Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Last Airbender

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitime2010-11-20, 18:19

I haven't seen this movie, really, really wanted to go to the movies but couldn't find a babysitter. So, without too many spoilers, what do you guys think of it? Just curious. Smile

Rae
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitime2010-11-21, 02:43

I had a big discussion about this on Facebook recently.
Now, from my own point-of-view; I've never seen the cartoon series, and heard the film had been slagged off by many critics., so I watched with an air of dissapointment as well as total lack of knowledge.

And when i finished watching, I really enjoyed it. But - and this is the big but that some of my friends failed to see understand - it was because I had no preconceptions about the film.
From what I understand, the film is basically the first 13 episodes, but highly condensed.
As a first time viewer I had no problem understanding the concept of bending, or of the plot. There were a few questions that didn't seem to be answered in the film, but they were fairly minor ones (like why did it take 5 Earth benders to move a small rock, while one could create a huge create wave of earth?)

But other than that, I did enjoy it.

I have since tried to watch the cartoon and found it really unwatchable. It's nothing like the people in the film are. Smile
Back to top Go down
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitime2010-12-07, 16:21

I actually went out and bought this movie in the end so that I could see for myself. I didn't find it a bad movie - actually, I loved the concept - but something, was just missing. I'm not sure really what it was. The movie lacked substance and seemed too childish in parts. Maybe that was just me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender   The Last Airbender Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC Boards :: Misc.-
Jump to: