust him to stay his wrath. " she gave pondered the unfolding news. "It seems that Aegis is turning and the new rule could bring many changes. " Good or bad for them was yet to be seen. "The people though I am sure are relieved to a degree...the threat of war is over and it was a bloodless coup."

She blew out a slow breath "Do you know how long you are going to be? Angel knows I am with child and surely she would allow you to be here." she knew how long these things tended to last" I of course could go with you and be there in the palace...would that be acceptable to you? Then you need not worry and I could be close to you"
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A change of Ownership   A change of Ownership Icon_minitime2012-02-04, 15:25

Although she would feel him quietly exhale, his chest rising and falling deeply, Rensain had no look of anger upon his features. Concern furrowed his brow, that Maire had been exposed to danger and then threatened. He listened carefully until she was done, his hand running up and down of her soft arm.

Finally, Rensain broke the silence. "Regardless..you do well to tell me now. Worry not, my beloved wife, it seems that no matter, everything is out of our hands. All we can do is sit tight and be told where to stand." Of course, anyone who knew Rensain would know that he would do anything but. With a small smirk, he added "or at least appear to be dancing to the strings of our so called puppet masters." He would say no more, but know that Maire would indeed understand.

His arms came affectionately around her waist, sliding to her beautiful baby bump. He took time to caress along the soft material of her clothes as he thought on the problem at hand. Should he remain with Maire, or go to the council meeting? After a few moments, his mind was still unsure. "Mmm, Maire..I am in quite the dilemma. I will not be without you, and I loathe the idea of making you come with me. Who knows what this meeting will have in store for us? I do not want you to be under any further distress...tell me, my love, what do you think is best?" She most of all, was one of the few whom could give advice to him.

Back to top Go down
Maire Caladore

Maire Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A change of Ownership   A change of Ownership Icon_minitime2012-02-11, 10:48

Maire placed her hands palms flat against his chest as she pondered his words. "The Kingdom, no matter Angels intent for good or ill, will be in turmoil. The change of rulership means a change in many things from markets, to what we can expect from the military. Will there be some people that are loyal to Bathory that resent Angel? I cannot tell you but what I can tell you is that I do not wish to be here in the Thunderlands alone. " she gave a rueful smile " As shown by Jaric and Angels "visit" our being away from the captial does not sheild us. "

She looked at him her eyes growing more serious "The chess board has changed and so have the pieces, its a whole other game now. This is a critical time, I would like to be with you either with you in the meetings or in the palace near you. If this does not please you then I ask that you let me stay at the apartment over my teashop. I am sure that I could see how things are going there while you are at meetings"

She looked worried for the first time." My fear is that there is going to be a lot of elbowing for the new monoarchys favor. " she shook her head. "Should the babies come I am sure that Angel will have enough compassion to let you be excused for a bit but nevertheless I do not wish to be far from you." she looked to him a small smile "Dark one ...please let me go with you?" she wasnt given to begging and she would follow his wishes if he wanted her to stay away from what was transpiring but she prayed he would let her stay near enough. The Thunderlands could be so far even with his magics she feared that something could interfere from his quick trip back to her should something happen.
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: A change of Ownership   A change of Ownership Icon_minitime2012-02-11, 14:09

His head leaned into Maire's, he spoke sincerely. "Maire..I don't know what is to become of the Kingdom. I can only ride the waves and hope that we arrive safely at the shore. Bathory was predictable, I know nothing of how Angel rules - the Aurorans are practically strangers to me."

He looked down to Maire catching the serious gaze that she had granted him. He nodded and listened carefully. She was right, the time was too delicate for him to be making any long trips without her. Rensain gave another squeeze of her body, his arms still wrapped tight.

"You're right..as always, my love. I am simply sorry to have to make you take the journey with me..but I know little else what to do. We'll face these matters together, and then come home to live in peace..possibly with our new children should they arrive." He had wanted her to have the twins there, in the safety and comfort of the Thunderlands, but it seemed no where was secure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A change of Ownership   A change of Ownership Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A change of Ownership
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Thunderlands-
Jump to: