Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

At the Crown, to meet a Queen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

At the Crown, to meet a Queen Empty
PostSubject: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-16, 10:26

~Ralean steps into the building shortly after nightfall, dressed in simple traveling garb, the muted earth tones of a hunter of seasoned traveler, well worn and road-stained. A long traveling cloak falls down from his shoulders, concealing the sword and dagger on his belt, his family blade and shadow dagger. His eyes cast about the room from habit, observing patrons and possible trouble makers, and more importantly: possible exits.

Approaching the bar, he settles himself into a stool near the end, grinning easily at the barkeep and ordering a drink, tossing the cost of it on the bar for the bartender to quickly scoop into his hand with deft practice. He gestures the proprietor closer, speaking in a quiet tone to be heard only by them. "If you would, so graciously inform the Queen that I am here." he slips a gold coin into the man's hand surreptitiously and pushes away from the bar, making his way to an empty table in a well-let part of the bar, his back to a wall to watch the door, and the comings and goings, drinking his ale slowly.~
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-16, 17:56

Ava was in the smokey backroom, dressed as a peasent for the evening. There was laughter and chatter which made the small and crowded room loud. Sat amongst other good looking men at the a poker game, Ava was also giggling and having a good time, appearing drunk. A servant came up and whispered in her ear, and Ava nodded.

"Very well..send him in.."

Ava looked to the others in the room and shrugged with a dramatic and heavy sigh. The servant would find Ralean and lead him in the general direction of the room. As soon as she saw his figure in the background, she recognized that her time of fun was up.

"Alright, alright..Gentlemen...its been a pleasure..time to go."

They groaned and there were shouts of friendly protest. Ava shook her head and raised her hands.

"No no..no more. You have to go. I have male company...its a Duke."

The crowd rauciously laughed.

"What??? I'm not good enough for a Duke now???"

None of course knew who she really was, and one gent drunkenly shouts out.

"A whores a whore - Duke or otherwise!"

She picked up an empty tankard and threw it in his direction.

"Shh, you! I could bed a King..now go."

The crowd laughed again in disbelief and they all began to shuffle from the room with mirth, shaking their heads and looking somewhat surprised to see Duke Ralean as they passed. Their laughter deminishing into a hushed silence. Ava rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Come in...shut the door - and thank you for coming."

Inviting him to a seat with her hand, she made sure that they were "alone" enough for her to talk normally.

"You're looking amazingly healthy..for someone who allegedly slept with Jaric's wife...but thats a silly rumor, isn't it now?"

She was watching Ralean carefully, she had to hear it from him. An ounce of reassurance that Jaric was not on her doorstep over this silly notion.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-17, 09:15

~Ral smiles pleasantly as the men filter out, shutting the door and casually sitting across from Bathory, leaning back in the chair with an easy smile. "I assure you, the pleasure is mine. I haven't seen your lovely face in quite a while, although, I dare say that the circumstances give me pause." he gives a small laugh.

He lifts a brow, grinning like a cat. "That's what this is about? Your network of gossipmongers and rumorhounds disappoints me. Who was it? Amarra? Jared? Rensain." he shakes his head, laughing heartily. "I can tell you my interactions with the young Queen were minimal, and never involved sleeping, let alone what your idiots imply. You've always surrounded yourself with lickspittles and fools, as befits a woman of station, but my dear queen, I think they've grown lazy in their complacency." he is being very light, the whole issue seeming rather a joke to him. "If you need it said plainly, no, I did not, and in fact, aside from my arrest and detainment, at which she was present beside her husband, we spoke only twice, and it was so mundane I forget the topic of conversation."

He nods to her. "This does bring up a question though...if it isn't me who has tensions building, who is it?"~
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-17, 14:11

She laughed lightly along with him as he mentioned not having seen her face in a while. Leaning back in her chair and upturning her palm, she materialised a glass of wine and took a thoughtful sip. Finally, she answered.

"Mm..it couldnt' be helped, unfortunately. I see that in my absence that chaos has broken loose."

Ava tilted her head to one side, letting some of her flame colored hair drift off her shoulder and infront of her face. She studied the Duke carefully whilst she took another sip of wine. Letting him finish all that he had to say on the matter of Angel and his encounters with her, she leaned forward onto the table.

"Lets not play games, dear. Its adorable but your timing couldn't be worse. Something must have set the others into believing such a chain of actions or they wouldn't be running to me as fast as their legs could carry them."

She raised her hand dismissively.

"Look..I trust your word on the matter and I'm pretty confident that had something happened, Jaric would never have let you leave Icehold."

Sighing Ava became serious. She rested her elbows on the table and shook her head.

"Quite honestly Ralean, you are right. I can't get a decent answer out of anyone regarding anything. Please don't find this laughable but I need your help. The Baron is unstoppable, and Jaric is no better. I need to avoid a war at all costs and either side seems determined to make it happen. I know whats happened and what Vladamir has done, but I can't speak of it. I just don't give a damn, I have to do what I can to minimize the damage. You have known the Aurorans a long time..what do you suggest?"
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-22, 14:19

~Ral looks at her matter-of-factly.

"Frankly, it is better for you to have them believe me to be the cause of this and run to you, than to let them know Vlad has antagonized this conflict, and have them run away from you. At this point, you need allies more than you need me to have an unblemished reputation."

He sighs heavily, thinking a moment. "An honest answer? Establish your priorities. If it's the Baron he wants, then let him fight his own battles. Otherwise..." he shrugs. "This kingdom cannot afford another war. The people won't stand to fight one either, not against men they fought besides, bled beside, and died beside." he looks at her, shaking his head softly. "The Aurorans are made of sterner stuff. They don't want war, but for their reasons, you will have war, unless you make their piece."

he clasps his hands together, his voice low, soft, and deadly serious. "Jaric is not a man to be swayed. WHatever Vlad has done, it has pushed Jaric to a point where he is willing to draw the blood of his own brother. I ask you to think on that a moment. Have you seen the divine fury of a man like that?" he pauses, taking a deep breath. "He will not be stopped. It is simply a matter of how many lives you're willing to casually throw under the boots of war." he shrugs, looking to Bathory as he awaits her response~
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-22, 21:27

"Ralean, he'll kill me - Jaric or Vladamir. They no longer have a use for me anymore and what I need to do is get out of dodge. I cannot save the people this way, the only thing I can think of is to let the realm fall to Jaric in order to minimalize the damage - but that means loosing everything...all my hard work. Years of sacrifice...for what?"

Ava put her head in her hands as one might when they have lost a considerable amount of sleep.

"I get the impression you don't care anymore...either you've changed, or you were this way all along."

Now she was getting personal, and really, it was unimportant. She inhaled and focused on the more politcal aspect at hand.

"I have nothing left. I'd give Jaric the Baron if I could catch the Baron in order to do so - even Vladamir knows this. However, Vladamir is untouchable, and I'd even say a danger to approach at this moment in time."

She paused.

"I can't save myself, Ralean. I have no money, no where to go...nothing left. Exactly how Vladamir wanted it...this is how he plays the game and you and I know it. If I leave, it will piss him off, he reminds me well how I am owned by him. So I ask you this - can you save Queen's as well as you do Dragons? Or will you walk away and let me hang?"

She looked down to her hands...they were shaking. Part of her feared Vladamir wasn't far and listening to the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-24, 22:53

~Ral looks at her with something akin to pity. This was no way for her to be. Caught between the hammer and the anvil.

"What are those years for continuing your existence? Besides, you're cursed, or blessed, with the luxury of time. You have plenty of time, but simply one life."

he shrugs, looking at his hands.

"These have always been your games. You always knew that...the pettiness, the infighting, the deception." he looks up at her, his eyes weary. "I've lost too many that I've loved for the sake of these foolish games. You ask me to help you save yourself, and I say that without you, I'd have lost much less." His voice is soft, calm, not accusing, just stating facts. "I've buried a brother, a wife, and more friends than I care to consider for these squabbles. And now, you tell me you fear more for the empire you've built than for the lives of the people in it. I'm only a man, Ava, and not gifted with longevity or foresight. I will grow old, and die...or perhaps not even get the luxury of dying old." he smiles sadly.

"Forgive a tired man his rantings, but it seems now that the problems of this kingdom are beyond my power, and what is past my help is past my care. I can no more save you than I can save myself, except to say this: there is a path of dignity in this end, though you've spent so long saving your own hide I think you've lost sight of it." he chuckles dryly. "Have my tongue or head for insolence, if you will, but you have not been human for a long time, and you've never had the luxury of giving the sympathy I feel for you now."

he drums his fingers lightly on the tabletop. "Jaric will not be stopped now. Nor will he grant any mercy but that of a quick death. But his young queen lies as the road to peace. She is the fire to his ice. The faith to his steel. If you must, seek through her common cause against the baron, and you may yet save yourself. Otherwise, I suggest the more time spent in Aegis, the less likely you will ever be allowed to leave, one way or the other."~
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-28, 20:55

Ava shook her head in disbelief when Ralean mentioned how she is cursed with time. Clearly, he did not understand the depth of the situation - or he did not want to. She stayed still and did not say a word until Ralean had completely finished. For a few moments, Ava just looked at him and contemplated his words.

"Ralean...I have offered you nothing but friendship and a good opportunity in this realm as a Duke. You are respected by my military and the people..." she paused very briefly, her voice unusually soft "I never intended for the wars..or for those you have lost for my cause. Ralean, we all have sacrificed much for this realm. My games were never foolish, they all had a higher purpose to keep this realm afloat. Everything I ever did was for the benefit of Aegis."

She rose from her seat and walked towards the window, her hand twisting the wedding ring upon her hand. Glancing down to it briefly, Ava looked back up and turned around to face Ralean who was still sat at the table. "I can understand your bitterness, you are not the only person who is tired...but if Jaric comes, he'll take everything..the realm will never be the same again."

Ava shook her head. "I see this doesn't bother you any..that you seem to think that the Queen of Aurora is more wonderous than I - a foolish notion if ever I've heard one. She's young and naive, and there's no way in hell I'll ever go to her. I resent your fondness of her, Ralean - I think I've treated you far better over the years"

Clearly, Ava was disappointed. "By expressing your loyalty to the Auroran Queen..you are commiting Treason. I hope I am mistaken and never hear you say such words again...truthfully, I'm dismayed...I expected more from you. I never realized you had such a clear hatred and sense of blame towards me."

Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-01-28, 22:20

~Ral chuckles. "Time has not given you much insight into the honest man, I fear." helooks back at her, a funny grin on his face. "You threaten me now, because you've come to expect fear. I have none. Of you, nor the baron, nor Jaric."

He shakes his head, smiling softly. "I know too well who benefited from it all, and in this especially, it is not your people. Call it treason if you will, but I'd rather a lost realm of people who will have children and grandchildren than a realm of corpses for the sake of pride. My head is not safe on my shoulders from any party, so if you're going to threaten me, kill me and have it done with, please. It's infinitely better than wondering who will have it on a platter first. Besides, I'm curious to see how you'd fare with only your fools to stand beside."

He looks at her a long moment. "You asked me to this position because you value my counsel, my honesty. Yet now you scorn it because your knees never learned to bend. She is young, she is naive...and she is the last chance Aegis has to not be turned into a wasteland. I have more loyalty to the people than to the crown, because without them, you have nothing. You know I have never hated you, or blamed you for much more than involving yourself in the things that put us in this position. And that, I know, you did in part for the realm."

He smiles sadly. "You asked for me to come, and if you merely wanted to kill me, you would have. Now either I'm your last option, or someone you think may have an answer." he shrugs, looking down at his hands. "I want just as badly as you to end this."~
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-02-02, 14:47

When Ralean said that time had not given her insight into the honest man, Ava rolled her eyes impatiently. "There is no such thing as the honest man, Ralean. My time here has certainly taught me that." But she was annoyed already, and his words of how she had tried to make him fear her caused her temper to boil.

"Stop with this, Ralean. You are all defensive and there is no need. I picked you as Duke because I valued your opinion and your bluntness. I also made the mistake of thinking that you were loyal - but I see you've given up, turned to the other side without attempting to fight for whats rightfully ours. Call it pride if you will, but you're mistaken."

Exhaling, Ava turned from the window and walked towards him. "You don't trust a damn thing I do - but if you did, you'd clearly understand that everything I do works in the Aegian favor. You think because you do not see me do things that I do nothing at all - I assure you it is not the case. Always, I try to avoid as many civilian deaths as possible."

Walking to the drinks cabinet, she poured herself another wine and sat down casually at the table. "Your little friend Angel knows nothing of how my Kingdom works - nor can she handle Jaric. She's disillusioned and I look forward to seeing her dead before she takes my realm." Her voice was detmined as she brought the wine glass to her lips and took a sip.

"Ralean. You are neither my last option, or someone whom I think has the answer...I see you as a friend." With this, she bit her lip. "Its a shame you are so suspicious of me..." Her voice trailed off as she glanced down at her drink and gave it a swirl.

A few moments of silence passed. "Here." she said, finally, reaching into a side cabinet she pulled some papers. "You might not be able to trust me..but I trust you." Returning back to the table she placed them down in front of him.

"I know my son Jared thinks highly of you...so...I know you will get these to him. In one envelope there is a locket, his father gave it to me when we were having our little affair." she smirked slightly, then shrugged. "..also...there's a large sum of money, the last of what I have left. Take twenty percent, its your cut. I want him to be financially secure." After a small pause she pushed the last of the envelopes across to him. "My last will and testiment."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-04-01, 14:01

((Sorry for the long delay. College pretty much keeps me down and out.))

~Ral smiles. "I've learned to be suspicious, of all comers, in this game, Ava." he watches her as she sets the papers down, and listens, looking to them a long moment. he looks up and nods, slowly touching the papers in a somber way.

He looks up at her a long quiet moment, udnerstanding flashing in his eyes. "My doubts and misgivings make me no less a faithful servant of the people, and a fast friend to your son." he pauses, and nods. "Aye, and to yourself, for all your flaws." he allows a soft smile and places the letters in a neat pile in front of him, his hands touching them as little as possible. "What is the next step, then?"~
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-08-07, 21:30

Her brow raised when he mentioned that she had flaws. Ava shook her head and mildly rolled her eyes.

"My son doesn't realize how lucky he is to have such a formidable ally"

She turned and began to walk towards the door until Ralean asked what was next. Pausing, she threw her red hair over one shoulder and glanced to him with those piercing emerald hues.

"Whats next? Who knows where the tide shall turn?"

With a small shrug, Ava shook her head and left the room. Into the corridor, she called back.

"Best of luck, Duke. Choose your side well and just maybe you'll live."
Back to top Go down
Ralean SwyftBlade

Ralean SwyftBlade

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime2011-08-07, 21:37

~Ral nods, remainingg seated as she began to leave. As she steps out and wishes him luck, he grins. "Aye, and you, m'lady, after this is over, find me. We'll share a drink, and laugh at how old I've gotten."

By then, she would be gone, and he sat at the table, the papers under his hand, lost in though, for a rather long time.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the Crown, to meet a Queen   At the Crown, to meet a Queen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the Crown, to meet a Queen
Page 1 of 1