Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beginning the Training.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-07-31, 18:24

~she smiled softly and nodded~

~she handed the bow to him as she then sat down on the rock and she watched him~
"Well you are still a good shot with the bow at least" ~she grinned and was teasing him alittle.~

~she watches him as he starts to draw magic and listened to him.~

~she nods~
"I have done very little with fire...*taking a deep breath moving her hand to the flame. the flames start to dance on her fingertips.* This is about as far as I have gone...its partly am afraid it will burn me..." ~she watched the flame closed her eyes trying to push that fear out of her mind. then opening her eyes as the flames engulf her fingers.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-07-31, 18:43

He sat and waited to see what sort of reaction she would have. He really wasn't sure if she was able to control elements like fire, but if she could - and given he could create fire - it could become a very powerful weapon between the pair of them.

Just take it slowly. Nice and easy
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-07-31, 19:37

~she opened her eyes and shook her hand putting it out... her breathing really heavy as she went to the water and placed her hand in it... the fire scares her... her breathing still heavy not from use but just the fear....she didn't like fire cause it was what took her mother from her...she tried to hide her face from her father not wanting to have him see her scared..it wasn't the fear of the flame it was more of what damage could be done. That is why she didn't do much with fire...it hard to control..of the elements she knew her mother could control fire was the last one she mastered. Earth and stone where easy.. water was usually the second and air to follow...fire fourth..and the most dangerous.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 03:02

He had completely forgotten that fire had taken her mother's life; he wanted her to se it because it was the one element he could create with ease with his limited magic ability.
He watched as she moved away, not able to control it, and move to the lake.

Alright then, we could try something with water.

He didn't see the expression on her face - despite being an observant guy, sometimes he missed the very obvious when he wasn't looking for it.

Can you make a pillar of water rise up in the middle of the lake?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 14:17

~she took a deep breath. and nodded.~

~moving her hand slowing in the water she closed her eyes keeping her hand move the water slowly rises in the middle of the lake. she stands up and her hand she had in the water looks like water. she stands there watching the pillar as it splashes back down.~

"Am sorry about the fire. I have... been afraid of it cause.. its one of the strongest elements...and its the one thing that played in killing mom...and if I can't control..it I might hurt someone.." ~she just stared out across the lake.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 14:26

He watches the water moving, then see's her hand, listening to her words.
His face falls as he realises what he asked her to do.

I didn't realise there was a fire at the library he says softly, putting his hand on her shoulder.

We can work on fire another time. He breathed out heavily.
How are you at air?
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 14:39

~she looked at him~

"Its what cause the library to collaspe. From what I know. Mom was trying to help put it out..kinda like what i did with the hole...bring the water to it from the moat..its when she came out of the ground when it was to late and the firey building fell on her and a few others."

~she took a deep breath.~

"I want to learn fire more. but I may not want you close when I do..like do what you did this time... but then back off. Cause I would rather it just hurt me then I accidentially hurt you."

~she ran a hair thru her hair.~

"Now Air...I have only done more of a wide scope of like a gentle breeze... or... ~she took a breath. As you could feel the air move and adjust like it was being drawn in... and with a flip of her hand you could feel this strong gust of air move thru the trees right for the camp area. Stepping almost in front of her father she put out her hands and made the wind go around them like they were in a protective bubble almost.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 15:22

He listens to her, and feels the air moving, then stopping. A small smile comes onto his lips.

Jade, let me try something.

He moved several paces away from her, then turned to face her.

Stand in the lake; if this goes wrong, I'll need you to make a water shield, or get under water, or.. something..
He hoped this wouldn't go wrong.

He drew in magic and put the flame back in the palm of his hand.

Don't be scared. Just do what you just did with the air.
He used all his mage knowhow to make the flame leave his hand, like a fiery ball, hurtling towards her.
He hoped the bubble of air would cause the fireball to evaporate, or split in two, or... anything other than hit her.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 15:52

~she turned and looked at him~

~she kicked off her boots and then went into the water she slid her feet under the dirt on the bottom and watched him closely.~

~she tilted her head as she saw the flame. He was far enough away.. she took a defensive stands.. watching the flame come at her~

"alright jade.. he is at a safe distance take it take the fire. make it yours..." she thought to herself.

~As the fireball hit there was this big almost like an explosion the combination of air wrapped around her the flame within with jade as it engulfed her she bend over some like she was fighting with it. After a few moments of fighting with it the air that had contained it all went out and cause a small wave of air energy that would have hit her father but just moved him a small amount. She was completely engulfed in the flame like she was walking fire. she took a step forward back to the shore slowly she made the flames die down until there was a very faint flame coming off her. and then closed her eyes and she put out the flame completely. and then dropped to her knees. Her breathing very heavy.~

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 16:14

Artimus watched the ball flying at her, then watched in silence as she dealt with it. His breathing stopped as she became encased in fire, but then she managed to get it under control and he released the breath.

He walked over to her as she lay at the side of the lake.

I think we should call it a day there he said softly. There were a few more things he wanted to try, but there would be plenty of time to try another day.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 16:53

~she nodded her breath starting to slow some~

"Sounds...like a plan..."

~she slowly stood and stagged abit.~

"Ok that took more then I expected."

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 17:04

He put his arm around her, helping her.

I didn't mean you had to leave right away, just that i think we've done enough training for today.

He helped her down to the ground, to let her get her breath back, and went off to catch something to eat.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 17:17

~she sat back down on the ground. and then layed back once her father left. she was looking up into the sky and ended up falling asleep.~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 17:37

He was a while hunting, waiting in the bushes with his bow poised ready to strike, before finally snagging his prey.

He walked back to the lake and saw her asleep, so quietly started to prepare a small meal for them.

Darkness was beginning to fall as it was ready, but he woke her up with a small shake.

I made a stew he said, not wanting to mention what it was he made the stew out of.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 20:41

~she blinked awake and smiled.~

"Hey dad." ~she was still surprise he had come back to aegis and so greatful no matter what.~

~she sat up and moved over to the fire~

"Oh good am hungry."

Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-01, 22:10

He smiled, and ate with her, discussing some of the other things he hoped to teach her in the coming days.

These included improving her sword fighting; better aim with bow and arrow; crossbow and throwing knives; as well as using her elemental powers to defend against things, and better control of those powers.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 14:16

~she ate and nods as they talk of things to come.~

" I do wish mom was still around. She would be happy to see you again." ~she finished up her food and placed the bowl down.~

"Is alright if i just sleep here on the ground. That way we can get an earlier start..?"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 14:23

I miss her too. I came back.. for her.. he paused But I found you instead. I wish she was here with us, but you being here has numbed some of the pain.

He smiled, certain he hadn't said he was living here in the forest.

And what makes you think I'm not going to go back to Meriddia and sleep in my bed?

He was living here, of course, in the cave, and there was room for two. He just wanted to see what hints he had dropped about, and how sharp she was.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 14:30

~She flashed her grin~

"Cause if i had a choice of been in the castle or out here. I would be out here. Its more peaceful out here. i mean i like the castle and all. but when I was growning up in that other realm..with the people mom trusted. we lived in tents most of the time so it reminds me of the good times when she would come and visit."
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 14:47

You could sleep out here, under the stars. But me, i prefer a nice warm bed. Well, a blanket on the ground anyway. In that cave over there.... He sighed (he seemed to be doing a lot of that recently)

I wasn't going to tell you I was living here; i thought you might think me, strange, for wanting to be away from city life.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 15:14

~she smiled softly at him and got up and walked over to her bag. and she pulled out a small blanket. and then grabbed her bag.~

"blanket... and my pillow." ~she layed out the blanket and threw her bag down~

"Its not strange at all." ~she laid down on blanket.~

"I look up at the stars. I used wonder what you were doing and what your life was like. and why you weren't here with us..and well now I know about that..now I wonder what mother is doing up in heaven hoping she is happy.' ~she looks over to her dad.~

"I know I need to go to the library to get some closure...but.. *sighs*"
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 15:18

He looked over to her, lying there in the blanket.

Tomorrow. We'll go tomorrow. He didn't want to go. Seeing the place where she... died.. would be so final to him. He had so many memories of Draco, so much emotion there. And now, another reason to hate the place.

But if he went there with her. He hoped he wouldn't break down with her around, He didn't want her to see him like that.
Back to top Go down
Jade Blake

Jade Blake

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 15:28

~she looked over at him~

"ok." ~she then looked up at the sky as a tears fell from her eyes she knew she could do it with him.~

~she closed her eyes and fell asleep~
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 15:37

He saw the tear form, and wondered what she was thinking of.

He went back to the cave and took his blanket and pillow out, heading back to where she was, to sleep near her and make sure she would be safe.

It wasn't long before he himself was asleep.
Back to top Go down
Artimus Morningstar

Artimus Morningstar

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime2010-08-02, 16:48

He woke up early; nearly 20 years of guard training was had to shake off. He did his morning exercise routine, and had a quick swim in the lake, before getting dressed and waking his daughter.

We've got a busy day ahead of us he said. I want to stop by Meriddia before we go to Draco, there is something I need to find out. It shouldn't take long. I'm sure you can find something keep you entertained.

He Picked up his cloak and put it in a bag, then went to see if the horse was still around.
It was.
He gave it a brush and waited for her to get ready, before leaving together through the forest, to Meriddia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning the Training.   Beginning the Training. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginning the Training.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4