Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Invalid thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Phooka

Phooka

Invalid thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-11, 16:38

Then why you so stupid to think Phooka not change?
He settled back in his chair, his left hand stroking the arm made up of skulls.
Phooka tell Morningstar all about changes. But not now. Later. If Morningstar still here later.
He grinned. A lipless, pointed tooth grin.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-11, 22:57

Artimus tried to think of a mart remark, but the pain in his fingers was too much for him to concentrate, so he let the goblins march him through the castle to the cell.

Once inside he waited as the door was closed then looked down at his hands. His fingertips were still at odd angles, and he fought back the pain as he reset the bones one by one.
He released the magic he had gathered by creating a harmless rainbow between his palms, then sat down on the small pallett that was meant to be a bed and weighed up his situation.

He hadn't expected this to be easy, in fact he had expected to be captured, which was why he hadn't wanted to bring his rapier. His hands wouldn't be much use for a while now - they would need time to repair themselves.
Phooka was more intelligent than he had expected. That was a mistake on his part, assuming he'd always be able to outwit him.
The blue freak was clearly testing him by leaving the door unlocked and no guards posted. Maybe if he is more intelligent, then he really might stick to his word and consider helping.

Art's main priority now - apart from staying alive - was to show no concern over the pendant. If he tipped him off that it was special to him then it might cause problems. No, he'd have to keep an eye on it's whereabouts and then when he was ready to leave he could retrieve it. Why had he brought it with him in the first place?

Well he had nothing to do now but wait. Wait and hope Jade could carry on without him for a while. he had no idea how long he'd be here for.
Back to top Go down
Phooka

Phooka

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-12, 13:59

The man was lead from the room and Phooka waited until he was gone before calling a servant and asking it to bring a drink. He picked up his book and tried to read, but he was too preoccupied.

Morningstar's actions here concerned him. He truly wasn't interested in taking over the island. He left Aegis alone and they left him alone. In fact he wondered if people had forgotten he existed.

But if war was coming then should he act to help? If the war was lost and a new ruler took over maybe the new ruler would come to invade Marloc. And who would stand by the aid him? No, Morningstar's logic mad perfect sense.

Besides, he came here willingly. What other motives would he have unless he was desperate? The man's honour couldn't be questioned now.

Phooka put the book down and began to walk down to the basement.

Once there he peered through the gaps in the door window. Morningstar was sitting on the pallet seemingly lost in thought. He reached out and opened the door.

Morningstar came here to ask phooka for help, but no one tell Morningstar to come here. So, what Morningstar offer Phooka for Phooka help?
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-12, 22:46

Artimus was still sitting, thinking as the blue freak opened the door. He looked up at the thing as it spoke.

You're right, I'm in no position to bargain. I hoped you might see sense in what I ask fo you, and to appeal to your better nature. Of course, I could ask if there is anything you want that I could try and offer you?

He was fairly sure what the only thing Phooka wanted was, and his only bargaining chip. It was him.
Artimus thought eh knew Phooka; thought he knew that what mattered most to him was proving he was better than Artimus, so by giving himself to the freak he would give him what he wanted.
of course that was before he learnt Phooka was now clever and able to reason.
Back to top Go down
Phooka

Phooka

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-13, 08:35

His lipless mouth curled into a snarl.
Better Nature? Morningstar - You (he was finally getting used to the words) assume Phooka has better nature?

He stepped through the doorway he had been standing in, ducking his head as he did so.
As for what Phooka want, Phooka want to show world he better than You. But You tricky bastard. Trick Phooka. Phooka no lock you up - that show You better than Phooka because Phooka have no control. So Phooka let you walk free - but that show You in control.
World know You no match for Phooka in fight, Phooka kill you in moments. That prove nothing.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-13, 13:37

Artimus took a moment to work out what exactly the blue freak was trying to say, and he thought he understood. This was a matter of dominance.
Back when he had been Captain of the Royal Guard, he and Phooka had been opposite sides of the same position.
And now?
Artimus had left the place, and he had no idea what had happened to Phooka. Phooka clearly wanted to show they were still equals, but him better.
Phookas dilemma (as Artimus saw it) was that by keep Artimus locked in the cells, he was saying Artimus was better, because Phooka had the need to keep him locked up. But if he let him free to come and go as pleased then Artimus showed he was still better.

Artimus himself had no idea how to solve this situation.

I could write a letter to the Twilight Times, saying Phooka are better than Morningstar?

Oh yes, that's the way to do it. Mock his speach impediment too!
Back to top Go down
Phooka

Phooka

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-13, 13:50

He stepped forward and once again became face-to-face with his nemesis.
Why You really come here, Morningstar?
He flicked his tongue out quickly, reminding him of his imaginary powers. He was laughing to himself on the inside, that Morningstar was so easily fooled by such a simple trick.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-13, 14:03

His natural instict was to recoil away from that breath and the tongue, but he held his ground and tried not to flinch.

I told you why. The island heads towards war and we need every able warrior to stand united. Phooka, let us not spend all night talking in tongues. I'm here to try to persuade you to join us; to fight alongside one another. As equals. Your army and... me.
If subservience is what you wish, then I give it. I have no army of my own to command, no men to lead. I will gladly stand in your shadow for this battle, under your command.

While it was true he had no actual army, was he not training the citizens of Salarain to fight? Well, Jade was. And that was just to defend their homes.
No, he had no army. He was sure if he rode to battle, that some people would join him and fight alongside him, but he would gladly give up that privilage if he could bring Phooka and an entire army of goblins into the fray.
And by allowing Phooka to command him, it should satisfy the blue thing's need to show who is better.

Now, as for this moment in time, I am not planning on going anywhere. I know this, and you now know I mean this - if you can tell truths and lies.
So now we both know this as fact, let's accept the fact I'm going to be here for a while and why don't you get me a proper bed?
Back to top Go down
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-14, 08:49

OOC Comment: I haven't had an opportunity to read this thread - but the Army of Goblins is with Rensain...and so is the floating castle...
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime2011-01-14, 12:56

((OOC: Oh.. ok.. My mistake then, I thought Rennie lived in Vlad's house. Should we ignore this entire thread then? I can repost a new one to replace it.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invalid thread   Invalid thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invalid thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Cities :: Castle Marloc-
Jump to: