Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Different Ways to Discribe Aegis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rensain Caladore

Rensain Caladore

Different Ways to Discribe Aegis Empty
PostSubject: Different Ways to Discribe Aegis   Different Ways to Discribe Aegis Icon_minitime2010-06-17, 22:04

I wondered how everyone else described Aegis. Here are my thoughts:

Aegis has an aura about it, that when the players come together, something of a spell is created. There is a chemistry of togetherness that cannot be created anywhere else. In character, we are able to go from the deadly serious (Angel losing a child) to the utterly rediculous (Fairy massacre, anyone?). Got to love it.
Back to top Go down
Mycheal
Admin
Mycheal

PostSubject: Re: Different Ways to Discribe Aegis   Different Ways to Discribe Aegis Icon_minitime2010-06-17, 22:33

It would say it thusly:

Aegis contains the aura of "Epic Fantasy." The Island is alive, its cities are populated, heroes are questing, villains are plotting, kings and queens are ruling, and all about are the marks of high adventure. Lost treasures are hidden away, bandits lie in wait, the seas are awash with scalawags, and the land is crawling with every sort of creature from monstrous to goblinoid. There is a silent tension that awaits the magic incantations, evocations, rituals, summonings, and assertions of mental will which threaten to bring forth all manner of metaphysical mayhem upon the unsuspecting masses. The darkness swarms with evil and coalesces to gather the force and courage to take on the light which shines as a beacon upon the hilltops. Soldiers are antsy, commanders are anxious, and generals stand solemn awaiting their marching orders. It is High-Fantasy, it is Free-Form Role Playing at its finest, it is AEGIS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eydya.com
Queen Bathory
Admin
Queen Bathory

PostSubject: Re: Different Ways to Discribe Aegis   Different Ways to Discribe Aegis Icon_minitime2010-06-24, 11:08

I think this is a really sweet post, I'm glad that others have been willing to pen their thoughts on my realm. So, I figured I'd join in with my own.

There are many moods that can sway Aegis. It is a place where its members will happily welcome you with open arms, even if we do share a common guard of caution. We are strong unified, we never waver in the face of an enemy. Yet like a guiding parent we attempt patience in the presence of others.
Back to top Go down
Letala

Letala

PostSubject: Re: Different Ways to Discribe Aegis   Different Ways to Discribe Aegis Icon_minitime2010-06-24, 15:43

From what i have seen thus far....

In my eyes Aegis is what RP should be, an almost too perfect balance of every aspect one can think of. No villain comes without a reason behind their motives and no hero comes without a darker side. The webs are deep rooted and always lead to stories to be told and new ones to be made. A place where as soon as you think you understand it, it completely proves you wrong. Aegis is nurturing of the characters, where one can grow and take in the joy of seeing something as simple as an idea for a new character or story line, perhaps even only causally spoken of OOC, to flourish and take a life of its own. Aegis is everything you want it to be. Think it, create it, play it. Aegis is place to call home.

Last edited by Letala on 2010-06-25, 14:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jared Crimsonflame

Jared Crimsonflame

PostSubject: Re: Different Ways to Discribe Aegis   Different Ways to Discribe Aegis Icon_minitime2010-06-24, 20:06

Everyone else has written something flowing and beautifully poetic. Here's how I'd discribe Aegis:

A Lunatic Asylum.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different Ways to Discribe Aegis   Different Ways to Discribe Aegis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different Ways to Discribe Aegis
Page 1 of 1